[Chapter Twenty One] Evil Gaze

#Sweet Destiny!

 

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE – Evil Gaze

 

(Jieun’s POV)

 

After the awkward lunch time, I came back to our room. Well, after we got married, me and Wooyoung shared the biggest room together. Wooyoung is watching his favorite football team with Jiyoung-oppa, as I—who actually don’t have any interest—prefer to go sleeping. I wanted to close my eyes, before my handphone rang. With the most annoyed face, I took the phone and saw the caller, swore to scolded the caller as bad as I could.

But, the caller is just a number; and it means I don’t have the contact number of this person yet. He/She will be dead if it’s a wrong number! I picked up the phone, as the emotion in my heart dropped within a minute. The caller is Suzy! What can I do?

“Yes, Suzy-ssi?”

I asked, tried to be polite. “Jieun-ssi, can we meet tomorrow? I want to be friend with you.” She said, in a friendly tone. I raised an eyebrows. “Tomorrow? Where and when?” I asked, as she chuckled. “How about the café near your new university at 2 p.m?”

“Okay. Do you want me to take Wooyoung too?” I asked again, as she choked. “No! No need to bring him. I want to be friend with you, not him. Hahaha.” She laughed awkwardly, as I did the same. “And please don’t tell him about this.” She continued, made me frowned. “But why?”

“He must be want to come to our meeting if he knows it. This is a girl’s talk, you know.” She explained it quickly, as I felt suspicious with a sudden. “O—kay. See you tomorrow, Suzy-ssi.”

“See you, Jieun-ssi.” She replied too, as we ended the talks. Now all my mind is full of her. What in the hell does she want to talk to me? And why did she ask me to hide it from Woo? I wanted to think more, but suddenly Wooyoung entered the room, made me forgot about everything. “Didn’t you say that you want to sleep?” He asked, raised his eyebrows. I smiled and lied down on the bed. “I just want to.” I said, before went to sleep.

He laughed and went to the desk, made me frowned. “You don’t want to take a nap?” I asked, as he shook his head. “I want to read some books. You know, I’m not a genius boy without any effort.” He said, pointed at the thick book. “Eww! I married a bookworm guy.”

“And a handsome one.” He added and laughed, as I threw him the pillows and joined to laugh. “Stop it!” He shouted, as I laughed. “No! I’m still not satisfied yet!” I refused, still threw him all the pillows. “Ouch!” He groaned, as we laughed again. “Now, I’ll take revenge!” He said, realized that I don’t have any pillow anymore, as he took it and threw it to me. I groaned too, as we still laughed hard.

He moved closer to me, still threw the pillows toward me as fast as he could. “Ouch! Don’t do it too fast! It’s hurt, you know!” I pouted, made him laughed. “I don’t care~” He sang a bar of 2NE1’s I Don’t Care, made me couldn’t help but pouted again. We still played it happily, until he lost his balance and fell into me, made us shocked. Slowly he got up, but before he could completely get up, the door is opened. It’s Jiyoung-oppa! He saw us with this weird position! We gulped and blushed, eventhough we’re not doing anything.

Jiyoung-oppa gulped too. “I just want to say that I want to go with my friends. Sorry for disturbing you, guys. Next time, please lock the door first before did it. Bye!”

After he closed the door, we stared each other and then laughed hard. “Don’t you see Jiyoung-hyung’s face? He blushed madly!” Wooyoung said, as I nodded and laughed again. “He's maybe thinking that we both—did it!” I responded, made us laughed. “Cah! I want to sleep first. Continue reading your read book, nerd!”

He pouted and smacked my head. “I’m not a nerd, sleeping-monster!”

“Yahh! I’m not a sleeping-monster either!”

We both laughed again and then did our previous work.

 

(Wooyoung’s POV)

 

Tomorrow morning is the last day for us to enjoying this holiday. After breakfast, we went to the cinema to watch some movies. I wanted to watch action movies, but she forced to watch romantic movies, and I didn’t have any power to refused her will. “Don’t you think they’re very romantic? The man sacrificed himself for the woman he loves!” Jieun started to speak much after the movies finished. We both went to the restaurant to have a lunch together.

“Does every man have to sacrifice himself to be a romantic person?”

I asked, made her pouted. “It’s not always be like that. But, woman will always love that kind of stuff. I think you should know much about woman, based on your playboy habbit.” She explained, eyed me sharply. “Who said that I am a playboy?”

