One Day of a Short Break.

One Day Series

Some of Korean terms I used in this story:
-Hyung: older male acquaintance/ friend or siblings, called by men
-Noona: older female acquaintance/ friend or siblings, called by men
-Oppa: older male acquaintance/ friend or siblings, called by women
-Unnie: older female acquaintance/ friend or siblings, called by women
-Sunbae: senior, Sunbaenim is more formal
-Hoobae: junior
-Dongsaeng: younger friend or siblings
-Seon-saeng-nim: teacher, or someone with same level as a teacher
-Omo: expression; if one’s startled or surprise
-Jagiya: it means Honey or Sweety
-Umma: Mom
-Appa: Dad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yesterday, the big concert was wrapped successfully. Unfortunately that doesn’t mean the boys can rest for the whole day, because tonight there’s another live performance. But at least, they got a several hours for short break.

As we promised before, Minho and I will spend the break together while I’m in charged on deciding what we will going to do.

“So this is what you want to do??” Minho hissed at me while suddenly I appeared on the dorm with their manager and Unnie; one of their training Noona.

I brought some food –yeah, miraculously I made them all by myself, and also invited Manager Oppa too. Unnie supposed to go with us to the live performance because she wants to see it, so I said to her to come earlier. I didn’t tell Minho beforehand about this, because I know he would do some protest like this.

“You already know that my plan involves everyone, right?” I whispered back at him. Right now, he and Kibum are ‘helping’ me at the kitchen.

“Yes, because if we were out, there’s no other choice.” He pointed out, “But I don’t want Hyung to be here too!”

“Yes but with these, he will be less suspicious, right?” I talked back. “Besides, I want to celebrate... Taemin did his best for the last exam, so Baby deserves the feel of summer holiday.”

I unpacked the watermelon as I squatted on the floor. Then Minho followed my gesture by doing the same beside me.

Still hissing he said, “Summer? Then why don’t you take us to the beach, instead? You’re not like this because of me and Boa Noona, right?”

I looked at him. Yeah, as we all know, he seems so close to her in the concert. But from what I’ve hear Boa Sunbae is a really nice and playful person –she can get close to the craziest one like HeeChul-sshi to the quiet evil Maknae Kyu, then even makes someone like Kibum went all shy. So I’m crazy if I get jealous to her.

But yeah, my question is... What makes Minho get close to her that easily? Well, maybe the reason is because she’s easy-going. I can’t find another reason if I try to see it from Minho’s side. I thought Minho couldn’t get close to someone new that easily. Even though I know that among all Shinee members, together with Jjong, Minho is the closest one to that famous singer Unnie.

No, I’m not really a jealous person, really, that’s why I’m not going to point out like a crazy girlfriend.

“Seriously, Minho?” I showed him an annoying face.

“Yes, because I can’t find another reason you’re being like this and also because I was mad. With Hyung and trainer Noona here with us, how am I going to do if I want to be pampered by you? I can’t kiss you anytime I want. You want to bring summer to Taeminnie, but what about me?” he spread his arms wide open with his sulky face.

I wanted to laugh but Kibum suddenly bent down over with both hands in the waist, “Yes, Noona and silly Minho, you’re still can enjoy your time but NO, you can’t kiss whenever you want EVEN if there’s only us members, you two will taint my son!” He refers to Taemin.

“taint- yaa, Kibum!” both me and Minho exclaimed as Kibum rolled his eyes.

But then his expression changed immediately when he saw what I’ve been holding, “oh! Watermelon!”

His eyes sparkling like the watermelon is a precious stone. Then he grabbed and taking it, “I always want to eat this through the summer.”

After he said that he’s just running out from the kitchen leave both Minho and I stood there, “Everyone~ look what I got in here?” as I can hear –but couldn’t see the others’ reaction.

But then I saw Kibum appeared again without the fruit in his hand, “ah, sorry Noona, I’m too excited! Thank you for the watermelon!” and added with a smaller voice, “Fine, you two can do whatever you want but not in front of Minnie!”

I laugh when he’s back to the living room as Minho said, “Well then, thank you watermelon.” And he’s just wrapped his arms around me and by a single pull he turned me around to face him.

I shrieked but then covered my lips with my own hand while Minho did the same thing he put his hand over mine too.

“Ssh!” but he can’t help but laughs. “Or someone will come!”

“Then why did you do this?” I put my hands on the waist, his arms still around me.

“We’re too busy for the last one week and I’m too tired to bail out to coming down here.” He whispered although there’s a wall between kitchen and the living room, but still...

He gave me that look so I just rolled my eyes, “oh, fine...”

Besides, he’s right. This week, he’s been into many shows with the other fellow members, then did many hours of dance practice and still did some training for concert too, just to make sure his leg is okay. He’s just passed out by the time he went back to his dorm, while in the morning before we met for work, he often texted me and saying, ‘I fell asleep in the couch with my ‘jogging’ clothes.’ or ‘I was going to your place, but I’m too tired.’

I sighed every time I read that kind of message from him. Even I’m just their Coordi Noona, I was down because overdoing my work so I really can’t imagine how exactly the boys through all of this.

Back to the present time, I put both of my hands to his cheeks, and tiptoeing to kiss his forehead.

“I miss you too, Minho.” I said to him while he moved forward, so I added, “What? Whoa-“I pulled him slightly because he bent down to kiss me.

“What?” he asked back.

“Okay, this is really frightening.” I said, “Manager Oppa was out there!”

