One Day with the Impact of Kyu Incident (part 1).

One Day Series

Makdoongie: Noona
Makdoongie: I'm soooooo sorry T_____T
Makdoongie: I almost spilled it out then goes blank and it’s the only thing came up in my mind
Makdoongie: I really really like you but as a kid to his older sister
Makdoongie: Please don’t misunderstood

That’s what Taemin sent to me after what I called as the ‘Kyu Incident’ on the practice room the other night. Two days had passed but I haven’t met my Baby yet after that.

I can’t help but smile when I replied his instant messages at that time.

Nu.Na: Don’t worry
Nu.Na: And thanks for defending me
Nu.Na: How on earth there’s a rumor about Kyu and me??

Makdoongie: Actually I’ve heard the one with Minho Hyung and Yuri Noona as well
Makdoongie: Tsk
Makdoongie: What’s on Minho Hyung’s mind??!

I chuckled.

Nu.Na: Gossips never stop

Makdoongie: That’s why I don’t want you to get involved on something called rumor or gossip
Makdoongie: It can be pretty harmful Noona

Aww, my Baby Minnie grew up to be a decent young man. And now I sounded like his mother.

Makdoongie: But I'm upset I can’t goofing around with you anymore
Makdoongie: At least for now

Nu.Na: Why, Baby

Makdoongie: Because it will raise more curiosity
Makdoongie: But who am I kidding it’s my own fault
Makdoongie: Although it’s good to know that you absent from work tomorrow
Makdoongie: So maybe everyone will stop making this big

He’s right. For two whole days I wasn’t working as Coordi, because my Boss’ called me regarding the project I have failure to participate, although like he said, I'm still going to help him on it.

And yes, when I was avoided at least by the question from A.M Oppas, unfortunately, that’s not what happened with Taemin.

Minho called me earlier and tells me how Taemin passed these two days. My Baby has been under his Hyungs’ attack. When the boys are having lunch that day, it’s been the main discussion. And from how Minho told me the story, I pictured it on my mind. Here it is;

Coming from Jjong, he kept repeating one definitely question; “It’s just a lie, isn’t it? You’re not really, I mean, No it’s not the truth… right??”

And Minnie said in desperation, “Yes, Hyung!! It’s not right! Stop it already!”

That’s from the 90er Jjong, but Onew acts totally differently; he did nothing but pointing out, “You shouldn’t tell lie, Taemin... Whatever the reason is.” and just let Baby Minnie pouted in the corner. But it’s not end there.

Kibum; known as Baby’s Umma, first thing he said is, “At that moment I thought you really like Noona. Well, because you kept brushing out my plan to play a match maker between you and Sulli.”

Baby just replied weakly, “This is last time I will tell you, Hyung. Stop talking about Sulli… She’s just a kid, and I just think of her as a younger sibling.”

“Oh come on, you’re still a baby too. And Sulli is like our own little sister…” Kibum was still pushing his main point, Minho told me.

“So then why did you being so hard to me while I practically have the same thoughts like you guys? I'm the Baby but can’t I be treated like you all too?” Minnie replied and when I heard that from Minho, I thought that if Kibum just keep that up a bit more then Taeminnie will definitely going to throw a tantrum over his naggy Umma.

Minho himself does seemed surprise on what Taemin blurted out at first, but then Baby Maknae came to clear up all the misunderstanding and faced his Hyung bravely.

“He even said to me that I shouldn’t do what I did relate to Yuri Noona back then. Well, though it’s stupid to be jealous at you and Taeminnie, but his admirations on you really are no joke.” Minho said it to me.

That’s why when he told me about how A.M Oppas responded to the ‘Kyu incident’, I felt like I want to take my Baby out from the place.

I mean, anything coming from the boys, I still can understand that it’s inevitable since them practically always together 24/7, but I don’t want Taemin to get all the unnecessary tease from the others.

When the two older guys are with the boys, Lee Oppa actually playing really brotherly in this one since every time I saw him, he’s just patting Taemin’s shoulder and once I heard him saying, “Is this your first love?”

