One Day Still With an Empty Heart. (Part 2)

One Day Series

continued from the previous chapter; 'One Day With.... (Part 1 of 2)'

 

--------------------------------------
With my mind wandering around and somehow didn’t know what to do –I know it’s stupid since I bet Minho’s mother doesn’t know about me anyway, in 3 minutes minutes later, I was about to reach the dressing room while I also spotted Minho walked from the other corridor.

“Hyung!” Taemin called him, I know this boy is still somehow feel annoyed by what his Hyung has done related to me, but I also know that Minho is his favorite Hyung so he can’t ignore him for too long.

Minho nodded and I try to guess whether he knew his mother comes or not. And also wondering, has he read my message?

But then I saw someone behind him, it’s one of his favorite Noona, Boa Sunbaenim.

“Oh, annyeong hasseyo!” Taemin bowed quickly to her as she appeared.

“Annyeong, Taemin-ah..” She smiles at him.

Lee Oppa nods to himself as he just got the answer to where Minho had gone earlier.

“Um.. Sunbae, why don’t you eat with us? um.. I think my mother brings a lot of food today.” Taemin is still shy to be in front of this Asian superstar who’s actually is down to earth and she’s even more petite than me.

“Your mother is coming and bring you lunch? Stop making me so jealous, Taemin-ah…” She laughs.

I think Minho once told me that Boa Sunbaenim said she’s jealous of Minnie’s young age so I pretty much understand her joke now, and it surely makes Taemin seems awkward as now he’s smiling shyly.

“But I thought we will going to-“ Minho said to Boa Sunbaenim but then he stops his word as he stepped into the room, “Mother?”

Shoot. Here we are.

I was the last one to get into the room and there I saw everyone –The three other members, Manager and A.M oppa, also my assistants, everyone is eating along with two ladies whom sitting on the long sofa.

One of them is Taemin’s mother, the only one I have met before. Looking at her, we will know where Taemin got the adorable cheekbone and soft hair. But what’s really makes an impression is both of them are actually has the same feel of presence. There’s some level of naivety you can see from Taemin’s mother, despite that she’s more senior than us.

“Yaa, why did you let your mother wait for too long!” Kibum actually talks to Minho but Taemin is the one who’s answering, “I'm sorry, I left my phone inside the bag.”

Then Kibum realized Boa was there and so he –and the other greeted her.

And at that time, Taemin’s mother said, “Omo, I actually forgot to call you myself, son.”

“Moooom, really!?” Taemin whined when he heard that.

“Well, I came and we meet eventually so my calls would be pointless anyway.” The lady smiled as she pat her son’s shoulder when Taemin sits with her.

See? The two of them are adorable in their own world.

“Besides, you have your mother here.” Taemin’s mother pointed at Kibum and as Kibum realized it, he’s smiling sweetly to her.

Manager Oppa introduced the mothers to Boa and then she also offered to have lunch with them, but then she apologized, “I'm really sorry to be impolite but I don’t want to bother your precious time and I have to catch up with my schedule right now.”

“But Noona-“ Minho said as then Boa bowed to the mothers and the rest before she walked out from the room, followed by her assistant, I heard she said to Minho, “It’s okay, we can arrange another time.”

“I'm sorry.” His hands made an apologize gesture. It seems to me that whatever Minho planned to do with Boa is concerning her schedule. At least, the logic part of my brain said it.

“Don’t worry...” She smiles, “See you later, Minho-ah.”

Minho closed the door as then he walks towards us. I just get my plate from Onew as he said, “Noona.”

“Thanks.” I smiled to him, but then Manager Oppa said to me from the door, “Not rushing you, but there’s a schedule in about 10 minutes.”

“Oh, okay.” I nodded as I heard Minho’s mother said to his son, “I try to call you earlier but you didn’t answer.”

“I'm sorry,” He reached his bag and then pull out his phone, “I left it here.” He looked at the phone, and might be notice about my message, I don’t know.

I cant help but taking a glance at his mother. I bet she’s really pretty when she’s younger because as I can see now, even with 2 grown up sons, she still looks beautiful. Not an actress beauty kind of type, but more like motherly pretty.

In the same time, I saw the door open and Manager Oppa called Jonghyun, so he went out from the room but I don’t know where he goes. And Onew moved to sit in the corner because he needs to be by his own to listen to his Ipod and practice his lines as he’s also eating in the same time.

“Ah, long time no see.”

I turned around and realized that Taemin’s mother was the one who talking to me. I bowed quickly and replied, “Long time no see, Mrs. Lee.”

The last time I saw her –also the first, she bought a new phone of Taemin because his phone was missing. Although yes, about a week after that he found it in someplace. She came to the studio and I was the one who welcomed her at that time so naturally I introduced myself as Taemin’s first Coordi Noona.

“My son talked about you so much, you know.” She smiled teasingly, “He said it would be nice if I have a daughter so he can have a sister.”

I feel embarrassed somehow, and so I stopped eating.

“Umma!” Taemin seems to feel that way too, so then his mother said to me, “Please, please continue to eat…”

I nodded as then Kibum, who’s actually sitting beside Minho’s mother suddenly said, “Auntie, this is our stylist Noona.” And while he said that, he gave his hand, asking my help to put his own bracelet because it’s a bit loose. I bowed politely to the lady as a respond of Kibum’s words.

Of course, the lady gives her attention to me, along with Minho’s stare that fixed at me too. I can see it from the corner of my eyes.

For about 2 or 3 seconds, she’s staring at me in the same amount her son looking at me, maybe even more, but after that his mother said, “Wait... Oh, that’s why I thought I’ve seen you somewhere before.” Thank God she’s smiling.

