one

I Love You, Just Like This
Index:
(DH) - Daehyun speaking
(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(J) - Jessica speaking
(SY) - Sooyoung speaking
(BY) - Yongguk speaking
(HC) - Himchan speaking
(L) - Myungsoo speaking
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“YAH! DAEHYUN! WAKE UP!” (J)
 
Jung Daehyun groaned slight, turning in his sleep, as his older sister began yelling for her younger brother to get out of bed. It was basically the same thing every weekday. His older sister, Jessica would come barging in with her loud, shrieking voice and beat him with one of his own pillows before he would finally get up out of bed and either get ready or start up a pillow fight with his older sister. Today though, he just did not feel like getting up.
 
“Noooooona~ ! Let me sleep in today!” (DH)
 
“You ask me everyday! No! Now get up and get ready!” (J)
 
“Aish... arasseo. But if I end up with bags under my eyes, it’s your fault!” (DH)
 
“Arasseo! And if I end up with white hair, it’s your fault!” (J)
 
The two siblings both gave each other the same angry-looking pout as they took turns nodding their heads to each other. It didn’t take all that long before they both siblings began cracking up as they pointed directly at each other.
 
“Your face is so funny!” (J)
 
“Mine?! So is yours!” (DH)
 
The pair laughed for a few more seconds before Daehyun finally got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. Jessica had left the bedroom, making her way to the kitchen to continue cooking for her younger brother. Despite the small mini ‘fights’ that they have, they did love each other very much. After all.. they only had each other to look after. At least, that’s how Daehyun saw it.
 
It didn’t take long before Daehyun was completely clean and ready for the day. Entering the kitchen, he looked around before his eyes landed on the food that was currently on the table. He quickly made his way over to the food, sitting down at his usual seat before he quickly began eating away.
 
“Yah. Daehyun, you’re not even going to greet your noona?” (J)
 
“Wah?” (DH) Despite the fact that his mouth was currently filled with food, he responded to his older sister without a care as to how disgusting it looked. Well.. he was only like this around her and his closest friends. He didn’t want to be seen as a complete slob after all.
 
“Daehyun! You need to learn some manners!” (J)
 
Daehyun quickly chewed up his food and swallowing whatever was in his mouth before he wiped away at his mouth. He pouted a bit as he looked at his older sister. “You’re not any better! You always screech in my ear when I least expect it!” (DH)
 
“That’s because you deserve it!” (J)
 
“What?! You want me to scream in your ear?!” (DH)
 
“You’re voice is too loud!” (J)
 
“That’s the point! You screech in mine, I scream in yours!” (DH)
 
“Aish.. you’re so childish.” (J)
 
Jessica sat across from Daehyun as she smiled and began eating. “So, what are your plans today?” (J)
 
Daehyun looked up from his food as he slowly began eating. “Why do you ask..?” (DH) Could he help it? Daehyun was always suspicious of his older sister. She did, after all, tend to play pranks from time to time and he wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of those times for a prank.
 
“Oh, I was just wondering. I wanted to go out and buy some groceries. I don’t want to go alone.” (J)
 
“Yah. Since when do you need me to hold your hand?” (DH)
 
“I only wanted you to accompany me!” (J)
 
“Why? Is that guy stalking you again?” (DH)
 
“I don’t know.. but I get the chills just thinking about it.” (J)
 
“Just screech in his ear and you’ll be fine!” (DH)
 
Daehyun laughed as he soon felt a foot come into contact with his legs. With how short his sister was, he always ended up surprised that she could reach him at all. “Okay, okay. I’ll come with you to get groceries, but only when I come back from school. I don’t have any practice today, so I think I should be home early.” (DH)
 
“Good.” (J)
 
The pair ate happily as they conversed about random things like the weather, animals, etc. Of course, it soon came to an end once the food was finished and the time just simply slipped through their fingers. Once the dishes were washed, Daehyun was quickly on his way to school.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Daehyuuuun ~” (SY)
 
Daehyun turned to see a girl about his age running towards him. His eyes widened as he quickly began running. Now, why was he doing this? Well.. this girl, Choi Sooyoung, was a bit of an.. addicted fangirl for Daehyun. Why? Well, Daehyun was well known as the dancer at the school. He was the cool kid at school and quite well known.
 
