One Day at My Work

One Day Series

I sighed as I blew the smoke out from my lips. My head is full of stuff that keep ing me since the past week. But as Im just the type who always try to be able to see the bright side of every moments –even the bad one, at least Im glad that the weather is fine right now.

Seoul usually warm at this month, and it was like hell for the past couple of days, but somehow the cool wind breezed tonight, like it wanted to calm my heart down. …why suddenly I get so mellow like this? ah, really.

I looked around, stretched up my hands and then killed the cigarette on the public ash tray nearby as I heard someone’s talking from behind.

“what are you doing here by yourself, Noona?”

“..hm?” I answered. Jjong came with his left hand in his jeans’ pocket.

“yaa.. you should quit smoking!” I told him right away. I knew what he would take from the pocket.

“speak to yourself.” he laughed, but of course, there’s no mocking tone in it. Even for Jjong’s standard, he wouldn’t dare.

I chuckled, “well, im not the lead singer in a group.”

“come on.. just be the cool noona as usual.” he said while sitting beside me on the cold marble bench and lit up his cigarette.

“I just don’t know what to say when he asked me last week.” I told him. I mean their manager, he asked me about this habit of Jjong. And from his eyes, it’s like im one of the bad influence about this smoking thing. Well, he’s not my boss, but we worked together, and as he had bigger responsibility of this group, so he’s practically like a senior to me.

Jjong, or Jonghyun, clasped his hand together and said, “im sorry.”

“yeah, yeah, whatever.” I just waved my hand ignorantly.

It seems that Jjong wanted to say something, but his fellow member appeared, that’s why he didn’t say anything.

“Noona~~.”

I laughed heartily. No other in this group than him, who still used this kind of tone.

“what is it this time, baby?” I said as Taemin squatted in front of me, “are you done with your turn?”

He nodded and smiles as usual, “yep. Now it’s Kibum Hyung’s turn.”

Right now, they’re having this outdoor photo shoot at one famous district in the city.

As usual, Key is the one who’s really concern and excited about what kind of wardrobe they would wear, just like now, before they went here, he’s already commented about what he and the other wears like about.. twenty times.

Well, he can complain to me, as the fashion coordinator, but I cant change it because my boss’ decision –the one who responsible on the group’s style, is not something to be argue. Im not the only fashion coordi, but the other is working to help me to handle all the stuff, yeah, because there’s 5 person in the group, but im the one who faced the boss.

Im not saying that he’s mean, no, he’s actually cool. But boss is always a boss, right?

“so after Kibum, there’s still Onew and Minho?” I asked. Please forgive me this time, it’s not that im not feeling responsible, but tonight I cant really think straight, so I just ask my most trusted assistant to handle them.

Taemin shook his head. Dammit, this baby is just too cute. He always reminded me to my own little brother, why he cant be obedient like Min-nie?

“Onew Hyung’s turn is done before Kibum Hyung’s. He’s done too now.” he explained. We always called Onew with his stage name somehow, while Key is just plainly Kibum.

“I see.” I nodded understandably as then Taemin sat beside me. Jjong was standing a bit far and talking on the phone.

Looking at the baby of the group, I patted his head like a big sister, well, like I always have. “you were extra spoiled this evening.” I cant help but laugh.

His face is always like this when ‘I want to pampered’ moment appeared. It’s funny somehow, because his image changed in their new song, but off-camera he’s still the walking here and there with this angelic smile he has.

As I helped him fixing his ponytail, he’s swore a bit, “aah.. really, noona! Just look around us..”

“hm? What about it?”

“we’re in the district where everyone is here tonight!” he spread his hands in exaggeration, as cute as a button.

“I knew that.. and today’s also Saturday night.” I nodded, “and..?”

Then he slumped his hand beside him again and say, “..I want to be like them too..”

I frowned, “.. by that you mean..?” then I realized, what he means is to walk side by side with your lover. Yeah, because in this district, especially for a night like tonight, many couples do things together as a date. I almost forget the fact that Min-nie just celebrated his 18th birthday last week, it’s natural that he wanted to celebrate it with someone he likes.

Once again I patted his head but more like fixing his hair that messed up by the wind. He’s now the one with longest hair among the boys, it’s not Minho anymore. And his hair now tied up for the photo shoot.

“is there someone you like?” I asked sincerely, “I can help you, you know.”