“Eh?” slipped through my lips and Minho seems a bit confused too. Not to mention everyone else who’s listening. I can’t really focus to anything else, but fortunately I’m kind of sure that the Managers are too busy eating and talking about schedule so they aren’t paying any attention.

“Yes, a couple of days ago, I went to some photo exhibition held my colleague’s student… There’s a picture that looks exactly like you.” She pointed her eyes, “But, your eyes were blue… right?”

My picture… Oh, right. Akira? He sent me a message before the holiday that he started the exhibition. It’s his first message after what happened that day with between me and his senior. I replied and say that I will come to see as the boys’ schedule allows me.

I almost said about how can it possible as the world seems so small, because how on earth she could possibly saw my picturebut then Kibum clapped his hand and bring me back o my conscious as I blinked, “Ah, right! Auntie is-“ Then he turned to me, “Minho’s mother is a photographer.”

“Really?” I can’t help to ask. Why Minho never mention it to me?

She laughs, “Used to be. And he’s also used to be my model.” As she rounded her hand to Minho’s shoulder like a proud mother.

Minho just smiled, between embarrassed but also I can see there’s a pride in it.

So that’s why he somehow natural when he took some pictures, because his mother taught him too?

“Well, I can see why you appealed him.” Minho’s mother said.

“H-he?” Dammit, why I’m fidgeting like this? And who did she means by ‘He’? Did she…

She nodded, “Yes, that young photographer, um… The Japanese young man.”

Ah really. Now I know from where Minho got his ability on making me suffered from a heart attack, it’s in his blood, came through from his beloved mother.

Minho corrected, “Jung Akira-sshi, he’s half-Korean too.”

“Ah, right. Jung Akira-sshi. I can see why he chose you to be a model.” She gestured her hand like a camera frame using her thumb and index fingers, “You’re pretty, but not in a pretty-pretty kind of type. Good frame, good proportion, and any kind of unique make-up will do-”

“Umma.” Minho reminded her. In my mind, I thanked Minho to make this all attention to me goes stop before I can barely even think about how to response whatever his Mother said to me.

“Oh, I’m sorry if I was too blunt. It’s a habit.” She said, as then she smiled, “And thank you for taking care of my son’s appearance.”

I shook my head, and say, “It’s something that I should do, Mam.”

“He doesn’t really care too much, although somehow it seems to be change nowadays.” She added.

I smiled uneasily as thank God, my assistant suddenly apologized because she has to intrude the conversation by asking me something.

At the same time I heard Minho’s mother had turned to Kibum and say, “Could it be that way because he wants to get someone’s attention?”

Shoot.

Minho looks flustered because it easy to understand what his mother really means. But he’s not Taemin who can acts like a spoiled kid when his mother , so he just stood up and talk to my assistant about his suit.

But I can see that he looked at his mother using the corner of his doe eyes, then somehow throw a threatening look at Kibum. So it’s obvious to me, that he hasn’t told his mother yet about him having girlfriend nor telling her more further about the ‘Noona’ he’s been meeting for a while.

Taemin laughs uneasily, so as Kibum. But the latter still managed to answer, “Knowing Minho, Auntie, maybe he already got the attention.” As usual, Kibum does the smart talking.

“Omo. Really?” Minho’s mother is laughing.

Yes, Mrs. Choi. He already got my attention. I sighed secretly as I pointed at the paper my assistant showed me.

“Well, I might just wait until that day finally comes.” I heard Minho’s mother said that, whatever it means. I try not listened to their conversation anymore because now the door opens, Manager Oppa appears without Jonghyun and said, “Okay, Minho-sshi, Key-sshi, let’s go.”

Both of the boys replied, and stood up. Kibum excused himself to Minho’s mother while Manager Oppa turned to me, “Can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure.” But I have no idea what he wants to tell me.

I excused myself in front of the mothers and then followed Manager Oppa.

I heard Taemin said, “Auntie, you saw Noona’s picture, with the blue eyes? So pretty, isnt she?”

“Yes, tough blue eyes.” She smiled at me when I bowed once again before I left the room, and that’s the last thing I heard from her.

And Baby Minnie, God knows, I love you but I prayed for him not saying anything reckless this time.

As I closed the door, Manager Oppa said, “Hey… Your boss just called said about the job, so you can leave by afternoon tomorrow.”

“Oh, okay. Thank you, Oppa.”

He nodded as he said, “Now just go to the studio, followed Minho and Kibum, make sure your assistant do well.”

I frowned, “You just wanted to tell me that, about my Boss?”

“Yes. Why?” He asked. I shook my head, although I’m still a bit confused. I excused myself but then he said, “Oh, by the way, I know I havent talk to you about the continuation, but that issue with the ace,” He meant Minho, “is off. Don’t have to worry about it anymore.”

I nodded and ran to the studio. I can see my assistant was standing behind one of the camera, Minho and Kibum is filming on the stage. And I was thinking about what Manager Oppa just told me. Don’t worry about the issue anymore?

And why is that? Is there even really an issue?

Thoughts are still floating inside my mind, and before I realized it’s already a break time. I heard the produced, PD-nim shouted, “Next segment will start in 15 minutes!”

While Kibum approached my assistant, Sun-ah, to asked her carrying his suit because he wants to go to the men’s room, I was searching for his fellow member.

“Minho-ah?” I asked Kibum.

“He went there…” He pointed to the different side of the corridor.

I saw Minho walked hand in hand with a little girl, followed by an older lady. Sun-ah gestured that I should go to him, and when I looked at her ‘why?’ she answered, “Just because.”

Sighing, I ran out from the studio to follow them. I saw that he went to the room for the show’s guest star. And inside, he started to play with the girl.

