Skype calls

Nameless

Two days before Jisoo leaving Korea, his friends threw him a farewell party, to which Seungkwan and Seokmin were invited as well, since they became part of the gang in the past few weeks. Jisoo was really happy to have such amazing friends, but it was still so sad and unfair he had to leave them there. He still didn’t get his parents, he could get an apartment in the city and then move to the dorm when he starts university. He could live on his own, he was independent and they didn’t have to worry that much about him, it’s not like he did drugs and drank every day.

But it didn’t matter to them how many times he told them that, they still thought he had to go back to the US. So on the day he had to leave all his friends were there, and of course he cried, so much, he kissed Junghan goodbye for the last time in a long time. He still couldn’t believe he wasn’t going to see him in such a long time, to touch him, to feel him.

Jisoo hugged his friends one last time, before he had to board the plane, all of them crying messes. Jisoo’s parents hated to do that to their son, he was miserable, he loved Korea, he loved living there, he had his whole life planned there, and now they were taking that away from him. The last person he said goodbye to was Junghan.

Jisoo hugged him, and Junghan hugged him back tightly. They stayed like that for three long minutes, not saying a word, but they knew what they were telling each other, they didn’t need to speak. The pulled away enough to look at each other. Jisoo cleaned Junghan’s face with his hands, taking in every detail of his face one last time, because even though they’d make video calls, it wouldn’t be the same. Junghan kissed him, making the kiss as long as possible. Of course they didn’t want to ever let go of each other, they kissed for a solid minute, and between kisses they would look into each other’s eyes, to remember that moment. Then finally Jisoo spoke.

“I love you” he whispered and Junghan knew it was true.

“I love you too” Junghan said “I’m going to wait for you, I promise” Jisoo nodded and they kissed again.

“Jisoo, honey, we have to leave, we’ll miss the plane” his mum said.

“Fine, we’ll miss it then” Jisoo said and Junghan chuckled.

“Go, your mum’s right” Junghan said.

“I don’t want to leave, I can’t” Jisoo sighed but Junghan took his face between his hands.

“You can, you’re going to get on that plane, and before you know it, we’ll see each other again, ok?” Junghan assured him and suddenly Jisoo believed him. Junghan had been saying things like that for the past two weeks, but Jisoo didn’t listen, he didn’t believe him, but that day he did, he believed him, he trusted Junghan, so he believed him.

“Ok” Jisoo nodded and Junghan smiled at him “I’m going to miss you so much”

“Me too” Junghan whispered and they kissed for the last time in a long time.

The following week in school, they had the summer concert. Junghan had been feeling down for the whole week and his friends noticed it because he didn’t talk as much. Wonwoo approached the boy who was sitting alone at the entrance of the school.

“Hey, what’re you doing all alone?” Wonwoo asked nudging Junghan with his shoulder.

“I’m just…” he started but Wonwoo already knew what he was going to say, so he decided to hug the boy.

“It’s ok” Wonwoo said and Junghan let him hug him, he needed to be with someone to forget how far Jisoo was “Come on, we have free period now, we’ll go and practice for the concert, it’ll be fun”

“I really don’t feel like singing right now” Junghan admitted and Wonwoo sighed.

“Junghan, you have to avoid feeling like this, we know you miss Jisoo but he wouldn’t want you to be feeling like this” Wonwoo told his friend who looked at him.

“Ok” he said and Wonwoo smiled “You’re really sweet, Wonwoo”

“Of course I am, I’m lovely” he said making Junghan laugh.

Wonwoo dragged Junghan to where all of their friends were. When he joined the group Jihoon patted him on the back and Junghan gave him a sweet smile, thanking him.

“Ok, let’s go practice” Seokmin said excited.

They all headed to the gym, where Seokmin and Soonyoung had been meeting almost every day after school. That day they were going to check out how the song turned out with Wonwoo instead of Jisoo, so they were all expecting that practice.