Minho sighed as then he pulled away his hand dramatically, “You’re right.” And in 1 second he’s already open the fridge to put the ice cream I bought for Taemin.

I just look at him, feeling terrible, actually. As I took out the steak I cooked freshly for Baby to heat it up with the microwave he said, “Can I come to your place tonight, Noona?”

“Hm?”

“Well, after the live performance-“

“Like you ever ask me before you come.” I laughed, “yeah, sure.”

“You know, recently I kind of hate that idea-” He replied, but then stop because someone came to the kitchen.

“Noona~~ other than watermelon, what did you bring for us? Kibum Hyung cooked pasta earlier, but I’m still hungry...” Turns out it’s Taemin, so Minho seems less tense.

Taemin rubbed his tummy and looked at me, “give me some food, Noona… Anything.”

I patted Baby’s head, even though he’s way taller than me, “well, like I said, today’s yours so... I brought your favorite ice cream-“

Minho lifted one to show his younger fellow, “see?”

“Waa...” Baby took it but I stop him.

“Wait.” I pointed to the microwave, “You have to eat this first.”

“What? What is it?” then Baby approached to me to get closer to the microwave. “Hmmm... ah! Steak!?” He’s staring at me, “Steak, isn’t it.”

I nod, “Sirloin, your favorite.”

Excitedly, he lifted both of his hand in the air, “uwaaa~~ I love you, Noona!”

“I love you too, Minnie.” I followed his cute gesture –if my friends saw me right now, they couldn’t believe that I can be like this. As I’m still cheering with him while waiting for the steak, Minho opened all the food containers and then put it all in two big trays.

“Hey Kibummie! Can you help me with these?” He shouted to Kibum on the living room.

Kibum is replying, but what he said is, “Jonghyun Hyung is coming!” and yes, Jjong is the one who appeared on the kitchen.

He sighed, “Things I do for the kids.”

I thanked him by patting his shoulder when he gets one of the two trays.

Then Minho took the other one and say to me, “I know it’s for Taemin, but thanks for the food.” As he walked pass through me and Taemin after give me a peck on the lips.

“woo hoo~~” Taemin whistles as I pretend to grumbled but then of course, I’m also laughing with him.

Well, we all are enjoying our short break –Unnie shows her dancing skill by doing some new dance moves with Kibum and Taemin, they even said maybe will suggest it for the boys’ choreo. Then Onew pushed Manager Oppa to the front of TV screen and turn on the karaoke, we all wanted Manager Oppa to sing at least once. And he did, twice, one song from Rain Sunbaenim, and one is Lucifer. I laugh so hard even I fell to the floor together with Jjong when Oppa did the ‘shaking’ dance move.

Minho, all that he did was laughing like crazy. But I can see him keep yawning as he slouched on the floor, with his head leaned to the sofa.

“Noona... thanks again for today.” Taemin smiled as then he whispered, “I hope Hyung wouldn’t be mad at me all of your attention towards me.”

I laughed as I saw Minho, Jjong and Kibum walked to their own bedroom to get ready to go to the TV station, “of course not... despite that he acts like he’s jealous, he admires you too much as a Maknae to be mad at you, Baby.”

Taemin beamed at me as I pushed him slight, “go get change, and be ready in 5.”

“Yep!” He saluted and then walked to him room.

Onew suddenly appeared beside me, as I put my hand on the chest, “Omo! You’re scaring me.”

“So you’re not coming tonight, Noona.” He asked with chicken stripes in his hand. He’s ready to go because he already put on his backpack, yet he’s still eating.

“Nope. But that’s why all of you get more freedom.” I joked. Yes, for tonight’s performance, their clothes were arranged by the almighty Key himself, he did it for the concert’s press con too.The leader nodded to my joke as then he walks to get another chicken stripes, I just shook my head and laugh a bit.

“Noona, what’s exactly Seon-saeng-nim wants you to do?” Jjong asked me as he walks out from the room, putting on his jacket.

Mblaq’s Coordi and I will go to meet my Boss as he asked us –his juniors slash students, to help him designing clothes for a rookie group. Mblaq is not going to perform these days while I’m still have plenty of work in my hand with Shinee so I guess my portion will not as much as my friend.

“He wants to see my sketches.” I answered him, “Do you want me to pass some message to Joon in case I meet him later?” I knew Jjong and Lee Joon are quite close.

“You’re going to meet him?”Jjong’s eyes widen, like usual when he talks.

“Well, I’m going to meet their Coordi, but I still don’t know where, maybe in the working place.”

Then Jjong said, “Then tell him that I’m busier than him right now.”

“Oh, you meet those freaks? Tell Mir, can he change that wallpaper of his laptop?” Kibum suddenly comes up and said to me.

Onew and Jjong because of that they said the wallpaper is Nana’s picture. But Kibum denied it by saying, “It’s for his own good! Nana will be scared of him if he acts like a creepy stalker!”

But as Manager Oppa walks into the living room, the two once again teased Kibum with a smaller voice, “And you’re not a creepy stalker?”

“No, hell no, I’m not a stalker!” Kibum exclaimed and it makes Oppa stared at him.

Then I said to them, “Okay boys, just leave your Umma alone.” and to hear that, Onew-Jjong combo just laughs.

“Thanks, Noona.” Kibum chuckled.

“Anytime. But you know what, surprisingly; you have a good taste in women. She’s just as cute as a freaking doll.” I whispered at him.

