19

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

“These are the files for the Gala, make sure to put them on my desk. Some information is confidential.” Jungah said as her secretary met her by the lobby.

“Yes, I will, director.”

“Then that will all, I’ll be going home.” She nodded.

“Uhm, director, someone wants to meet you, she’s in~”

“Cancel it, I have a headache. Reschedule tomorrow.” She squeezed her secretary’s shoulder before leaving.

 

 

Jungah stepped in the condo and found herself alone, she exhaled in relief as she walked towards the kitchen, then she looked for their medicine kit and got herself some Tylenol.

She leaned on the counter as she downed the tablets with water.

It was just around four in the afternoon and her mind kept on dragging her down, wanting to sleep.

 

 

Kris’s brows furrowed.

So it was true, people have been talking about Jungah. He had asked hi secretary to listen around and he was surprised that it was true.

And he only made it worst, his issue with Dahae was adding to it all.

He stepped in their room and found Jungah sitting on the bed with her laptop, she was reading something.

“Jungah.” He said softly.

Jungah didn’t look up.

“We need to talk, and you know that.”

Jungah shut her laptop close and placed it on her dresser.

Then she started to walk towards the doors, Kris groaned and pulled her back, pinning her to the wall.

Jungah looked at him emotionlessly.

“Talk.” She said flatly.

“Why are you doing this?! You know full well who you are to me.”

Jungah smiled.

“Are you done?” She asked.

“Will you please just take this seriously?!” Kris lost his temper.

Jungah shook her head.

“You know what, Kris. I don’t even know what to take seriously. Let go.”

Kris shook his head.

“Was it so hard to tell me everything? You’re…the one I trusted the most.”

“I tried, but you always~”

“Yes, because it’s always me, the spoiled Xi princess who only knows how to party. Let’s face it, Li Jiaheng,”

Jungah looked at him straightly and what she said next made Kris let go of her.

“Maybe I’m not the right person for you.”

 

Dahae stepped in the office and found it empty.

She wanted to speak to Jungah. Yes, she hated her, but she wanted to clean her name and tell her who Kris was to her.

But Jungah never arrived, only her secretary who told her she couldn’t come.

She saw the rows of books and the empty desk.

Her eyes landed on the view behind her desk.

“She doesn’t deserve this kind of office.”

She smiled and turned to Jungah’s desk, then a large A4 size envelope caught her eyes.

 

She opened the item then her smile grew wider.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++