They went in and Junghan and Wonwoo sat on their chairs, while Mingyu had to sit on a stool. Jihoon played the song and Junghan started singing, when it was Wonwoo’s turn to sing the all looked at him expectantly and he sang. Smoothly. With no problems at all, hitting every note and leaving all his friends really impressed. Then Mingyu did his part and eventually the song ended. When they finished Mingyu stood up and kissed Wonwoo.

“You’re so ing perfect” he whispered to his boyfriend and Wonwoo pushed him away as he blushed.

“Shut up” Wonwoo said and Mingyu sighed as he stared at Wonwoo “How was it?” he asked Jihoon.

“Brilliant, you’re really good” Jihoon said “I knew you could sing, I was right”

“You really can sing” Soonyoung said surprised.

“It was really good” Junghan agreed with Jihoon and Seungkwan and Seokmin nodded happily.

“Thanks” Wonwoo said shyly “I’ve been practicing”

“I’m so proud” Mingyu said with his hand over his heart.

“You’re so stupid” Wonwoo laughed.

“Let me praise you, ok?” Mingyu said.

“Alright” Wonwoo gave up and Mingyu kissed his cheek.

“Ok, time for Soonyoung’s performance” Seungkwan stated and the three boys who just performed sat on the ground, as if they were an audience just like Seungkwan, Seokmin and Jihoon had been doing.

Soonyoung played his song and he danced to the music. Leaving all of his friends impressed once again by the way his body moved naturally to the beat of the music. When he finished they all clapped and a small “wow” escaped from Seokmin’s mouth, which only Jihoon heard, making him smirk.