His eyes grew bigger as then he pointed out, “yaa, Noona! Really!”

I laughed and then pat his shoulder, “Just kidding. And thanks for letting my baby to wear something simple tonight. Turns out you know how it suits him very well.”

“Baby?” Kibum asked as at the same time Taemin appeared and point to his nose because he heard ‘Baby’.

I blinked for a several times. Dammit. Who I really meant is Minho. And why the hell I used the word ‘Baby’ referring to Minho?? Not to mention Manager Oppa isn’t too far from us.

That’s why I’m just going to pretend that I was talking about Taemin. “Um.. Yeah. Minnie looks good... in that black-“I stuttered and stop as I can see from his face, Kibum understand immediately what I really.

He smirked and play along with my mistake, “sure Noona, of course I understand what kind of clothes that looks good of Taeminnie.”

Minho, who’s standing in front of the door, seems to listen to what I said earlier. His content feelings show from this silly expression on his face. I grunted slowly but also embarrassed. I bet Kibum will tease me after this, not to mention, Minho might does the same thing too.

“Are you guys ready?” Thank God, Manager Oppa called them. I never feel this happy of his presence.

All the boys walked out, Kibum and Minho are the last one. I also went out from the dorm, but not going with them.

Minho just showed me his phone –per usual, and I nod slightly as I get what he meant; always turn on my phone because that’s the only way to communicate.

As Manager Oppa droves the car, I wave my hand to them, “Break a leg!”

“Bye Noona~~” Taemin shouted from the open window.

I turned to another way to walk to the nearest subway station. And when I just arrived at the gate, I stopped to open my phone because it’s vibrated. And I already got one message, from none other than Minho, so then I read it.

“If you meet Joon Hyung, tell him not to round his arm around you or he will meet against the ace and not as a team this time. I’m looking forward to see you tonight. Don’t enjoy your working time with your Boss too much, just looking forward to see me too.”

I frowned, “didn’t he feel embarrassed to write something like this?” I laugh a bit as I saw a kiss emoticon after the last sentence. What the hell, Minho never put something like this, at least until now.

But then I just reply it,

“Don’t worry too much, silly, Joon wouldn’t do such thing in the working place. And what’s with the emoticon? People are staring at me because I’m laughing by myself when I saw it.”

And his reply came about a half an hour later,

“Joon? Joon Hyung?? Why did you suddenly text me saying about him? What do I have to worry about you and Joon Hyung? What? And what emoticon?”

Once again I stopped right in front of the building where I supposed to meet my friend, and then I called Minho. I talk right away as he answered my call after 3 rings.

“Minho? You texted me first, you know...”

“What?” Minho said as then I can hear someone’s laughing behind him. “Wait...” he paused and talk to someone before he talked on the phone again, “It’s Jonghyun Hyung! I was sleeping at the car earlier... But what’s that about Joon Hyung?”

I shook my head and laugh, he still asking about that?

“Nothing! Just check the message Jjong sent to me from your phone then... He’s just playing with you. And besides, I’m not the one who ran to his arm and got swirled around in the middle of the stage...” I said that, but then... Why did I say about it, again?

“…” He didn’t say anything, as maybe, maybe he wanted to call me ‘Noona’ or even ‘Jagiya’ as usual, but he cannot because there are many people over there.

Then I just said to him, “Sorry, sorry… I’m just kidding, okay? Anyway, I’m already arrived at the place, so I have to go now... talk to you later?”

There’s no reply for a while but just a sigh, before he said, “Okay...”

“Bye~” I tried to sound cheerful although I feel bad. Really. I didn’t mean it. .. Did I?

--

And so when my work is done with my boss and that friend of mine, I just went home because today’s still very hot outside, even in a night like this.

I arrived at about 8 and Minho just texted me that he will come at 10, so I decided to browse in the internet. Things I found interesting when I browse is to read news article and fans blog about the boys. So many of them talking about Boa Sunbae and the cake incident.

I just shrugged and then make dinner as I haven’t eat anything since lunch, and after that I continue to browse as I’m eating. I search for some drama or movie, I feel like watching something right now.

Then around 9.45 when I’m still watching this movie I found, I heard the intercom bells ringing. It’s him. I entered the code and then went back to watch the movie because it nearly the ends. And when the door was open, I heard him taking off the shoes on the door way and walk inside,

“Ah~ it’s so hot outside! Hey, this is from Taeminnie, he bought you tart because he-“ Then he stopped as he saw me, “J-jagiya? Are you crying? What’s wrong??” And he rushed into my side.

I laughed embarrassedly and before I can say anything, he asked again, “Is there something bothers you? I-I..” He cant say anything but while he‘s staring at me, his eyebrows curled in a way that make those beautiful pair of eyes even looks more worried.

I poked him slightly and I pointed to the laptop. Yes, I’m crying because of the movie.

“w-what?” His eyes shifted to the screen for a second but then back to me.

“I’m fine, it’s-it’s just the movie is too sad.” I still sobbed.

“Eehhh??” He exclaimed as then he just slumped to one side, “you love to make me suffer, you know that! I thought there’s something that makes you- yaa... Noona!”

But he did sigh in relief. I just looked at him while he continued, “I didn’t know that you’re the type that can cry easily over a sad movie... I never even saw you crying like this. Not even… At that time.”

I tilted my head, ‘that time’? Ah, he must talk about when I was upset to my ex and threw my phone in front of him.

“Well, my tears for him were already dry at that moment.” I mumbled but then I added, “Ah, just forget it.”

