Job

Nameless

“Baby, I’ve got great news” Mingyu said as he sat down at the cafeteria table, as usual.

“Shoot” Wonwoo said while chewing his delicious food.

“I just got a call from the cinema I applied to work at and they told me I got the job” Mingyu said.

“Oh my god, I’m so happy for you” Wonwoo said “I would get up and kiss you if it wasn’t for this delicious sandwich”

“Aw, that’s so sweet of you” Mingyu said and Wonwoo blew him a kiss.

“Ugh, guys, stop being so gross, we’re eating” Jisoo said and their friends laughed.

The truth is that Mingyu doesn’t really need a job but he wanted to get one to show Wonwoo he was capable to work and earn his own money. Were did he get this idea from? Well, I think this that you’re about to read tells it all:

The couple decided to meet as always on Saturday, but this time they decided to go out and eat some ice cream or something. Mingyu asked Wonwoo about the things he used to do with Doyoon and about their friendship, and this is what Wonwoo told him:

“We would always meet at home because we didn’t really want to spend that much money. We aren’t that rich, you know? So yeah. Actually, now that I think of it we could meet any week day but Doyoon had a job at a café, so we couldn’t meet after class. He was a role model, to be honest, that’s why I admired him so much. Everybody loved him and he was so responsible and hard-working”

“Oh, so he had a job” Mingyu said.

“Yes, he would say he wanted to help at home and also he wanted to save some money to buy his own stuff”

“That’s nice, yeah”

“I know… he was really sweet and generous. But he was too perfectionist sometimes, it would drive me crazy, but yeah I could handle that”

And after that day Wonwoo would tell Mingyu everything Doyoon and he did together. Whenever they did something he would tell how he and Doyoon did it and some anecdotes of some day, or maybe he would just tell random things that happened to both of them, and to be honest Mingyu was getting a bit jealous of that amazing and perfect friendship they had.

--

Mingyu was now working at that cinema, the people working there were all nice and young and there was this one particular boy that stood out: Seungcheol. He was a couple of years older than him and he always helped Mingyu with anything he needed.

“Hey Mingyu, how was school?” he would say when he saw Mingyu coming in the cinema.

“It was good” he would answer with a smile.

Some days the cinema would be quite empty and they could chill out for a while in the staff room, and that day was one of those days. They were sitting on the small couch in the staff room, knowing each other, as usual.

“So tell me, you must have tons of girls around you” Seungcheol teased Mingyu.

“Oh no, I don’t” Mingyu said and Seungcheol laughed.

“I can’t believe it, at least tell me you’ve got a girlfriend”

“Actually I don’t” Mingyu said and Seungcheol raised his eyebrows. Then the manager knocked the door.

“Mingyu, someone’s looking for you”

“Who is it?” Mingyu asked and both males stood up.

“It’s a boy around your age” she said and Mingyu smiled.

Seungcheol and Mingyu headed to the entrance of the cinema were Wonwoo was waiting for Mingyu.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Mingyu asked him as soon as he was close enough to hug him.

“I wanted to see you in your uniform, you look y, you know?” Wonwoo whispered and Mingyu chuckled.

“I know” Mingyu said “Hey, Seungcheol” he called his work mate and the boy approached the couple.

“Hello, I’m Wonwoo, Mingyu’s-” Wonwoo said stretching out his hand.

“Friend” Mingyu cut him out and Wonwoo looked at him.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Seungcheol” he said smiling and they shook hands.

“Oh, so you’re Seungcheol, Mingyu won’t stop talking about you” Wonwoo said and glared at Mingyu and the boy looked away from his boyfriend, afraid of him.

“Oh, really?” Seungcheol laughed, completely unaware of the situation in front of him.

“Yeah, well, I’ve got to go, I was just passing by, I have to do some stuff” Wonwoo said.

“Oh, sure, nice to meet you, Wonwoo”

“You too, Seungcheol” Wonwoo said and glared at Mingyu one last time “See you tomorrow, Kim Mingyu”

. That’s the first thing that came to Mingyu’s mind when Wonwoo said that. And once the boy left Mingyu repeated the word out loud.

“” he said and Seungcheol looked at him.

“Did you say something?” he asked.

“No, I didn’t” he lied.