Then it was turn for Seokmin and Seungkwan to sing their song and of course they nailed it, and after each performed a couple more times to ensure a pretty nice performance they just hung out in the gym for the rest of the period.

~~~~

It had been two weeks since Jisoo moved back to L.A. He got the chance to meet with his old friends from the States, but he had changed too much. He was still used to living in Korea, he missed his friends and he missed Junghan so much.

They had been talking on the phone via texts or on Skype, but they barely talked because it was a big time difference between both countries. Whenever he wanted to chat with Junghan he stayed up until 1am to talk with him.

And that day was one of those days. Jisoo called Junghan, and waited for him to pick up the video call. When he did, Jisoo smiled at the sight of Junghan’s face.

“Hi” Junghan smiled.

“Hi” Jisoo said “Is that my favorite t-shirt?” he asked his boyfriend who was wearing what appeared to be his favorite piece of clothing that used to be in his wardrobe.

“Yeah, you left it apparently, I found it in my drawer, my dad must’ve thought it was mine”

“I thought I lost it” Jisoo sighed.

“I can send it to you if you want” Junghan offered.

“No, you can keep it, so you won’t forget me” Jisoo joked and Junghan smiled.

“It still smells like you” Junghan sighed and Jisoo felt like crying already. God, he missed him so much.

“Stalker much?” Jisoo joked and Junghan laughed. That laugh, Jisoo thought.

“How’s everything over there?” Junghan asked him.

“It’s fine, there’s not much to do, though” Jisoo said and Junghan frowned.

“Jisoo, there’s a lot to do in L.A., I looked it up” he said and Jisoo chuckled “You can go to Disneyland, Universal Studios, to the beach and so on”

“I know, but I don’t have many friends here” Jisoo said “My old friends all have different groups of friends and I don’t really like them, plus they think I’m Chinese all the time”

“Have you told them you’re American?”

“Of course, but they don’t care”

“Well, try joining some activities to meet new people, I don’t want you to be sad” Junghan said.

“I know, I’m going to go to guitar classes during the summer, I start tomorrow”

“See? That’s great, you’ll meet great people, don’t worry”

“In the same school there’s singing lessons and dancing classes, maybe I should check those out too” Jisoo said.

“Dancing? You?” Junghan laughed.

“Hey!” Jisoo said making Junghan laugh even more.

“I’m sorry, I just can’t imagine you dancing” he sad and Jisoo smiled.

“I miss you” Jisoo said looking down at his hands “I really miss you”

“I always miss you” Junghan replied and Jisoo blushed.

“I really want to be with you, I can’t stand being so far away from you for so long” Jisoo said and he covered his face.

“Don’t cry, if you cry I’m gonna get angry” Junghan said and Jisoo shook his head. Then Junghan noticed his shoulders shaking and he knew Jisoo was crying already.

“I hate it here” Jisoo admitted “I used to love it, sometimes when I was back in Korea I wanted to move to America again because I didn’t feel like I belonged there, but now it’s the opposite. I need to be in Korea, I miss you, I miss you all”

“Joshua…” Junghan said and Jisoo’s heart skipped a bit. He loved it when Junghan called him by his English name.

“I love you, Junghan” Jisoo said and looked at the screen.

“I love you too” Junghan replied. They stared at each other for a few minutes.

“So, how’s everything going there?” Jisoo asked.

“Everything’s fine, we really miss you, though”

“Oh right, how was the summer concert?” Jisoo asked, remembering he left before he could perform at the school concert.

“It was really good. Turns out Wonwoo knows how to play the guitar, so he played what you played and he sang your part, as well. Did you know he sings really well?” Junghan asked him.

“Wonwoo? Singing? I’ve never heard him sing, I knew he could play the guitar, but singing?” Jisoo said surprised.

“Yeah, he’s great, I have it recorded on my phone, since I asked Mingyu to record it for you” he said and Jisoo smiled.

“Thanks”

“And we recorded Mingyu, Seungkwan and Seokmin’s performance as well. I’ll send them to you right after this call” Junghan said.

“Ok” Jisoo nodded.

“And I took your advice, I’m applying to study Psychology at Seoul University, I looked it up and I love it, it’s the perfect path for me”

“I told you, you’re going to be the best” Jisoo smiled.

“It’s amazing how well you know me, you instantly knew what was better for me, you nailed it”

“Of course I know you, I know every single detail about you, I still remember every freckle and every hair” Jisoo said and he felt the need to touch Junghan’s smooth skin.

They spent about two hours talking, telling each other about their lives, their concerns. Soon they had to say goodbye, because it was too late for Jisoo already.

The next day Jisoo had to wake up pretty soon if he wanted to get to his guitar lessons on time, and it was already pretty late.

However, the next day, he woke up, although it took him a while to do so. He got ready and grabbed his guitar to head to the music school where he hoped he would meet someone nice.

As soon as he got there he felt kind of accepted, the atmosphere was welcoming and warm. He went to his class and he saw the chairs arranged in a circle. The teacher was already there and some students were there as well. He sat down after greeting the teacher and soon the class began.