We’re sitting on the parquet floor because I put my laptop on the coffee table, and he’s sitting a bit behind me. He bent forward to see the laptop and asked, “Was it really that sad, the movie?”

Now I’m sitting between him and the table, folded my legs and rested my chin on the knee, “There’s um... There’s one particular dialogue.” Shoot, I was embarrassed by the fact that I cried over a movie.

“Hm?” He replied shortly as he wants me to continue.

“There’s a pair in the movie, and one of them is like... Loving the other one without knowing that they’re actually love each other, but the situation wouldn’t allowed them to be so.. And when that person was drunk, there’s a saying like... ‘Can you please just.. Disappear?’ or something like that. I think, it’s not really mean that way, it’s just.. The pressure of being caring but cannot help to feel insecure is definitely could kill, don’t you think? To the point where something cruel like that finally been said... I definitely feel sorry for one of them I just can’t decide which one…” I just blabbing so much, Minho’s just staring at me while I’m doing it.

As then I took one deep breath to stop my sobs, he took me in his arm, and then patted the back of my head, “Sshh... It’s just a movie..” He lets me to lean my head close to him.

I pulled myself and laugh, “I know! Then why are you like this, it’s not that I actually feel sad or anything...”

But still he pulled me back again and now rubbed my back so I couldn’t move, “Still… No matter what the reason is, you’re crying right in front of me, what do expect me to do?”

I smiled as I buried my head on his broad chest, but then I heard him saying, “I just hope you’d never be like this because of me.”

I frowned as I look up to see him.

“Crying because of a movie, I can handle that. But if someone as tough as you, crying because of something that I did… I can only imagine how much pain that I brought to you.” He said it, now with a sad smile.

An old habit of Minho; blame everything on himself. That’s what came into my mind.

I blinked to shed away the tears and then I get up, “Tsk, why are we worried over something that’s not happen, at least in the moment, anyway?” But somehow for me, my tone is not really convincing. I went to the kitchen to find something to drink.

He’s a bit startled because I got up and walked from him as then he moved to sit on the sofa. When I went back, I gave a can of cold beer to him and he asked, “Really, it had nothing to do with the movie, but can I ask you something?”

“What is it? Minho, you make me scared.” I laugh a bit.

“Are you really okay with the fact that I’m getting close to Boa Noona?”

I sat beside him, “Yeah... Really. Why?”

He shook his head, “Nothing... For a second, you made me think that you’re bothered. But then, seems like you don’t. I don’t know, from long time ago, I just think that I should be able to understand the one I’m with. In this case, it’s you. And you made it more difficult for me to master that.”

We’re facing each other as I tilted my head. My elbow rested on the couch and I relaxed my head by leaning on my hand. I’m still staring at him, “Well.. If, I said If... If I do feel bothered about it, what would you do? Are you going to stop talking to her?”

Blinking his doe eyes, he said, “To stop talking... is a liiiittle bit too much, isn’t it?” He squinted as his plea.

I said, “But I thought you want to protect me from getting hurt, right?”

“Well, yeah... but..”

“But what?”

He answered with a small small voice even I have to lean forward to hear it, “But... I thought you wouldn’t get hurt by that kind of friendly gesture.”

I put both of my hands on the waist as I yelled, “Yaaa, Minho-sshi!”

“Okay! Okay!” He covered his head by his arm, as if I’m going to hit him, “If you said so.. I will do it.”

I put my hands down and then scoffed, “Really..? Well, that’s easy. But no.”

“Eh?”

“Fine, I’ll tell you. This is just because I don’t want you to think that I don’t care. But I’m also not a jealous girlfriend or anything!” I pointed at him.

He took my hand which just pointing at him and played with my finger while I continue.

“I do.. Feel like, ‘what the hell, Minho, showing off attention in the middle of the stage like that?’ and also… I do feel awkward to the fact that um, it seems so easy for you to get close to her. But as for me, if I put my trust on someone, I don’t get jealous easily. So if I might say, I’m not jealous of her, but.. I do feel jealous to the fact that you could show something like this towards her, your senior, in front of many people, while... me, that you claimed to be the one you’re with, I never going to have that chance...” I shrugged while I finished my long long sentence.

Wow. It’s been a while since I pour my feelings this easily.

“You know I always want to show off to everyone about you, it’s just.. I don’t want to risk this. Us.” He said.

“I know. That’s why. Besides, the world doesn’t need to know who you miss. At least I know, and that’s enough. Wait, it’s me, right?” I joked.

He’s stop staring at my finger, and just look me straight in the eye.

I added, “But no. I don’t want you to stop talking to her, or stop meeting her. God, I’m not a paranoid. Besides, I'm dating someone who works in a world full of pretty ladies. I would go crazy if I have to feel jealous to each and every one of them. So I think I'm going to handle it by the opposite way.”

And what happens next really isn’t not what I expected. Minho’s beaming at me, and he just grabbed my arms, holding me the way he hold a child and lifted slightly before he keeps me close to his embrace. Suddenly I felt like I’m Yoogeunnie.

“M-minho!!” I yelped as he threw his back to the sofa, lying there and pulled me with him.

As we lay down, he laughs heartily. “Ah, really Noona!” He said between the laugh, “You are really the best that I found!”

I frowned but I can’t do much because I’m trapped in his arms. I get up by rested my arm on his chest and looking at him, “What do you mean?”

