[Chapter Twenty Four] Our Last Day (2/2)

#Sweet Destiny!

 

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR – Our Last Day (2/2)

 

(Wooyoung’s POV)

 

I wanted to enjoying this trip, but—I just couldn’t do it. My own mind full of the girl that is sitting beside me. She is the one I love, and the one I care. I don’t know since when, but this feeling started to grow into me, and I don’t know if she feel the same as I do to her. “Jieun-ah.”

She turned to see me, gave me a question-look. I took a deep breath and stared at her. “What is it?” She asked, realized that I still didn’t speak anything. “I feel something wrong. My heart said that we—will have a farewell. It’s not true, right?” I expected a convinced look from her face, but I am wrong. Her expression is stiffened, as if I asked something that makes her disturbed and frustated.

“Jieun-ah,”

I gave her a deep stare, as she took a long breath. “Of course no, Woo. We’ll never have a farewell.” After heard her words, I smiled and ruffled her hair. “I will believe you, Jieunnie.” Her expression changed again, made my heart is torn into pieces. Did she lie to me? Did she want to separate from me? Why do I still feel uncomfortable eventhough she already said that we will never have a farewell?

 

(Jieun’s POV)

 

His words made me a little shock, but after saw his expression, I tried to forget it and controled my expression. “We arrive at the beach!” I said, pointed at the water and the sand in front of us. He parked the car and then we both went to the beach. I streched my arms and ran through the beach, screamed as loud as I could. He shook his head and sat down on the white sand, looked at the beach with the blank expression.

“Do you not feeling well?”

I approached and touched his forehead. “You have a little fever. Maybe we have to cancel our trip.” I said, but he held my hand, made me fall down into the sand beside him. “What is it?” I asked, felt weird with his sudden action. “I’m okay. Really.” He answered, still looked at the beach.

Then, suddenly he looked at me with his deep stare and smiled. “I will gonna be okay as long as you’re in my side.” His words once again hit me. Don’t ever say that, Jang Wooyoung! You will be okay eventhough I’m not in your side. You have to promise to me!

“No!”

He stared at me with the weird look, examining my face. “I mean—don’t say that kind of stupid words! I’m not a medicine, you know.” I explained, blamed myself for said something without thought it first. He laughed and placed his head on my shoulder. “For me, you’re the only medicine.” I laughed back and smacked him lightly. “Cheesy!”

“Yah! I’m serious.” He pouted, as I smiled and ruffled his hair. “Jieun-ah, promise me that you will never leave me alone.”

I took a deep breath, “Why do you always say that, Woo?”

“Because I’m afraid. I—am afraid if something will happen to us.” He answered weakly, made me couldn’t control my tears. But, I couldn’t show him that I am crying! No, it couldn’t happen! “Forget that. We have to lunch. I already prepared some foods for us.” I said, slowly got up and excused myself for took some foods from the car.

When I arrived at the car, I let my tears dropped and then cleaned it before he realized it. I took a deep breath and smiled, went to him again. “This is the lunch!”

“Chicken? Again?”

He pouted, gave me a dissapointed look. “Don’t you say you like chicken?” I asked, made him laughed. “I do, but it’s too much! I will die because of chicken overdosis.” He said, as we both laughed. “It’s the first time for me to hear the kind of chicken overdosis.” I uttered, as he smiled. “You know what? It's my first time to hear that too.”

We both laughed again, erased the bad situation.

“After this, let’s go diving!” I said, as he pouted with a sudden. “Do you want me to sink again? I have a trauma, and you made it more severe a week ago.”

I laughed, “Sorry. I almost forget if you have a trauma. You know, I love diving very much.” He nodded by himself. “Then, let’s diving!” His words made me frowned. “Don’t you say you have a trauma?” I asked. “Yes, but if you love it, it means I love it too.” He said, made me chuckled. “Then, I hate diving.”

He turned to frowned and gave me a question look. “If you hate it, it means that I hate it too.” I answered, turned his words. He pouted and tickled me. “You’re such a copy-girl.” He said, made me laughed. “Stop it!” I shouted, but he kept tickling me. I ran as fast as I could, laughing like an idiot. Thanks God, the beach is very quiet today. We kept ran after we both got tired and decided to take a rest. I could see him took a twig and wrote something on the sand.

