[Chapter Twenty Three] Our Last Day (1/2)

#Sweet Destiny!

 

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE – Our Last Day (1/2)

 

(Jieun’s POV)

 

I opened my eyes slowly, as turned my head aside. Empty. My eyes is opened with a sudden. Where is Wooyoung? I got up and got out from my room, could see him that is sleeping on the couch, made me felt guilty again. I ruffled his hair softly, as the tears started to fall down once again.

“Wipe your tears! He’ll be wake up.”

Jiyoung-oppa walked from the kitchen, took some foods to the dining room. “Oppa, I already know which way I have to choose, and I’ll try to not regretting my choice.” I said, as his expression changed. “So what’s your decision?” Jiyoung-oppa ruffled my hair softly. “My decision is. . .”

“Hmmm.”

My words stopped as I looked to the couch. Could see that Wooyoung has wake up and rubbed his eyes slowly.

“Good morning, Woo. Let’s have breakfast on the dining room. You too, Jieun.” We nodded and went to the dining room. I could see Wooyoung’s smile when looked at the menu today. “Chicken?! You’re the best, hyung!” He said, gave Jiyoung-oppa two thumbs, made me pouted.

“When I served you the same chicken in the villa, you said that kind of compliment too. So who’s the best?” I asked, as he laughed and ate his chicken happily.

“All the chicken cookers are the best!”

We both laughed, left Jiyoung-oppa with his confuse stare. I knew that he’s not confuse because of our conversation, but because of my sudden happiness. Well, it’s my choice, and I would stand on my choice. “Woo, today we just have a few announcement in the campus, right?”

I suddenly asked, as he nodded, still busy with his own chicken. “Can we skip the today’s meeting then?”

Wooyoung and Jiyoung-oppa choked, looked at me confusedly. “What do you mean?” Wooyoung asked, now completely forgetting his chicken. “We can go all day, right? I want to celebrate our precious time, before—”

“Before you both have to study?”

Jiyoung-oppa added my words, as I nodded and looked at Wooyoung with the best puppy eyes I have. He nodded weakly, as I hugged him. “Thanks so much, Woo. Today, please forget all your books, okay?” We all laughed again. “But, I can’t go; so you both can go without me.”

Suddenly Jiyoung-oppa said, winked at me. I nodded and smiled to him, as we continued to eat and got ready for the all-day fun, eventhough it’s not for celebrating our precious time before we have to study, but for celebrating our precious time before—before we have to separate? I don’t know exactly; all I know, we would never be together again.

 

(Wooyoung’s POV)

 

After the breakfast, I excused myself to toilet, said that I want to change my clothes. In there, tears suddenly fell down to my cheeks. Everyone always said that man can only cry for three times, but why do I have to cry so many times? This is making me frustated. Actually, what happen to her? I indeed don’t know everything, but I know if our all-day fun today would not be happen without a meaning. She must be have her own reason, and it’s very frustated to don’t know about it at all.

I washed my swollen face and changed my clothes, tried to not make her got suspicious. “C’mon!” When I opened the toilet door, Jieun greeted me with her warm smile, as if nothing happened yesterday. I nodded and sat on the driver seat. “Where will we go?”

She thought for a minute. “How about the Namsan Tower? I want to go there so badly.” She suggested, as I nodded and drove the car with the usual speed. I could see from my corner sight that she the radio, as the music started to play around. She hummed with her sweet voice, made me melted into a piece.

“Ahh, this is my favorite song!”

Jieun pointed at the voice on the radio, as I widened my eyes. “It’s my favorite song too!” We both stared each other and laughed. “We have many similarities.”

I nodded, smiled brightly to her. “Maybe, because I’m your destiny; and you’re my destiny. We are fated to be together forever, and nobody can’t split us.” The words slipped into my lips, as she looked at me with her eyes. Her gaze—I don’t know, it’s very deep yet painful. What in the earth did she hiding from me?

 

(Jieun’s POV)

 

“Maybe, because I’m your destiny; and you’re my destiny. We are fated to be together forever, and nobody can’t split us.” His words hurted me with a sudden. It’s like, the sharp things stabbed my heart into pieces, and I couldn’t dodge it at all.

No, Jang Wooyoung. You’re wrong. The reality is I’m not your destiny, and you’re not my destiny. We aren’t fated to be together forever, and there’s someone who can split us. Those reality are so real, yet so fiction. But, Lee Jieun, as you know, you can’t regret your own decision and your own choice, so just forget it.

“We arrive at the Namsan Tower!”

He said, gave me that smile again. The smile that I would never forgotten, the best smile I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I nodded and let his hand held mine, walked to the top of the tower. In there, I could see so many padlocks. The most usual one, until the most unique one.

“Tadaa!” He took something from his pocket. A very beautiful padlock. I smiled and smacked his head. “Where did you buy it?” I asked, as he gave me a mysterious smile and walked to the desk. “Let’s write our wish here, and then closed it.”

I nodded, and started to write something. Something that I am sure that will never gonna happen, except this tower is indeed a very magical tower. After wrote it, he hang the padlocks and locked it well. “Now, where will we go?”

“How about the—beach?” I asked him, as he pouted. “Why do you always wanna go to the beach? We’d go there for almost five times, and it makes me sick.” He protested, as I laughed. “But, our best memory is in the beach; and I want to go there.”

Finally he gave up and nodded, drove to the beach. “What is your wish?” He asked, looked so curious. “Secret. What about you?” I replied, as he pouted. “My wish… is for our happiness,” He answered, gave me a deep look.

“You’re always so romantic, but it always ended to be cheesy, you know.” I uttered, sticked my tongue to him.

He pouted again, then back to his driving thing. “Yahh, do you mad at me?” I asked, punched his hand lightly. “Alright, alright. I’m wrong. Sorry.” I continued, after there’s no response. “Aigoo, cranky boy!”

I pinched his cheeks, made him blushed. And it made me blushed too. “Jieun-ah,” He called, made me turned to him. “What is it?”

“I feel something wrong. My heart said that we—will have a farewell. It’s not true, right?” DEG! His words made me freeze on my position, didn’t sure what to say or what to do. If I said that it’s true, he would be mad at me and our last day would be canceled; but if I said that it’s not true, it means that I told lie to him, and it’s not good either.

“Jieun-ah,”

He gave me that look again, made me took a deep breath. “Of course no, Woo. We’ll never have a farewell.” I answered, lied to him. He smiled, then ruffled my hair. “I will believe you, Jieunnie.” His words once again made me freeze. Believe? Please don’t believe me, Woo. Please, I beg you.