Confession

Nameless

“Wonwoo, please don’t do this go wrong…” Mingyu sighed.

“Me? Excuse me, but it’s you the one who said I was just a friend”

“You’re exaggerating, it’s nothing important, ok? I just can tell him tomorrow you’re my boyfriend and it’ll be fixed. If you want I can call him right now”

“You already have his phone number? When did you start working there? A week ago?” Wonwoo said “That’s just amazing. Now, will you please leave?”

“No, I won’t until you’re happy”

“Then I’m going to my room, I guess you’ll stay here for about a week or so” Wonwoo stood up and started walking to the stairs.

“Please, Wonwoo, just understand me, ok?”

“Leave”

Mingyu sighed and he gave up. He left without arguing this time and Wonwoo sighed. Then he went to his room and tried to get some sleep.

 

Mingyu arrived to his workplace where Seungcheol was already working and as soon as he got to the staff room he sat devastated from the day Wonwoo had given him; he’s been ignoring him for the whole day and he didn’t even give him a good morning kiss or a goodbye kiss. Nothing.

He’ll get tired of acting like that, he just needs time. Mingyu thought and he proceed to wear his work clothes and went outside where the work waited for him.

He entered the auditorium and began cleaning the place. He picked up all the rubbish the people had left there and he sweep the floor. After a few minutes of doing that he heard someone coughing behind him a few steps behind. Mingyu was standing in the middle of the aisle. He turned around to find Seungcheol who just waved at him.

“Hey” the older said.

“Hey” he replied.

“Didn’t see you coming in”

“Yeah, I just wanted to start as soon as possible” Mingyu answered and turned around again to continue working.

“Tough day?”

“Yeah” He decided to start sweeping between the seats.

“I’ve got some mates that go to the same school you go to” Seungcheol said as he sat on one of the seats.

“Oh, what a coincidence”

“Yeah, they told me you’re going out with Wonwoo, is that true?”

“Yeah, it is” he said.

“Shame, I already got my eye on you”

“Excuse me?” Mingyu said looking at the back of his head, since he had been avoiding looking at him.

“I liked you since you joined the staff”

“You’re joking, aren’t you?”

“I’m afraid not” he said and stood up, turning to look at Mingyu.

“Wooh, that’s weird”

“Why is that weird?” Seungcheol said and he tilted his head to the side.

“I don’t know, I just think it is, you don’t seem like you’re…”

“Gay? Oh, believe me you’re the only one who has ever thought that” he laughed and since Mingyu didn’t know how to respond to that he kept sweeping the floor clean as he felt Seungcheol’s eyes following him.

After about 5 minutes Mingyu was done in that auditorium. Unluckily for him Seungcheol was still there.

“Don’t you have things to do?” Mingyu asked him politely.

“Not really… today my shift ends pretty soon, to be honest” he said and Mingyu nodded.

“Your shift ends at the same time as mine” Mingyu said and tried to leave the big room but Seungcheol stopped him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend?”

“Because I’m not that comfortable with you to tell you that kind of stuff”

“Fair enough” Mingyu said “I’m still your closest workmate here”

“True, but that doesn’t mean I should tell you everything about me”

“Are you in a fight with your boyfriend?”

“Kind of”

“Is it because you didn’t tell me he was your boyfriend?”

Is, and yes it’s because of that, but it’s not such a big deal” Mingyu said and left not letting Seungcheol say anything else.

Now he had turn in the ticket window, he sold a few tickets and then he had to stay there in case anyone else came. A few minutes later someone approached the window.

“Hello” that person said and Mingyu looked up.

“Wow, you finally decided to talk to me, didn’t you?” Mingyu said smiling.

“Two tickets for Frozen, please” Wonwoo said without answering the boy.

“Of course you didn’t” Mingyu said and looked for the film in the computer “Which row would you prefer? Middle or top? Top, of course, why should I ask?” he said and selected Wonwoo’s favourite row in the auditorium. “Shall I have your partner card?” Wonwoo gave it to him and he proceeded to make him a discount that came with the card. “Do you want to have the menu?”

“Yes, please” Wonwoo said, slowly losing his straight face.

