Accident

Nameless

 

On Wednesday of that same week Junghan was still in bed, Jisoo had gone to visit him again that same afternoon, but only for a short while, since he had to help his mum doing some stuff, but a little visit always helped Junghan.

Wonwoo, on the other hand, was already home from school. He felt something was wrong, but maybe that was just his weird scared side. He always felt like that every once in a while, and when that happened to him he called Mingyu. Talking to the boy always made him feel much better, renewed.

So he picked up his phone and dialed Mingyu’s number, but the younger didn’t pick up. Maybe he’s busy, Wonwoo thought. So he did his homework and showered. It was strange that Mingyu hadn’t called him after he saw his missed call so he tried to call him again, but no one picked up. He called his home phone and still he didn’t pick up.

Wonwoo was starting to worry, maybe his weird sense was right for once. Mingyu didn’t reply by any means. He called his friends asking whether they’ve seen him or talked to him and none of them did. All of them tried contacting Mingyu but there was no such luck.

After a while Wonwoo’s phone rang but it was an unknown number. Still he picked up.

“Hello?” he said.

“Hi Wonwoo, I’m Mingyu’s mum” she said.

“Oh, hi” Wonwoo said surprised “Is there something wrong? I’ve tried to call Mingyu a thousand times and he hasn’t picked up”

“Yeah, I know… that’s because he’s in hospital at the moment” she said sweetly.

“What? Why? What happened?” Wonwoo said and he felt his legs get weak, so he decided to sit down.

“When he was coming home on his motorbike a car skipped the red light and he got hit” she said “That’s what the witnesses have said”

“What about him? Is he okay?” Wonwoo said already having tears falling from his eyes.

“He’s still unconscious but he’s stable” she said worried.

“Oh my god” Wonwoo said covering his face with his free hand “I can’t believe this”

“Don’t worry, honey, he’ll be fine, he’s strong” she said.

“I know but… still… I…” he said and he sobbed “What if instead of a car it was a truck that hit him?”

“But it wasn’t, dear, don’t worry, he’ll be ok” she tried to calm him.

“Can I go see him?” he asked.

“I doubt they’ll let you in, he’s in ICU at the moment, and only close relatives can see him, but you can try” she said.

“H-he’s in ICU… oh god…” he said still not believing the news “I doubt I’ll be able to see him…”

“Don’t worry dear, as soon as he wakes up I’ll let you know, ok? And I’m sure he’ll want to call you as well. And I’ll tell you when you can come see him as soon as possible” she said sweetly.

“Thank you” he said.

“I’ll let him know you called, alright?”

“Ok, thanks” Wonwoo nodded even though she couldn’t see him.

“See you, dear”

“Bye” he said and hung up. He curled up in ball in his bed and cried. What if he had lost Mingyu as well?

The next day Wonwoo told his friends what happened with Mingyu. All of them were shocked at the news. And Wonwoo was not talking that much, because he still hadn’t gotten a call from Mingyu’s mum telling him he was conscious.

“Don’t worry, Wonwoo” Soonyoung said putting an arm around his shoulder “I’m pretty sure they’re tired and she’s forgotten”

“B-but I need to know” he said, crying again “I can’t lose him too”

“Oh come on, you’re not going to lose him, he’ll be ok” Soonyoung said and he hugged Wonwoo, letting him cry on his shoulder.

“I haven’t even seen him yet” Wonwoo said.

“You’ll see him soon, don’t worry” Soonyoung tried to calm him down. The he pulled Wonwoo away a bit and held his face with his hands “Stop crying, ok? That won’t help. He’s going to be perfectly fine, he’s young, it’s not like he’s 100 years old”

“Yeah…” Wonwoo said and Soonyoung nodded smiling at him “Thanks”

“Come on, Wonwoo, let’s talk about something else” Jihoon said trying to change the subject.

 

Mingyu’s mum was sitting in the waiting room, she had just got there from changing clothes at home, she was on her fifth coffee. She hadn’t slept. Then the doctor came out of the ICU and she looked at her.

“Mrs. Kim?” she asked and she stood up “Your son’s awake” She smiled.

“Can I go see him?” she asked.

“Of course” she said and Mingyu’s mum followed the doctor inside.

She guided her to Mingyu’s bed and she saw his son, Mingyu, talking to the nurse, who was asking him a few questions. He was weak, though. He saw his mum and he smiled.

“Mingyu, honey” she exclaimed and run to him.

“Hi mum” he said as his mother hugged him.

