One Day After a Long Run.

One Day Series

After what happened yesterday, my sister cannot stop talking about the boys; especially Kibum and Minho. Why not Taemin, the one she gave a present to? Because Kibum Oppa is so lively, she said, and Minho Oppa is so brotherly. Well, I guess she missed her own brother. And about Kibum, he even made her promised to come during his free time only to talk about fashion and stuff. Really, that guy.

But what bothers me so much is that Minho didn’t really say anything when he followed me and my sister downstairs to the lobby. While I thought he would say something because he went out from the elevator and walk with us, turns out that he was just going to the cafeteria. Really, it shocked me. And I was damn annoyed.

He didn’t even come to my place as he promised. Actually, what he really wants right now, what he thinks about, I don’t understand. And to remember that we were just reconciled, it irritated me more.

But today, as I don’t have to meet him because my work with the Boss, somehow I feel that I can forget about it for a while. Right now I was just arrived at the studio; my Boss’s office and all of his apprentices, yes, my juniors that I tutored every once in a while already gave me a pile of work by asking me to check their designs.

One of my favorite, SuHyun, called me. “Unnie, we saw your choices for the group’s wardrobe. Seonsaengnim showed us. And you know what, we all agree that you gave the best clothes for Minho-sshi.”

“eh?” I laughed, uneasily though.

“Well, it’s a good thing, Seonsaengnim said.” SuHyun seems a bit confused by my reaction.

“Why?” and now I’m the one who’s confused.

“… I don’t know,” she looked at her friend beside her, “Maybe because Minho-sshi is Seonsaengnim’s model? And to know what kind of clothes to be wear by the right person, is our job too, right? Somehow with his posture, you can give anything to Minho-sshi and he still look good. and his proportion is really are the best among the 4 others.”

I was just staring at her so she added, “I didn’t mean that the others weren’t good enough-“

To hear that, I nodded, “Don’t worry, I know what you mean.”

She smiled shyly over her own comment, and then I continued to examine all of the designs one by one, and also I went around see the real clothes they made from the last project. Most of them are jackets as it should be for a autumn collection.

When I was talking to one of the student, I heard someone talking from the corridor and then there’s a guy and a girl went into the big studio followed by a familiar voice outside.

But I thought I was imagining, until I heard the guy said, “… Yes, he’s just asking me where is Seonsaengnim right now.”

The girl replied, “Really? Minho-sshi? Ah, lucky you!”

“Well, I’m lucky if I can meet one of SNSD’s member, not him.” The guy shrugged as he laughs because of his own jokes.

So I wasn’t just imagining. It’s really Minho’s voice! What the hell is he doing here, and didn’t he have a schedule? This is just crazy-

“-Unnie?”

“Huh?” I heard the student who was talking to me called me so I turned to him, “Sorry.”

Then the girl –I don’t really know her, actually- she saw me and then run, “Unnie! Can you ask Minho-sshi to try my design? He would be a good model.”

SuHyun laughs a bit, “What are you talking about, he must be too busy.” Then she looked at me and asked, “Unnie, is Minho-sshi here because he’s going to be Seonsaengnim’s model for the next catwalk?”

I frowned before I replied, “I don’t think so, the Boss doesn’t tell me anything.” And I personally doubt it because Minho seems to be so busy right now, with the group and also his individual schedule.

Then I said to the student, “Hey, excuse me just for a sec.” And I went outside straight to my Boss’ office to look for Minho.

I walked out from the room, but limped a bit because I was sitting in an awkward position in the couch for too long while I was recollecting the student’s design. Just when I stepped out from the studio,

“Are you looking for me?”

I turned around and Minho is leaning to the stairs railing with his usual calm smile.

“No.” I answered, but then changed it in a split second, “I mean, yes! What the hell are you doing in here??” I hissed at him.

“Is your leg okay?” He ignored my question, but then he looked at me and say, “Hey, easy… This time, I’m not bailing out from Manager Hyung.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes! Do you need to call him to make sure?” He surely mocking me, “Look, I was just finished meeting with Boa Noona, so I said to Lee Hyung that I want to go to meet my mother, which I did, and he dropped me at the gallery. But since I still have time, I decided to come here to see you.”

Too much information for the moment. One by one, please.

“And you don’t have any schedule?” Well, it’s a bit unbelievable, yes.

He looked at me and say, “I... have, at 4. Don’t worry, I will be there on time, after I finish my business here.”

“Your-“ I want to asked him but somehow something caught my attention, so I mumbled, “Your mom…”

“Yes, my mom, why?”

I was clumsy as I let my thought slipped out just because I’m actually curious whether he told his mom that he’s going to meet his girlfriend or not, but I feel so stupid I wont ask him about this.

“Never mind, um… your business in here?” I said to him instead.

He laughs a bit, although he still seems curious.

