[Chapter Sixteen] The Wedding

#Sweet Destiny!

 

CHAPTER SIXTEEN – The Wedding

 

(Jieun’s POV)

 

The reflection in front of me seems so beautiful. Wearing a white simple dress and a little make-up that completed everything. I took a deep breath, confirmed that I’m ready. Today is my happiest day—at least, it’s what people said. I would walk to the crowd, approached the man I love with all my heart whose standing beside the priest. We answered “I do,” before kissing each other deeply. I still remembered how I dreamt that moment a lot. Eventhough, it’s not a very good time to said this, but I’m happy that at least I could fulfill that beautiful moment, except the part that said ‘the man I love with all my heart’.

First, he’s not a man; he’s still a boy. I didn’t expect that my wedding would come in a very young age. And second, eventhough I love him; it’s not a whole love. But, well, it’s just the matter of time, right? Maybe, five years again, he’ll be the man, and I’ll love him with all my heart. Who knows?

I could hear the door was opened, made me turned. Just to see a boy with a white suit that I saw two days ago. And eventhough, I’d seen him before, I couldn’t help but realized that he’s really handsome in that suit. He approached me and took a seat beside me.

“You look beautiful, Jieun.” He said, smiled at me. “You too, Wooyoung. Ahh, ani! I mean you look handsome.” I replied, made both of us laughed. “Do you still sad?” He asked, made me remember the incident  yesterday. “I’m okay. Now, I’ll have to focus on you,” I answered, made him blushed. “W-what?” He asked, made me blushed too. “I said, I will focus on you,” I spoke, whispered to him. He giggled and approached his face into mine.

“Ehem!”

We almost jumped in surprise and kept a distance. Blushed madly. Turned out that Jiyoung-oppa who came. “Oppa, you make me almost die in shock, you know!” I spoke, as he laughed. “You both will have many times later, but now the wedding will start and you have to get ready on your place.” He explained, as both of us blushed again.

“Okay. Bye, then.” He waved at me before went to his place. Jiyoung-oppa took my hands and we both got out from the make-up’s room. He took me to appa, whose standing beside me. “Are you ready?” He whispered, then took my hands and walked slowly to the altar, as I could hear the wedding's sound started to play around the church. I could see Wooyoung in there, smiled brightly at me. In the crowd, I could see eomma, Wooyoung’s parents, and Taeyang-oppa too. But wait! I could see Suzy too. What is she doing here? Did Wooyoung invite her?

I turned my head again, slowly reached to the altar. He smiled once again to me, held my hands and let the priest started to talking the exact words that I’ve heard before in a lot of Korean dramas. “Jang Wooyoung, do you accept Lee Jieun as your wife; in the love or grief, in the happy or sad, in the rich or poor, and protect her in every situation that happen?”

The priest actually said more than that, but that’s all which I could remember. “Yes, I do.” He answered, smiled once again to me. “Lee Jieun, do you accept Jang Wooyoung as your husband; in the love or grief, in the happy or sad, in the rich or poor, and stay with him in every situation that happen?”

I took a deep breath, “Yes, I do.”

“Then I will officially announce, that you—Jang Wooyoung and Lee Jieun—will be a couple for the rest of your life in the name of God and the country.” The priest spoke, as the audiences started to applause us. “Now, can we see the kiss?!” Jiyoung-oppa shouted from the audience seat, made us blushed.

Wooyoung’s left hand touched my waist, as his right hand wrapped on my neck. He approached my face, as I immediately closed my eyes. He laughed. “So, you have an experience from all the kisses that we both did, huh?” I opened my eyes again, pouted and punched him lightly. “Neo jinjja! (You really!)”

He laughed again, as started to approache my face once again.

He kissed me softly, as I closed my eyes again. Everyone giggled, made us blushed. Within a second, he broke the kiss. “We’ll continue it later.” He whispered, made me blushed once again. Then we attended the small party that our parents setted for us. “Congratulation, uri Jieunnie!” Jiyoung-oppa hugged me then went to Wooyoung.

“You have to take care of Jieun, okay?” He spoke, then whispered the words that I couldn’t hear. Wooyoung nodded. “Of course, hyung.” He answered, then whispered something again.

 

(Wooyoung’s POV)

 

“You have to take care of Jieun, okay?” Jiyoung-hyung spoke, made me smiled. “I believe you.” He continued, whispered to me. I nodded. “Of course, hyung.” I said, gave him a convinced look. “I’ll keep your trust.” I whispered to him, as we both laughed.

“Yahh! Why do you whispering each other?” Jieun asked, pouted, as we laughed. “Take it easy, Jieunnie. Oppa will never take your husband,” He spoke, made us laughed. “Jieunnie! Woodongie!” Youngbae-hyung hugged her softly, then hugged me.

“This is the woman I’ve said.” He whispered to us, then introduced the pretty woman beside him. “Hello, my name is Im Yuri. Nice to meet you all.” She said, bowed to us. We bowed back, as I could see that Jieun changed her expression. “By the way, congratulation for both of you. You both seem still young.” She continued, smiled to Youngbae-hyung.

“Yes, they’re still 18.” Youngbae-hyung explained, as she nodded. Then she stared at Jieun softly. “You’re very beautiful on that white dress.” She praised Jieun, whose stared her with unusual stare. “Thanks.” Jieun answered, tried to be normal. “You’re very handsome too.” She turned to see me, as I smiled and nodded. “Thanks.”

“Don’t praise them too much, hon. I’ll jealous.” Youngbae-hyung spoke, smiled to Yuri—or I have to call her ‘noona’? I don’t know either. All I know, Jieun must be so sad right now. “Umm, excuse me.” I smiled once again and held Jieun’s hand, moved away from them. “What are you doing, Woo?” She asked, frowned.

“Of course, saving you.” I answered, as she stayed silent. “If you want to cry, you can cry. Don’t hold it anymore.” I continued, hugged her. She started to cry, as I patted her back. “I’m sorry, Woo. I know I don’t have the right to cry in our perfect wedding, but I just—”

“I understand well, Jieun.” I said, interrupted her. She continued to cry, as I still hugged her tightly. After a few minutes, she wiped her tears. “We have to go back, Woo. We’re the main couple of this wedding, right?” She said, smiled. “Are you sure?” I asked her once again, as she nodded. “Hey!” We turned to see Suzy, with the smile on her face.

“Congratulation for both of you!” She continued, smiled to us. I could sense that Jieun changed her expression again. “Hello, my name is Suzy or Bae Suji by the way. Nice to meet you.” She smiled to Jieun, gave her a hand. Jieun shook Suzy’s hand, tried to smile. “I’m Lee Jieun—Ahh, ani! Jang Jieun, now. Nice to meet you too.”

“Aigoo, Jason! You’re a husband now! Can we still be a bestfriend? I don’t want to make your dearest wifey jealous.” Suzy spoke, punched my stomach jokingly. “It’s okay. You both can still be a bestfriend.” Jieun answered, as we smiled. “Jieunnie, can I ask your phone number? Maybe, we can be a bestfriend too, right?”

Jieun nodded, gave Suzy her phone number. “Thanks! And I’ll go home first, okay? Bye, Jieun! And bye, Wooyoungie!”

We smiled and waved her. “See, Jieunnie? Suzy just want to be our bestfriend.” I said, as she nodded. “Yes, Woo. She’s not too bad like what I used to thought.” She answered, as we both laughed.