15

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

 

“She arrived unannounced?!” Luhan balked. His secretary nodded.

Then Lay came running into his office.

“Ge, Jungah’s here. But no one can reach her.” Lay panted.

Luhan got his phone and started to contact his sister.

Luhan’s brows furrowed deeply as the line got cut.

He met eyes with Lay, somehow they had a feeling that Chanyeol and Yejin were both right. They knew Kris well, he wouldn’t do such a thing.

It had to be Dahae.

 

 

Jungah stepped on the gas mercilessly. She felt tears fall on her cheeks, but she didn’t bother to wipe them away. To hell with the tears.

She had no idea where to go. She didn’t want to see people. She didn’t want to show herself.

She did not know how to process what she had just seen.

Earlier she believed that there was a clear explanation about the article, but now she knew she there was no explanation.

Kris and Dahae.

Her fingers curled around the steering wheel tightly.

She hated this side of her.

Weak.

But she could not believe it. She never imagined that something like this would happen to her, to her marriage.

And to think, Kris, she knew that he was the one for her, the man of her dreams, but then again, he just broke her heart.

 

“I was too late.” Yejin shook her head, Chanyeol frowned.

“If only,” He sighed.

“Do you know where she could have gone?” She asked.

“I called Yongguk hyung, she didn’t turn up at the track, she didn’t pass by theit Jeollado branch too.”

Yejin shook her head.

“Yeol, I’m scared that…she might suffer a lot because of this.”

“But, Yejin, if she came home here, she would have spoken to Kris right away. Jungah always has a cool head when it comes to this type of thing, but why…why is she hard to reach?”

Yejin blinked, he was right.

Jungah would definitely speak with Kris first, but Kris didn’t even know where she was.

Unless, something happened.

 

Kris walked in the condo and took off his coat. All of this thoughts were on Jungah. The whole day, he was trying to reach her, he even went out and drove around, but she was nowhere to be found. Worry was eating him inside.

It didn’t matter if she refused to speak to him, as long as he knew she was safe, he would be satisfied with that.

Then he jumped slightly when he heard one of the doors open.

He turned and saw Jungah stepping out from the room, clad in a pair of sweats and a shirt.

“Jungah, I~”

“I don’t want to talk.”

“I’m sorr~”

“Don’t make me repeat myself.”

Then she walked towards the study and closed the doors behind her.

 

Jungah sat down and opened the envelop, it was something Unicef had sent her. She read the contents quickly.

She was to meet the Gala head tomorrow to discuss about the party.

Jungah sighed and leaned back on cushion.

The reason why she was home again was because she knew she had to save face, not for herself, but for the company. She had to appear strong and put together for the public or else the company’s image would crumble along with her.

She looked up to stop the tears from falling on her cheeks.

Doubts were clouding her mind.

She remembered her talk with Dahae.

“So, where’d you finish up schooling? I remember you wanted to go to fashion school when we were five.”

“Well, I was naïve that time. I studied at Canada and got my MBA there.”

Dahae was definitely at a different level. She was someone who took business seriously, she knows how to deal with everything, she was someone who would understand Kris perfectly.

Jungah turned to her laptop and switched it on. She glanced at her cellphone which has been ringing nonstop.

Then just as she opened a new window, she saw another article that startled her. At the same time Kris stepped in the room.

Jungah turned to him.

 

“You know each other.” She stated.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++