His eyes always sparkles like when you give an ice-cream to a kid, but now their sparks even more. “really?” although then he frowned, “but you know, im not allowed to date. We’re not allowed..” he mumbled.

I just put my finger to my lips. Secret. As he understood, he’s laughing and then he hugged me, “Noonaaaa~~”

“ya ya yaaa..!” suddenly Kibum’s voice appeared from behind.

He always like that when Taemin acting spoiled. Somehow, Key’s always trying to raise Taemin to be matured but in the same time, he’s the one who pampered Taem the most. It’s just too confusing –and frustrating sometimes, to understand what’s on Key’s mind.

But.. it’s nothing compare to the one who’s just coming behind him.

“eh, Minho Hyung, you’re done too?” Taemin asked, “where’s Onew Hyung?”

Instead of Minho, Key answered for him.

Minho is not that quiet, actually. But it’s just.. even for an older person like me, we often cannot understand why he can be more mature than us. Well, maybe that’s what we called intimidated. Sometimes, as the older, we didn’t want to be seen as a childish one, right?

“his feet suddenly ached again, so..” Key hung his sentence because of the look at Minho’s face, his fellow member didn’t feel happy to hear it. Then he answered the second question, “Onew Hyung went to take some food.”

“are you okay, Minho-sshi?” I asked by pointing to his legs. It’s getting better we got informed by the company’s doctor, though I think that this is just rushing. And despite that we all know how the born-athlete hated to talk about this but I cant help to ask.

He nodded without saying anything. But as everyone just pretend they didn’t hear my question, -for the sake of not making the situation became awkward, then he showed his thumb to me and show his usual smile. A polite gesture.

I smiled at him and say, “good. I prefer that look. Sometimes I just think that ‘flaming stare’ is not match to your personality, Minho.. and to your young age too.”

To hear that, Minho opened his mouth to say something, but then he doesn’t. I noticed that Key is answering, “but you’re not old enough to say that to him, noona.”

I chuckled but then I laugh together with him. Key can be such a pain in the , but he’s entertaining person to hang with.

Then I said to them, “let me help Onew then.” Im afraid he will drop a plate or something.

But Key is faster, and the same time Jjong also went back to sit on the marble bench, “nope. You shouldn’t have too noona.”

I frowned, “why?”

Taemin also looked as confused as me. Key answered, “.. well, no particular reason. Just.. stay here. Besides, you’re our coordi noona, it’s not your job.”

I can see from his eyes, he planned something, but I didn’t say anything and act like I ignored that. He didn’t look at me anyway, he sets his eyes to Minho but then shifted to another direction.

Really, this boy. You’re not my boss too, Kibum. But I just said, “yeah, and Jinki is your leader, so why he’s the one who gets all your food?”

“cynic as usual. I like you, noona.” Key answered.

“well, thank you. I like you too, Kibum.” As I said it, once again I saw Key was glancing at Minho. What the hell is happening between them two?

But I looked back at Taemin, as he patted my shoulder.

“how about you, Noona? Don’t you feel bored to work while you can go out and have fun with Park-sshi Hyung?”

I really wish the younger boy didn’t mention that name, but because he’s Min-nie, im not bursting my anger to him. It’s only because I think of him as my baby brother.

And I expected Key to tell Taemin to shut up, like usual, because he’s the most observant in the group. Well, he did, Key just pulled Min-nie and covered his mouth dramatically, but someone did warn the baby even faster.

It’s Minho.

“Taemin-ah.” he just said it with this tone he always used when something’s not right.

I presumed the two of them knew about what happened to me and the actor. Yes, Park-sshi that Taemin mention earlier is one of young actor that kind of recognizable nowadays. I just don’t want to tell his given name. Because I don’t want to talk about him. We’re not broking up but he’s just as annoying as hell, and our relationship practically just like.. well, like we’re already break up.

I waved my hand to Minho and Key –well, sometimes I just cant believe that they’re younger than me, Im a bit older than their leader, for God’s sake, but the two of them can be so mature as it scares me.

“it’s okay..’’ I laugh a bit, not to mention it’s also because of Taem’s face. He’s like gulping out of nervous and also surprised at the same time. Onew and Jjong just looked at the others in a confusion look.