“How are you feeling?” she asked him.

“I’ve had better days” he joked and she kissed his cheek.

“Mum please, I’m not 5” he said and the nurse laughed.

“I’ll come in a minute” the nurse said and left.

“Where’s Wonwoo? Did you tell him what happened?” Mingyu asked.

“You’ve got a dad, you know” she said.

“I know, but I assume he knows I’m here” he said and his mum chuckled.

“Wonwoo knows you’re here, I called him. He’s really worried about you, poor kid”

“Tell him to come, I need to see him” he said.

“Honey, he can’t see you until you’re out of ICU, only close relatives can come in” she explained.

“But I need to see him” he said, his eyes filling with tears.

“I know honey… and I’m sure he needs to see you too” she said caressing her son’s hair.

“Call him now, I need to talk to him” he said and she nodded.

“Alright” she said “But won’t he be in class?” Mingyu glanced at the clock hanging from the wall.

“Nah, it’s lunch time now” he said and his mum gave him her phone. He dialed Wonwoo’s number, which he knew by heart.

 

Wonwoo saw his phone ringing on the table and it was Mingyu’s mum. He quickly picked up, startling his friends.

“Hello?” he said “Is he awake?”

“I am” Mingyu replied and Wonwoo’s eyes filled with tears when he heard his voice.

“Mingyu!” he exclaimed and his friends looked at him surprised.

“Hi” Mingyu said and he laughed, but he was crying at the same time “How are you?”

“I should be the one asking that” Wonwoo laughed.

“I’m fine, I woke up a few minutes ago, nurses say so far everything’s fine, although my arm his broken, a sprained ankle, but nothing else. They still have to check my head, but I think it’s fine because I still love you”

“Oh my god shut up, that was so cheesy I almost vomited” Wonwoo said and Mingyu laughed.

“Aw, and I think my ribs are cracked or something, I can’t laugh” Mingyu moaned.

“I miss you” Wonwoo said.

“Me too, I need to see you” Mingyu said “It’s so unfair you can’t see me while I’m here, although the nurse told me if everything was fine they were moving me to floor today”

“I hope everything’s fine” Wonwoo said.

“Me too” Mingyu yawned.

“Get some rest, ok?” Wonwoo said and Mingyu nodded.

“Ok, I’ll see you later”

“Alright, love you”

“Love you too” Mingyu said and hung up. He gave his mum her phone.

“You’re so sweet” his mum said smiling.

Mingyu was there for about two hours, waiting for tests results and eating something, because he was starving. Then the doctor came, smiling.

“Good news, Mingyu” she said when she approached him “You’re ready to go to your own room, where you’ll be able to see your boyfriend”

“Oh, thank god” he sighed “it’s really boring in here”

“I know” she said and laughed “Your head is in perfect conditions, all thanks to that precious helmet which you’ll have to replace by the way, a cracked rib but that’ll heal in a quick week, a sprained ankle, and the most serious one is your left arm, but still, you’ll have to stay in hospital until your rib is completely healed and until you get your immune system back in the game, alright?”

“Alright, now take me to my room, please” he smiled.

“Right away” she smiled and left.

As soon as he was in his own room with his laptop and phone fully charged his mum brought him from home he texted Wonwoo he could finally see him, which made the other boy extremely happy.

As soon as Wonwoo saw the message when he got home he jumped of happiness and waited for his mum to come home. As soon as she did Wonwoo took his phone, his wallet and keys and headed to the bus stop to take the bus to the hospital. He got there in 30 minutes.

As soon as he got to the hospital he went to Mingyu’s floor and he reached his bedroom door. He knocked and Mingyu’s mum opened the door, greeting him with a small hug.

“Thanks for coming, Wonwoo” she said and Wonwoo smiled at her. She let him in. Wonwoo smiled when he saw Mingyu watching something on his laptop.

“Hi” Wonwoo said approaching him.

“Hi” Mingyu said and he smiled brightly “Aren’t you going to kiss me?” Wonwoo laughed and kissed Mingyu.

“How are you feeling?” he asked the younger as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Much better” Mingyu said “I love you, Wonwoo” he said and looked at his mum signaling her to leave, so she got out of the room, to leave them some privacy.

“I love you too” Wonwoo said.

“I haven’t told my mum this, but when the car hit me the last thing I saw before I went unconscious was your face” Mingyu said and Wonwoo smiled and a tear fell “Don’t cry, please”

“I’m fine, I’m just happy to see you” Wonwoo said.