“Why don’t we go inside the studio, wont the students you tutor will be curious if you leave them too long just to find me?” He said.

“Then if you come with me there, it would make them less curious?” I chuckled.

He patted my back as he passed me, “Havent you heard –or experience it by yourself, that something you don’t see actually can make your imagination grown wilder?”

Shoot. Did he just sneering at me, because of my reaction to what happened yesterday?

I grumbled, “Just tell the kids that you went to the studio because I ask you to see their design.” as I followed him to walk inside the studio.

As I expected, the students –especially the girls, are staring at him with an interesting look on their eyes.

“Annyeong Hasseyo.” He bowed, and after he got response he said, “Noona asked me whether I want to see her student’s designs.”

Just by the words he said, the expressions of those girls are brighten up, but also some of them are giggling and covered their face as they looked at each others in disbelieve. I smiled over the cutesy of my so-called student, especially when SuHyun –being the class leader, she try to encourage herself and walk first to introduce herself.

Then Minho is showing his friendly self by saying, “Im actually the same age as most of you, I think. So please, be comfortable.”

I chuckled as I can’t help to , “Well, he’s not Kibum, but don’t let his serious face play trick on you, he loves to try good clothes too.”

He looked at me and from his face it seems that he thought I’m no longer mad because of yesterday, but I showed him expression that I still need some explanation from him. A concrete one.

As I stood beside him, he said to the students, “Well, I can try some of the designs…”

I still looking at him and he gave me an expression as if he said, ‘Tell them!’

So I chuckled and say, “So, what are you waiting for? Take out all you got… Minho-sshi only be here for a while.”

As if my words is a spell, the students suddenly so busy walk here and there, take their designs; papers or even the real piece of clothes and material, while Minho turns to me and he murmured, “Wait here.”

“Eh?”

He ignored me as he ran slowly to the door and took something behind it. I recognized it as the paper bag Seohyun-sshi gave to me yesterday.

It was big enough for him to hide but thank God my student doesn’t seem to realize it until the paper bag putted safely on the floor beside me.

“And here it goes, the main reason of our last argument.” I said to him, cynically.

“Just take a look, will you? As I kept those kids busy.” He smiled so sweetly I want to smack his pretty head slightly.

Well, not really.

I just sit there so he pushed the paper bag closer to me and exclaimed, “Whoa, he gave you this all the way from Japan?”

My eyes grew bigger because of his words that makes the students turn their head, “You-“ my words got cut by one of the girl’s words, “Minho-sshi, um.. I always love all your songs. Can um, can you try this jacket?”

Minho nodded nicely, “Of course,” but as he took the jacket from her hand, he turns his act towards me by saying to me casually, “So, this is what you do when you’re not with us, huh, Noona?”

I didn’t reply for a while but since there are 4 girls that staring at me, I tried to play along and answered him, “Yeah, pretty much. Boss wants me to tutor them and revising their designs but I don’t do much, I guess.”

He tries the jacket that –of course, fits him well as his size is a model proportion, and he nodded understandably.

“It seems that Unnie is so close to all of you, Minho-Oppa.” I heard one of the students, named Haerim, said to him. And yes, she used ‘Oppa’ even though they seemed to born in the same year.

“Yes, but Taemin-goon is the closest one to her.” Minho answered easily, still goes with his acting. And somehow, he walked further to see the other design as he commented to the jacket he’s wearing right now.

The girls followed him, but I can see that he’s not that uncomfortable, because at least the students still can manage to acts normally.

I guess what he does is just to give me time alone to see what’s inside the paper bag. So as I took a glance at him, after that I finally peek to the paper bag.

There’s no Adidas jacket inside it like before, but I realized there’s another paper bag inside. A smaller one, although it’s as big as I know, what could it be inside.

And as I took out, I read the brand’s name on it. Wait. How did he know?

There’s one particular pair of shoes from a Japanese brand that I want, well, I pointed out from a Japanese magazine I bought –yes, I always bought Japanese and Western magazine, I can speak English but I don’t understand Japanese I just want to get a reference. At that time, if I’m not mistaken I showed Kibum the magazine but I didn’t realized that Minho notice too.

So I took the shoe box and open it. Yes, it’s the same shoes that I want. There’s a piece of paper fell to the floor.

‘This is our little misunderstanding yesterday; 100th days anniversary early present.’ I read Minho’s writing on it.

100th days? It still a couple days away, right? I took a glance over him who’s now staring at a paper at one corner of the room and asked something to a male student over there.

Then I looked at the shoes, before I took one and try it.

It’s a simple black ankle boots, about 4.5 to 5 inches, but I fell in love since I saw it for the first time. I just felt that too bad it’s far away in Japan and I kept forgetting to find the brand’s online web. I still remember that it’s around early days of my cold war with Minho when I looked at the magazine with Kibum.

So he’s still looking for a present even though we’re fighting? Wow, talking about commitment.