Well, the 5 of them knew about my relationship with the actor by accident and it’s like.. they’re keeping it as a secret too. So I respected their act by sharing some stories every once in a while. They called it as a relationship education. How cute is that?

“noona.. are you two- hmpph!” once again Key covered Taemin’s mouth so he cannot speak.

His gesture really makes me laugh, this is just how they always entertained me. Jjong who’s just killed his cigarette turned his head to me, “so that’s why Noona looked so gloomy tonight.”

“don’t I always look like that?” I half-jokingly as I want to take my cigarette box that lying on the bench.

But Taemin grabbed it and gave it to Minho, “Hyung! Throw this away!”

“yaa, that’s my-“ I stopped my sentence because the manager came, “so after JongHyun, now it’s you too, Minho?”

I just chuckled in the back of my mind, how on earth Minho would smoke as he’s an athlete. JongHyun smokes, and sometimes I caught Key did too, but not Minho. Well, Onew and Taemin are just so out of the picture in this.

“no.. It’s not mine.” Minho just answered without any fear on his eyes. In fact, he just sat down on the bench and then he took the cigarette one by one inside the box and.. and he broke all of them into three small pieces –each one of them! Then after that, he put all into the box again calmly, as if he’s done nothing.

I secretly grumbled. You little-

“everyone~~ the chicken is here!” thank God, Onew suddenly appeared with plates in his hand, followed by my assistants who helped him too.

“ah please don’t run!” I said automatically as Onew smiles sheepishly because of my half-jokingly suggestion.

“relax, noon-“ he just said it, but he almost tripped because of something on the ground. Well, no, there’s nothing on the ground. It’s just plainly him.

We all gasped but then sighed in relief as he managed to stand up perfectly.

“safe.” He said, and then once again showed his grin,“hey~~ it’s not everyday we can eat something like home cooking in a very stylish neighborhood like this!.. and.. why so quiet?” as usual, leader is the innocent one. Well, along with Taemin maybe.

I just smiled but I cant help notice that right now, there’s a plenty of young girls gathered around. It seems that the boys finally get noticed. It’s always like this anyway.

Taemin just waved his hand to one direction and then screamed and exclaimed here and there was heard.

“stop teasing them like that, Taemin-ah.” their Manager said.

As then, of course, Taemin pouted and murmured to Key, “im not teasing them.. it’s just that.. they’re really cute.”

Burst out laugh because I can hear what Taemin’s said too, everyone except Taemin and Key, all of them were staring at me.

“eh?” I just realized it and then shook my head, “nothing..”

So our baby Min-nie really wanted a girlfriend, huh? I bet there’s plenty of my junior who can be crazily excited when they knew about this.

“noona.. here’s yours.” Onew gave a plate of chicken and rice to me.

I thanked him as I accepted the plate. Now Minho is the one who’s sitting beside me, and as everyone seems busy with their food, he gave out the cigarette box, “here.. don’t let Baby sees it. He might just cry if he knew you never intend to quit.”

I chuckled, “fine.”

“just pretend that I already throw it.”

“well, after what you’ve done, it’s like I have no choice but to throw it to the trash.” I grumbled, “im your noona, you know.” It’s not that he didn’t respect me as im older, but right now I just want to brought it up because I was annoyed.

“exactly.” He said without looking at me, he’s just staring at the plate and start eating. “that’s why im not happy with your habit.”

“what?” I said.

But he changed the topic by saying, “remember, if Taem asked where’s the cig, said to him that you don’t know. or..”

I sighed, “.. or what?” really.. this 20 years old-

“or I might burn it one by one..? or.. burn that little box.. the thing I do just for fun.” I swear Minho is really annoying tonight.

“ya Choi Minho!!” I exclaimed as then once again, this time even Key and Taemin –because they didn’t hear anything, me and Minho just spoke to each other in the bench, so all of them are staring at me. Minho too, he acted like nothing happened.

“Noona.. what is it?” Taemin came to me with a box of salad in his hand, “here.. for you noona.”

“thanks.”

“im sorry.” he twitched his lips. Ah, so he still felt terrible? How cute are you.

I shook my head and try my best to smile, “it’s really okay, Baby. Besides, there’s nothing to talk about anymore.. about me and.. yeah, him.”

