[Chapter Eight] Awkward and Awkward

#Sweet Destiny!

 

CHAPTER EIGHT – Awkward and Awkward

 

(Wooyoung’s POV)

 

I dropped my jaw, as heard what Suzy said to Jiyoung-hyung. “So she’s not your girlfriend?” Jiyoung-hyung asked, confirmed it again. I nodded surely. “I’m sorry, hyung. But she’s not my girlfriend, and I will never let that happen. I—will never let her to take Jieun’s happiness too. I’m promise.” I spoke, as gave him the convincing face. He nodded and patted my shoulder. “I always believe you, Woo.” He said, as we both smiled.

“C’mon. We have to go home.” He continued, as I got up and took my walking stick. When we went out from the room, Jieun approached us. “Yahh! Why do you take so long to just change your clothes?” She protested, as I and Jiyoung-hyung stared each other meanly. “Let’s go home!” He said, as we all nodded.

On the journey, we all kept quiet. I still couldn’t believe Suzy could do something like that. She’s my bestfriend, and honestly I love her, and she’s not the type of girl that would do that kind of stupid action. Eventhough she’s a cold person, but I knew that her personality is really fragile and soft. And it which made me love her more, eventhough I don’t know if I still love her or not right now. That kind of words filled my entire brain, as I felt dizzy about what happen.

“Wooyoung-ah! We arrive! Wooyoung!!!” I gasped when heard that Jiyoung-hyung called my name. “Yes? Yes!” I answered, quickly went out from the car and walked to the living room. “Are you still sick?” He asked, as I shook my head.

“So? Is there something disturbing your mind?”

I shook my head again.

“I just still can’t believe that she told that to you yesterday.” I answered, took a deep breath. He patted my shoulder. “No need to think about that. You have to rest.” I nodded, then went to my room.

 

(Jieun’s POV)

 

I knew that there’s something wrong with Wooyoung and Jiyoung-oppa in the hospital a few minutes ago. I didn’t know what it is, but they seem hiding something for me. On the journey, Jiyoung-oppa kept quiet and drove; while Wooyoung stayed silent and trapped with his own mind. I need to find out! I didn’t know how, but the most important is I need to find out! There’s something serious between them, and I have a feeling that it involved me too.

When we arrived, I entered the house late, but I could hear something. “Are you still sick?” I knew that this voice is Jiyoung-oppa’s. “I just still can’t believe that she told that to you yesterday.” Wooyoung’s answer made me shocked. She? Who is she? If ‘she’ that he mean isn’t me, so is it—Suzy? But what did she tell to Jiyoung-oppa?

“No need to think about that. You have to rest.”

I entered the house when Jiyoung-oppa said that. “Oppa!” I spoke, hugged him tightly. “What?” He asked, poked my head. “Yahh! It’s appo! (hurt!)” I yelled, as we both laughed. “Do you realize it, oppa?” I continued, and he frowned. “About what?” He asked, as I sighed. “Wooyoung seems very strange today. What happen between you and him?” I asked, right on target. He gulped. “I don’t understand what you mean, Jieun. He seems alright.”

I stared sharply at him. “Don’t lie to me, oppa. I know it. I heard your conversation just now.”

He widened his eyes, then tried to back to normal. “It’s nothing. He has a problem with his bestfriend, and it’s not a big problem either.” He uttered. “He has a problem with that Suzy? About what?” I asked, as he widened his eyes again. “Where do you know that his bestfriend is Suzy?!” I smirked and didn’t answer him. “It’s his problem, Jieun. And you have to let him solve his problem alone.” He said, as I nodded.

“That’s indeed my yeodongsaeng! (younger sister!)”

We both laughed and tossed.

“I’ll go to my room first. Bye, oppa.”

Jiyoung-oppa waved at me, as I sat on the chair, faced my desk. I wanted to sleep, but a paper made me stopped and froze. Oh God, the test would come on two days later! And guess what, I didn’t ever study at all! With the faster speed, I took a few books and started to study. Didn’t realize it, I’ve been studied for already five hours! I didn’t know why I could be this diligent, but I thought it’s because of Wooyoung. Yes! I don’t want to lose over him! Hwaiting, Lee Jieun!

“Jieun-ah, dinner is ready!”

Jiyoung-oppa yelled from the dining room, as I nodded, but then I remembered that he couldn’t see me. “Yes, oppa!” I replied, closed my books and went out from the room, just to see Jiyoung-oppa and Wooyoung, who was chatting happily. “Jieun-ssi, there’s something on your face.” He said, as wiping something on my face. “Is this an ink?” I gulped and tried to laugh.

“Ink? Why am I have an ink on my face? There’s no way for me to study for the test, right?” I spoke, but then I realized and closed my mouth with both of my hands. Wooyoung and Jiyoung-oppa stared at me and laughed hard. “So, our Jieun just studied for the test? How sweet is that!” Jiyoung-oppa teased then went to the kitchen, as I pouted at him. “Oppa! Stop it!”

“And don’t laugh!” I continued, pointed at Wooyoung. Instead of silent, he laughed harder as I got up and wanted to close his mouth with my hands, but I stumbled and BRAKK!

We fell down together on the floor. My body is on the top of him, as our face met. His lips touched mine, or my lips touched his? I didn’t know, but the most important part is OUR LIPS MET! We froze in our position like an idiot, before I got up and stared the floor, didn’t want him to know my cheeks that burning hard right now. Fortunately, Jiyoung-oppa is on the kitchen, so of course he didn’t see us at all. I could see from the tip of my eyes that Wooyoung’s trying to get up, but he couldn’t do it as his legs still broken.

Pressing the embarrassment of mine, I gave him a hand, as he got up and managed to sit on the chair. “Sorry.” I said, as my cheeks still burning. “Thanks.” He replied, as played the spoon and fork on his empty plate.

“I think I’m late, but the foods are ready!”

Jiyoung-oppa put the foods on the table, as we started to eat. I couldn’t even speak anything beside eating and kept blaming myself for be sloppy. And so does him. The awkward situation came, as Jiyoung-oppa raised his eyebrows. “What happen to you both?” He asked, as we shook our head at the same time, and it made him more curious. “Did something happen when I went to the kitchen?”

“NO!”

We answered in unison, as the grin appeared on Jiyoung-oppa’s face, made us more nervous. “That’s really something between you both.” He said, as we acted as if nothing happened.