I admitted that I haven’t find something for him, but I do have something in mind.

But as I try both of the shoes and walk some steps, I was thinking to relate this to Seohyun. Why did this coming from her? And the Adidas jacket…

I looked down to the floor and to the shoes, it was as comfortable and as warm as I thought it would be. Fits for the autumn even winter that coming ahead. And to realize that Minho noticed something about me even we’re not in a good terms at that time, warmth suddenly hugged me while I was standing there.

Still with the new shoes, I took my phone and leave the studio. I don’t know whether Minho realized it or not, but I dialed a phone number while I was outside the door, and walk to the other door closer to where he is right now. I can hear his ringtone for my number and then his voice saying to someone, “Excuse me for a while.”

I can hear his real voice and also through the phone, “Hey, where are you?”

“Did you do this intentionally to make me cry in front of the students?” I said to him, ignoring his question.

“What?” I can imagine him frowning. But then he laughs, “It’s a good sign, right?”

I chuckled, “How tears can possibly a good sign? I don’t cry when I’m happy. Or sad. Tsk, what the hell am I talking about. And I don’t like you too, playing with me.”

I leaned my back to the door outside the studio, and heard that his voice is a bit far away from before, so I listen only through the phone.

“Of course I didn’t mean like that, did you forget about what I said to you? You can cry as much as you want because of a movie, but not for another reason.”

I remembered when he saw me crying after I watched a sad movie and he did say doesn’t want to be the reason that make me cry, whatever it is.

“I didn’t. But what you said yourself, that you wouldn’t do anything to annoy me, to make me feel insecure, although I never felt that way,” dammit my pride makes me said that part, and dammit Minho who mocking my words with his laugh, “Do you still remember all of it?”

There’s a silent pause, but somehow it’s not devastating before he answered short and clearly, “Yes, I do. All of it.”

Then another pause come between us because I don’t say anything afterwards, and he is the one who break the silence, “Shouldn’t you get back to work? Is it okay to call me, I thought you were busy.”

His tone, and words makes me thinking that someone might standing close to him right now because he continued his act.

“Okay, but you have to keeping up your act by still talking on the phone.” I taught him, although I said to myself, he’s better in acting than you, silly.

“Fine with me.” His tone seems brighter than earlier.

I closed my phone and walk inside the studio from the door where I walk out from. And when I entered the wide room, I can see Minho is half-sitting on the table, dammit, where the hell are you, in a photoshoot? As if he’s posing while still holding the phone close to his ears.

“Taeminnie scolded me yesterday, you know.” I heard him saying while I walk to the studio table near where he sits. And how good he is in this act, he didn’t even look at me, he was patting his jeans, pretend to be absorbed in the phone conversation.

I sit there as one of my student came to give her final design that I revised earlier.

“Why?” Minho talked on the fake phone call, “He said I was stupid. Tsk, I think he’s just jealous because I got the sunflower’s attention.”

Sunflower? Taemin’s? I frowned. Ah, my sister, Cho hee? I cant help but smiling as my eyes are staring at the paper in front of me. Silly, it’s not you she likes better, Minho, it’s Kibummie. Stop being big-head bursting charisma.

Minho continued, “Well, I might be stupid but Im not forgettable.” His tone is teasing me, actually, makes me took a glance at him with the corner of my eyes. And yes, he was staring at the shoes I wear right now.

“You’re too busy to count the days, am I right?” He asked to the phone.

No, Minho, I do remember about that. But of course, I just pretend that he doesn’t talk to me.

“Anyway, I can forgive you, if you promise not to be too cold if we meet again later.” Minho begins to bombarded me with his sweet and tactical words.

I chuckled slowly, thank God my student left after she gave her design so no one heard me, even Minho, although he can easily see my expression as the response to anything he said.

“… Okay?” He asked to confirm. It’s not like I can answer you right now, Minho-ah.

And yet, he still tried to talk his way, “Better say okay. You know what will happen if I’m annoying, but you also know how good I am if I were pleased.”

I stomped one of my feet to the floor although I managed a straight face.

“Well, you’re still look good when you’re angry,” He love to mocking me so much he wont stop, “But I’m pretty sure you’re at your best when you’re nice.”

Whatever.

“Awww, come on. Just answer me something or I will make you curled your hand with all~ of my words.” He laughs.

Now I get it. He was like that because I didn’t give him a distinct attention. Tell me, Minho, in this situation how can I possibly give you anything more than a subtle expression? Tsk.

But fine.

I saw him open his mouth ready to say something but I said to him, “Excuse me, Minho-sshi, I just remember that I have to show you something.” At the same time, a couple more of my student came along with papers in their hands.

He lifted his head and staring at me with his doe eyes. And I hate the fact that he even still able to manage a confuse look, as if it wasn’t me that he talked to all this time. Can Manager Oppa just accept those drama script offered to this boyfriend of mine?