And be responded by Taemin with just smiling bitterly.

While Lee Oppa is being nice to Taemin because he thought the group’s Baby is falling in love for the first time, on the other hand, Kang Oppa was secured himself as the most annoying A.M Hyung for Taemin. And for me too.

Because despite that I wasn’t there, Kang Oppa actually said to Taemin, “So... you got struck by Noona’s charms, huh? Don’t forget that you’re still 18, Taemin. You will get Noona into trouble if something happens between you two.”

Right after Minho told me that, I was grumbling. Saying how I want to kidnap Taeminnie, my poor Baby. When he finished telling me the story about the first day of my absence, he’s going to tell me about what happened today, but then Minho was called by someone so we have to stop talking on the phone.

I even haven’t asked him about what’s behind Taemin-Sully story that I’ve been dying to know recently.

I really can’t wait to see Taemin at work, but I also didn’t know how he will act towards me. Two days ago he said that he doesn’t want to make this worst than it already is and decide not to be near me for a while, but I think as we both know that he’s just joking –meaning that he really doesn’t have a special feelings for me, we shouldn’t care about any rumors. Unless, he felt that those rumor will impact to his reputation, then if it’s the case, I will not going to approach him. I mean, I think if people around making a rumor about us, it will make a big impact more to Taemin than to me, I’m no one while everyone knew that he’s famous as the youngest Sunbae on the management at the moment.

That’s why I want to at least talk to him.

Nu.Na: Baby Minnie
Nu.Na: Sleeping?

I sent him a short instant message because I know the boys haven’t slept yet, and I was waiting for a couple of minutes until my phone beeped when a reply came in.

Makdoongie: Hey Noona

Just that.

Nu.Na: I heard a bit from Minho
Nu.Na: How’s your day?
Nu.Na: I hope it was better than the previous one

Makdoongie: Yeah
Makdoongie: Everything’s fine
Makdoongie: So you will be back to work tomorrow?

I frowned. Maybe it’s just me, but it doesn’t seem like the usual Taemin.

Nu.Na: Not ‘tomorrow’ but in a couple hours!
Nu.Na: It’s 4 AM already
Nu.Na: Although I will be off again in a couple of days
Nu.Na: Your Hyung already complaint
Nu.Na: So don’t miss me too, okay
Nu.Na: Kekeke

Makdoongie: Okay Noona

His reply does seem different than what he sent to me two days ago.

Nu.Na: Taeminnie

Makdoongie: Yes Noona?

Nu.Na: Is everything okay?
Nu.Na: I have heard from Minho about A.M Oppas
Nu.Na: But I hope Manager Oppa doesn’t take this seriously

Makdoongie: No no Manager Hyung is actually kinda cool about it
Makdoongie: I'm just sleepy

Nu.Na: Oh sorry
Nu.Na: See you in a couple hours!

I decided to end this conversation as he seems… bothered.

Makdoongie: Bye Noona

And no 'Good night!' or any cheerful words like usual.

--

And yes, he did act differently. Taemin just smiled at me, but not exactly playing around as usual. He doesn’t talk too much even to everyone, plainly just do what he told to do without looking all interested and had this enthusiasm the way he always have.

While it’s not his turn or he has some free time, he would just sit by himself and buried his nose behind one thick textbook he brings, bought by the leader; it’s a guide about exam or something. Well, I'm not saying that Taemin never studies between his work, but today, even though he looks like he’s concentrating to read that stuff, in fact, to me it’s just makes him looks like he doesn’t read it at all, not even a line. He’s just hiding himself and when this happened to people like Taemin, one of the reason is that someone or something might had bothers him he doesn’t know what to do.

When I tried to ask Minho by message about this, he said that maybe it’s just me thinking too much.

So I just try to focus on today’s work; the boys are doing a photo shoot. Although of course, A.M Oppas are still teasing me some times, but from what I saw they don’t talk about it whenever Taemin was around.

I really felt uncomfortable with this so I texted Minho again.