“Minho. Oppa. It’s Minho Oppa.” He pointed at himself while he squatting in front of her. The older lady seems helping him to approach the girl. At first, the girl just staring at him, but then she started to run and gesturing that Minho should catching up with her.

Minho gets up and then laughing while he followed her around.

“She doesn’t like to be held in sudden. But you can approach to her slowly..” Telling that to Minho, It seems that the lady is the little girl’s teacher or trainer.

I stood there as the lady turned to me so I bowed and then walk to Minho.

He looked at me with a questioning look, so I reaching out my hand, “You can’t play with her at ease with the suit. Let me handle it for you.”

The little girl seems aware of me and she stepped back but Minho said to her, “Its okay. Oppa is here. And this Unnie is Oppa’s friend.”

I smiled at her but didn’t want to make the little girl to be more anxious. Well, because I don’t have the ability like the magic that Minho has when it comes to children. So as Minho took off his suit and handle it to me –without failing to keep his smile to the little girl, I turned around and walk slowly.

“It’s really relieving to see Minho-sshi wants to be close to her.” The lady told me, “As you see, her condition was different to another child, but I can feel that she’s nervous.”

As then Minho took the girl’s hand, they went to another room to greet all the stars that appears on the show. Minho asked them, from the idol to the MC, to say hi to the little girl. I was just following him behind with the girl’s trainer.

And when the filming is starting, I can’t help but admiring my boyfriend even more. I know that this is a job, but I know that all of this really coming from him as a person. It’s not a secret that he loves children, and it’s not that he pitied the child’s condition, he just plainly tries to understand that the little girl might feel uneasy right now that’s why he wants to help her feel easier and enjoying the time.

I can see his expression when he looked at the girl from the back when she played the piano. At the beginning it’s more like he’s as nervous as hell, as if she’s his daughter or something, but as the minutes passes by, he became amused and at the end, he looks so proud to the girl’s performance.

I’m sure, if it’s not because of her condition, I bet he would just hug her while saying ‘You’re doing great!’ but he did what the teacher told him, he bent down and gave his hand, the girl gives him double high five without hesitation while both of them beaming at each other.

Somehow, what I just saw makes me realized that despite anything happened between me and him, and whatever he did in the past week, all of that doesn’t change the fact that Minho is a decent young man.

Younger than me or not, he is the good guy that I couldn’t ask for someone better than him. Not expressive, competitive, and full of pride; those are the part of his charm, along with devoted, humble and mature. While being determined and quirky can be both; as good or bad point of him.

I know that we can’t be like this, I don’t want to be in this so-called cold war anymore, that’s why I decided not matter what, after the filming is done, we have to talk. As now I was in-charge to be with him, I will use the opportunity.

Exactly an hour later, it’s wrapped up and one by one the guest star left the studio. Key and Sun-ah already went back to the dressing room but Minho plays with the little girl a bit longer and slowly bid his goodbye. He gave me a sign as then we left the guest star’s room side by side.

At first, I want to take the initiative to talk, but he’s faster.

“I saw your message earlier. So where do you want to talk, do we need to go upstairs?” He meant the rooftop garden that we often went to in this TV station. Thank God the corridor is empty so we can talk at ease.

I shook my head, “You havent eat, have you? Why don’t we go back to the dressing room, besides your mother is here. I sent it before I know she’s coming.”

He looked at me for a while, and then he said, “Okay.”

As the silence is back, I try to make the atmosphere a bit better, “Your mother seems nice.”

“Of course she is.” He answered shortly, but the tone is not as cold as before. “And I was surprise about Akira-sshi’s exhibition.”

“You never told me that she’s a photographer.” I said.

“Well, you never ask.” He shrugged, “You also never told me your sister loves Shinee.”

I was thinking of his words. It’s similar to what my brother told me. Am I really that ignorant?

“How- ah, Taeminnie?” I said.

He nodded, “He carelessly told Onew Hyung about the beanie and now all the members know about it.”

“I actually planned to take her to meet you guys.” I smiled to myself, as then Minho did the same thing and say, “You know, earlier in the room, If I could, I really want to tell my mother who you really are.”

I looked at him and he added, “I would when the time is right.” as if he told me to take it easy, he won’t recklessly tell his mother in sudden.

We gave each other a slight smile although stiffness is pretty much still here. And when we almost reach the dressing room, I saw Jonghyun is standing in front of the door. He stood there but doesn’t have any intention to open the door or to get inside.

“Hyung? Where are you earlier?” Minho called him.

Jjong startled but then he replied, more to me actually, “Noona, mind if I borrow Minho for a while?”

I frowned, but then answered, “No…” my sentence was left hanging as Jjong said, “Thanks.” And walked to the elevator followed by the confused Minho.

I went inside the room, both the mothers was already went home, and Onew also left to his musical. Taemin is at the corner, doing his homework.

“Where’s Minho?” Key asked me.

“He went with Jjong.”

--

Only to find about a half an hour later, when we’re supposed to walk out from the TV station, Jjong went to the room by himself.

Now it’s my turn to ask, “Where’s Minho?”

Jonghyun shrugged and somehow seems like he doesn’t want to talk, “He doesn’t seem well so he went to the car first.” And he took Minho’s bag with him too.

He’s okay earlier, why suddenly he became unwell?

Of course, we can’t talk on the way back to their studio because we’re on a different car, so I send him an instant message.

Nu.Na: Are you okay Minho

Because of our current situation, I wasn’t really expecting that he will reply really soon. Less than a minute later a reply from him arrived.

