A year

Nameless

Today, a year since Doyoon and his dad died. And he missed them more than ever. Wonwoo got out of bed at 10am. He picked up the picture of him and Doyoon that he had on his bedside table.

“You stupid bastard… why did you have to get in the way?” Wonwoo’s eyes filled with tears “We were going to have a great life together, you know that? You were my first love, and I was yours, and you got in the way, what for? For saving me? You didn’t have to get out of my room, you could’ve stayed inside, right here, if you had we would be together right now, after a sleep over. But instead you’re buried in a graveyard next to my dad with a bullet through your heart”

Hanji knocked and opened the door. Wonwoo quickly left the picture on his place and turned around to greet his sister.

“Morning” he said trying to sound as happy as possible.

“Can I stay here today?” she asked Wonwoo as she approached him with tears in her eyes.

“I don’t think so” he said picking her up and letting her cry on his shoulder. He cried too “We shouldn’t cry, dad would kill us if he saw us”

“I don’t care, I’m sad so I’m going to cry” Wonwoo kissed the top of her head.

“Ok”

 

Mingyu woke up at around 11pm. He had breakfast and got dressed. At 1.30pm he was ready and took his motorbike. He drove to the closest florist.

“Hi” he said and approached the shop assistant “I need flowers for the graveyard”

“Oh, I’m sorry” the shop assistant said “We have quite a lot to choose from”

“Alright” he said and followed the man.

“These ones are the cheapest ones, but they still look beautiful”

“What about these ones?” Mingyu pointed at the prettiest ones he saw.

“Oh, those are the most expensive ones. That’s the Rose, Lily and Anthirium bouquet, it’s beautiful and really meaningful”

“Ok, I’ll take two of those” he said.

“Alright” the man arranged two of those bouquets, Mingyu paid and he headed to the graveyard. On the way he grabbed a Subway because it was lunch time and he was starving.

Once he got there it was already 2.15pm. He entered the graveyard with both bouquets. He started looking for Wonwoo’s dad and Doyoon’s stones. It was a pretty big yet beautiful graveyard, so it would take him a while to find them.

After about an hour he found them. They were right next to each other. He left each bouquet next to each stone. Then he sat down in front of Wonwoo’s dad’s stone.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Jeon” Mingyu said “I’m Kim Mingyu, I’m Wonwoo’s boyfriend. He misses you so much, and I wish I could have met you in person, you seemed like the best dad in the world, no wonder why Wonwoo’s such a perfect guy. I truly love him, but I did something wrong and I hope he forgives me soon. I wish I’d been better to him, he deserves it. Hanji and your wife are great, they such beautiful women, you were so lucky, your family is amazing, I’m glad I got to meet them, they’ll come by in no time, I’m pretty sure you can’t wait to see them”

He stayed there for a few minutes and he felt a tear down his cheek. “It was nice meeting you” He moved to Doyoon’s stone.

“Hey, Doyoon” Mingyu said “I feel like I know you already, but I don’t. I saw you a few times on school and I was surprised to hear you died, but I didn’t really care because I was a stupid . But now I think you would’ve been an amazing friend to anyone. Wonwoo never stops talking about you and to be honest I’m pretty jealous of you, you’re so hard to beat man” He laughed and thought of what to say next, waiting a few minutes to think properly “I really hope I could be like you some day, you truly are a role model, as Wonwoo once told me. He admires you, and he loves you, and I’m pretty sure you loved him as well, because you literally died for him, that was very brave of you, and I know I shouldn’t say this but I have to thank you for saving Wonwoo’s life. He’s the best that’s ever happened to me, but still there hasn’t been a day that I haven’t wished you were still alive, because Wonwoo would be so much happier. I messed up, man, I regret it so much, but I can’t beg for forgiveness, I deserve his anger, I was so stupid. I know you wouldn’t have done this to him, you never would. But I did and I feel like the biggest right now, that’s why I know he would be happier with you. You didn’t deserve this, Wonwoo needs you, I don’t know how to make him happy and I need to know how, I need you to come back and make him happy” Mingyu said crying “Please…”

“You know how” a voice said behind him. Mingyu turned around to find Wonwoo wearing his suit, looking stunning, with tears down his cheeks. The only words he said to Mingyu in quite a long time.