He smiled as I can feel his hands are linked behind my waist right now. And then he said, “I felt so happy and overwhelmed during the concert, and I admit I was a bit too much then when it finished last night, and I walked down from the stage, my mind became clearer and realized what I have done... Not to mention, you left early so I was like... I feel guilty towards you but I can’t ask you right away.”

He’s right; I left early because of my side job with the boss.

“So you relieved now? Are you happy now to know that I’m not mad?” I asked. My tone sounds a little bit harsh somehow.

To hear that, he shook his head, “Not only because of that. But more because I heard it coming from you, that you trusted me. Well, I really don’t have any intention when I did those actions, but I still worried that you might upset..”

“Yaa~ Minho.. You really-“ I sighed, “You’re lucky that I don’t give a damn about this, but if you’re with another girl, she might just strangled you right here right now, knowing that her boyfriend is happy to shower so much affection to someone else in from of thousand people like that.” I slapped him slightly.

Then his expression slightly changed, “But.. You’re really okay, I mean-“

“This might sounds like an arrogant to you, but.. You became close to her since the beginning of Lucifer’s prep, it’s even before I meet you intensively, so I think.. If you do feel attracted to her in that kind of way, why don’t you just run to her, instead of choosing me in the end?” I said it, but why I feel so embarrassed I can’t look at him in the eye?

He didn’t say anything, maybe he still try to understand how can I said something like that.

I added quickly, “Ah wait! Maybe you did attracted to her, but as she’s an idol, you think that it’s impossible and if it was found out, it will go crazy-“

He shook his head and it makes me stop blabbing. Then he release one of his arm, and just fix his hair by pulling it relaxedly and said, “No, you’re right... That’s what I will do if I attracted to her, but I don’t. Not on the same way I do for you, if you know what I mean.” He yawned as then I can see his eyes are teary. He looks so damn tired.

Running my hand slowly to his short hair –yes, he just cut it a bit shorter right before the concert; I asked him, “You never really tell me why it has to be me.”

He laughs, “You never tell me your reason either.”

I frowned, “Do we need a reason that define why we have this feelings?”

“Yes,” He pointed out, “And No. Yes, because I believe we can point some reasons, but no, because we don’t really need to. We just feel it, the feelings are mutual and that’s it.”

“Right.” I nod agree.

And then he frowned, but looks amazed in the same time.

“What?” I asked.

“It’s kinda rare for us to be agreed upon one thing without arguing, don’t you think?”

Now it’s my turn to laugh, “So you don’t feel it’s weird if I argue with you every day, but you feel strange by not arguing? Wow, what a boyfriend I got here.”

He poked my cheek slowly and then said, “And so I can’t make you jealous that easily, huh? A part of me actually hoping that you would feel jealous after you saw me with Boa Noona.”

I chuckled, “You really are something, you know that. Well, I’m a human; of course I could be jealous.”

“Yeah? To who?”

“Like I would tell you that, Mister.” I chuckled.

“You-“He exclaimed but then he moved his arm that still rounded my waist so I was pulled to him before he kissed me right on the lips.

I smiled as I kiss him back. For me, moments that we share like this –just the two of us, is more than enough. Because this is the only way we can make it.

He deepened the kiss as I can feel his hand on my back moves under my shirt. I giggled because it’s ticklish and though I couldn’t see it, I can feel that he’s smiling.

Just by one move, he turned us around and carefully laid my back on the sofa. I rounded my arms on his neck as we continue kissing. There’s a second or two when I broke the kiss to breathe from some air and when I opened my eyes, he would do so and then kiss my forehead, to my right eye, then my cheek, before he kiss me again. His hand held the clasp of my bra on my back but then-

I choke as I’m laughing. I laughed because suddenly his stomach growling.

He groaned but then still pushed me down by kissing me again. I’m still giggling but his kiss stopped me. Although... it seems he’s really hungry because just 5 seconds after that, it happened again. Now I can’t take it anymore. I laugh out loud as he grumbled.

“Why nowww?” And his eyebrows arched cutely like always every time his lips curled when he’s sulking.

“Did you eat dinner?” I asked him as I’m still lying there.

He nodded and his face looks confused.

“You’re tired, sleepy, and hungry.” I counted the 3 points with my finger, “what would I do about it as a good girlfriend?”

“Just stay like this.” He bent down to nuzzled to me, “And all the things that make me tired will be gone.”

“But what about your growling stomach, huh, big baby?” I patted his stomach playfully with the back of my hand. Then I smirked a bit because I can’t help but thinking, how well and build his body is.

“Well... I can eat you.” He said to my ear, knowing that I always feel ticklish right there and so I flinched because I laugh.

“No, seriously. What do you want to eat; I can cook for you..” I sat and it makes him pulled back as well.

“I said it.” He gave me that look. His doe eyes are pleading.

But once again, he looked all tired, sleepy, and hungry to me. So then I stood up and patted his cheek, “Don’t look at me like that, I wouldn’t reject you for the world, but it breaks my heart every time I looked you and the boys have to skip meals or got less sleep.” I kissed him on the forehead as I walk to the kitchen, “Now just one time, can you be good by answering my question first... What do you want to eat, Minho?”

He followed me as he wraps his hands to my waist from behind. Really. He still didn’t answer for a while, but as I turned to look at him, then he answers slowly just like a little boy, “… I’m craving for ramyun.” He does love ramen or ramyun, so I can already predict.

I laugh, “Then ramyun it is.”