Then he talked to the phone as he shifted away his stare, “Hey, I know that you’re the one who calls me, but have to go now. I’ll be good from now on, just promised not to be mad again?”

After that, as if the one he talked about on the phone was answering, he nodded and then closed his phone.

He walked closer to my desk and then one of the male students asked him jokingly, “Girlfriend?”

Minho responded it with a guy to guy smile, as if he said, ‘well, you know.’ and then for the effect, some of the girls are held their squeal. Okay, he cant avoid fangirl wherever he went.

“Hm, what do you want me to do, Noona?” He asked me in front of those students, but what I like about Minho’s gesture is that he kept showing me –and the others, a bit distance as we were working partners and then the fact that I’m also a Noona. Well, in another circumstances, I might hate that fact, but in this case, I kind of relief that he still be able to control his act.

“You learnt Japanese, help me to read this stuff.” I just gave him abruptly the tag of the shoes where there’s the shop address.

He took it, and frowned as he seems thinking hard, well, I cant help to wanting to smile. Why Minho, I was just kidding, why did you think too seriously?

So then I said, “It’s okay, I can ask Unnie later.” I meant one of the staff that also teaches Japanese language to the guys because she’s fluent.

“Unnie, what’s that?” one of the students, Son Yi, asked.

“Yeah, it came to my place this morning so Ijustgrabbeditwithoutseeingwhat’s insideandtookithere.” I just realized that my words are such a lie and became faster towards the end. Whoa, I turned to be a bad liar after being tied to Minho. It’s shocking. Well, I’m not actually a liar, but I was pretty good in it, just in case to protect myself. Now it changed as I’m at it.

And as expected from one of the students that aware of fashion world so much, Suhyun said, “It’s a Japanese brand, isn’t it?”

I nodded and say, “It is a present from Japan.” Then before I can say anything, Son Yi clapped her hand, “Ah! Unnie’s boyfriend works in Seoul and there too, right?’

Shoot. I forgot that they knew. Well, some of them, thanks to my Boss who said that I’m dating someone who used to be model for one of the most recognizable designer in Korea. Yes, the Seonsaengnim who Minho worked for too, that passed a couple months ago.

I took a glance at Minho who’s just sitting on the desk.

Act wisely not to make my boyfriend felt uneasy –although I don’t know whether he care or not, I smiled slightly, “Actually, it’s not from him. We’re not.. well, you know. Not anymore.”

Some of the girls said, “How unfortunate!” and some said sorry to make me talk about this, but I just shook my head.

And after a split second Minho said to them, “So you all knew him?”

“Yes! He’s cute and he’s a model too!” BoKyeong, SuHyun’s bestfriend pointed out, and asked, “Oppa knew him too?”

Minho shrugged as he pointed at me, “We learnt about dating and stuffs from her, actually.”

I laughed uneasily although I really thought his answer is funny so I throw a crushed paper to him.

“So all of you were allowed to date, Oppa?” BoKyeong asked again.

“Well..” He smiled as just put his finger in front of his lips, “sst.” Then everybody’s laughing.

“But the one who gave this, he’s cute too.” I said, in sudden. I know it would make Minho’s doe eyes grew bigger in interest. And yes, I was right. I also can see that the corner of his lips curled up into a vague smile.

As usual, Son Yi is mischievous, “Really, compare to Taemin-goon, who’s cuter?”

I beamed at everyone, including Minho too, “Are you kidding me, Minnie-ah is my Baby that I’m so proud of, who can be any cuter than him?”

This time, everyone is laughing because of what I said and Minho is just chuckled at the background. Although I’m sure he already knew what I’m going to answer about that question.

But turns out that there’s someone who heard it, and asked, “Yes, Minho-sshi?”

My boyfriend turned his head and say, “Ah, nothing.” But soon after that he said, “Hey, speaking about model, did you know that your tutor had become a model, too?”

“What?”, “No!”, and “Really??” are what I heard and I was startled too. Damn you, Minho!

“Yeah, her picture is actually on the photographer’s exhibition right now.” Minho answered. Oh, I know he was so satisfied because he makes me flustered.

“Let me see it, Unnie!”

“Huh?” I was just replying when they asked Minho too.

“So you have seen it, Minho-sshi?”

Minho nodded casually as if he wasn’t plan to teased me, “Yeah, all of the members have seen it. You can asked her to show you the pictures.” As he pointed to my laptop in front of me.

All of them turned their head to me and staring with a hopeful look, along with so much curiosity like a puppies.

I sighed and just lifted open my laptop.

As they were all staring at the folder that I clicked, I turned my head to Minho and said inaudibly, ‘yah!!’

To make it less obvious, I pulled my chair back and let the students see it so I also can talk with Minho –although still without any voice.

He mouthed, ‘Why, you look so pretty in those pictures!’ and doesn’t forget to smiles annoyingly sweet.