Suddenly, Taemin just hugged me, and of course, I can hear the exclaiming sound from the girls. “don’t be sad, noona~~”

Automatically, I looked up to Manager Oppa, he didn’t say anything, just shook his head and because someone called him, he had to walk to the one who talk to him.

“this- ah, really, Taemin!” Key hissed.

But Taemin ignored him, and say to me, “noona, let’s just find a girlfriend for me on another day! These days I will accompany you, shopping? Dancing? anywhere you want to~”

Jjong laughs cynically, “yeah? But you’re not even legal to go to the club, Min-nie.”

The baby pouted as Onew just said, “but noona, just ignored if Taemin ask you to help his homework in return.”

“ah, hyung!!” Taemin is really like a toy for them, because he never gets angry when everyone teasing him. Well, he would yelled, but then just smiled embarrassedly.

See? Everyone was still teasing him, although Key is more like pampering him right now. But.. wait, where does the marble-eyes go?

Marble-eyes. That’s how I called Minho.

As Im still looking around, I heard Taemin said to Jjong, “Hyung, don’t tell me you just call her earlier?”

I know that Jjong has a girlfriend. From the girl band, yes.

Jjong frowned, “and if I really call her, then what?”

Taemin sighed, “I really envy you..”

To heard that, Onew said, “why? Im the oldest and I don’t have any girlfriend, but im fine with it.”

Key added, “yes, because you fell in love with someone so far away, Min-nie, you cant get her.”

I secretly smiled as I listened to the silly conversation. It must be about Taemin’s admiration toward Harry Potter’s actress.

It seems that Taemin noticed my laugh, so then he said, “I don’t care, at least now noona can accompany me. Right, noona?”

I frowned, “didn’t you just said that you’re the one who will accompany me?”

“ah, you’re right.” he realized what he said earlier, so I laugh, “im just joking.. of course, let’s go play!” who cant even say no to this baby brother?

He clapped his hand as then, “right! as now the photo shoot is done, lets-“ and Taemin’s sentence got cut by Key.

“Minho hasn’t done yet.” Key said to Taemin, and at the same time, Minho appeared.

“your leg is okay now?” Onew, as usual, is so caring towards the member.

Minho nodded and he looked at me slightly.

Taemin looked concern too, so as he heard Minho is fine, he turned to me, “so as we wait for hyung, let’s find-“ once again Key cut him.

“no no no. That’s not how it works.” He shook his head in his style, umma (mother) style.

Then pointed to Jjong and Taemin, “as the two of you is the first one to finished the photo shoot, you two already have long enough break.”

“so?” Jjong pointed himself.

“Jonghyun hyung will go to the convenience store, with Taemin-ah, to but some drinks. After eating some chicken, I want to drink something sweet.” Key ordered.

“what??” Jjong exclaimed. He’s older but why he always got ordered by Key? “yaaa, Kim Kibum!”

Key turned to Onew and said, “well, Onew Hyung helped to give us the meal, so.. he’s free from the duty.”

“and what will you do, Hyung?” Taemin asked him.

“I… I will be here to check our schedule for tomorrow.”

Jjong chuckled loudly, but as usual, he would just do what Key told him to do.

Minho stood there and pointed his nose.

Key realized it and then he makes a gesture with his hand, “you? of course you have to finished the photo shoot! You’re okay now, right?”

Sometimes I think that the leader is the group is Key, not Onew. And it makes me feel bad towards the leader. To look all of them, those younger boys, I often think that they’re just a big baby, but most of the time, they surprisingly can take care of themselves. Well, maybe since they’re working from such a young age, in example Taemin.

I held the cigarette box as Minho turned around to walk to the location, as I heard Key said, “you too, noona..”

“me too, what?”

Key pushed me a bit, “you once told me, working can heal a broken heart. So just keep keep one working.”

I sighed. See, I got killed twice by his statement. One, because he’s younger than me, and two, because he used my OWN statement.

“really.. sometimes I wonder how you two can be like this to someone as you called noona. I heard from my assistant that you all like this too.” I said to him as I saw the other members walked to their own ‘task’ given by the Almighty Key.

“who? Me?”

“you.. and Minho.” I answered.

He laughs as if I just said the funniest jokes on earth, “me, maybe. But not Minho.”

“yeah? But he just broke all my cigarette into three pieces! And Manager Oppa said that he’s the one who respects his senior the most. Im his noona, for God’s sake-“ I don’t know why, but talking to Key seems to make me into a drama queen too.