 

ChoiMH: Not really

ChoiMH: I need to talk

ChoiMH: With you as soon as we arrived

I frowned. Is there something related to both of us that he needs to tell me? Nu.Na: Is there something happen

ChoiMH: No
ChoiMH: I think I just need to see you

He seems really bothered by something he even gets rid of our issue and so-called pride because of this.

Nu.Na: Okay but Managers are here with us how can we talk

ChoiMH: I haven’t eat just going to use it as an excuse

So as me and the staffs arrived, the boys are sitting on the parquet floor, except Onew and Minho. I understand his message earlier, so I went to the hall where usually the staff or anyone would go when they want to eat.

“Minho?” I called as I saw him stood in front of the kitchen table, pouring boiled water into 2 cups of instant ramen, “Do you want something else to eat?” I asked as I walk towards him.

He shook his head and then walks to the table with the cups in his hand after he closed the door.

“What’s wrong, you looked miserable.” I meant it, he did. I leaned my arm to the table while he took the other one so I bent down, then he rested his head on my shoulder.

“Y-ya Minho, what if someone came and sees us like this?” I said as then I pulled back slightly to be able to look at him.

He moved one of the instant ramen to me as he said, “Acted like you’re eating if someone comes. Don’t worry, I’ll eat it if you’re not hungry.”

I nodded as he’s just staring to the table while waiting for his meal to be cook and then he said, “Jonghyun Hyung just told me, that the management would make something related to Shinee, now has been decided that it was him.”

I looked at him as he speaks and I shook my head, a sign that I didn’t understand what he’s talking about.

“You know, some old trick, gave out news to take something, to covering another, to protect one name, to punish one particular. You choose.” He said.

I was frowning, “Did you mean, like a rumor?”

“Yes, creating one story for one reason, or many.”

“… And?”

He looked at me “Don’t you heard about something like that? And it’s finally happened to us. I mean, the other group might have experience like this, but we havent, well, until now.”

“Wait. You mean- Oh. I get it.” I finally understand, “But why, aren’t this something they created for publication, and why did you guys need one?”

He shook his head, and then he shrugged, “We don’t know either. All that the staffs said to Jonghyun Hyung is that… He might going to get something as a gratitude from the management, but now, his name would be used in story.” He sighed, “Usually, it can be like solo debut or anything, we never know. But for the story itself, the management said they could use the most appealing issue –relationship issue- also because the guys haven’t been in the spotlight when it comes to this theme so they said it’s good for the group’s image. They seem to acknowledge about his relationship with EunJung Noona, which is not too surprising, although the thing is because of her situation, there would be no negotiation with her management.”

I waited for him to talk, as he continued, “So it’s more likely that Jonghyun Hyung will have another girl.” There’s a cynical tone is his voice I can feel it.

“Wow.” That’s all I can say. Well, I’ve heard things like this, but I never know that it can be this far, “I hope it’s not going to affect Jjong’s relationship.”

Minho laughs a bit as he started to eat, “They might already aware about this when they decided to date, but the problem is… I’ve heard that something like can also be a punishment. To show what’s exactly could happen if you’re having a relationship under the radar and when you finally come clean about it. You know what will happen; pros and contras come through from the biggest judge of all, public. With this, Jonghyun Hyung would get the management’s tough love.”

“You mean… All of this, is just because he have a relationship with EunJung-sshi??” I was surprised.

“Like I said, it might be one of many reasons.”

“But what will happen to the other name involves, like the lady that will be in the rumor?”

“Publications, good or bad, it’s still a publications, right? And you said by yourself, right now Shinee doesn’t need one, so it means, whoever involved with us, somehow it’s good for their names.” He said before he chewed the noodle.

“Besides, even though people would say no news is good news, it works the opposite way in entertainment world. You better have your name inside a news, no matter how small it is, no matter it’s good or bad, because in this world I lived in, no news means bad news.”

I sighed. It seems pretty serious since the boys never experience something like this before, on one side, they were like, officially became one important item in the industry, but on the other hand, they were still young, and already carved their name to be in a so-called scandal, means it would be on the history related to your name even if you search for it in the far future.

“How the other takes this? Did Jjong tell them?”

“Maybe he did right now, or Manager Hyung tells them.”

“Well, at least it’s good that Jjong can share it with one of the members earlier.” I meant him.

Minho looked at me and say, “Actually I felt bad for Jonghyun as I showed my troubled face in front of him when he told me about this, well, everything is going to be tough for us from now on as a group, and the one will suffer from its consequences the most is him. But I think he can understand that I feel guilty for him too, that’s why he wasn’t upset to me.”

“What are you talking about? Guilty?”

He nodded, “Yes, because if this happen to him because he’s rebelling out from the rules by dating EunJung Noona, I should get the same punishment, right?”

Shoot. He’s right. Suddenly I felt slightly sick of this.

“And you know what, the whole thing about you and Lee Hyung has to keep an eye at me, is actually to keep me from getting into trouble that might be out of management’s control. It was a set, to prevent me from getting attention that management can’t settled when it was spread by the media without their concern. Because it’s not Jonghyun Hyung they will use for this in the first place. Originally, it was me.

Wh-

“You?” I asked as then suddenly someone came.

It’s one of the staff. He seems a bit confused why the door is closed, and as he opens it wide, he said, “Secret conversation, huh? I thought you have this bond only with the Maknae.”

I try to act it out by laughing and say, “It was a bit cold since I was sitting here so I closed the door. And what about me and Taemin-sshi?”

The staff just laughs and still continue this bull teasing thing, “Minho-sshi, don’t steal your brother’s love target.”

Minho smiled and says, “Hyung, why would you say something like that?”

Then the guy just take a glass of water and left but I think he did us a favor by let the door open. It’s better that way, although now we have to talk with a smaller voice.