It was so much fun for Jisoo. He got to do what he loved most and moreover the people there talked to him and seemed really nice. He became sort of friends with a couple boys who seemed to be good kids.

After the class was over he headed to the receptionist to ask for the singing classes, since he was pretty interested in trying those out. She told him there was a class in a few minutes, so he ran there, along with his guitar.

When he got there he noticed the room was really full. All the people in there were singing solo or duet and when he went in no one seemed to notice him, so he just sat down and waited for the teacher to arrive.

A few minutes later someone tapped his shoulder and he looked up, to meet a quite handsome boy looking a bit out of place.

“Hi” Jisoo greeted nicely.

“Is this seat free?” the boy asked pointing the chair next to him.

“Yeah, sit down” Jisoo replied smiling.

“Thanks” the boy said and he sat down and looked at his hands.

“Are you new here?” Jisoo asked him.

“Yeah, I originally came for the dance classes, but I decided to try this out”

“I came for the guitar classes, but I wanted to try out as well” Jisoo told him and the boy looked at him “I’m new too”

“Are you Korean?” the boy suddenly asked.

“Yeah, I am, I just moved from there a couple of weeks ago”

“I’m half Korean, my dad is Korean, and my mum is American”

“Wow, you’re the first Korean person I meet since I came here” Jisoo said excited.

“Do you miss it?” the boy asked.

“Yes, so much” Jisoo replied.

“What’s your name?”

“Joshua” Jisoo said and the boy made a face.

“And your Korean name?”

“Jisoo, Hong Jisoo” Jisoo replied smiling.

“I’m Hansol Vernon Chwe” the boy introduced himself “Call me Hansol, I like it better”

“Nice to meet you Hansol” Jisoo said and the two boys shook hands.

“Nice to meet you too” Hansol smiled.

When the class finished the boys walked home together, they realized they lived only a few streets away, which made Jisoo really happy, since he finally had someone to talk to and Hansol was pretty much the only friend he had at that moment. He told Hansol what happened to his old American friends and the boy totally understood his situation, because the same had happened to him when he moved back to America, after living in Korea for 8 years. So basically they understood each other’s situations, they got on really well together and it felt like they had been friends for a long time.

“So tell me Jisoo” Hansol said smirking “Did you leave your girlfriend back in Korea?”

“Kind of” Jisoo replied.

“What does that mean?”

“Not my girlfriend. My boyfriend”

“Oh, you’ve got a boyfriend. How are you handling the long distance relationship?” he asked concerned, and Jisoo felt so relieved he didn’t make a huge thing about his uality.

“It’s hard, to be honest. I miss him so much, we talk almost every day on Skype, but it’s not the same”

“I guess, I’ve only had one girlfriend and it was when I was 12, so yeah”

“Don’t worry, you’ll have time to have girlfriends”

“Or boyfriends” Hansol said and Jisoo chuckled.

“Or boyfriends” he agreed and Hansol smiled.

“If your boyfriend ever comes to visit you I want to meet him, is he nice?”

“He’s a freaking angel” Jisoo said and he took out his phone “I have some pictures of the both of us…” he looked through his photo gallery and he tapped at one of the million pictures they had together. He showed it to Hansol.

“Wow” the boy said “Now I get why you say that, he’s flawless”

“Yeah, he is” Jisoo said “And he has like the best personality ever, he barely gets angry, he’s always in a good mood, I don’t know how the hell he does that”

“He sounds great” Hansol said and Jisoo nodded.

“He is”

 

Junghan’s shut his laptop after finishing the call with Jisoo and picked up his phone. He looked through their pictures together, smiling at them, even though he felt like crying every minute he spent without Jisoo. It had only been a few weeks since they got separated but it was really hard to not get depressed. Moreover, they had finished school and he had nothing to keep his mind away from Jisoo.

He texted his friends to check if they were free to hang out later that afternoon but of course Mingyu and Wonwoo were going on a date, Seokmin, Soonyoung and Seungkwan were going out somewhere they had planned a few days ago and Jihoon said he was too tired to go out so he said he was going to sleep. So Junghan pouted at his friends’ response and still decided to go out by himself and he thought of applying to some jobs, to earn some money for himself so he could buy a ticket to the States as soon as possible.

He went straight to the shopping center but apparently there weren’t any spots to fill, not even in the bigger shops. He went to cafeterias, restaurants, shops, every brand, and every shop in the shopping center and there was no luck, but everyone told him he could try modeling since he was really handsome. He did want to have a job, but modeling was not on his list. There was still one place he could go to ask for a job but Mingyu had advised him not to go there, because he had a bad experience with one of his co-workers.

He ignored Mingyu’s warning and went there anyway. It was the cinema. They had told Junghan about that boy that almost broke the couple up and Junghan was not going to let that happen to him and Jisoo, no way. So he asked the cinema, and surprisingly they were looking for someone, since it was a pretty big cinema and there were very few people working there. He was sure he was going to get the job, they seemed really pleased with him and a couple days later they called him to tell him he got the job.

