16

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

 

Kris nodded.

Jungah turned to the screen again, there were photos of a younger looking Dahae and Kris, holding hands. Another one was the two of them hugging. Her eyes quickly scanned through the article.

Jungah shook her head.

“Jungah, I wanted to tell you~”

“It doesn’t matter anymore, Kris. I don’t care if you tried to tell me!”

“Please, just listen~”

“I don’t want to.” She tried to walk past him, but Kris pulled her back.

“Jungah please, I need you right now, don’t do this.” He almost whispered.

Jungah looked at him straightly.

“Get your hands off me.”

Kris was taken aback by her tone, Jungah shrugged him off.

“You have to believe me here, Jungah. I never~”

“I don’t want to listen to you.”

Jungah faced him.

“What I saw back there, in our office, I don’t think I still need an explanation Kris.”

“Dahae and I are over, long over.”

“Yeah, that’s what I heard too.” Jungah replied before heading towards the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

 

 

Luhan just watched with worry as Jungah stepped out of her office, he was worried but he knew he shouldn’t step in. Jungah was married now, he couldn’t just tell her what to do. He had no right to anymore.

“Where are you off to, mei?”

Jungah looked at him with empty eyes.

“I have to meet the person Unicef sent, I’ll be back for the meeting.” She replied before walking towards the elevator.

 

“You must be Wu Jungah, right? Former Miss Xi?” The middle aged lady greeted Jungah, she was dressed elegantly with her black dress and pearl earrings.

“Yes, pleased to meet you, Mrs. Im. We are very privileged for Unicef to choose us.” Jungah nodded.

“Well, this year’s party, is very special.”

Jungah smiled politely.

“Each year, we have a theme we have to follow. This chosen theme has been approved by Unicef’s leaders. The ones invited to the gala must follow this too in order to get in the party.”

“This year’s theme is old Hollywood, like the nineteen fifties.”

“It sounds exciting.” Jungah nodded.

“Yes, it is. But, Miss Xi, I trust you will keep everything confidential. It has been a big tradition for Unicef to keep the exclusivity if the gala.”

 

After the light meal with Mrs. Im, Jungah made her way towards the powder room. She rubbed her temples tenderly; she didn’t expect a headache would hit her while eating. She put her purse down and stared at her reflection. Then she heard some people talking.

“I saw her, she’s here too!”

“What a shame! She still has the guts to come out? It’s obvious, Kris Wu only chose her because he was forced. ”

“We all saw it coming, he was too good for her, she’s a wild one, they don’t match not at all!”

“Of course, that Nam Dahae girl finished school with an MBA, what does that spoiled Xi princess know? Partying?”

Jungah shook her head.

 

Luhan looked up as his sister stepped in the room, she greeted the directors politely before she took her seat beside him.

“Hey, are you okay?” He leaned over. Jungah was slightly pale and she didn’t look good.

“Headache and I feel constipated, Luhan. Sorry for being late.”

“It’s fine, I’ll drive you home later.” He rubbed her back slightly.

“No need, I have to meet up one of the event organizers for Unicef.” Jungah shrugged. Luhan just nodded and smiled at his sister.

“How’s everything with…Kris, mei?”

 

Jungah didn’t reply.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++