Kim Mingyu

Nameless

During the two following weeks they kept meeting in the bathroom before lunch time. They shared lots of kisses and caresses. It came to a point that Wonwoo missed the boy’s lips even when he was at home or with his sister and he could feel the same happened to the other, because the way they kissed was with need and attraction.

Kissing that boy made Wonwoo feel free and without worries. He lived always worried about his sister and mum’s safety and he was like the father of their family now, he was the only man, and of course his mum could take care of herself, but not his sister, Hanji was still so young and his mum worked so hard, so Hanji was Wonwoo’s responsibility. But when he kissed that boy he felt relaxed and free of that weight that was on his shoulders, he forgot about his sister, his mum, his dad, and even Doyoon.

Of course they also saw each other at the end of the day but they could just say goodbye to each other because more students were around, but that’s not what made Wonwoo worried, what worried him is that he got used to make out with a boy whose name was unknown. He needed to ask his name, and probably the boy didn’t know his either because he never mentioned it or called him by the name, basically because only their eyes were needed to notice each other’s presence.

So on the third week of all this Wonwoo went to the bathroom as always, and when he reached there the boy was already there, with nobody else in there.

“Hey” the boy said and approached Wonwoo.

“We need to talk” he said instead of a hello.

“Do we?”

“Hell yes we do” Wonwoo said “But not here… it’s too gross, let’s go to the backyard”

“What about your friends?”

“I texted them, what about yours?” Wonwoo said.

“They won’t miss me” the boy shrugged and Wonwoo grabbed him by the arm heading out of the bathroom but the boy stopped him.

“What?” Wonwoo said turning around and he was answered by a pair of soft and tasty lips on top of his, he kissed back and tried to make it short, but the boy’s arms made it difficult for him. So when the boy decided they pulled away.

“We can go now” he said and Wonwoo rolled his eyes before heading out of the bathroom with the other one following him.

They reached the backyard and sat on one of the benches there. “So, what’s that we need to talk about?”

“Do you seriously have no clue about it?” Wonwoo asked in disbelief and the boy shrugged “Ok, first of all, what’s your freaking name? I don’t even know your name and I’ve been making out with you for almost three weeks already”

“Wow, I’ve never heard you talk for that long” the boy said and Wonwoo glared at him “Kim Mingyu, that’s my name”

“Thanks” Wonwoo said and smiled “Do you know mine by any chance?”

“No idea” the boy said honestly and Wonwoo laughed.

“Jeon Wonwoo” he said and the boy smiled.

“Great, now we can moan each other’s names, let’s have ” Mingyu joked and Wonwoo slapped him on the arm.

“Shut up” Wonwoo said and Mingyu bowed lightly apologizing “Secondly, why are we even making out?”

“I like you” Mingyu said and Wonwoo chocked on his own saliva.

“Excuse me?”

“I mean, at the beginning I thought you were handsome so I felt physically attracted to you, but after observing you for a few weeks I realized I like you, a lot actually”

“Well, I can’t deny that I am indeed physically attracted to you” Wonwoo said. You’re one piece of hot here, Wonwoo thought but he thought it was better not to say it out loud, just in case.

“Thanks, that means I’m handsome” Mingyu said and Wonwoo laughed.

“And I like your humor now that we finally get to talk” Wonwoo said “It’s strange that we’ve stared at each other and made out but never talked”

“We’re different” Mingyu said as he looked facing the whole backyard of the school. Wonwoo thought how different this boy could be and that made him so curious, and he liked curious.

“I guess we are” Wonwoo said still his eyes fixed on the boy’s face “What are we?”

“People” Mingyu said and Wonwoo chuckled “Oh, you mean our relationship or whatever it is”

“Yeah, that’s what I mean” Wonwoo said.

“Well… we’re not friends with benefits because we’re not friends in the first place… we didn’t even know each other’s names”

“Then we’re just benefits?” Wonwoo joked and Mingyu laughed.

“I guess” he said and looked at Wonwoo “Or maybe we could start all over again, and get to know each other, become friends”

“Would you like that?” Wonwoo asked.

“I’d love that” Mingyu said and Wonwoo blushed “And after we become friends… we’ll see what happens”

“What should happen after we become friends?” Wonwoo asked.

“Why are you the only one asking questions?” Mingyu said smirking.

“Why don’t you answer me?”

“Why don’t you let me ask the questions?”

“Why didn’t you start making questions in the first place?” Wonwoo said.

“Who was the one who wanted to talk?” Mingyu asked.

“Does that mean you didn’t want to talk?”

“Should we end this question battle?” Mingyu said.

“What makes you think that?” Wonwoo narrowed his eyes.

“Why are you so competitive?” Mingyu asked.

“Do you think I’m competitive?” Wonwoo said and Mingyu laughed.

“Ok, enough” Mingyu said “You win” Wonwoo smiled “We should stop before I kiss you again; you look so tempting when you are in the competitive mode”

“You’re a ert” Wonwoo said and stood up.

“Where are you going?” Mingyu asked.

“Do you want us to become friends?” Mingyu nodded “Then you should meet my friends and be friends with them as well”

“Ok” Mingyu stood up as well.

“But don’t do this talking battles or whatever this was with them… they don’t get this” Wonwoo said “They’re more simple than us”

“Oh ok, so they’re just normal”

“I guess we should call it that” Wonwoo shrugged and Mingyu looked at him amused. It was the first time he ever found someone who was as sarcastic and complicated as him and that made him even more excited to become his friend “Oh and don’t send me any of your looks and stuff like that, and don’t even mention anything about what happened at the bathroom, ok? They have no clue about that, we’re innocent teenage boys” Mingyu laughed.