Nu.Na: Seriously
Nu.Na: Taemin acts differently
Nu.Na: You haven’t told me about what happened on the second day of my absence

I try not to be obvious but I looked around to find Minho. He finished his individual shoot and now he’s eating his lunch with Kibum on the sofa nearby. I saw him taking his phone and it seems to me that he read my message.

ChoiMH: I think you should ask Taemin yourself

Nu.Na: Yeah how
Nu.Na: He doesn’t seem like want to talk to anyone

Then I looked up and I saw him are staring at me too.

Nu.Na: Please….?

ChoiMH: Noona said please to me?
ChoiMH: If I didn’t know about you two
ChoiMH: Then I might begin to believe that Taemin and you have something

Nu.Na: Come on its Taeminnie we’re talking about
Nu.Na: He’s your favorite Dongsaeng

He shifted his stare from me and texted again.

ChoiMH: When we heard that I thought its nothing
ChoiMH: But turns out that it seems annoyed him that much

I frowned.

Nu.Na: Really what is it

ChoiMH: Apparently one of the back dancer Hyung joking and ask Taem
ChoiMH: That maybe he approached a Noona just to find a new experience or something
ChoiMH: In this case the Noona is you

Nu.Na: What

ChoiMH: You know, as in 'experience'

Nu.Na:
Nu.Na: No... He doesn’t say that to my Baby

I know that it might just a joke between guys, and as much as I want to believe that Taemin is my little baby, the fact is he’s 18 years old; but knowing how he thought of me like his big sister, it must've been insulted him to be told like that.

ChoiMH: You don’t have no idea how big Kibum’s eyes when he heard that
ChoiMH: He didn't yell at the guy only because he’s a Hyung

Nu.Na: And how Taeminnie reacted

Taemin did willing to protect me from the harmness of rumor he told me that day, and now he got the impact instead. Sigh.

ChoiMH: What do you think he does
ChoiMH: Of course he just smiled

Nu.Na: He just smiled but not really smiling, didn’t he?

Then knowing that we sent the same thing, I just said to Minho.

Nu.Na: I want to talk to him

I gave him a sign by looking at him and then shift my stare to Taemin who’s sitting in front of him. But it seems Minho had a different opinion.

ChoiMH: Don’t think it’s a good idea
ChoiMH: Imagine if you just pointing that out to him

I sighed. Minho’s right. If I talk to Baby right now it’s just going to make him feel more embarrassed and awkward towards me than he already is.

Looking at me sighing, Minho sent me another message.

ChoiMH: Hey I told you about that not to make you feel upset too
ChoiMH: I didn’t see you for two days and I don’t want to your sigh
ChoiMH: Smile

I actually smile a bit because of what he sent me, but before I can reply, the door is open then I see Manager Oppa went into the room. When he managed to find me, he called, “Ah, You’re here?”

I nodded, “Yes, about an hour ago.”

“Good. Can I talk to you for a minute?”

It must be about another absent I propose for this week.

When we were sitting on the sofa in front of the elevator, Oppa is straight to the point, talking about his permission on my next absence.

I will be on my Boss’ office again for about three days starting from tomorrow and it means I couldn’t attend to the idol sport competition day. He said it was okay; since the wardrobe and everything would be taking care of by the event’s staff but he still hoped that I could at least appear to help my assistant.

I thanked him on behalf on my Boss too, and then he was suddenly laughing, “So... anyway I’ve heard about Minnie and his story-“

“First of all, I don’t know whether you already talk to him or not, but I personally think that it’s not what he really meant.” I know I was rude by cutting his words, but I don’t know, I just want to end this silly issue as soon as possible.

“Well, even if it’s true, then we all can’t do anything. No one can control his feelings, not even himself.” Oppa replied, “But the thing is, he should know his position, because I think, you already know yours.”

“I-I... of course, I do.” I answered.

“He’s still young, I know that with you or with anyone else, he would have this kind of experience but I think it’s not for now.” Oppa said to me, and he laugh a bit, “Although I think he might get the impression that it’s okay from JongHyun-goon, but you know… we never really approve Jjong too.”