“Don’t lie, Mr. Playboy! Your mom’d tell me that you often change your girlfriend or your crush and play with them, then change it again.” She spoke, made me widened my eyes. “My mom said that kind of words to you? She is really strange. What kind of mother that told to her daughter in-law all about the badness of her own son?”

She shrugged and laughed.

“She's your mother, Wooyoung!” She said, made us laughed again. “So you’re not jealous about my playboy status at all?” I asked, a little dissapointed actually. “Why do I have to? You’re my husband now.” She answered, as I smacked her lightly. “Don’t speak too loud. You want everyone know about our status?”

“You don’t want everyone to know about our status?” She asked, made me shocked. “No! It’s not what I mean. We’re still students no matter of what.”

“Ahh, you’re right.” She responsed, as I chuckled at how plain she is. “Oh God, I forget something! I have to go, Woo! See you at home~” She waved and went away. “Wait!!! Jieun-ah!” I yelled at her, but she’d gone with the wind, left me alone with the confusion.

 

(Jieun’s POV)

 

I ran as fast as I could, entered the restaurant near my university that luckily didn’t too far from where I and Wooyoung used to ate. In the corner, I could see that Suzy is waiting for me, with an annoyed expression. I know well that I has late for almost an hour now, and it’s not wrong for her to make such that expression. I tidied my hair before went there and bowed.

“Sorry, I’m late. Really sorry.” I said, didn’t sure what to say. She smiled and hinted me to sit down. “It’s okay. I’m still not waiting for a long time either.”

I replied her smile. “What do you want to talking about, Suzy-ssi?” I asked her, didn’t like chitchat longer, especially with her. She gave me a friendly smile, contrast with her grumpy face. Her brown hair shined, made even someone from the twenty meters distance could recognize if she’s not a usual Korean girl. And actually, it’s very different with my truly Korean face and my innocent personality. So, I have to admitted that it actually makes sense if Wooyoung had fallen with her before.

“As if what I said to you yesterday, I want to be friend with you, Lee Jieun. Ahh, or do I have to call you Jang Jieun now? You sure are happy to be Woo’s wife, don’t you? He’s a romantic, handsome, smarty, and richy boy that almost reach the perfection, but who are you, Jieunnie?” Her face suddenly turned to be an evil face, made me almost freak out. But, my attention fully went toward her words. What is she talking about?

“Or do I have to explain about who are you, Jieun?” She once again eyed me with her evil gaze, made me gulped with no reason. “But I don’t think I have to explain it. If I am you, I will keep a distance from him.” She continued, stared at me as if I am her prey. “So, you asked me to come here only because of that reason? Do you want me to leave him? In your dream, Bae Suzy! I’m his wife, and I don’t have a point to leave him, anyway. So good bye!”

I got up from my seat, but she held my hand tightly. I looked at her face again, could see a smirk on her face. “Honey, maybe you don’t know about this yet, but I’m adopted by Italian family and now I’m their only daughter. But, unfortunately for you, they’re not the usual Italian citizens.” She still gave me that smirk, pulled me to sit down once again. “What do you mean?” I tried to ask, raised my eyebrows.

“My used to family was confederated with Yakuza, and they died because of some conflicts. A few months later, I was adopted by Italian family, and unfortunately, they’re confederated with Yakuza too. But, this time, their position is higher. Of course, you know that Yakuza has many followers all over the world, right? So if I need something, those followers will be pleasure to help me everything they can.”

My jaw dropped and I couldn’t even control my emotion anymore. “Why do you tell me all about this?” I asked, stared at her, tried to hid my scared face.

She smiled and her own hair. “You’re the first person to know about this, Lee Jieun. And I never told about this to someone without any good reason.” I gulped and eyed her carefully. “So Wooyoung also doesn’t know about this?” Suzy shook her head, smiled again. “If I told you about this, you must stay away from him. Because I’m not guarantee if something will happen to your dearest family, or even Wooyoung himself.”

I gulped and frowned. “If you want to take Wooyoung from me, why do you threaten me to hurt him?”

She laughed and drank the ice tea in front of her. “I indeed want to take him from you, but he refused me; and I don’t like someone that refuse me. So I can do everything to him and even to your family. If I can’t own him, so I will make you can’t own him too.” Before I could responded anything, she got up and smirked. “Hope that you can obey me, Lee Jieun; because I don’t like someone that break my rule. And please don’t tell him about this, except you want everything turn worse.”

I could see that she walked and went out from the restaurant. And at the same time, the tears started to fall down to my cheeks. What can I do? I start to loving him, but why is this happen to me? I don’t want something happen to my family and of course him, but. . . I don’t want to let him go either.