“He’s so nice; no wonder why you’re his friend”

“Yeah, so nice” Mingyu said not really paying attention. So nice when he’s angry.

“We could hang out someday, all of us and some of my friends and your friends as well” he said happily.

“Yeah, sure” Mingyu said as he repeated in his mind that word.

 

Wonwoo was now at home and someone knocked at the front door. He was home alone so he went to open the door. When he did it he wanted to close it again.

“Wonwoo, wait” Mingyu said stopping the door from closing.

“Oh, now I’m your boyfriend, I thought I was your friend” Wonwoo said and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Sorry, I panicked”

“Why did you panic? It’s ok to have a boyfriend even though you’re a guy” he said.

“I know, baby, but I didn’t tell him that I’m gay and he’d be surprised I want to tell him and…”

“I don’t care, we’re supposed to be together you know, but well, I guess you can’t tell people freely that we’re a couple. Are you ashamed of it?” Wonwoo said.

“Can I come in? Please?” Mingyu said.

“No, you can’t” Wonwoo said “And tomorrow don’t wait for me in the morning”

“Wonwoo, please, don’t do that…” Mingyu said.

“Oh, so you can tell people we’re just friends, but I can’t tell you to go to school by yourself, that’s nice”

“I’m sorry, please understand me”

“I can’t understand you” Wonwoo said.

“Come on, Wonwoo, you know I love you”

“Are you sure? Because it didn’t seem so when you told that guy we’re friends”

“Are we not friends?” Mingyu said.

“We’re friends, but we’re more than friends or you kiss and make love with all of your friends?”

“No, of course not, oh please Wonwoo don’t be stupid” Mingyu said “You know it’s hard to tell people we’re gay, you should understand me more than anyone”

“Do you like him? That work mate of yours?”

“He’s just my friend”

“Oh sure…” Wonwoo chuckled “The same kind of friends you are with me?”

“Are you jealous?”

“Oh so you are”

“Of course not” Mingyu said “But, are you?”

Wonwoo didn’t answer and went to the living room, leaving the door open so Mingyu could go in and close the door. He did, of course and he found Wonwoo sitting on the sofa with his arms crossed again. Mingyu went to sit next to him.

“Not here” Wonwoo said and Mingyu sat on the armchair next to the sofa.

“So you’re jealous” Mingyu assumed.

“I’m not” Wonwoo said and Mingyu laughed “Do you think this is funny?”

“No, but you look so cute when you’re frowning” he said and Wonwoo tried to hide a smile “Why are you jealous?” Mingyu asked because he knew Wonwoo tried to a hide a smile, and that meant his heart was softening again.

“You’re always talking about him, ALWAYS”

“Oh, and you don’t talk about someone every second?”

“Doyoon’s dead, it’s different” Wonwoo said and Mingyu sighed.

“But it makes me feel stupid and useless”

“Oh god, did you actually get a job to show me that you’re able to work as well?” Wonwoo asked him and looking at him with wide eyes, Mingyu looked down instead “You did, that is amazing” he said without hiding the amusement in his face.

“You’re always talking of how amazing he was and how wonderful and perfect he was and…”

“You should’ve told me” Wonwoo said.

“Yeah, great idea, so you could get offended and tell me that I’m an insensitive jerk”

“I wouldn’t have told you that”

“It’s you we’re talking about, baby”

“Don’t call me baby when I’m angry” Wonwoo said.

“Why? Because you’ll go cheesy?”

“No, because I’m angry” Wonwoo said “Ok, now we’re done talking about the Doyoon thing, now, why the hell did you tell that boy we were just friends?”

“Because I panicked, that’s it” Mingyu.

“Give me reasons for me to believe that”

“What can I say? Don’t you trust me?”

“I do, but apparently you don’t trust me”

“I do trust you, oh god” Mingyu brought his hands to his face and sighed.

“Leave, please”

“We’re not done talking” Mingyu said looking at him.

“I’m tired, we’ll talk when you can give me reasons”

 

 

 

Merry Christmas my beloved readers! I hope you liked this chapter, I wrote it pretty quickly so I think it needs a bit of editing, but yeah, I guess it's acceptable lol Comment to tell me what you thought of it ^^

Also, if you'd like more updates about my fanfic like knowing when i'm uploading or knowing how much i've written follow me on twitter and tumblr:

twitter

tumblr