Minho continued, “I felt both relieved and upset as I found out about the fact. I apologized to Jonghyun Hyung because he can see right away that I felt relieved when he told me it was him, not me. But I also feel upset that I was just…” He sighed, “I don’t know, to have Jonghyun pointing out at me and say that I'm lucky enough to still be able to get away from this, I felt that he’s going to be in a prison instead of me. Yes, this is going to be tough because as the news comes up, he will act exactly like the management order him to, depends on how the reaction arise after that. But at the same time, isn’t it weird that I think the management chose him because they don’t think I was valuable enough for the group? I mean, of course they chose him, he’s the singer leader, almost as important as Onew Hyung himself.”

Aw… My Minho. As usual, he would think of this from the unexpected point of view. Wait. I'm not that surprise though. My Minho is someone who’s really confident and strong but can suddenly be the most vulnerable person I know when something ticks the result of his hard work. It’s like… they successfully made him think that his work is not that hard enough.

I looked at him and say, “You know you shouldn’t think like that.” as then I pushed him jokingly, and laugh instead of being serious.

“Why??” He looked at me as if I was out of my mind after doing something cheesy like that.

Oh, yes, I forgot that we’re still hasn’t really reconcile. But then I smiled at him, “But why did you say you need to see me? Just to say this? You might already know my answer, you shouldn’t be down because trust me, everyone who knew you, would never think you’re not important.”

His expressions lighten up and he said, “I… about you, well, somehow I just wanted to see you after felt relieved… Like I said, there’s a selfish part of me that agreed when Jonghyun Hyung said I was lucky because you and I, we were not exposed, even not in the same level like Hyung and Eunjung Noona.”

So can I say that we’re going to end this cold war?

“Can I be secure by saying that we… are going to be like we used to be?” I asked him and he’s just staring at me, so I added, “Well, of course, there’s a word that I should say first, I know, I’m not that forgetful, you know.”

But he said it first, “You already said it. At least for me, you’re already apologizing, so it’s my turn. I'm sorry, Noona. I was wrong too.”

“And you’re not giving me your smile, huh, Minho?”

It seems that he realized he still looks kind of serious, so then slowly, his shy smile appears.

I patted his shoulder, “Don’t worry, you guys will get through this. Jjong is one hell of a hard worker, all of you are known because of your own effort. Besides, your time will come, Minho. Although I personally would prefer –and pray- that it doesn’t mean to have you involved in some kind of scandal first. You, along with the other 4, are already shines.”

--

Later that night, Minho came to my place and we were talking about we’re not supposed to feel this way because it’s an unfortunate situation for Jjong, but this is just like a blessing in disguise because now thanks to that issue, we’re finally reconciled.

Then I finally told him that I just tell my mother about I actually had broke up with Hae Jin Oppa, even I carefully told Minho I havent told my family about him yet. And surprise, surprise, there’s not even a slight unpleasant reaction based on his expression.

Instead, he gave me a hug and say that he was too tired because of our so-called cold war and happy because now we can be like this again, he can’t even mad or upset because of my confession.

And so because of that, when I told him that I was going to leave early on the next day, he promised that he will stay for the next night, but saying that he’s going to be extra careful from now on.

Me too, I promised to him that there would be no lie between us and he smiled to that.

As now we’re back to our normal selves, and happy with that, I just try to hide my smiley face when I go to work this morning, but I have to do it, to share my sympathy towards Jjong as I told him that everything will be okay and not going to be too bad or anything.

“So… you leave early for today, Noona?” Onew asked me during lunch time. Now we’re on the TV station for the boys are going to record an event.

“Yes, right after this schedule.” I nodded.

Right now I’m eating at the cafeteria with Taemin, Onew and Kibum, then Lee Oppa and the assistants are here too. We all waiting for the next schedule as finally Taemin can eat the meal he wanted to eat in this place.

Minho and Jjong are still on their way here from an individual schedule.

“I'm going to introduce my sister to my Boss because it seems that she wants to enter the institute after she graduated from high school.” I explained.

“Really?” Taemin finally took his attention away from the big bowl in front of him.

“Why? Are you interested because you like her taste in beanies?” Kibum scolded him, “Yaa Taeminnie, you can’t be more obvious than this!”

Taemin shoved a chicken dumpling to Kibum’s mouth right away as the latter can’t say no and just chewed it. Onew is still so focus on his own meal so he’s just pretty much listening to what his juniors was talking about. Lee Oppa is on the phone on the next table, so he doesn’t pay any attention.

“Stop your nagging, Hyung, and beside I don’t want more rumor going around after what I’ve done to Noona, and now with what will Jonghyun go through…” Taemin is a bit sulking.

Suddenly my phone is ringing, and it’s from my sister.

“You’re here?” I said to her and then explained where I am right now so she can get here.

When she appeared about 5 minutes later, coincidentally, Minho and Jjong are walking aren’t so far behind her.

“Cho~!” I stood up and wave my hand to her, at first she just nodded, but she seems a bit surprised when she saw who were sitting with me right here.

“Unnie.” She said but in a small voice I almost can’t hear her.

All of them –Kibum, Taemin and Onew now paid attention only to my sister as firstly I introduced her to Lee Oppa. And they all stood up as my sister approached.

“This is my youngest sister.” I said as then I turned to my sister, “This is Lee Jinho-sshi, he’s one of the Manager.”

I patted my sister’s back as I let her know that I’m here so there’s no need to be nervous, and then she bowed politely before she introduced herself, “My name is Cho Hee, nice to meet you.” Despite looking so shy, I think she can handle herself really well.

Lee Oppa smiled and greeted her back. He’s just as friendly as usual.