I let him stay close to me like this as I opened the storage over the sink. And before I lift my hand, he took the ramyun first –it’s so easy for him because of his height, then he gave it to me.

“Thanks.” I thanked him, “Do you want me to put an egg too? Or maybe you want fried eggs?”

He nodded and this time, he let go of me to open the fridge as then he closed it again. “It’s okay, just ramyun, because there’s no egg.”

“Really?” seems like I forget about it too, “I’ll go buy then.”

“W-what?” He exclaimed.

“What? The convenient store is just about 3 minutes from here.” I walked to the bedroom to get my bag.

“But it’s almost.. 11!” He followed me but stop at the door.

I laugh, “Do you really think I never walk there when I’m craving for something in the middle of the night like this?”

“Wait. There’s no way I would let you walk alone at this kind of hour.” He grabbed my wrist.

“Minho, to let you come here is already risky enough, don’t you think?” I said. It’s true, because even though my apartment isn’t really close to the avenue, but the convenient store, along with some shops, is really near the main street so even to this hour, there are many young people around.

He sighed. “I’ve been thinking about this recently and I really hate it.”

“Hm?” I replied as he releases my hand so I can walk out from my room.

“This. Go and stay at your place, instead of mine. I’m the guy, admit. And now even you have to go out alone in the middle of the night just to get something for me to eat.” He folded his arms, looking pissed.

“It’s nothing, don’t take it seriously.” I brushed it off by laughing.

“Why am I not older than you? It must be tiring for you, right? Then soon you’re going to be sick by all of this.”

I stop on the doorway, and turn around to look at him. I bet he’s as tired as hell as his mind wouldn’t work in a right way. I would be happy to argue about this if he’s not in this state.

“Don’t think too much. You know the one who loves to think negatively between us is me, not you. Don’t take my role, sweety.” I kiss him lightly on the cheek, “I have to hurry, because the show will start soon!”

Yes, the show with Onew as one of the MC. Tonight is the second night the boys appeared as a guest star. I don’t usually watch TV, but as Onew gave me the recording version of last week’s show, I laugh so hard as the boys were so funny, then I decided to watch this week’s episode.

He seems like he wanted to protest but then he just sighed and say, “Come back soon.”

I waved my hand in a hurry before I walked out through the door.

Tonight’s the air is still. Even if there’s a wind blows, it’s a typical summer wind. Not refreshing at all. Oh, I miss my air-conditioning room.

As I arrived on the convenient store, I took a box of a dozen eggs and a pack of cigarette before I’m rushing to the cashier.

Less than 2 minutes later, I already on the way back to my place. I look around and see there’s a bunch of people walking around; either in groups, or couple who walks hand in hand. I smiled a bit as I saw those couple. Feels good isn’t it, being so in love and doesn’t want to be away from each other, even in such a hot summer night like this.

When I walked to my place, as I open the door I heard the TV is on. So then I smiled as I took off my shoes immediately and walk faster as I just put the egg and cigarette pack on the kitchen table. But then I stopped as I saw Minho.

He’s lying on the sofa as he fell asleep. Folded his arms, he seems like he feels cold. So with a smile on my face, I just went to my bedroom to take a blanket for him. I changed my clothes first, and then as I lift the blanket on my arm, I saw my phone is vibrating. It’s from my mother. When I took the phone, it turns into miscall.

Then I walk to the living room and carefully, put the blanket on Minho. After that, I opened my phone to call my mother. I went back to my room so I wouldn’t wake Minho as I’m talking on the phone.

“Hello, Umma? I’m sorry; my phone is in the silent mode earlier.” I said when she answered the phone.

“Have you done with your work, I want to call you this afternoon, but I don’t want to bother you.” She said.

We used to call each other for once every two or three weeks. Umma and Appa lives in Busan so I can’t meet them very often. My youngest sister still lives with them while my younger brother is in college here in Seoul. Yesterday, my mother and I had talked so I wonder what makes her call me again today.

“Appa’s getting better, right?” I asked her right away. My father just got an injury when he went to the project sites a couple of days ago as he’s the contractor chief.

“Yes, yes, he’s fine. I just want to tell you about Hae Jin-goon. It’s nice to see him again after a while.”

I frowned. Wait. What? Hae Jin? “Hae... Jin?” I asked her as if I heard mistakenly.

“Yes..” And now my mother seems a bit confused. “He came to our house this noon, your sister and I met him. He said that he came to Busan to meet his parent, so he decided to visit us too. The last time we saw him is... When is it? A year ago, right, before Christmas..”

Hae Jin came to my house?? What is he doing? I mean... although my parents live in Busan right now, it’s not their hometown. But for Hae Jin, Busan is really his birthplace and I know that. So around Christmas last year, we went there together to see our parents. And then what happened was he took me to see his family, and then went to see mine too.

It’s not long before things get ugly between us, actually. And what I forget to tell my mother is that… Hae Jin and I already broke up. Well, it’s not that I forgot to tell, but I don’t feel like telling her. My parent isn’t the type who wants to know every detail about their children’s relationship, maybe because I’m the oldest too so they think I can handle it by myself pretty well and they rarely ask too.

My mother likes Hae Jin although she’s not like most mothers who have her type for a future son-in-law, so I think it’s fair. She takes our relationship pretty well. But now, I can hear from her tone that she was impressed by what Hae Jin did –whatever he means by doing that. Maybe he did that to be polite but still, I feel weird.

“He… He’s back in Korea for a couple of weeks.” I just said it to my mother.