Fortunately for him, at the same time there’s someone who said exactly like what he said. And so he pointed the student from behind with a satisfied look and say, ‘see?’

He showed his tongue playfully as I was pretending like I want to hit him from where I sat, but then I cant help to smile. Somehow it reminds me on a show where he has to put an act, asking for a forgiveness using his wink. And who’s on earth can be angry too long to a guy like him, seriously?

I was just staring at the students while suddenly my phone’s rings in my pocket. I took it and see that there’s an instant message for me. Then it rings twice more.

ChoiMH: really
ChoiMH: need more than 1 present and more than 2 methods to make you smile
ChoiMH: remind me that I have the most difficult-to-be-pleased girlfriend

I smiled as then I typed the reply.

Nu.Na: Yeah so then are you having a second thought of keeping her?

Less than 2 seconds there’s a reply coming in.

ChoiMH: naaah
ChoiMH: I think I like to keep her though

Good answer.

Nu.Na: :*

----------------

I walked to the boys practice room as it was dark, and so I turned out the lights.

Minho was joining the other after he went to my Boss’ office earlier, but as I promised my sister to pick her up so I went here.

Manager Oppa is generous enough to let her followed my assistant for a day, just to see the boys’ schedule after my sister pointed out that she wanted to know how to work like me. It’s a rare thing to see how my shy sister suddenly came up with her opinion, so I begin to think that introducing her to the boys is not really a bad idea at all.

I was alone as the only sound I hear is the sounds from my footsteps; the high heel boots that Minho gave to me, echoing through all the room.

Seeing around, I just stare to the window curtain that has a picture of clouds in the blue sky. Then I just sit on the floor, in the middle of the room.

Hugging my legs, I looked up to the ceiling and wonder. It still like a dream for me sometimes, when I think about it, to have Minho as mine, and then to be in this job with the boys. I wasn’t even work together for a year and somehow they already accepted me that’s why I felt so thankful. Well, I’m not saying that the other group I worked with before wasn’t treat me good enough, it’s just at that time, I wasn’t too visible since I was just an part-timer but with the boys, I have more privilege status and they respected me also my works, so that’s why I felt it’s counted more.

Sighing, suddenly a thought came up in my mind.

Recently, I was too comfortable on working both with the boys but also still with my Boss, and I didn’t mind juggling between the schedules. But.. What if the time to leave is finally comes? Of course, I know which one that I have.. no, I must leave. And somehow, it hits me how it wasn’t going to be as easy as I thought it would be.

Im not just talking about what will happen with my relationship after I left this job, but I also already felt so close with this small ‘family’; no matter what we called it, members, staffs or anything.

Maybe I’m just bad at goodbyes, although I didn’t seem like that.

Ah. My phone is ringing. I don’t have to see the screen to see who’s calling I recognized the ringtone.

He finally told me everything about what really happened before he left my Boss’ office earlier.

Yeah, the issue about what he did concerning Boa Sunbaenim; it’s because Boa asked his help how to write rap. Yeah, it sounds ridiculous, why Minho, but he told me it’s just because she doesn’t want a help from professional, she wants from a friend.

And the issue about why Seohyun appeared that day with the shoes –which now I wear it, and Minho’s Adidas jacket, it’s because 2 reasons. 1, at first Minho asked for her help, to buy the shoes for me, well, from the story it seems that Seohyun-sshi just ask the assistant to buy it saying it’s for her, but anyway… and 2, as the trades, Minho lend his jacket because the dearest Seohyun wants to buy a jacket for her beloved Husband on TV, yeah, no other than Yonghwa Oppa. Apparently, Minho seems to have the same size.

But why Seohyun out of all the members? She’s not even close to any guys in the group –any group, before.

Because, Minho said, Seohyun actually told him that after she knew Yonghwa for a while, she somehow can be open to a guy friend, and why not the one who born in the same year as her from the same agency. With Kibum, she still feels difficult because of his bluntness, but if it’s Minho then it’s seems okay.

More of it, when Minho accidentally said that he knew how she feels about giving a present for someone she cares about, Seohyun promised that she won’t tell anyone that Minho is seeing somehow. Although, of course, Minho didn’t tell her who his girlfriend is.

I asked Minho once again, “Did you really trust her when she said she wont tell anyone, not a single soul?”

“Hey… You know Seohyun yourself, beside what about Kyuhyun Hyung, he knew about us too, and you trusted him.” Minho answered me that time.

I shrugged, “Well, just say… I have bad experience when it comes to promise and girl friends. Not to mention, Hyun have PLENTY of Unnies.”

Minho laughs, “She doesn’t know the identity of my girl, either. Don’t worry. Besides, I don’t think that she’s the type who likes gossiping with those Noonas.”