“You’re precious” Mingyu laughed and kissed him again.

“You broke your left arm… and you’re left handed” Wonwoo noticed.

“It’s ok, it’s not like I haven’t broken it before, it’ll be fine” he said and Wonwoo shook his head.

“Do you want to know what my sister told me when we got home the other day?” Wonwoo asked him and Mingyu nodded “He told me she wants us to get married”

“She’s so cute” Mingyu laughed “But it’s a pretty good idea”

“Mingyu, we’re too young” Wonwoo glared at him.

“I know, I’m not saying we have to do it now” he said and Wonwoo kissed him.

“I know” he kissed Mingyu again.

“I love you” Mingyu whispered and Wonwoo smiled.

 

~~~~

 

“He’s fine, he’s healing quickly” Wonwoo told his friends the next day, who asked him about Mingyu “The doctor said he’s really healthy so that’ll speed up the healing process, so he says in three weeks or less he’ll be good as new”

“Thank god” Jihoon said sighing.

“Yeah, we were worried it was more serious” Jisoo said and Junghan nodded, who finally came to school.

“Can we go see him?” Soonyoung asked.

“Sure, we can go together after school” Wonwoo said “I’m going anyways”

“Great” Junghan said.

“By the way, how are you feeling Junghan?” Wonwoo asked him.

“Much better, the past few days I’ve felt like , to be honest, but today I’m feeling much better” he said and Jisoo fixed his long bangs that covered his beautiful face.

“You look better” Jisoo told him.

“Thanks” Junghan smiled at him.

“I wonder why Junghan feels so good” Soonyoung whispered to Wonwoo, both of them giggled.

The three boys looked at Jisoo and Junghan for a few seconds, they were talking to each other, sitting very closely and laughing about stuff, they looked completely in love.

“I don’t think they know but they’re already going out” Jihoon said grinning to his other two friends who were still looking at the couple.

“I know” Soonyoung said and giggled “Oh god, what have they turned me into? Focus Soonyoung!”

Soon it was time for them to go to class again and Wonwoo and Junghan had History together.

“Junghan, are you coming?” Wonwoo asked the boy as he stood up with his bag hanging from his shoulder.

“Yes” he said smiling at him then he turned to Jisoo “See you at Physics”

“See you” Jisoo said moving away a bit to leave Junghan space to stand up.

“See you later guys” he told Soonyoung and Jihoon.

“Bye” they said and Wonwoo waved at them.

Wonwoo and Junghan left the cafeteria.

“Wonwoo, can I ask you something?” Junghan asked.

“Sure” he said knowing what Junghan was going to ask him.

“Has Jisoo told you anything about… me?” he said not very sure he should be asking that.

“What do you mean?” Wonwoo faked he didn’t know what he was talking about.

“I don’t know, does he talk about me when I’m not there?”

“I guess, we all do I think” Wonwoo lied a bit, they did talk about him, but because Jisoo was almost always the one to bring up the topic.

“You do?” he asked surprised.

“Yeah, I mean, you’ve changed us quite a bit, we weren’t that close before you came and since you’re with us we’ve become even better friends I think, and we really thank you for that, we’re happier than ever” Wonwoo said “There was something missing between us since Doyoon died and well I guess you kind of fixed it”

“Wow, that’s… wow” he said “I didn’t expect that at all” he said and kept quiet for a while. When he didn’t talk Wonwoo looked at him with a questioning look and he realized the boy was crying

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked stopping them both and standing in front of Junghan.

“Nothing, I’m just so happy that I helped you like that… I’m really happy” he said and Wonwoo hugged him.

“Then don’t cry, if you’re happy you should smile” he said and Junghan hugged him back.

“Ok” he said as they pulled away, he wiped his cheeks with the back of his hands and smiled.

“You’re so precious” Wonwoo laughed.

They got to class and sat down.

“By the way, why did you ask about Jisoo earlier?” Wonwoo asked him and Junghan blushed.

“Because well… we’ve gotten really close lately, I think he’s my best friend here and… I developed a small crush on him” he said looking down at his hands.

“Small?” Wonwoo chuckled.

“You noticed?” he asked surprised.

“I’m surprised Jisoo hasn’t noticed to be honest, he thinks you’re just teasing him” Wonwoo said grinning. 

“Oh god, that’s so embarrassing” he covered his face “What do I do?”

“I don’t know, man” Wonwoo said leaning back on his chair “Whatever your heart tells you”

“My heart tells me to kiss him every time I look at him” Junghan said uncovering his face.

“Then do it” Wonwoo shrugged “What wrong could it do?”