“Wonwoo” Mingyu said standing up “I thought you were coming later”

“We decided to come a bit earlier” he said, tears still going down his cheeks “I need you, Mingyu, I need you today” Mingyu hugged him at the same time he broke down into tears “I can’t do it without you” he said between sobs “I need you”

“I’m here” Mingyu said hugging him even tighter “I’m here” he was crying as well, seeing Wonwoo this sad was killing him but he had to be strong for him.

“I can’t lose you too” Wonwoo said “I can’t…”

“You won’t” Mingyu said and kissed the top of the elder’s head.

After a few minutes Wonwoo calmed down a bit, Mingyu had his arm around him and Wonwoo didn’t leave Mingyu’s side, only when his other friends came, to greet them.

When Soonyoung, Jihoon and Jisoo came Wonwoo spent some time with them and Hanji went to Mingyu. He crouched down and hugged her.

“How are you feeling?” he asked her.

“I’ve had better days” she said and Mingyu cleaned her face and chuckled.

“I can imagine” he said and kissed her cheek “You look beautiful”

“Thanks” she said “I’m happy you and Wonwoo are good again, I missed you and he missed you too, he was feeling so sad this past week, it was like he never met you and he was still sad about dad and Doyoon”

“I don’t know how he’ll feel after today, Hanji”

“I’m sure he’ll be fine as long as you’re with him” she said.

“Alright, I’ll believe you” he said and smiled at her.

“You’re really handsome, did you know that?” she asked and Mingyu laughed.

“I didn’t, thanks for telling me”

“I’m pretty sure you already knew, you just have to look in a mirror” she said smiling. Mingyu looked over at Wonwoo who was with his friends, near Doyoon’s stone talking to him. Hanji caressed his cheek, then he looked at her and smiled.

A few minutes later Hanji, Wonwoo and their mum went to talk to Mr. Jeon, and Mingyu approached Jisoo, Jihoon and Soonyoung.

“Thanks for coming Mingyu” Jisoo told him.

“I had to, I couldn’t stay at home knowing what day it was today” he said and they thanked him once again.

Some time passed and more people came, Doyoon’s parents came and Wonwoo apologized to them once again, they hugged him and kissed him, telling him it wasn’t his fault. Finally Wonwoo broke down for real, he couldn’t stop crying.

“I don’t want to be here, I want to leave, please” he told Mingyu desperate, crying.

“Ok, we’ll leave” Mingyu said.

“Go, Mingyu, take him to your place if you can, he won’t want to be at home right know” Wonwoo’s mum told him.

“Alright, he can stay for the night if you don’t mind”

“That’d be great, thank you for coming, and for the flowers, they are beautiful”

“You’re welcome” Mingyu said and kissed her on the cheek “Let’s go” he told Wonwoo.

They went outside the graveyard, and walked towards Mingyu’s motorbike. When they reached the motorbike Wonwoo had already calmed down. Mingyu stood in front of him and took his face on his hands.

“Feeling any better?” he asked Wonwoo.

“Much better” he said and smiled lightly “Thank you”

“I’m sorry, I’ve been a jerk”

“You call what you just did for me being a jerk? Please be a jerk more often” he said and Mingyu laughed.

“You know what I’m talking about”

“Alright… I’m still angry at you about that, I’m trying to forgive you, but I need time to do that, however, that doesn’t mean I have to ignore you. I don’t know if you noticed I was pretty miserable when I was doing that”

“Yeah well, I was feeling the same way so yeah” Mingyu said “Take all the time you need, I understand that you are angry”

“Thanks” Wonwoo said and smiled at Mingyu. 

 

 

 

Short but intense update. I'm working on the next chapter, surely I'll update next week :D 

Ok, now can we talk about the perfection it is Seventeen's debut? LIKE HELLO WHAT IS A BIAS LIST IDK I DON'T HAVE ONE BECAUSE 13 LITTLE ERS WRECKED IT ok bye