“Daehyuunie~!!! Waiiiit!!” (SY)
 
“YAH! SOOYOUNG! GO AWAY!” (DH)
 
“Don’t be so mean! Accept my love already!” (SY)
 
“NO! GO AWAY!” (DH)
 
They were close, so very close. The school building was within his sights. If he could just get to school, then he could easily lose Sooyoung within the hallways. Just as he turned the corner once he was at the school gate, he collided into a body. Out of pure instinct, Daehyun wrapped his arms around the other person, keeping his hand on the other person’s head as they fell over.
 
Both figures groaned as Daehyun slowly loosened his grip on the other person and pushed himself up a little bit. His stared down at wide auburn eyes that stared back. Daehyun could see that the other male was currently flushed, though he guessed it was from the fact that he was on top of him. “S-Sorry about that. Are you okay?” (DH)
 
“C-C-C-C.. Can you.. g-get off p-please? Y-Your knee.. it’s..” (YJ) Daehyun looked down at his knee as his eyes widened, seeing that it was practically rubbing itself against the male’s groin. Daehyun quickly got to his feet, pretending like nothing had happened as he held his hand out to the male.
 
“S-Sorry.. again.” (DH) The male took a hold of Daehyun’s hand as Daehyun slowly pulled the male up. Daehyun began dusting the male off and despite the discomfort that the other male was showing, Daehyun just didn’t seem to notice.
 
“You don’t have to..” (YJ)
 
“It’s alright! It was my fault, so I have to clean you up.” (DH)
 
“DAEHYUN! WHO IS THIS?!” (SY) Daehyun turned and let out an exasperated sigh as he rolled his eyes and turned back to the other male. Sooyoung made her way up to Daehyun, a huge smile on her face as she bowed to the male. “Hi! I’m Sooyoung. What’s your name?” (SY)
 
“It’s.. Young Jae.” (YJ)
 
“How do you know Daehyun?” (SY)
 
“He.. just crashed into me.” (YJ)
 
“Oh?” (SY) Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at Daehyun and began slapping his shoulder. Out of instinct, Daehyun held his arm up in an attempt to defend himself from Sooyoung’s wrath.
 
“Ow, ow OW! STOP IT SOOYOUNG!” (DH)
 
“How could you be so reckless?! You could have hurt Young Jae a lot!” (SY)
 
“YAH! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO DECIDED TO CHASE ME!” (DH)
 
“But that’s because you won’t accept my love.” (SY) Sooyoung had stopped hitting Daehyun by now as she turned from left to right and vice versa, trying to bat her eyes and look as cute as she possibly could.
 
“Aish.. I don’t want your love! I already told you!” (DH)
 
“How could you be so mean?!” (SY)
 
“You’re the persistent one!” (DH)
 
“I.. I have to go..” (YJ)
 
Daehyun turned to look at Young Jae, whom had just started to walk away, before Daehyun ended up grabbing his wrist. Young Jae turned to look at Daehyun with wide eyes. Young Jae's face felt like it was on fire with just this simple contact with the other male. “What is it? Why are you holding my wrist?” (YJ)
 
“I.. want to make it up to you.” (DH)
 
“What?” (YJ)
 
“I want to make it up to you, for crashing into you.” (DH)
 
“You.. you don’t have to.” (YJ)
 
“No, I insist! It was my fault and you could have gotten badly hurt from it! So, I’ll buy lunch for you.” (DH)
 
“That’s alright.. you really don’t..” (YJ)
 
“Please?”  (DH)
 
“I’m sorry, but I bring lunch from home. Maybe.. some other time.” (YJ)
 
“Oh.. well, okay.” (DH) Daehyun felt a bit saddened by his answer, but he decided that maybe he should just drop it for now. He let go of Young Jae’s wrist and the male bowed to Daehyun before he made his way back towards the school.
 