“What did you write?”

I asked, when he finished it. “Wooyoung love chicken!” He answered, as I pretended to pout. “Chicken? So you prefer chicken to me?” I asked, as he laughed and sticked his tongue. “It’s a joke! I wrote Jieun love Wooyoung!”

He pointed at the texts he wrote, as I laughed and punched him. “Yah! Why did you write Jieun love Wooyoung, and not Wooyoung love Jieun?” I asked him, as he chuckled to me. “Because I know that you love me more than I love you.” He stated, made me giggled. “Who said that?”

“Of course, it’s me!”

We both laughed again. “Let’s play something!”

I nodded and played many games together, laughed together, smiled together, looked at each other together. I could say that my plan to make today a very special last day is being a great success. After watched the sunset together for the three times, we sat down on the white sand, looked at the beautiful sky together.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” He asked, eyed me with his special stare. I nodded, as we both smiled at each other. He turned my position to be face-to-face with me. Now we could see each other clearly, as we kept smiling. Slowly his hands took place on my waist and neck, as his head moved closer to mine. I didn’t say anything, only closed my eyes, enjoying for the last time as his sweet lips touched mine.

I replied his kiss, still enjoying it very much. The butterflies in my stomach woke up from their long sleep, came back to fly around my stomach, made me feel dizzy yet satisfied at the same time. I would miss his sweet lips. I would miss this dizziness. I would miss these butterflies. And, I would miss—him. We kept kissing each other passionately, until the tears accidentaly fell down from my eyes, made him stopped our kiss. “Jieun-ah, what’s wrong with you?”

He eyed me, seem worried. I shook my head and quickly erased my tears. It’s the time, Lee Jieun. It’s the right moment to tell everything to him. It’s time to let him go. But, why does my throat seem dying, especially when I’m seeing his deep stare toward me?

“Wooyoung-ah,” He still looked at me, now more focusly. I took a long yet deep breath, forced myself to say it, eventhough my body refused it hardly. “Please… please divorce me.” His hands that still on my waist, fell down to the white sand. His expression changed to be painful, as if something stabbed him hardly. But, I am sure that he’s really got stabbed in the heart, the exact same thing I felt right now. “B… but, why?”

I took a deep breath again, eyed him carefully, still tried to not crying. “I—realize that I don’t love you.” I answered, completely lied. I thought he will hold my hands tightly, but he didn’t do it. He seems too shock to even breath. “I—I don’t understand what you mean.” He said, with his blank look, made me more hurt than ever. Seeing his pathetic expression didn’t make me any better at all. It’s better for me to see him crying and mad at me, instead of stayed silent and made that blank expression.

“Wooyoung-ah,”

I nudged him, realized that he didn’t make any move or any voice at all. Slowly the tears fell down from his eyes, until he sobbed like crazy.

“You… lie, Jieun.” He said, tried to reduce his sobbing. Now I’m the one who didn’t make any move at all. It’s hurt to see him like this, and it’s more hurt for me to not hugging and comforting him in this situation. “You… love me! I… know that!” He continued, still sobbing, eyed me with his sharp look.

“No, you’re wrong, Woo. I never love you.” I answered, tried to make my voice as cold as possible. “You lie! I… I know that you love me!”

He yelled, tried to kiss me, but I succeed to avoid it. “It’s not my problem if you’re not believe it. Just divorce me.” I said again, still tried to look cold. “So, what’s the meaning of all our hugs? What’s the meaning of all our kisses? What’s the meaning of our marriage, our honeymoon, and our meeting? What’s the meaning of your gaze, your smile, your foods, and all of your attention toward me?”

“I just want to make my parents happy, but then I realize that I am too fool to stay with you for the rest of my life.” I answered him, still cold, eventhough the tears started to fall. He gave me his disbelief stare, looked at me with his low gaze. “Too… fool? So… I mean nothing to you... after all this time?”

I couldn’t answer anything again. My heart is tortured. So tortured that I couldn’t speak anything anymore. But, no matter how hard it is, I have to look strong in front of him. “Just divorce me.” I said, got up from my sitting position. Then...

BRUK!