“Yes, he said that he will be going back to Japan. Omo, you must feel lonely all of this time, don’t you, sweety?” My mother said to me, “Call your brother to meet up when you’re not busy, although you two always arguing back then, but you can use his company. Both of you are grown up now.”

I can’t help but laugh, “Umma! Why did you suddenly like this?”

“Ah, I don’t know... Maybe because I met with the one who’s so endear to my daughter, I just realized that you’re not a little girl anymore. My little girl has found someone…”

And that’s how my laugh stopped.

“N-no-“ I want to talk but she cut my words, “It’s getting late, dear, and I think as you done with your work so get some rest… You know I have 3 kids to be worry about and I expect not to worry too much on you as the oldest one.”

“Yes…” And even someone like me can’t say no to my mother. She's calm, but have this power to make everyone listened to her because of her aura. I wonder, because of those similarities, why she’s more like a mother of someone like Minho, instead of me.

Minho. Damn. I wonder what my mother will think if she hears about me broke up with Hae Jin which she just met earlier today, and now I even already have a new boyfriend –who’s even younger than my brother. I would literally be the one she worried the most among her kids. And I wouldn’t let it to happen. So I just answered her once again, “Yes… and Umma, Tell Appa not to work so hard, okay?”

She laughs, “Okay... Good night.”

“G’night.”

I sighed as I closed the phone.Then after I feel dumbfound by sitting on the edge of my bed, I just grabbed one of my pillow before I walked out from my room.

I looked at Minho, he’s still sleeping. Poor him, fatigue as he could fell asleep to the fact that he’s hungry earlier. I pushed the coffee table and just sit on the carpet to watch the show. Minho doesn’t even bother by the volume sound, but still I turned it down a little bit.

I wasn’t with them when they did the recording because it’s inside a big truck and so just Manager Oppa who came along with them.

The show is already started a couple of minutes, and now all of the sudden, the senior MC pouring his curiosity over Onew’s dating life. Just in a second, the situation put the leader to be the one all members made fun of.

I laugh silently but also pitied him. Onew was just as innocent as Baby Taemin most of the time, so how can possibly the boys have the heart to do so? Oh but maybe because he’s like that so the other –younger, members have the guts.

Later, the MC asked them one by one. First, it’s Baby. He’s laughing embarrassedly by saying he’s never dated. Why, Baby? Why are you laughing? I’m laughing too to see you like this.

Then it’s Minho. The MC mocked him by saying his pupil trembled nervously. I laughed; our Minho was so bad in lying, wasn’t he?

Although the worst one is Jjong by avoiding the MC, while Kibum is just tries to act convincingly.

I yawned as I’m still watching the show. It’s not that late, but I feel tired. I miss my bed, but when I turned around and see Minho’s sleeping in front of me. The last time he fell asleep on my couch, I just went to my bedroom –although I can barely sleep because I was worried about Manager Oppa, remember?

But now, I don’t feel like leaving him. I don’t know, maybe I got affected by my conversation with my mother earlier… Or because I just saw Minho’s shy and troubled expression when he got asked about the dating stuff. I feel like I want him to hug me this instance.

I don’t want to wake him up, though. So I just sat there, staring at his sleeping face. my finger slowly to his cheek, and then to touch his long eyelids, before I caressed his hair carefully, although I know he wouldn’t wake up that easily.

I kissed his cheek slightly and then I just lying on the carpet with the pillow beneath my head while I looked up to the ceiling, thinking… about Hae Jin, about my mother, about Minho and his crazy schedules in one, two weeks ahead..

I rubbed my arm as it’s a bit chill, but then I just turn off the lamp, leaving just the small one on. I’m lying again and just trying to close my eyes, when I heard the blanket rustles.

“Noona?”

I sat and saw Minho’s awake.

“I fell asleep again, didn’t I?” He asked me. I still can see his face by the faint light that illuminates the room. Then I nodded.

“But why- you can’t sleep on the floor…” He pointed my pillow. “Just sleep on your bed!”

Well, both of us, him, to be exact, haven’t gone inside my bedroom. The silent agreement tells him so, that we’re not in that stage yet. And besides, I think he never goes inside any older girl’s bedroom before. The idea seems to make him feel impolite or something.

My mother was right. I do feel lonely sometimes, but it’s not because of Hae Jin –well, I did feel that way towards him back then, but not now. Lonely to the fact that I have someone really close to me right now, but suddenly, Minho felt so far too.

The situation turns a bit awkward right now, so I just pretend to ignore him, I threw my head back to the pillow and said, “I don’t want to.”

“Noona.” He called me with the warning tone.

“I don’t want to.” Then I shut my eyes, pretend that I won’t listen to him until I heard he’s sighing.

“The last time I heard that, is coming from Yoogeunnie.”

I laugh with my eyes still closed as then he said, “Do you have a Yo?” It’s a mattress bed, like futon in Japan.

I open my eyes, and look at him, “In fact, I do.” Why don’t I remember about that? I always love to sleep on a mattress bed since I was a child. Our family used that especially during winter night, when we visit my grandparents’ house with a traditional heating system floor.

“Where?” He asked.

I gave him a sign to follow me and I went to my bedroom, “Can you help me? It’s not that heavy but it’s too high for me.”

“Yeah, sure.” He said as he walked inside.

He’s just as cool as usual, but I know, this small issue, is like a development between us. Then I also can see from the corner of my eyes, he took a quick glance on my room, scanning what it looks like; whether it represent the owner or not. Then I pointed the highest storage over my wardrobe, and he opened it to pull the mattress.