And so that is the so called issue about yesterday, I just hope that Minho wont keep giving me heart attack by doing something surprising –like this lovely gift, but also followed with something that can make me feel insecure.

I told him that I hate to feel it, insecurity. Not that I’ve never felt it before, but it’s actually because I felt that way sooo many times back in the past, I don’t want to feel it again anymore.

Not when it seems that I began to realize that I love him more and more. You know the more you love someone, the big insecurity will start to eat you alive. I need to be the strongest one here. Now, and until the time when I supposed to make a decision about us.

Call me crazy but I’ve been sleeping with those thoughts every night. So I don’t need another form of insecurities.

Just let me enjoy the moments with you while I –no, we, still have the time, Minho. I want to say that but of course, I cant/

So know I’m back to my conscious as I saw his name on my phone, I stood up and I let a sigh just a slight one before I managed to sound happy, well, I am, knowing that at least for now, everything is finally okay between us.

“Yes? Where are you?” I said without saying hello first.

Then I heard a whistle, “You sounded so happy, Noona. I like it.”

I laugh, “Cut it out. Where are you, and where are the boys? More importantly, where is my baby sister? I need to take her back now because tomorrow she will leave so early in the morning! My mother would-“

“Relax, relax. She will be arrived in a minute. I just texted Kibum and he told me that he almost there.”

I frowned, “What do you mean? Aren’t you coming with them?” I walk across the room and just reading the schedule that posted in one side of the wall.


“Ah, that’s why I called you. I want to tell you that finally!, the management accept some acting offer for me!” His tone got higher as he seems so excited. And so do I!

“What?! Really?”

“Yes, it seems that I have a quite important role this time. Talk about timing! Whoa.”

I just remembered about how he seems so devastated because the management decided replaces him with Jjong for their so-called rumor blow up. Thinking that this is might be a punishment for the lead singer to have a relationship but also to give him a side project too. And why Minho was thinking that he wasn’t valuable enough.

“Oh my God, Minho, I’m so happy for you too! So what kind of character are you going to be? Well, I know that you and the boys will appear in Siwon-sshi but this is bigger, it should be bigger!”

“Well I still haven’t known the role yet, right now I was this close to see the producer.”

“But hey, isn’t Manager Oppa on your side by now, at least on the car?” I cant help but say this.

“My Noona… I begin to wonder which you changed into someone who kept worrying about everything lately. Where is the cool and loosen up Noona that I fell in love with?” He said in a questionable tone.

I chuckled, “So you begin to fall out of love with me, huh?”

“See? You worry too much. But at least your cynical tone never really leaves, which I’m glad to know that. And the answer of your first question would be, no, he’s not here as I’m not in the car anymore, I was sitting by myself in the lounge, waiting for Manager Hyung to come and call me to meet the producer. Then the second answer would be-“

“WHOA!”

His words got cut by my voice. I was shrieking as someone s their arms around my waist from behind.

“Noona?!” Minho asked me through the line so in a second I erased the thought that it can be Minho who surprised me with a backhug, then I immediately turning my head back as I felt the hug is tighten up.

“Who- Ya!! Baby!” I shouted as I saw Taemin is beaming at me.

“Noona~ you and Hyung are now reconcile!” He said but still in the same position. Well, it’s not really surprising to see how he can clung his arms around me like a little child, but he never really hug me like this.

“Hey, what’s going on in there?” I heard Minho asking me so then I quickly answered him, “Nothing, it’s just Baby startled me.”

“Sorry, Noona, I was just too excited!” Taemin smiled as his eyes disappears into a thin line. Awww. So cute, this 18 years old baby.

But then he exclaimed, “Ouch!” while holding his head.

Jjong just walked inside the room and he smacked Taemin’s head slightly with his note book filled by those song he writes that he carries everywhere.

“Hyung!” Taemin chuckled. Maybe he wonders why suddenly Jjong turns into Key Umma.

“Behave yourself. You can’t just hug Noona like that. Remember how you get into trouble because of the rumor you started by yourself?” Jjong passed as his gave me a slight nod, meaning that I shouldn’t spoiled their Baby leader, I mean, maknae.

“Aww.. my so-called bodyguard Jjong.” I laughed.

But in the same time, Minho exclaimed right in my ear through the phone, “What? Taeminnie hug you? How? Why? Aisshh, this kid- Yaaa, Taemin-ah!”

I pulled out the phone from my ear as I saw my sister came into the room so then I ignored Minho’s reaction by talking to Cho Hee, “Cho, ready to go home?”

“Do you want to die!?” I can hear that Minho is still grumbling so then I replied to him, “If you continue like this then you make me deaf, honey.”

Minho’s voice suddenly turns into as sweet as sugar –maybe because to get me mad at him again after all of these bloody hell arguments is the last thing he want right now, “I’m sorry, I promised I will be quiet from now. Just please tell your beloved Baby to move away from you.”

I laughed because his words, “Damn you now became a cynic too.”