But as I introduced her to the boys, it’s a different case. When Minho and Jjong approaching to our table, I havent even said anything as Kibum exclaimed, “Cho Hee-sshi? Well, your name is just so you, my child, literally!” Well, yeah, my parents gave her name that means ‘’a pretty daughter’’, so yes, it’s so her. I have to admit that she got all the good sides from our parents’ looks.

“Hyung!” Taemin nudged Kibum with his elbow. It seems that Baby a bit embarrassed because of Kibum’s attitude.

Onew smiled and introduced everyone with a decent manner, “Hello, so you’re Noona’s youngest sister? My name is Jinki, and this is Kibummie, Taeminnie,” He looked at Minho who’s just pulling the chair, “That’s Minho, and JongHyun.”

I laughed, “Onew-sshi, of course she knew all of you!”

My sister looked down to the floor as she seems to become even shier that ever, but she still manages to greet them politely, maybe because all of them are her senior, I mean almost, Taemin is an exception.

“It’s nice to meet you all here. Um… I always listened to your songs.” She said.

The boys thanked her in a way they always do whenever someone praised them as Shinee. Well, although Cho Hee is my sister, I guess it’s inevitable for them to react that way.

We’re all sitting down, then I patted the chair beside me so she sits there, and I told her, “Don’t be shy, they’re nice. Besides, as long as I’m here, they won’t do anything bad-“

“Yaa, Noona~~” Kibum cut my sentence but then all of them are laughing.

“I heard that you’re on 11th grade, it’s the same with our Maknae, you know.” Jonghyun smiled at my sister. Because of the management’s plan of him, he still does look a bit different than our usual Jjong, but his friendly side is still here somehow.

Taemin didn’t say anything but my sister nodded.

Minho asked her, “Um.. it’s Cho Hee, right? Do you want something to drink?”

Actually I can see the others were staring at each other as responding Minho’s gesture, but I just smiled at it. It’s obvious to the others –except my sister and Lee Oppa, of course, that Minho acts that way because he just finally meet his girlfriend’s baby sister.

“Ah, no, no, thank you. I'm fine, Minho Sunbae.” My sister waved her hand abruptly.

“M-Minho Sunbae??” the 4 others were talking in unison as they looked like wanting to laugh, but then Kibum explained, “I'm sorry, we were not laughing at you, Cho Hee-sshi, it’s just that… we’re laughing at Minho.”

Minho looks somehow between proud but also embarrassed as he said, “You don’t have to call me Sunbae, of course.”

“Just Oppa will do.” Onew added as my sister’s cheek getting redder and redder.

“Okay boys, stop teasing my Baby sister.” I wrapped my hand around her shoulder as I heard Kibum exclaimed something again. But this time, he nudged Taemin’s ribs, I can see that it’s pretty strong as Baby taken back a bit.

“Minnie, why didn’t you say something like… ‘Thank you for giving me this beanie’, maybe? Umma taught you to be a good boy, remember?”

All of us, and also Taemin himself, didn’t realized at first that he’s wearing the black beanie given from Cho Hee until Key pointed that out.

“Ah, right.” Taemin murmured as he took off the beanie and then show it to my sister, “Thank you… for this.”

“It’s.. nothing special. I'm sorry.” And my shy sister once again shook her head in panic so then I said to Taemin, “She means ‘you’re welcome, do you like it?’”

“Unnie.” She nudged my hand but Taemin didn’t give any reaction, Kibum answered instead, “Oh, I was pretty sure that he wore it everywhere nowadays.”

I looked at Taeminnie, and I swear only because I knew him for a while, I can tell that he’s not being impolite, but he acted like this definitely because he’s too damn overwhelmed. The mainly reason I can think is because he got all the attention despite all of his Hyungs are beside him.

Taemin just stare to my sister as she quickly turns to me and talk in a smaller voice, “Unnie, what time do we have to be in your Boss’ office?”

I smiled to her because I knew that she’s still in a nervous state too, “We still have some time, besides, I still have to finish today’s task before we leave.”

I turned to Lee Oppa and ask, “So when can I gave them the wardrobe?”

He looked at his wrist watch and say, “The staff should inform us in a sec, but… where’s Manager Hyung?” He asks himself. “Wait, I call him first. Hey, um, both of Minho and Onew needs to meet the PD-nim first at the production department, it’s for some show.”

Minho and Onew looked at each other as the leader say, “Kang Hyung is talking to the producer right now.” usually Kang Oppa is with him during individual schedule.

I saw Kibum is talking to Cho Hee, “So I heard from Noona, you want to get into fashion major?”

“Yes.” My sister nodded and answers carefully.

“I would love to take the education if there’s a chance.” Kibum smiled. Oh, I see now Umma get his eyes on the victim. No, I don’t mean he’s targeting my sister for something, I mean, Kibum has this urge to dressed someone up whenever he got the chance. Among me and my assistants, he loves to do that to Hye Su, because she’s the tallest and thinnest one.

My sister is not as tall or as thin as my assistant, but she has this cute aura. And somehow with her shyness, it seems to Kibum that maybe she won’t say no if he suggests her about this or that.

“Yaa, yaaa, Kibum-sshi~” I folded my arms, pretend to be a protective sister.

Kibum, who’s just opened his mouth to say something to Cho Hee, turns to me and then he chuckled, “What, Noona?”

I laughed as I changed my attitude, “Nothing.”

Then Kibum’s eyes turns and I know that mischievous look on his eyes, “Oh please, just leave Minho for the protective one among us. Not you too!”

“You-“ Minho acts like he wants to scold Kibum but stopped as the latter just mock him by mimicking.

Jjong laughs and put himself as the barrier, as my sister said, more like to herself actually, “So this is what’s Unnie sees every day.”