“Oh? You wanted to buy him lunch? You’ve never bought me lunch before.” (SY)
 
“That’s because I haven’t done anything to you.” (DH)
 
“I wish you did!” (SY)
 
“W-What do you mean by that?!” (DH)
 
“You know..” (SY) Sooyoung began rotating in spot again, as she batted her eyes once more. Daehyun only rolled his eyes though as he walked past Sooyoung and began making his way to the school building. “W-Wait for me, Daehyun!” (SY)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Oh? Young Jae?” (BY)
 
“Yea. Do you know him?” (DH)
 
“I’m surprised that you don’t. Young Jae is the number one student at this school.” (BY)
 
“Woah.. so he’s a brain?” (DH)
 
“Well, yea. A nerd that one. He’s pretty quiet and generally doesn’t talk to many people.” (BY)
 
“Wow..” (DH)
 
“Why? You have the hots for him?” (BY)
 
“Tch, no. I was just asking.” (DH)
 
“So... you have the hots for him?” (BY)
 
“No! You idiot..” (DH) Daehyun pushed Yongguk as the trio continued walking down the hallway. Sooyoung laughed a bit as she followed the pair. “Anyway, you two doing anything later today?” (DH)
 
“I’ve got a club meeting to go to today.” (BY)
 
“I’m going to the mall today with Yuri and Yoona. Wait. Why?” (SY)
 
“No reason. Just wondering.” (BY)
 
“Oh? Did you want to go to on a date with us? I mean.. I don’t mind sharing you with Yongguk, bu-” (SY)
 
“Aish, Sooyoung!” (DH)
 
“Sorry, sorry!” (SY) The three of them smiled happily though as they continued walking down the hallways. It didn’t take them long before they finally got to their classrooms and made their way into their seats.
 
“So Daehyun. We still need two more members for the dance competition.” (BY)
 
“I know, I know. I just don’t know who to get.” (DH)
 
“Why can’t we ask someone from the dance club?” (SY)
 
“They only do ballet.” (DH)
 
“That’s the ballet club.” (BY)
 
“Oh, right.. right.. we’re in the dance club.” (DH)
 
“We can just go see who’s available tomorrow then.” (BY)
 
Before the conversation could continue, the teacher soon stepped in and class was in session.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Yes! It’s finally lunchtime!” (DH)
 
“All you ever think about is food.” (BY)
 
“I’ll cook food for you if you want!” (SY)
 
“Will you really?” (DH)
 
“Of course! I’ll even feed you!” (SY)
 
“Never mind..” (DH)
 
“What do you mean b- YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN!” (SY) Daehyun grinned as he began sprinting away from the duo, whom soon gave chase to catch up to him. It didn’t take long before they finally reached the cafeteria, to which luckily, they were the first ones in line.
 
“How do you even have the money for all of that..?” (BY)
 
“Hey. I have my ways, you have yours.” (DH)
 
“You sure you didn’t steal some kids money?” (BY)
 
“Omo... You think a kid has enough money to pay for all of this?” (DH)
 
“You have a point there..” (BY)
 
Once they got their food, they made their way to their usual table and sat down. Just as they began eating, Daehyun’s eyes landed on the male that he had bumped into just this morning. “There he is!” (DH)
 
“Why are you so excited?” (BY)
 
“Because i-.. wait.. he said that he brought lunch with him.” (DH) Daehyun watched as Young Jae got in line with two other males. Daehyun glared a bit as he got up out of his seat and made his way over to the trio. “Hey!” (DH)
 
“O-Oh.. um.. hello..” (YJ)
 
“I thought you said that you brought lunch today.” (DH)
 