It’s clean because it kept inside the bag. As then we walked to the living room, I can’t hide my smile. Minho pushed away the coffee table so easily, and then took out the mattress from its bag, to spread it on the carpet.

I threw his bag right to his arm and say, “I bet you brought clean clothes, right?”

He laughs as then he walks to the bathroom.

“Do you still want the ramyun?” I asked him.

“Let’s have it in the morning. Today might be the only chance to get a six hour sleep.” He answered from where he is.

“Okay then.” I replied as I’m staring to the TV. The show is still on.

Later Minho comes to the living room, with his sweat pants but hasn’t put his shirt on.

“You really want to sleep, right? Put that on.” I tossed the pillow right to him but he caught it before it hits him. “Or you might get cold.”

“Why so shy, Baby?” He teased me.

“Wh-“I stopped because he’s laughing, “Yaa!!” I knew that he mocked me because I accidentally refer him with ‘Baby’ this noon when I talked to Kibum.

Then he sat beside me on the mattress and he listened to me –he wears his shirt.

“Don’t you feel weird, looking at that,” He pointed to the TV screen, “With me here on your side?”

I turned to see him, “Why? Why it has to be weird? Like I never saw you on the TV before.”

He took the remote control and say, “Well, I don’t want to share your attention, even to myself on the screen.” Then just turned off the TV.

I laughed as I threw my back on the soft cushion while he said, “I can asked Onew Hyung if you want to watch the re-run.”

Then I patted the pillow I get for him and he’s also lying beside me.

“It feels like we’re camping, isn’t it?” I said. He spread his left arm, telling me to use it as a pillow.

As I leaned to him, he nodded, “Yeah, the last time I slept on mattress was during Hello Baby. It feels comfortable. Although right now beneath us is a parquet floor.”

We share laughter but as my head rested on his chest, and nuzzle up, I can hear his heartbeat. At first, it beats a little bit fast, so I smiled silently in his arms. But then, I can feel that he’s breathing steadily. He might already close his eyes. And to hear his steady heartbeat, it’s calmed me down somehow. It feels like he’s so close to me now.

“Minho-ah?” I called him slowly.

“Hm?”

“Did you miss your teddy bear at home?” I mocked him, reacted to what he just did; he linked one of his feet to mine under the blanket, and then his hand that I used as a pillow rested on the back of my head caressing my hair, while the other one rested comfortably at my waist. It’s like he’s a child, holding a teddy bear to his sleep.

“Hm.” He replied shortly. It seems that he’s really sleepy. I feel sorry to make him talking, but… I don’t know, I feel like there’s something burden me I want to keep talking to him. I want to hear his soothing and deep voice it always makes me feel his affection towards me.

Then as we stayed like that for a while, I whispered to him again, “… are you sleeping?”

At first there’s no reply, but then he breathe deeply and say, “Just close your eyes, Jagiya. Then you will be able to sleep.”

“How do you know that I still open my eyes?” I asked. Because I try to close my eyes, and those thoughts are still bothering me. I really want to tell him, but not now, he seems so tired. Although still, it’s unfair for him because I kept talking randomly like this.

“I just know.” He answered as he keeps patting my head –like a father, seriously, “I really really want to sleep right now, so you better too. Whatever you think about right now, or how busy we are tomorrow, just forgot it...” His voice became fainted, “Sleep, sleep. Have a goodnight.. sleep.”

I’m sure that he’s really sleeping right now, because he doesn’t react as I round my arm and rested to his back then trying to pull the blanket so it can covers him on the back too.

Minho…
What if I said to you that I think someone among our friends –your hyung, is aware about us? Are you going to be worry about it? Although I think Kyuhyun would still be nice to me, to us...

What do you think my mother will react if she knew about my relationship with you? It’s not that I don’t want to tell her about you.. And what about yours too? I bet to introduce ‘my girlfriend to the family’ thing isn’t in your dictionary, right? At least not yet...

What do you think about Hae Jin visited my mother? Can you guess what his intention? Or do you even care if I tell you about this, Minho?

Oh, and I haven’t told you, and this is might be the only good thing appears on my mind right now, a photographer friend of mine ask me to be one of his model, yes, he’s a friend of Mblaq Coordi Unnie. Isn’t it exciting? What do you think? Well, I think I have to learn many things from you huh, professional model?

There are a lot of things going on in my head, and seems like I can’t calm-

Minho unconsciously cuddled to me, seeking for warmth in his sleep. At first, I feel like I can barely breathe, but as one of his arms fell little bit aside, I feel as comfortable as I yawned.

I take it back. My words, I took it back. You do can calm me down, even in your sleep.
Okay, Minho. I will close my eyes, and just for tonight, let’s forget everything and try to get a rest from anything.

So.. see you in my dream?

 

*******************************************************************************************************

Im back with a new chapter!! i hope it's not too draggy and not too long :S

because i still have to wait what happen in SM con L.A to write about it, lol

and so i brought the Boa-Minho issue here. and the ex issue again.

in case you're wondering, yes, there might be a slight problem between them because of Noona's new offered job.

and a little spoiler, in one or two chapters ahead, someone would appear as Noona's rival from Minho's side. and dont worry, the members will have more part too (because recently it's been focusing on Noona-Minho only.. :P)

so please stay tuned! thanks for the comments, it means a lot to me :)

z.