So two days later he went straight to the cinema, to be shown everything he needed to know, to be taught about every job he had to do there, but they told him he was surely going to be working with customers, because of his looks, he was probably going to be the only selling tickets, popcorn or the one checking the tickets to let people in.

They realized his cheerful personality and his brightness would make people to come even more, so the first job he did was sell the tickets on the ticket office. A couple more co-workers were selling tickets as well, but his line was the longest, always. But it wasn’t like his co-workers were ugly, quite the opposite, Junghan found them really attractive.

His co-workers seemed nice and he didn’t see the boy Mingyu and Wonwoo talked to him about, probably he stopped working there.

“Welcome, what would you like to see?” Junghan asked brightly at the couple in front of him.

“Jurassic World” the girl said.

“Two tickets, I’m guessing” Junghan smiled.

“Yes, please” they nodded.

“Were would you prefer to sit? Top, middle or bottom?”

“Top would be better” the boy replied.

“Top it is, fantastic. Do any of you have the cinema card?”

“No”

“Would you like to have it, it’s for free and you get to have amazing discounts, it’s worth having it” he explained and they looked at each other smiling.

“Sure, why not?” the girl shrugged.

“Great, it’ll be just a moment, I just need you to fill out this form, nothing too formal, just basic information and you’ll have your card right away, and you could use it today for the first time”

“Ok, thanks” she smiled and filled the small form and she gave it to Junghan, who quickly introduced the information on the program and gave the couple their card, after making a little discount to their tickets.

“So, that’d be 20,000W, please” Junghan smiled and they paid the tickets “Perfect, here you have your tickets and here you have the number of points you have in your card. The more times you come the more points you’ll have and with those points you can get free menus and even free tickets, so it’s pretty great”

“Wow, thank you, bye” they said and Junghan waved goodbye.

And that’s what happened for the whole line he had. And all the lines he had for next couple of weeks. He was working really hard and his boss was more and more surprised at his work. They had increased the sold tickets in the past week and all thanks to Junghan. More than half the people who came got the cinema card and that people came a few times a week since it was cheaper to come, which increased the number of people there every day, becoming the cinema one of the fullest places in the whole shopping center.

One day, after a long day of work Junghan was called by his boss. The man seemed pretty happy, so he didn’t worry much about what was coming.

“Sit down, kid” he told Junghan and the boy did as told “Wow, Junghan… you are something… for sure” Junghan wasn’t sure what to say so he stayed silent “Thank you so much for applying for a job here, ever since you started working here, we’ve had twice as much people coming here, and it’s amazing, I think it’s all because of you”

“W-well… I don’t know, maybe it’s just a coincidence”

“All the customers are delighted to come here and to be attended by you, they say you’re the best worker we’ve had here for a long time”

“Wow” Junghan smiled.

“I see you’re really happy to be here and I’m sure there must be a reason to be working in this cinema, I remember you telling me you wanted to save up some money”

“Yeah, someone moved to the US a month ago and I want to go there to visit them, so I need money to buy a ticket there”

“It must be someone special” his boss smirked. Junghan didn’t find this weird at all, his boss was really nice and he felt like one of his friends to be honest.

“Yeah, it is” Junghan blushed “You’re going to ask me who it is, aren’t you?”

“Of course, you already know me” the man laughed.

“It’s my boyfriend” Junghan said and his boss nodded.

“I see… he’s only lucky guy” he stated and Junghan blushed even more.

“T-thanks”

“Alright kid, you can go. Your first paycheck will be coming soon, and expect a special prize for being such a good addition to the team” Junghan stood up and bowed to his boss.

“Thank you so much” he said and the man laughed.

“There’s no need to be so formal, ok, go and call your boyfriend, I’m pretty sure he misses you”

“Yeah, thank you again, see you tomorrow”

“See you” 

 

 

Sorry for taking so long to update and this chapter is , I know. I didn't want to focus that much on the drama since I wouldn't have been able to do that because everytime I write sad scenes I cry and I can't afford to lose more tears because if I do I'll dehydrate, so yeah, sorry if you didn't like this chapter because I don't tbh but if you do thanks ^^ Anyway, I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible, it's already written but I have to make sure I want to update it as it is and I'll probably change something in it, because I've already changed a thousand things in the chapters I haven't updated yet and I'll change them again pretty soon. 

Thanks for reading and remember that comments and upvotes are much appreciatted ♥