Of course I knew that. That’s why I just took out my couple ring right before I left the dressing room earlier, Manager Oppa. Call me paranoid but I don’t want to raise any curiosity from you.

“Actually, when I heard about this, I don’t expect to be Taemin. Because recently, I felt that it’s Minho who might have been in a relationship with someone lately.”

I swear my heart felt like its stop beating for that second.

Did he know? He didn’t. I try to find the answer in Manager Oppa’s eyes, but I couldn’t. He can’t be read.

“I don’t know whether it’s really Yuri-sshi like other group’s kids are talking about or not, but I think Minho-goon are trying his best to juggle. You know, like how the kid loves to bail out but at the same time also trying to show his best at work so they make sure that everything went well.”

I try my best to act calmly and just said, “Yeah?”

“Well, Minho is never would be an extrovert kid like Kibum or Jjong, but I know what I knew about him. He’s like the prudent version of Taemin, and more independent too. And that’s why, when he tried to be careful, it’s actually the more I know that he’s trying to protect what he called his rights.”

He’s not the boys’ Manager for nothing, I knew that for sure. He’s right, both Minho and Taemin is the introvert of the group, but the former was tactical when it comes to analyzing situation while the latter was too naive. That’s what brings Taemin into his surprising lie.

“I'm not asking you to keep an eye on Minho or something, but I think you and Lee-sshi are close to the kids like they’re older siblings, so… Yeah, you know what I mean, we have to prevent any troubles happened to them.” Manager Oppa said to me.

“But actually they’re not really listening to everyone but you, Oppa.” It’s my humble opinion.

He’s laughing, “They just listened to me because I’m their Manager, so they should do that. That’s why, if I used the hard way, I know they would’ve just rebelled.”

Like what you use to Jjong.

Then now you’re using me and Lee Oppa to ‘persuade’ the boys in a nice way. Oh, I really don’t know what to say.

Maybe it’s only the Leader who never worried Manager’s Oppa because now I’m wondering how far he knew about Jjong, and maybe he already knew about Kibum’s new love interest. Or maybe about this unrevealed story of Taemin-Sulli, that’s why Oppa doesn’t really questioning about Taemin’s abrupt lie.

And I was too scared to think that Oppa might be, well, he could be, know about my relationship with Minho and so this is just some kind of test.

My heart beats so fast I was afraid that he could hear it by now. Really, Oppa is one of the men I knew that so cool he doesn’t need to show emotions in his face but he makes sure anyone would hear him. My father is also like this and only God knows what whenever he had a plan in mind.

“Okay.” I replied.

Then he smiled –I don’t know whether it’s because he’s good at acting or he’s just the usual Manager Oppa I knew, but his smile doesn’t look suspicious to me, and he said, “Relax, you’re the Coordi Noona, not a spy. Don’t be too serious… Lee-sshi actually was just laughing when I mentioned this to him.”

So now I really have to be careful not only to Manager Oppa himself, but also to my favorite A.M Oppa. This is such an irony.

“Oh, and just try to act normal to Taemin, he might be too embarrassed to face you right now.”

Of course I will. To be exact, I was upset because I can’t talk and express my gratitude to the Maknae because he’s on a state where he wanted to avoid everyone.

When Manager Oppa and I walked into the dressing room, somehow the atmosphere is different. Taeminnie sits beside Minho, although his expression still look bothered, but I can see that he seems better right now.

Then Manager Oppa just said to Baby, “Taeminnie, you have to be ready in 10.”

“Ah, yes Hyung.” He looked up and nod.

I took the clothes that he supposed to wear while my cell phone in my pocket vibrated. But I ignored it and say to Taemin, “Here you go. And after you changed I will help you with the necklace.” As I handled the wardrobe to him.

“Okay.” He replied shortly and then went to the changing room next door.

As he left, I checked on my phone and turns out that there’s an instant message, a short one coming from Taemin.

Makdoongie: Noona I feel so upset

Aw. My Baby.