“I did... but..” (YJ)
 
“Because of you bumping into him, his food ended up spilling all over his things!” (HC)
 
“Oh.. I’m sorry..” (DH)
 
“No.. it’s alright.” (YJ)
 
“Can I buy you lunch then?” (DH)
 
“Well.. Myungsoo was going to buy me lunch today..” (YJ)
 
“Ahh.. Hey, which one of you is Myungsoo?” (DH)
 
Both Young Jae and the male to the right pointed to the male in between them. Myungsoo looked at both of them before he sighed and stepped forward a bit. “Yea, that’s me. What do you want?” (L)
 
“Can I buy Young Jae’s lunch today?” (DH)
 
“W-What? Why are you asking me?” (L)
 
“Because you’re paying for his lunch!” (DH)
 
Myungsoo rubbed the back of his head as he thought for a moment. He turned to look at Young Jae, who only seemed neutral about it for the time being. He let out another sigh as he folded his arms and looked at Daehyun once more. “Okay, go ahead.” (L)
 
“Yes! Okay Young Jae, get ANYTHING you want!” (DH)
 
Daehyun placed his arms around Young Jae’s shoulders as he turned to the various choices that were currently in there. Young Jae turned a bit red since he was not used to this kind of contact, especially with strangers, but he slowly nodded and picked out various foods that were healthy.
 
“Is that all?” (DH)
 
“Healthy food helps the brain..” (YJ)
 
“Ahh, okay then. Well, you have to sit with me too. You two can come as well!” (DH)
 
“W-What? Are you sure..?” (YJ)
 
“Yea! You three are my new friends!” (DH)
 
“H-Hey. Since when did w-” (L)
 
“Since now! Come on!” (DH)
 
Once Daehyun paid for everyone’s food, he led them over to the table where Yongguk and Sooyoung were currently still waiting. Sooyoung smiled happily as she bowed her head slightly to the newcomers.
 
“Guys, this is Young Jae, Myungsoo and..” (DH)
 
“Himchan.” (HC)
 
“Himchan! Anyway, these two are Sooyoung and Yongguk.” (DH)
 
Once we were all seated, Sooyoung proceeded to begin the conversation. Sooyoung did love talking a lot, which was pretty helpful whenever it was awkward within a group of people. Everyone did seem to be getting along quite well and before they knew it, lunch was almost over. Everyone got up from their seats and had began making their way down the hallways and back to their classrooms.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The rest of the school day went the same as usual. Before they knew it, the school day was over and the students were released from their classes.
 
“So, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” (DH)
 
“Okay! I’ll text you tonight Daehyun!” (SY)
 
“Don’t..” (DH)
 
“Why not?” (SY)
 
“Because you’re texts are all rambles!” (DH)
 
“Fine.. then you’ll just have to suffer without my texts.” (SY)
 
Sooyoung stuck her tongue out before her and Yongguk both left. Daehyun stayed behind for just a few minutes before he made his way to leave as well. Just as he left the room, he found himself bumping into Young Jae once more.
 
“Ah.. sorry! I.. Oh, Young Jae! I seem to just keep bumping into you today.” (DH)
 
“No.. it’s alright. I didn’t fall this time.” (YJ)
 
“Hey, now that I think about it.. do you want to exchange numbers?” (DH)
 
“H-Huh?” (YJ)
 
“Do you want to exchange phone numbers.” (DH)
 
“W-Well..” (YJ) Young Jae turned a bit red, which seemed to confuse Daehyun for a bit. Young Jae placed a fist up to his chest as he continued to think before he turned to look at Daehyun once more and nodded slowly. “Okay..” (YJ)
 
Young Jae took his phone out of his pocket and swapped phones with Daehyun. Each person registered their phone numbers in the other person’s phone before swapping their phone once more.
 