All of us were looking at her as she realized what she just did so she murmured, “Ah, I’m…”

“Oh, you’re so cute~~” Kibum said.

Onew seems agreed somehow because then he said, “Cho Hee-sshi, do you want Minho’s teddy bear?”

“Huh?” My sister, and this time, Taemin also said in unison.

“You know, from the Hello set.” The leader replied.

Everyone is still staring at him as my sister pointed out, “Ah! Onew Sangtae!”

This time, Minho laughs is the loudest, “She’s the first one to point that out!”

My sister seems regretted it but Jjong gave her a sign that it’s okay.

“Hey guys, you can go to the preparing room right now.” Suddenly Lee Oppa said to us as he closed the phone.

“And we were supposed to wait for Kang Hyung, or…?” Onew asked him, with Minho on his side.

“You go with the others first, Kang-sshi and Manager Hyung still havent finish the meeting.”

So all of us go to the preparation room, I already said to my assistants what they supposed to do as I’m leaving early for today, and maybe, I couldn’t come too, for tomorrow.

Cho Hee sat on the corner as she just watches us move here to there.

Taemin sat in front of the mirror as his hair needs to be curled by the hairstylist, Jjong is texting someone on the corner near the window, Minho is browsing with Minnie’s Ipad, while Kibum and Onew is talking to my sister.

I called Jjong and ask the hairstylist to turned Taemin’s chair so he can join the conversation because I need to show them the wardrobe’s picture and concept for their next performances of ‘Hello’. My sister seems interested and Minho makes me surprised as he lifted his head and call her, “Cho Hee-sshi, you might want to listen to this too, right?”

My sister nodded so then I moved a bit to give her space beside me.

“Including the two sets from your MV, total there would be like… 12 sets of wardrobe.” I explained as Ae-ah gave me the papers. In the coffee table in front of us, I put and sort all of the papers as then I pointed out, “This one, and maybe this one too, would be for your TV performance in the beginning.”

“I love autumn wardrobes.” Kibum commented.

“These… “ I pointed another papers, “Are going to be the one you will wear in Indonesia and Singapore, but maybe will match them with some from this or that, as the season there is different I will put aside these jackets and give you the vests instead.”

I continued as they were all listening and sometimes suggests or asking for something. Well, my Boss gave the guys a certain level of freedom about the fashion related stuffs, so I should listen to them as well.

As I leave the seat to discuss with my assistants, and Jjong went back to his corner, I can hear Kibum continued to talk with my sister and how she told him that she likes the gray-colored theme wardrobes. I smiled secretly as that one is actually prepared by myself, before I suggested them to my boss but I didn’t tell the boys nor my sister.

The talk continues as I won’t listen but when I passed them through to go to Jonghyun, my sister answered Kibum’s question, “Unnie? Well, I always thought that she fits with this job, also because she doesn’t easily get flustered around people, not to mention the famous ones.”

Again, she makes me smile. Well, I have to, my darling, as the big sister I couldn’t be as shy as you are. So I think it’s something that built up by the destiny.

But it’s Kibum who makes me want to smack his pretty head by saying, “Of course, she dated one before, right?”

My sister’s eyes get bigger, “Oh, you knew.” It seems to me that now my sister really gets the idea that me and the boys are getting along quite well.

“We knew.” Kibum nodded but as I gave him my look, he continued, “… Something… somehow.”

“Unnie,” She called me, “You always be the youngest during your school days and in the beginning of your working life. But I think you suit this condition very well, it’s like who you are in our family.” She means on being the oldest sister once again.

“Yeah?” I smiled although my eyes still fixed on the paper in front of me.

“Who do you think she goes along with the most?” Kibum throw an easy but not that easy question.

I took a glance at them, and then shifted my stare to Minho, he’s definitely listening to the conversation although he seems not. Taemin, I just try not to laugh because he took a glance at them every once in a while through the mirror.

“Um… Jonghyun-sshi?” My sister answered as then I decided to just join them by sitting beside her but didn’t say much.

“Why?” Kibum asks as Jjong raise his head because he heard his name was mentioned.

“I don’t know…” My sister shook her head slightly, “Maybe because for me Jonghyun-sshi’s image is a bit similar to my brother.”

“Oh, so that’s why?...” Kibum nods as I was also try to think. Hm… yeah, in a way my brother has this protective sense, maybe because he’s in between two of his sisters he felt he needs to protect.

“And who’s the one that she can’t get along so well with?” Minho is the one who asked the question this time.

“Eh?” My sister asked back, as she paused for a while so then Kibum pointed out, “Could it be… your answer is, Minho?”

“Well- um it’s because Minho-sshi is um..” My sister’s voice became smaller and smaller, “Minho-sshi seems like an older brother and it might make Unnie a bit uncomfortable at first-“ then she stops because of the laughter provided by everyone, except Minho. I was laughing too, actually.

“Yaa, Noona, your sister is really good at reading people, so unlike you.” Kibum pointed out as he turned to Cho Hee, “Don’t worry, Minho is actually the father of the group as he loves being an old man.”

“At least I’m not a mother.” Minho mocked Kibum back as then Manager Oppa appeared from the door, and called out, “Onew-sshi, Minho-sshi…”

“Yes?” Both of them are answering and walk towards their Manager then goes behind the door to go outside.

“And for Kibum and Taeminnie, let’s go, you two can go to the recording room first.” Lee Oppa said, “Jonghyun-sshi will stay here.”

Me and Eun-ah followed Lee Oppa, and he said, “Your sister can go with us if she wants to see how it works.”

“Really? Thanks.” I said and then call my sister.