“exactly.” Key cut my words by saying the word I just heard earlier.

“.. what? he said that too.”

Then he smiled and changed the topic, “Noona, can you help me with the scarf?” he meant the scarf under his hat. So without saying anything I stopped and help him like he said.

“did you feel comfortable with this new style?” I asked, “well, I knew you are. You’re the one who suggested it, right? I heard it from M.” M is their hairstylist.

“yeah I did.” He said as then he thanked me, “ah, I think it’s fine now. Thanks, noona. As usual, you knew the answer without get explained.”

I chuckled. But then he added, “except one thing.. Minho is not like that to everyone. We all know that Taemin can clung to you because he’s forever a baby. Lucky him.. maybe? But Minho.. he knew that we expect not to see it coming from him, even if he really wants to. poor him. Dont you get it now?” Key put his hand on his chest and sighed dramatically.

“.. huh?” I squinted my eyes as I looked at him.

Key moved back pretending to be startled, “whoa. You’re scary.”

“of course, I can be scarier than you, silly.” I acted like I want to shocked him, but then-

“what are you two doing? Stop messing around, Kibum! Noona.. are you coming or not??” Minho turned around and put his hands on the hip.

“..y-yaa!!” Key and I said in unison. Both of us walking towards the guy who just succeed in entering the university he always dreamed of.

And as Key catched up with him, “really.. this little- yaa Minho! I was helping you, idiot! Stop sulking and walk around like that. You didn’t know how glad I am that your leg is better right now because now I can strangle you!”

I swear I saw Minho’s marble-eyes went bigger in a surprise and then he even stuttered, “.. s-shh!”

Im just walking behind them as they treated me like im not there.

“you’re talking too much.” Minho said as he seems to control his choice of words. It seems to me that he actually wanted to yell on Key because of something that I still cant catch from them two.

“and you cant talk.” Key walks and now he’s the one with both hands on the hip.

“I know that you always help everyone but just let me-“ Minho said but it wasn’t finished as Key throw his hand on the air like a drama queen. He always does.

“fine fine fine. Let’s see how you can do it. Besides, im tired of hints. I want you to be a man and said it by yourself.” Key said.

Minho looked at him, annoyed, and replied, “yeah..? and you like this, does it make you more manly than the 5 of us?”

Now Key’s squinting his eyes. I wonder, is he my long lost brother or something?

“I know, I know. That you’re all ‘act is better than talking’,’’ Then he pointed at Minho, “but this isnt Dream Team. And good for you, there’s no competition in this. So it’s a good thing if you want to speak up, because after 4 months kept staring at one without be able to say anything, I bet your eyes wont just flaming. Soon it will burst. Whatever.”

As Minho cant say anything, Key turned to me and say, “noona.. from now on, I trusted my stupid chingu (friend) to you.”

I laughed and said sarcastically, “oh, so now you realized that im still here?”

Key just waved his hand without looking back as I catched up with Minho, “what the hell is he rambling about?”

“something.” Minho answered. As I realized his pace got slower down while someone approaching us.

“Minho-sshi, are you ready? You should wear the jacket.” one of my assistant passed me and said to him.

I looked at him and he nodded, “okay.”

Then as we reached the location, I saw the manager talked to the photographer, it seems that he apologized about Minho’s condition.

Minho bowing a couple of times too.

As my assistant came with the jacket Minho has to wear for the shoot, she gave me instead of giving it to him and help him by herself.

“why?” I asked.

She shook her head, “it’s just..” she paused but then it seems she found a reason. Why everybody seems weird today?

Continued, she said, “I thought that it’s too big for Minho, so you should put some pin or fix it, unnie.”

I frowned. Don’t you often did that too? it’s not that I don’t want to do that because I think it’s an assistant work. I just think that.. yeah, it’s weird. But whatever, I don’t want to ruin this shoot just because my thought.

As I helped Minho to wear it, I had to tip-toeing a bit, even with my heels.

I saw his slight smile appeared.

“what?”

He looked surprise I noticed that. “huh.. nothing.”

“tsk. can you just speak up? speak. Speak your mind instead of just one word.” I told him as I went to stand behind him to fix the size with the pin purse on my jeans pocket, “like your long speech after you broke all my cig.”

