17

Worlds Collide: The Aftermath

 

Kris glanced up as Jungah shut the door behind her.

He frowned as she walked to the kitchen and grabbed herself a glass of water, then she walked towards the study.

Kris leaned back on the couch.

He wanted to talk to her, but knowing his wife, he knew she would just push him away.

His fingers curled around his phone tightly.

If only Dahae didn’t come back.

If only he told her earlier about the truth, this would never have happened.

 

 

Jungah swallowed the ibuprofen tablet quickly, she opened her laptop and reviewed the schedule for the Gala. She decided to put all her energy on the party instead of thinking about what was happening in their household.

Emotions weren’t really her thing.

She’d rather let it be than deal with it.

She leaned on her elbow as she listed the contacts she needed, then her eyes lingered towards the portrait hanging on the wall.

Their wedding portrait.

Jungah winced and looked back at the screen again.

“I cant believe it, it’s not even a year yet!”

“I saw it coming, he’s too good for her.”

“Of course, what would that spoiled Xi heiress know?”

Jungah bit her lip as her eyes moistened.

What if they were right?

She shook her head again, then she felt herself leaning back on her chair, soon she fell asleep.

 

“I saw her earlier, she’s starting to worry me.” Luhan said. Yixing looked at his cousin with sadness in his eyes, Luhan was inside Yixing’s office while Yejin was visiting her husband.
“Is she okay, ge?” Yejin asked.

“Physically, she is, she looks a little fatigued, but I know her. She’s just trying to put up a strong front.”

“But, she’s still with Kris right? I mean, that’s a good sign.” Lay nodded.

“No.” Yejin shook her head, the two males looked at her.

“She’s just trying to save face. Jungah’s not good with emotions, but she knows what she should do. If she really left, people would talk more, that would damage the family’s reputation.”

Lay frowned.

“Dahae and Kris, who would have known.” Yejin bit her lip as she felt extreme hatred towards her friend.

“I need to see Jungah, this is not right.” Yejin stood up then she left.

 

 

Himchan frowned as he read the paper, Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“I knew it. She’s bad news.” He grumbled. Daehyun and Yongguk remained quiet, they were gathered at the shop, as usual.

“I’ve been trying to call her, but…nothing.” Youngjae sighed.

Then they heard a low purr of an engine from the outside.

Jongup sat up and blinked.

Then Jungah stepped in the room with a smirk on her face.

 

“It’s been a long time, guys.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++