“Now that that’s done, do you want to hang out?” (DH)
 
“Um.. maybe another day.” (YJ)
 
“Oh, well okay. I’ll see you later then.” (DH) Daehyun smiled and they soon parted ways once more.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Daehyun! You’re finally home!” (J) Jessica quickly made her way to her younger brother, instantly clinging onto him around his waist as she looked up at Daehyun with a smile on her face.
 
“Aish.. Noona. Why are you being so clingy?” (DH)
 
“Because my cute little brother is home! Now we can go grocery shopping.” (J)
 
“At least let me change out of my uniform first.” (DH)
 
“Arasseo. Go quickly! I want to make sure that we get the flavor I want before they run out.” (J)
 
Jessica let go of Daehyun as he made his way back to his room and put his bag into his chair before he stripped out of his school uniform and began rummaging through his drawers for clean clothes. After a few seconds of rummaging, he finally got dressed in just a plain white v-neck and black skinny jeans before he finally went out with his older sister to the grocery store.
 
It only took them a few minutes to get to the grocery store with Jessica’s car. As they entered the grocery store, they looked around a bit before Daehyun’s eyes landed on a familiar male. “Hey.. it’s him...” (DH)
 
“Who?” (J)
 
“Young Jae.” (DH)
 
“Do you like him?” (J)
 
“What?! Why do you say that?” (DH)
 
“I was just kidding. Is he your friend?” (J)
 
“I met him today. I.. kind of bumped into him.” (DH)
 
“Ahh.. I see. Well, do you wanna say hi to your little friend?” (J)
 
“No, Noona. Let’s just go. He might be busy.” (DH)
 
“Okay, okay. Let’s go.” (J) Daehyun and Jessica began their trek around the grocery store as they got whatever was needed to make their food. Although neither of them could cook any well, it seemed like they had gotten used to each other’s cooking by now. Of course.. it was a surprise that they haven’t poisoned each other yet.
 
“I’ll make seafood fried rice.” (J)
 
“It’s the only thing you can make well..” (DH)
 
“YAH! I can cook well! At least I’m cooking! What do you do? You just eat!” (J) Jessica kicked Daehyun’s leg, but as usual, it didn’t hurt him at all. Daehyun only chuckled a bit as he folded his arms and looked off to the side.
 
“Yea yea yea, you can cook.” (DH)
 
“Good. Now, let’s finish getting the stuff.” (J)
 
Once the pair got the things they needed and paid for their things, they were about to leave when their cart crashed into another person’s cart.
 
“Oh, I’m sorry!” (DH)
 
“I-it’s okay..” (YJ)
 
“Oh?” (DH) Daehyun’s eyes widened as a smile played across his face. He walked up a little too closely to Young Jae as he examined his face a bit before placing his hands on Young Jae’s shoulders. “Young Jae! It’s good to see you again!” (DH)
 
“Oh. Hi Daehyun.” (YJ)
 
“Young Jae, this is my older sister, Jessica.” (DH)
 
“Hey you! It’s nice to meet you! You must be Daehyun’s boyfriend!” (J)
 
“N-Noona! Young Jae, I swear, I didn’t say that!” (DH)
 
“It’s alright..” (YJ) Young Jae turned red as he slightly bowed his head. “I.. have to go. My parents are waiting for me.” (YJ)
 
“Well, okay. It was nice meeting you.” (J)
 
“You too.” (YJ)
 
Young Jae soon departed, leaving the duo to stand by themselves. Daehyun turned to look at Jessica, his eyebrows furrowed as he soon began pulling at Jessica’s cheeks. “Noona.. why did you say that?!” (DH)
 
“I’m just teasing you! AISH! Let go! You’re going to ruin my cheeks!” (J)
 
Daehyun pouted as he let go of Jessica’s cheeks and soon followed Jessica back to the car. Once the groceries were in the car, they were soon on their way back home.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
[[ My Own Thoughts:
 
Yay! First Chapter is up >3<..
I hope that this fanfic goes well and..
Everyone enjoys reading the fanfic! x3 ]]