“um.. okay.” he said another one word.

I rolled my eyes and then look at him, who turned his head to faced me and smile his silly smile. Yeah, you have to be around him quite long enough to finally see something like this.

“really.” I said, “why, because it wont suit your so-called nickname?”

He laughs, “you know I always speak long enough around you, right?”

I cant help but laugh too, “yeah, like the day you came with your new hair? You kept talking how you want Taemin’s ponytail, or you want to try Onew’s simple hair. And you added, it’s not that you didn’t like it, it’s just because you missed your wavy hair. You had this straight hair since the day you were born, why cant you have the perm a little bit longer. That’s what you said.”

Now I was helping him rolling the sleeves and standing beside him, but he didn’t say anything. I took a pin but it stung me, “ah! pabo (stupid). Hey, why don’t you replying?”

He’s staring at said in a dumbfounded face, “… how can you remember all of that, noona?”

I frowned, “I always a hell of a talker, right? like Kibum.”

“.. although you tend to ignore many small things too.” He said in a small voice.

I actually heard that but didn’t say anything because I was thinking. Yes, to be remembered again, at that time, Minho came to the boutique with Onew and Jjjong. Jjong commented about his hair, but I cant remember. Is he said.. he wants to stay the same so.. he suggested to the stylist not to change it? or.. was it Onew?

Well, Minho often came to me to speak about clothing style and everything, I understand as he’s a former model, but actually, he talked about many other stuff more often. About how happy he is to enter that university, and how he was annoyed because of his injury. But not just that.. he often came to me exactly when the time was right.

Like when I just finished talking with my.. ex, well, he’s still my boyfriend, but whatever. I swears in whisper and I literally throw my cellphone when I went to the room. As Minho was there, and im not even realizing it, he actually caught it after it smashed the floor first.

He gave it back to me, but didn’t ask why I did that.

When I asked what he doing there by himself, he just said, “I supposed to do something, but then im not sure.”

“noona..? is it finished? The photographer is waiting.”

“huh?”

His voice bring me back from my thought. My hand stopped as his right sleeve already rolled neatly, but the left one-

“eh? it’s done?” I asked.

He laughs, “I did it by myself., don’t worry. Thanks noona.”

I nodded and still didn’t say anything. Then he said, “can you please stop dozing off like that?”

“what??” I exclaimed.

“did I just remind you of something..?” The grin in his face grew bigger, “oh, by the way, in case you forget, I know that despite you remember many things, you are a forgetful person too. Today’s your boss’ birthday, noona.” He walked backwards to the location but still facing me.

Dammit. He’s right. And I bet im the only one who hasn’t say anything to the boss and I saw my assistant all busy passing one cellphone and talking in turn with it.

As my expression changed, Minho laughs and say, “don’t worry noona.. I put your name on the present Shinee gave to him.”

“eh?? can you do that? and the member- did Onew knew this?”

He laughs, “he’s the leader, of course I told him. But you know, just give him chicken and he will say yes to anything. So just spare me some morning coffee money and we’re even.”

Once again, I was beaten by this kid. Sometimes I thought, although I often heard about things from what the assistant reads on fan sites, like he’s being the most hated member on the group, even he also knew and didn’t say loud about it,.. Well, of course, this is a secret,.. but somehow Minho is the kid I favored the most.

Watching him posing, as every once in a while the make-up artist’s assistant came to fix his hair or something, I just stood near the photographer’s laptop.

If I remembered back on the day when I met them all for the first time, I would say that he’s not the easiest one to be hang around with. Even until now. It might be always Key and Taemin.

Well, most of them can leveled up with my age so I wouldn’t say any of them childish in literally, but Key is the one who always open, although it means you cant be too sensitive when he said anything straight forwardly. And then Taemin, he’s just easy to close with anyone older. It seems to me, that he wants to feel secure, and it’s not difficult to understand with what he went through at school, and far away from home.

“.. is it almost done?”

I heard someone’s talking, and it’s Jjong. Behind him there’s Onew and Taemin.

“soon.” I answered. So the 3 of them is just standing here with me, looking at Minho works on his photo shoot.

“Hyung seems really distracted nowadays.” Taemin broke the silence.

Jjong looked at him, “and now you can related that, right?”

“hm? To what?” the baby asked, he’s also looking at their leader. Jjong gave a sign to Onew, told him to explain.