“Ok, that’ll be 15000 ₩” Mingyu said and Wonwoo gave him the money “Ok, perfect”

Wonwoo tried very hard to look away and he decided to entertain himself checking on his sister.

“Alright… just a moment and you’ll have your tickets ready” Mingyu said smiling at him. Then he looked next to Wonwoo where Hanji was standing “Hey, Hanji, how was school?”

“It was ok, I guess” she said “You look good with that uniform”

“Thanks. You look beautiful as always” he said winking at her and she smiled. Wonwoo looked away trying to avoid Mingyu as much as possible.

Mingyu took the tickets and gave them to Wonwoo, next with his partner card.

“Thank you” Wonwoo said.

“Wonwoo, I need to talk to you. It’s important”

“You’re working” he said.

“But it’s the first time you talk to me in the whole day” Mingyu said “Please… I’m begging you, I need to talk to you”

“We need to go inside”

“The film starts in 45 minutes, you have plenty of time” Mingyu said with puppy eyes.

Wonwoo sighed and decided to go inside. He entered the cinema and he bought the popcorn and drinks him and his sister wanted. Mingyu asked one of his coworkers to be on the ticket office for him and he then went inside to look for Wonwoo. Apparently the boy already entered the auditorium, so he entered that auditorium and saw Wonwoo and Hanji sitting on his seats, with the rest of the auditorium empty.

Mingyu walked to the side Wonwoo was sitting trying not to be seen, and he managed to do so because he sat next to Wonwoo and the boy didn’t really notice him until he opened his mouth.

“Wonwoo” Mingyu said and the boy jumped in surprise.

“ you, you scared me” Wonwoo said and looked at Mingyu.

Mingyu pulled up the armrest after moving Wonwoo’s drink to the armrest beside him and he approached Wonwoo.

“I love you, Wonwoo… you know that” Mingyu said “Seungcheol confessed to me today”

“What?”

“He confessed”

“I knew it” Wonwoo said and smirked.

“I tried to avoid him as much as possible today, but he works here, you know…”

“Are you going to watch the film? Because I thought you were working”

“I am working” Mingyu said.

“I don’t see you doing that” Wonwoo said.

“Ok, I’ll go now” Mingyu said and before standing up, kissed Wonwoo’s cheek softly “See you later” he whispered.

Wonwoo held his breath until Mingyu was gone. Once the boy wasn’t around he let out a sigh and touched where Mingyu had kissed him.

“Why aren’t you talking to him? Did he do something wrong?” Hanji asked her brother and Wonwoo looked at her.

“Yes, he did”

“But why haven’t you forgiven him?”

“I don’t know… he’s too sweet to be angry at him for more than 24h” Wonwoo said.

“You’ll fix it, right? That’s what couples do”

“Yeah, I think it’s already fixed” Wonwoo said and put an arm around her shoulders bringing her close to his body.

 

Mingyu returned to the ticket office and kept working. After a few minutes working alone, as more people began to come, Seungcheol had to come and help Mingyu. He sat next to him.

“Ok, here you are” Seungcheol said as he gave tickets to a couple. He turned off the microphone “When I said I liked you it was in the like-like way, you know that, right?”

“Thank you, enjoy your film” Mingyu said and covered his microphone with his hand “I know, but can you leave that for later?”

“Sure” Seungcheol said and the microphone to deal with the next costumers.

When finally all of the people were gone, both of them turned off their microphones.

“Mingyu, can we talk now?”

“I don’t think I can run away now”

“You can’t” Seungcheol said “I like you”

“I know” Mingyu said.

“Are you going to do something about it?”

“What can I do?”

“I don’t know… you have a boyfriend…” Seungcheol said.

“I know” Mingyu said “He’s still mad at me, though”

Seungcheol smirked “What are you trying to say?” he said as he approached Mingyu slowly.

“Nothing” he said not very convinced.

“Are you sure?” Seungcheol asked dangerously close to Mingyu.

“Maybe” the boy said. Mingyu closed his eyes as he felt Seungcheol’s breath hitting his lips and he let the older do what he wanted.