“He could hate me forever, he could reject me and I would die” he said.

“Come on, don’t be such a drama queen, you know Jisoo is not like that. He’s a gentleman, the worst that could happen is him telling you really nicely he’s not interested and still being your friend” Wonwoo said and Junghan looked at him terrified.

“That’s even worse, I’d be stuck in the friend zone for all my life” Junghan said.

The History teacher came in and the class began, leaving Junghan with his thoughts.

 

It was time for Physics. Jisoo entered the classroom and he noticed Junghan wasn’t there yet. He’d been looking forward to this class all day, he wanted to be in class with Junghan.

Am I the only one who keeps thinking about what happened at his place? Jisoo thought, if only my mum hadn’t called.

Junghan walked towards the Physics class, he saw Jisoo was already sitting there with his eyes glued to the book. Junghan stayed outside for a few seconds to compose himself. He breathed in and out a few times and slapped his cheeks lightly to keep himself focused.

Control yourself, Junghan, he’s just your friend, he told himself. He entered the classroom and as he approached their shared table his knees felt weak but he kept walking. He sat down next to Jisoo making the boy look up from his book to look at him.

“Interesting?” Junghan asked him pointing the book.

“Not really” Jisoo said. Junghan took Jisoo’s hand, a habit he had got used to doing. “How was History?”

“Pretty boring to be honest, but at least the teacher played a movie to make it a bit more interesting, although half of the class fell asleep”

“Did you?” Jisoo asked smirking.

“Of course not, I’m a really nice student” Junghan said proudly.

“Sure” Jisoo “If you say so”

“I can’t believe this coming from you” Junghan faked being offended and both of them laughed. Jisoo, then, rested his head on his hand, looking at Junghan smiling “What?” he asked when he noticed Jisoo looking at him like that.

“You look really good today” Jisoo said and Junghan blushed.

“That’s because you’ve been seeing me sick in bed” Junghan said.

“No, it’s not that” Jisoo said and with his other hand he arranged Junghan’s bangs, which covered part of his face, making Junghan blush even more. Jisoo admired Junghan, looking at him, every little corner of his face, his eyes, his nose, his mouth, his cheeks, as the other took out his books and pens. He then noticed Junghan’s hand, which he held many times now, and they were slim and beautiful “You’re beautiful” Jisoo whispered and Junghan looked at him, and it looked like he hadn’t heard him.

“Come again?” he asked and Jisoo shook his head.

“It’s nothing” he said, he sat with his back against his chair.

The Physics teacher came in and she asked Jisoo to go to her table for a second. When Jisoo left his side, Junghan breathed out.

“Did he just call me beautiful? Oh my god” he told himself quietly and he bit his bottom lip, trying not to cry of happiness. He observed Jisoo from his seat “Did he actually look in a mirror? He’s stunning” he said to himself again. He looked crazy, talking to himself.

Jisoo turned around and walked to his seat again. Making eye contact with Junghan the whole way.

“What’d she say?” he asked Jisoo when he was near enough to hear him without having to shout.

“She asked me to help you in Physics” he said raising an eyebrow.

“Aw, that’s so bad, I guess we’ll have to meet again” Junghan said smirking.

“Junghan, you almost failed your last exam” Jisoo said seriously.

“I know, but that’s because I don’t get a think, in my last school I passed physics just fine, but here’s a bit different” he said and Jisoo nodded.

“I know, that’s why she asked me to help you catch up, since we’re close and stuff” he said and Junghan smirked.

“What does that ‘stuff’ refer to?” Junghan asked, but Jisoo only smiled and looked to the board, where the teacher was starting to make some notes.

 

It was time for them to go to the hospital to visit Mingyu. The all took the bus there. During the whole ride they talked and laughed.

They went into the hospital and Wonwoo guided them. They reached Mingyu’s room and he was alone, his parents were probably working, but Mingyu looked so much better than the day before, he looked rested and fed. He smiled when he saw his friends coming in.

“Heey” he said happily. All of them hugged him carefully and Wonwoo kissed him.

“How are you feeling?” Wonwoo asked him taking his face between his hands.

“I’m fine, stop worrying” Mingyu said putting an arm around Wonwoo’s waist and kissing his cheek.

“Are you supposed to be sitting up already? Your ribs are cracked, aren’t they?” Jisoo asked him.