--

“So… he knew that you had told me?” I said to Minho when he and I walked to the other studio along with Onew.

“You know I just can’t stand to see you like this,” he shrugged, “and also seeing Taeminnie looked all gloomy.”

I smiled but can’t do much because now we’re on the corridor.

“But at least Jjong and Kibum get smiley all day long.” The leader joined the conversation randomly. Minho is staring at him and then he looked at me, all looking ‘Does Onew Hyung can’t read the situation?’

I can’t help but laugh and then said to Onew in one exaggerating statement, “Yeah, there’s always a blessing in disguise. Just like how miraculously this heavy rain makes you recovered from you flu.”

Onew squinted in excitement, “Thank God now I really can sing for the musical!” and even before I can say anything, he already ran to greet the Producer or PD he knew who’s standing at the end of the corridor.

“Really, if I haven’t seen how good he is on giving solutions about the member’s problem,” I said to Minho, “sometimes he suits to be the Baby of the group.”

Minho laughed to what I’ve said and I don’t know, call me weird, but his laugh that I begin to love too much, reminded me about one thing I still cannot tell him in the eye.

--

Until the boys’ schedule for today is finished, I still haven’t talk to Taemin except about wardrobe and stuffs he should wear.

And so then at 2 AM, I bid goodbye to the boys’ as they were divided by the three different kind of expressions; Jjong and Key in the smiling section all thanks to their upcoming schedule with their girlfriend and crush, respectively, Minho and Hyung in the ‘I feel kind of satisfied on today’s work but dammit I'm so tired as hell’ section, the last one is Taemin, looked all lonely with his ‘I'm fine but just don’t talk to me’ expression.

ChoiMH: I will buy something in food stalls on my way to your place
ChoiMH: What do you want?

Those are the texts I got from him when I went into the staffs’ car that will take me home for now and I automatically typed what I just sent to him.

Nu.Na: I want you to just get some sleep Minho-ah

ChoiMH: Of course as soon as I get there
ChoiMH: Unless you have something else in mind kekeke

I sighed. Really. I want to prevent him to come, but if I just said no, or even if I said I was tired I don’t want anyone to bothers me, well that even makes him asking me a lot more question. So then I just replied with something come up in my mind.

Nu.Na: Buy anything you want to eat
Nu.Na: Be careful okay?

ChoiMH: Shouldn’t I be the one who supposed to say that
ChoiMH: One thing I like about leaving from work in this kind of hour is that you didn’t have to ride a morning bus by yourself

Tsk. Clearly he didn’t get what I mean by saying be careful. I don’t want anyone to recognize him walking around after midnight, more of that Manager Oppa to find out where the hell Minho is going to go. And saying that words he said to me, really, screw your male ego.

ChoiMH: Hey I planned to go find some pair of shoes when we have a short break
ChoiMH: Come with me?

I don’t know how many times I sigh already. Surely we can’t discuss about this by text, so I just reply it to end the conversation.

Nu.Na: We’ll discuss it later in my place okay

I leaned my back and close my eyes. Wonder why just after my 2 days absence there so much going on.
I hope everything’s going to be better tomorrow.

And once again, it appear again in my mind. The thing I still try to figure out whether I would tell my Minho or not. And if I would, when and how, I dont even know. How should I tell him that I was assigned by his Manager Hyung who he respected so much to have my eyes on him, protecting him from troubles related to someone whom he might dating right now. But then again, tell me how I’m supposed to do if that means the one I should protect him from... is myself?

*************************************************************************************

Hey!! im backk here with the part one of two chapter of Kyu Incident's chapter.

I know this is a boring one, but i hope the second installment would be better. But at least, i gave you something new (yes, related to Manager Oppa).

Is Noona going to tell Minho or not?

And how about Taemin-Noona relationship, what will happen?

The next one will be involving the sport event, although I wouldnt write all about it. So prepare for some glimpes about Key's crush Nana and Jjong's gf, EunJung too :)

Thanks for all of you who commented, and subscribing my story! im so happy..

I will try to reply it one by one later tonight..!

lovelovelove,

z.