“Well, I learnt from the best.” He responded, yes, still so sweetly.

Cho Hee actually wants to answer my question, but my sister waited until I finish talking to the phone as shoot!- I just realized that she doesn’t know I’m in a relationship with someone right now. Especially when the guy is Choi Minho, the one she praised recently.

So then I said to Minho to wait, as I open my mouth to talk to Cho Hee but someone talks faster than me.

“Cho Cho, don’t be surprised, my friend can turn your cool Unnie into someone really different.”

Yes, it’s Kibum, the one who’s talking. He might think that Cho Hee startled as I talked somewhat coyly earlier.

My sister turned her pretty head to Kibum, “… friend? Who?”

YAAA! Kibummie, do you want to die??

I actually wanted to say that, remembering that he knew the fact I haven’t told my family yet about my new boyfriend and his identity, but of course I cant do that, not in front of Cho Hee because it would make her even more suspicious.

I’m just send my killing stare to the 91er as the smart brain Kim Kibum patted my sister’s shoulder and say, “Yes, I mean my Maknae friend. Taemin is Noona’s Baby.” While he looked scared at me–of course, it was a part of his damn act too.

But Taemin, who heard his name mentioned, he turns his head immediately and say, “Hyung! Don’t put all your mistake on me-“

Onew shoved a chicken to Taemin’s mouth as the latter chewed it. The leader might did that before Taemin also said something to reveal about me, so I looked at Onew in gratitude. But he didn’t really noticed.

Cho Hee looked around and she laughs a little to see this view.

And under her stare, Taemin is still mumbling to Onew, “Hyung, Kibum Hyung is, ah! Really!”

“Yeah, yeah, I get it. Just eat because we have to practice in 10.” Onew nodded as he continue to eat.

My sister actually responded to what became our topic earlier as she said to Kibum, “I knew that Taemin-goon is Unnie’s favorite. She always give the feeling that she wants to put him to his pocket because he’s too cute. I personally think that he-“ she stopped.

And no one speaks out as we waited for her to continue- Onew bites his food in silence, Kibum putted his cellphone down, Jjong took off his jacket and sit beside Taemin, and the latter turned his head to my baby sister. And of course, all of them, and I is staring at her.

The silence are broken by Managers’ voice, but Kibum never let the opportunity to passed just like that. “What is it, Cho? Tell me?”

There’s a horror in my sister’s eyes, followed by her shyness that seems to return after being vanished and replaced by her confident that rarely appears earlier.

Jjong sang lightly, “The sunflower is back.”

I swear I want to laugh but I don’t. Doesn’t matter how strict I am to my sister, I love her too much to mock her, especially in front of a bunch of guys that she likes. So then I just said, “My baby sister agreed that Taemin is deadly cute, but he shouldn’t take her position as my baby sibling.”

“Noona!” and “Unnie!” was heard at the same time, of course, it’s from both Taemin and Cho Hee.

I know, Cho Hee was embarrassed because I said she was jealous at Taemin because her status as my younger sibling is in danger, and it was a lie I made up, but then she seems cant say anything since I literally saved her face from embarrassment.

She actually thinks that Taemin is so manly in Lucifer, of course she wouldn’t dare to say it out loud.

While Taemin seems sulking at me because he mumbled, “Really, I want to stop being cute.”

And as the result, we were all laughing out loud because of his words. At the end, he’s also laughing with us too.

--

Just about 10 minutes later, I walked out with my sister from the studio while I saw a girl stopped by one of the staff.

“But he really called me to come down here.” She said.”It’s the practice studio, right?”

“Hm? What’s happening?” I patted the male staff’s shoulder.

“She said that she’s Jonghyun-sshi’s friend.” He answered me.

Cho Hee is just staring while I looked at her, asking her to wait for a while.

Things like this really happened sometimes. Fans can say anything to make the staff believe they were friends with the guys, but I also think, what if at one time, the real friend of the boys really appears? Well, I met Key’s friend on the recording room’s waiting room once. So we can just think all of them are the same, besides, fans aren’t always do bad things. They care about the boys in many ways so I appreciate it when they do that.

“Jjong is upstairs-“

“Hey.” The male staff cut my words but he stopped because he heard me saying to the girl as I will take care of this.

“But he’s preparing to practice right now. Mm, I don’t want to be rude, but can I ask your name?”

She answered and then she said, “I will wait, you can tell him that I’m here. Im his highschool friend and I’m here to help him composing some songs as he requested.”

I looked at her, and she doesn’t seem like lying. So then I nodded as I walked to the studio immediately.

And when I asked Jjong about the girl, “Yes, she’s really my friend, Noona. I asked her to help since she’s genius at piano.” Is what he told me as he follows me outside to greet his friend and ask her to come inside the studio.

When the girl saw Jjong, she bowed thankfully at me as I just smiled and I can hear she said to Jjong, “So, are you okay now?”

