10

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

Jungah yawned lightly as she stepped out of her office. It was around one in the afternoon and she was happy that she finally finished reviewing the documents that were given to her.

She was about to head to the elevator when her secretary came dashing to her.

“Director Wu!”

She blinked at the lady.

“Is something~”

She balked as she saw the paper that was handed to her.

 

 

Yejin puffed her cheeks as she eyed her phone warily. She was inside their home, she looked up as Lay stepped in the study.

“Did you see?” Yixing asked her.

“I did, and now they’re talking about Jungah.” Yejin frowned.

“It’s a good thing its just Dahae.” Lay nodded, he kissed Yejin’s cheek before heading to the stairs.

Yejin made a face and dropped her phone on the couch.

I don’t see the good in it.

 

 

Kris winced as he stepped out from the building, there was already a small crowd of media gathering around the entrance, minutes later he finally reached his car.

As soon as he got in he got his phone, his secretary was calling.

“Sir, miss Song just called me, Mrs. Wu just scheduled her flight back today.”

Kris sighed in relief.

“Okay, send me Jungah’s schedule and clear out my day.” He said as he stepped on the pedal.

Kris’s brows furrowed as he sped towards the airport. He had no idea what to do. He was sure that Jungah would be disappointed. But he never expected people would even take pictures of him.

DIRECTOR WU YIFAN WITH ANOTHER WOMAN!

WU AND XI UNION, BROKEN?!

He shook his head as he remembered the articles.

 

Jungah shook her head as she stepped out of the arrivals areas, half of her face was covered with her baseball cap. She pulled her MCM backpack closer to her as she walked towards one of the taxis.

She didn’t really plan to come home. She knew that Kris was just doing what she told him to. He was helping Dahae.

The photos of him and Dahae walking together didn’t really bother. She recognized where they were walking, it was the park near the Xi residence.

She pulled her hat tighter as she reached the vehicle, but she felt someone grab her.

“Wha~” She halted when her cheek collided with a very familiar chest.

She felt relief wash over her.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t~”

She pulled away from Kris and took off her cap.

“I was expecting my secretary.”

Kris blinked at her in surprise.

Jungah smiled as she read the expression on his face.

“Or the cab.” She offered.

“Jungah, the article, it was a mistake. I~”

“I know, Wu Yifan. I don’t even know why Agung forced me to come home.”

Kris stared at her, but then he smiled and planted his lips on hers.

“I was worried.”

“Yeah. You were, apparently someone asked for my schedule and made Secretary Song cancel my flight back to Beijing tonight?”  She looked at him questioningly.

Kris just smiled at her and kissed her forehead, but deep inside something was eating him.

 

Worry.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++