18

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

“No races, tonight, Jungie.” Yongguk greeted her with a hug.

“I know, I just came to hang out with you guys.”

“Does Kris even know~” Daehyun hit Youngjae on the back before he could finish.

Jungah slapped his shoulder and sat beside Zelo.

Chanyeol poked her shin with his shoe.

“Hey, oppa.”

He narrowed his eyes at her.

“Jungie, you know that we’re here for you, right?” Himchan squeezed her shoulder reassuringly.

“I know, thanks.” She shrugged at him with a smile on her face.

Daehyun exhaled.

Her smile, not even close to a real one.

“Uhmm, anyone here?” A female voice joined them. Yejin came through the doors then she smiled as she saw her friend.

“Jungah!” She sighed as she walked to join them.

“Why are you here this late?” Yejin blinked.

“You’re one to ask, where should I be?” Jungah chuckled at her.

Yejin blinked, of course, Lay knew where she was, but Jungah.

Shouldn’t Jungah be home trying to fix things with Kris?

 

Jungah left earlier than everyone, leaving Yejin with the guys.

“That was Xi Feilin, trying to be…well, putting up..with the she’s going through.”

Yejin frowned.

“Kris has been trying to talk to her, but she doesn’t…listen.” Daehyun said.

“Trying?!” Yejin shook her head.

“This would not even happen if only he told her the truth.”

 “Think about it, Lee, put yourself in his shoes, Dahae is close to the family and Jungah and her got along well. If ..Kris..tells Jungah, he might damage the friendship between them.”

“Well, look at what’s damaged now, Yeol.”

Chanyeol frowned.

“But, what did really happen between Kris and Dahae?”

“That doesn’t matter, Jungah’s not acting herself. I’m afraid she’ll be in danger again.” Yongguk frowned.

 

 

“Director, an invitation arrived from Hyundai Automobile, they’re inviting you for a product launch.” Secretary Song said as she walked with her boss.

“Really? Put it on my schedule then.” Jungah nodded, while browsing through an events catalogue.

“I have to drive to Songpa today for the summit hall. Tell director Cho to hand in the financial report by three today.”

“Yes, director.”

Jungah nodded then she started to walk away.

“But, director, shall I send the invite to Mister Wu?” She asked.

“You decide.” Jungah replied before stepping in the elevator.

Her secretary frowned before turning back to her desk.

 

Jungah got in her car, then she momentarily winced as she felt another headache hit her again.

She exhaled and wiped her damp forehead and started the engine.

Headaches have been giving her frequent visits recently and sometimes, she would just feel like sleeping.

She shook her head.

Maybe after fixing up the Gala she would get some rest.             

Maybe.

 

Kris put down his phone, he just spoke with his wife’s secretary. Jungah was at Songpa as of the moment for the Gala.

He wanted to talk to her badly, but she was rejecting him.

Then he heard the doors open, Yejin looked at him.

“Yejin-ah.” He stood up.

“I don’t know if I’m stepping beyond my boundary, well to hell with it, but Kris..fix this.”

“She’s…She’s hurt okay? I don’t know if you heard about the way people would talk about her.”

“Talk? What do you mean?”

“You don’t know, great. Some say she’s not good for you, you’re too good for her and they even compare her with Dahae. It might not bother her at first, but Kris, now…I know that it will definitely crush her.”

“Dahae and I are nothing.”

“I know, I can see that. If you two were still..something, she would be here and I would be skinning her alive, but Kris, please talk to Jungah. Something might happen then you’d end up losing your marriage and I don’t want you guys hurt.”

“Yejin, I try to talk to her, but..she..”

“You might have heard her out during the Nichkhun incident, but this is different. Khun and her didn’t have this kind of…rumor. It was basless, but this…” Yejin sighed.

 

 

“Just prove to her who she is to you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++