I frowned a bit but then I realized, maybe it’s about the management’s plan about Jjong’s rumor in the near future. But if Jonghyun doesn’t talk to me about it, I wont bother him by asking. I know that he can handle it by his own.

So then I waved goodbye at the vocal leader as I walked to my sister who’s waiting for me on the lobby.

“Your work is never really that simple, isn’t it, Unnie?” She suddenly said to me.

“Huh?” I replied as I heard her while I waved to call a taxi.

“Yes, it seems to me at first, that you were just controlling their wardrobes and also another things related to their appearance. Somehow it seems prestigious.”

I laugh, “What are you talking about? It’s not that prestigious.”

She continued, “But today, as I heard many things from Oppas, seems that you do another things too. And just like what I just saw, turns out that they were right.”

I frowned, “What did you heard from them?”

“Well, they somehow kinda a bit feel guilty when you have to work on something small like helping to distributed their lunch.”

I smiled, “It’s not that a job as stylist really bound you to do what the Boss told me to do. When we became a staff, we should do anything requires at one time if it was needed.”

“And like what I just saw earlier, you even called Jonghyun Oppa because his guest is arrived.”

“If that’s the case, then I did that because despite that I’m their stylist Coordi, I’m also befriended with them. You can’t avoid having some kind of relationship or friendship when you work with some people almost 24 hours per day.”

Cho Hee nodded as she said, “That’s what they told me too.”

“Actually, which Oppa that talk so much with you? Ah, let me guess, Kibummie?”

She nodded,”Yes, he said that if Im lucky enough, one day when I can have the opportunity to be a stylist of a group, I would be just like you, who’s being able to work with a bunch of great guys.”

I laugh, “Really.”

My sister is laughing too as we get into the taxi, “Ah, but Minho Oppa said to me something interesting.”

I gulped as I told the driver the address of the place where my parents are staying right now.

“What is it?”

Cho Hee is still giggling, “He said,” as my shy sister –that somehow regained her confident from somewhere lately, mimicking Minho and try to speak with a heavy voice to be similar with my boyfriend’s voice, “’Because you are our pretty Noona’s sister, so you are our pretty little sister too.’ And after that Jonghyun Oppa told him not to tease me too much while Minho Oppa said that Jonghyun Oppa is the one who need to stay away from me.”

Damn you Minho, and your protective older brother act, I cant help but smile.

“It seems that you like them more than before, isn’t it?” I teased my little sister. “Too bad you have to leave Seoul by tomorrow.”

My sister nodded, “Yes, although Kibum Oppa told me to come around next month.”

“Next month?”

“Yes, after the group and you, Unnie, came back from foreign schedules.” She answered.

“Oh, okay.” I replied.

Suddenly she rested her head on my shoulder, “Unnie, thank you so much. I never thought that my holiday would be this interesting.”

I laugh, “You’re welcome.”

She zipped imaginary zip on her lips by saying, “don’t worry, I wont tell my friends anything about what I heard and knew from the members.”

I patted her head and say, “Good girl.”

As I thought, she’s still my baby sister anyway when she acted cutely unintentionally, “although it means that I cant bragged about having such a cool Unnie.”

I messed up her hair as then she said, “Ah, as now Hae Jin Oppa wouldn’t be around again, I hope next time when I came here again, you would introduce me to your someone special.”

“Huh?” I pulled myself a bit so I can see her.

She smiled, “Yes, the one you talked with on the phone earlier, right?” and she winked.

Shoot. The boys always said about despite that I can be dense when it comes to the things related to myself, I’m a quick-learner about other people’s feeling or related things. So I should have guess that my sister that share the same blood as mine is not really different than myself.

I smiled and say to her, “Well, when the right time comes, Cho Hee.. when the right time comes.”

Although I, myself not sure when. Or does that time will come before it ends….
 

 

*****************************************************************************************

 

 

 

 

Heeeeeeyyyy! I finally backkkk. im so sorry if this takes too long for all of you to wait! i have to work it from the computer lab, so yeah, it takes some time. but i have to continue so i try to manage somehow.

as this chapter ended, i want to tell you a couple of things concerning the continuation of this series of One Day.

1.from now on, of course, it still about Noona and Minho, but the focus will move a bit to the other 4 members for a while. but it still related to Noona in some ways.

2.if some of you wondering, no, Cho Hee actually arent going to be the second lead female character (because i want to focus only to Noona) but yes, she will appear once in a while.

3.because the gap of this story became too far to the real life, im having a bit difficulties to followed what occured in the real life. as i decided to still insert real events into the story, the next update will have a changing time line. It will jump over and will take place around after their visit to  Indonesia and Singapore.

well, that:s all for now, i hope i can manage to finish the next chapter not for too long..

i hope you can enjoy this one as well!

lovelovelove,

z.