We all went to the recording room and about 20 minutes later I called my Boss on the corridor. When I was going to finish my call with the boss, that’s when Minho and Onew came to join the rest. As there’s no one in the hallway, before he followed Onew into the recording room, in front of the door Minho just held my hand and pat my head lovingly –one thing that he rarely did, as him being respectable because I’m his Noona, but it seems that things like this will not be an issue for us anymore, especially after we reconciled.

My boss just said that if it’s possible, I better get to his office as soon as I can, so I walked to the elevator and straight to the dressing room to get my bag.

On my way, I cant help but think that what’s Minho gestured earlier, it’s a good thing, because it helps me to think that now I can start to see him as a man, instead of always think of him as a younger boy. Whatever happened in the past days, his childish action might be just the reaction of what I did too so-

“Ah, unnie!” My assistant called out as she saw me.

“Hm?” I said and bow politely when I saw that she was talking to one of the SNSD members. I kind of knew them only because I work as their staffs but not as coordi and only for a short time in the past before I graduated.

“Can you show SeoHyun-sshi where is the boys right now? You were with them, right? And she doesn’t have so much time.”

I grabbed my bags, and my sister’s as I frowned a bit. The shy SeoHyun? The one who doesn’t really go along with Minho and Key even they are on the same age now wants to meet the boys?

She smiles at me as my thoughts of her never changed, she’s still the shy Maknae I knew from back then. And polite too. There’s no reason for me to go tough on her then I said with friendly smile, “Come on, I’ll show you. But you might already know that recording room anyway.”

She follows me but then she got a call on her phone, so on our way she stops and said to me, “Um… Unnie? I'm sorry to be rude, but can you give this to Minho, because he left this in our dorm and I promised I’m going to give it to him by myself because it’s like um… a secret… but I really have to go back because of my schedule so-“ She talked politely but also very fast as I don’t know how to focus on with all those words like ‘left this in our dorm’ and ‘it’s a secret’, so I just nodded and then she bowed twice to thank me and bid good bye before she ran to the elevator, not even waiting for my responds.

So here I am, staring at the big paper bag in my hand and inside there’s Minho’s Adidas jacket.

Great. Another question came into my mind.

Chuckled and feel annoyed somehow, I open the door and then as I see Minho, I said, “Hey, um, there’s a package for you, can you go outside for a sec?”

“Package-“ He murmured but when I saw his face, he seems like he remembered about something. So he walked out from the room as I went out again and shut the door.

I turned around as the door is open behind me.

“SeoHyun-sshi came to give you this. She said you left this and-“

“Look, this is not like what it is.” He said.

“I didn’t say anything.” I replied. But then I asked, “Exactly when did you go to their dorm?”

He looked to the paper bag and he sighed slightly before he raised his head to look at me.

“You know, Kibum told me about you often went to ‘jogging’ as usual in the past two weeks, but we both know that you definitely not in my place.” I was so annoyed because I remembered that when I told him I wouldn’t hide anything to him anymore, he’s just smiling instead of telling me about anything that he did suspiciously during our cold war days.

He stood there dumbfounded, before he murmured, “Dammit, Kibum.”

I sighed, “I'm sorry, but I really don’t have time to listen to you swearing at Kibum. I need to go to Manager Oppa and tell him that I have to leave now.” I opened the door.

When I left the room with my sister, Minho was still there in the corridor. But as I walked away, I heard the door was open by him, and it seems to me that he went inside.

--

So now I’m back from reminiscing as I saw the empty corridor.

“-Nnie? Unnie!”

“Huh?” I looked at my sister, her voice brings me back in total conscious.

“I’ve been asking you-“ Her sentence stops as she said the elevator light is blinking and also because we heard a door slamming.

“Sorry, what were you asking again?” I asked her when we went inside the elevator but she said about something else instead of answering.

“Oh, Minho-sshi.”

Minho? I turned around. He went into the elevator, but I don’t see he brought anything in his hand except his phone.

“Thanks for holding the elevator.” He thanked my sister who pushed the button so the door stays open.

“Which floor?” She asked.

He smiled, “The same with both of you.”

“To the lobby, main entrance?”

He nods as then he took a glance at me, who’s leaning my back far to the corner and avoid his stare.

So then my sister pushes the ‘Lobby’ button and somehow they converse in some talk.

I swear this is the longest elevator ride in my life.
And it goes with my empty heart.
 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! finally i posted the second and last part of the long chapter! I hope you can enjoy this as weel as the part 1. 

All of the answer for Noona's question seems likely to be answered in the next post, i hope i can finish it son :)

 

Real life event that i took for this chapter:

-The show that Minho was filming with a young pianist girl is taken from Strong Heart that aired last week.

-Once I read from some web, but i dont remember what that is, Minho's mother used to work as a photographer and Minho started modelling for her. This is true or not, I just use this information for the storyline.

-I mentioned about the boys visit to Indonesia and Singapore when they talked about wardrobe, 12 sets, it does seems to me that they promoted Hello with 12 different sets of wardrobe as Im counting.

-The grey wardrobe is from Inkigayo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40tU8XXY_L0&feature=related

-Jjong's news about his relationship. PLEASE NOTED that everything related to this news in this story is basically for the storyline, not really giving my opinion, or my speculations towards the Management or the news itself. It was plainly build for the sake of the story. 

 

 

So now Noona's sister appears, and with a name too :D Cho Hee means pretty daughter/girl, and i really want to picture her as a pretty pretty type of younger sister, i found the name itself sounds cute. lmao.

 

Stay tuned with me for the next update! Thanks for all of you who's reading and commenting, it means a lot.

I will do my best to keep the story and the drama, also will reply your comments asap :)

Z.