“Yeah, but only one of them, they said I could sit up, but no standing up, because my leg has to heal” Mingyu explained.

Wonwoo sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.

There was a sofa and their friends sat there, but since not all of them fitted there Jihoon sat on Soonyoung’s lap.

The explained Mingyu about stuff that happened in school, keeping him company because he’s been quite lonely there. Then Jisoo’s phone started ringing.

“Sorry, it’s my mum” he said standing up from the sofa and going outside to not bother his friends. A few seconds later he came in and saw that Jihoon had sat on his space and he glared at him.

Junghan noticed Jisoo’s lock screen on his phone and smiled. He stretched out his hand and grabbed Jisoo’s, pulling him to make him sit on his lap, Jisoo didn’t refuse to do so, so he sat down feeling Junghan’s arms wrap around his waist.

“I like your lock screen picture” he whispered to Jisoo making the boy blush and smile. A few minutes later he felt Junghan sliding his hands to his legs and hips, drawing some patterns with his hands unconsciously, making Jisoo really nervous.

They stayed with Mingyu for quite a long time, until all of them had to leave, because responsibilities. Still, Wonwoo stayed, to keep Mingyu company until his dad came. Their friends said goodbye to them and left.

“Ok, fill me up with the Junghan-Jisoo thing” Mingyu said as soon as the door closed making Wonwoo laugh.

“Alright” he said taking his hand and kissing Mingyu.

“Wait” he said and he held his right hand “Kiss me again, first” Wonwoo did as told and this time he made the kiss a bit longer.

“Happy?”

“God, I missed you so much today” Mingyu said looking at Wonwoo “I love you”

“I love you too” Wonwoo whispered and kissed Mingyu again.

“Now, tell me”

“Ok” Wonwoo said excited and he sat more comfortably on the edge of the bed, facing Mingyu and holding his hand.

“Ok this excitement means something happened” Mingyu said excited as well.

“Yes, so well, you know Junghan didn’t come to school the other day because he was sick, so Jisoo went to visit him and they spent there the entire afternoon and suddenly a few days later Junghan is feeling so much better, since he came to school and during lunch time they kept talking to each other and Junghan didn’t let go of Jisoo’s hand the whole time. When I asked him if he was feeling well he told me he was a then Jisoo fixed Junghan’s hair looking at him like he was about to kiss him”

“And did he kiss him?”

“No, he didn’t, because he’s stupid. Then when it was time to go to class me and Junghan go to class and he tells me he has a crush on Jisoo and that he always wants to kiss him and he clearly loves him too much, but he’s afraid Jisoo will reject him”

“Did you tell him Jisoo likes him back?” Mingyu asked.

“No” Wonwoo shook his head “They have to figure that out themselves, I’m not going to interfere in their relationship, but I don’t think any of them are making the next move”

“But when they were here, Jisoo was sitting on his lap” Mingyu said curiously.

“Yeah, but it’s not like they haven’t done that before, for sure” Wonwoo said bringing his hand to his chin “I don’t know what’s their deal… they obviously know that they like each other, why don’t they just say it?”

“Watson, I need you to investigate this case” Mingyu said.

“Why are you Sherlock?” Wonwoo asked.

“Because I’m clearly the brain here” he said and Wonwoo glared at him.

“Says the one who’s been receiving private lessons from me” Wonwoo said and Mingyu laughed.

“I love you” Mingyu sighed and he caressed Wonwoo’s thigh “Since when are you this beautiful?”

“Did they drug you?” Wonwoo asked laughing and looked at the bags that contained the stuff they were injecting Mingyu.

“They just gave me some painkillers, those don’t drug me” Mingyu said “Look at me” Wonwoo did.

“What?” he asked and Mingyu smiled.

“I just wanted to see your face” he said.

“Oh god, stop being so cheesy” Wonwoo blushed “You’re making me blush”

“It’s just that thanks to the accident I realized how lucky I am to have you” Mingyu said “In the future I’m going to marry you, for sure… you’ll be my husband forever and ever, we’ll have a dog and we’ll adopt children, we’ll have a beautiful house, I’ll kiss you every day so many times that you’ll have to push me away because I’ll never get enough of you, Wonwoo”

“I’m never pushing you away” Wonwoo said with tears in his eyes.

“I hope so” Mingyu said “Don’t cry”

“I can’t help it, I’m really happy” Wonwoo said and Mingyu laughed “I love you, and I’m going to marry you too”