“Ok, I get it” he said “Innocent”

“Yeah, so talk about candy, teddy bears and theme parks” Wonwoo said as they headed towards the cafeteria.

“So this means we’ll stop our special meetings in the bathroom?”

“Pretty much” Wonwoo said and Mingyu pouted, but Wonwoo couldn’t see him since he was a step behind him.

Both of them entered the cafeteria and walked towards Wonwoo’s friends, when the three boys spotted them they looked surprised at Wonwoo.

“Guys, this is Kim Mingyu” Wonwoo said when they reached the table “Mingyu, they are Soonyoung, Jisoo and Jihoon”

“Nice to meet you” Mingyu said and Wonwoo sat on his usual chair “Mind if I sit with you today?”

“No, it’s ok, sit down” they said and Mingyu sat on the opposite chair of Wonwoo’s.

“He’s a new friend, so I thought you’d like to meet him” Wonwoo said and took a bite of his sandwich.

“Oh, we’ve heard about you” Jihoon said.

“Have you? What have you heard?” Mingyu said.

“Not much” he replied and Mingyu nodded.

During the rest of the lunch time they talked and Wonwoo was surprised how good Mingyu was with people. He could talk about anything and all of his friends seemed to like him, which relieved Wonwoo a lot.

After classes, when Wonwoo was keeping some book in his locker he felt Mingyu behind him, pretty close, actually “Step back, you ert”

“There’s nobody now” Mingyu said.

“We’re just friends, keep that in mind” Wonwoo turned around a looked at Mingyu.

“I know” Mingyu sighed and stepped back “I can give you a ride home” he said.

“I have to pick up my sister” Wonwoo said.

“Oh, right, your sister… I forgot” Mingyu said and Wonwoo chuckled “Well, I can walk you till her school; I have my motorbike parked there”

“Alright” Wonwoo said and closed his locker.

The walked out of the school and waved goodbye the three other males. Both of them walked to Hanji’s school and Mingyu waited with until she finished school. She ran to her big brother and he crouched down to hug her.

“Oh, who’s that?” she said when she noticed another boy next to her brother but when she looked a little closer she realized it was the boy who helped her the other day.

“He’s Mingyu, a new friend” Wonwoo said standing up again and looked at Mingyu for a moment.

“Hi, you’re Wonwoo’s sister, right?” Mingyu said crouching down.

“Yes” she nodded “I’m Hanji”

“Nice to meet you, Hanji” Mingyu shook her hand and then he kissed it.

“Hey, what the hell are you doing?” Wonwoo said as he kicked Mingyu on the “Stand up, ert” Mingyu laughed and did what Wonwoo told him.

“I was being a gentleman, that’s all” Mingyu said and Wonwoo glared at him.

“We’re leaving, see you tomorrow” Wonwoo said.

“See you tomorrow” Mingyu said and walked to his motorbike, he wore his helmet and got on it. That , Wonwoo thought and shook his head to make that thought go away. It must feel amazing to ride that motorbike with him, hugging his waist, he thought and he blushed.

“Come on, Hanji” he said and took her hand.

Once they reached home he went straight to his bedroom and as soon as he sat on his bed his phone rang. It was Jisoo.

“Hello?” he answered the phone.

“Wonwoo, what the was that?” Soonyoung’s voice said.

“Wow Jisoo, you’re voice changed a lot” Wonwoo said.

“We’re being serious here, Jeon Wonwoo” Jisoo said.

“Sorry”

“Why are you suddenly friends with that boy which you named as a jerk?” Jihoon asked.

“I just said it once, we just happened to bump into each other and we talked, I realized he was a nice boy and we became friends, that’s all” Wonwoo said.

“You’re lying” Jisoo said.

“What? No, I’m not lying” Wonwoo said “Look, if you don’t like him tell me”

“That’s not the problem, we do like him, he’s an amazing boy, you know that, it’s just strange that you changed your mind that quickly” Soonyoung said.

“I get it” Wonwoo said “I have to go, my sister needs me” he lied.

“Ok, see you tomorrow dude”

“Bye” he hang up and layed on his bed “Good, now I miss him…” he told himself “What the hell is wrong with me?”

Later that night when his mum got home and they were having dinner Hanji had to talk, of course, why just shut up and eat when you can blurt everything out? Seriously, kids can’t lie, Wonwoo thought.

“Mum, Wonwoo’s made a new friend” she said and his mum looked at him surprised.

“Wow, have you? That’s awesome” she said.

“Yeah” he said.

“Is he a nice guy? What’s his name?”

“He’s nice, yeah. And his name’s Kim Mingyu” Wonwoo said.

“Have you seen him, Hanji?” she asked her daughter and the girl nodded “Oh, is he handsome?”

“Yes, he’s so handsome” she said.

“Oh god” Wonwoo said under his breath.

“You have to bring him over, it’s been a long time since your friends came here, you should start bringing friends home” she said.

“No, I’m not bringing any of my friends here again” Wonwoo said.

“But honey, it’s better if you do, you need to do it for your own good” the woman said with sad eyes.

“I don’t care, I don’t want my friends to come here” he said.

“But honey-” she started but Wonwoo stood up.

“No, mum, don’t ‘honey’ me now. I don’t want them to come, ok? And if I don’t want to, they won’t come” he said and picked up his plate of food “I’m not hungry, I’ll leave this in the fridge for tomorrow” he said and headed to his room after leaving the food in the fridge.