Onew got it, but he didn’t do anything. I took a glance at them in silence. They’re all pretty sneaky these days, once I heard from their manager, they all went out after work is done, which is 5 o’clock in the morning, and didn’t go back until their performance at 5 on the evening. No one from 5 of them answered about what they did on the entire day.

I understand that they need to have some fun too, but sometimes it makes us worry too.

But then I heard Onew said, “.. okay, I’ll tell him. Besides, Kibum seems to be fed up.”

“hyung, what is it all about??” Taemin whispered to him.

Instead of an answer, it’s Jjong’s voice I heard, and he’s talking to me. “noona, if Minho’s finished, tell him to meet us on the place where we’re smoking earlier.”

“okay.”

And after saying that, the 3 of them walked out from the location.

Just about 10 minutes after that –almost 1 o’clock midnight, the photographer said that it’s done. So as Minho walked out from the set, I took his jacket and give it to the assistant, and he walked to the car by himself to change into his own clothes.

When he came back, I told him, “the other is waiting for you at that place earlier.”

“is that so?” he said as he wears his watch. It seems that he’s thinking something, as then he nodded to himself, “noona, you come with me too.”

“what? why?” I asked. “ I need to-“

“come on.” he tilted his head, ignoring what I want to say. Im still standing there with one of the member’s photo shoot wardrobe but then he took it from my hand and hang it on the hanger near the car, then came back and say, “I want to know how it feels like to be Taemin-nie, who never get a ‘no’ for an answer.”

He slightly pat my back, but it’s just to push me a bit so I will follow and walk with him.

Well, yeah. I just don’t say ‘no’. I didn’t say anything as we both walk side by side.

But then, “you know-“ we both talk in unison. And so we’re laughing.

“you first, noona.” He said.

“no..” I shook my head. We’re still walking, and then he said, “okay.. I’ll go first.”

Rubbing his own arm with his hand, he said, “Im sorry to say this because of your condition right now but.. I always curious when it comes to breaking up.”

I frowned, “what do you mean?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know.. I mean.. I never really in an official relationship, so.. when I got parted, then it’s over. But it’s not exactly I can call heartbroken.”

I laughed, “So you never felt a broken heart before? Ah, I was so jealous of you.”

He smiled, “it’s not like that.. but.. I think maybe because I realized that turns out my feelings wasn’t as strong as I thought it was. So.. well yeah, I was sad, but that’s it.”

I can understand what he said. He never really tells me about something like this, so I just continued to listen, “and then..?”

“.. and.. I was wondering. Are you really THAT sad?”

I looked at him as if he’s some kind of weird or something. “huh?”

.. “aish..” he scratched the back of his head, “im sorry. Let’s change the words. Noona looked so bothered lately, but.. I believe that you’re um.. you’re not missing anything. .. or.. you wont.”

I walked as my eyes set on the ground. Weird.. I did angry, I did mad.. and sad too. But strange enough, I didn’t feel like there’s a hole in my heart. It’s more like.. I actually feel.. fine. Maybe im ALREADY fine, I don’t know. But the point is.. well, im fine.

Then I lifted my head and said to him, “how do you find out?”

He’s staring back at me and shrugged, “.. I just knew.”

I rolled my eyes, as then he added with laugh, “well.. maybe all of your feeling was already thrown away.. with your cellphone?”

To hear that, my laugh burst too.

“really.. I was embarrassed at that time.” I buried my face with my hands, “how can I show that in front of a dong-saeng (junior)?”

His laugh stopped as he said, “dong-saeng or not, I have my feelings too, you know.”

I took a glance at him and he quickly added, “I mean.. I can understand that you’re upset at that time.”

Ignoring what he just said, I asked him, “and what about you, at that time, wasn’t you say there’s something you supposed to do?”

He paused for a while so I said, “ah, im sorry, Minho-sshi.. it’s not my business.”

As we can see the other members from where we walk now, I walked a bit faster, and Minho was left behind a bit.

“sorry to join you-“ I shouted with a smile to them, but then I heard Minho said from behind.

“I want to ask you out to get some coffee or something.” he muttered. “and now I might ask you.”

“..what?” I turned around.

“well.. with my uni result and everything..” his tone hung up as then I can see his eyes get bigger while I feel something weight clung on me.

“noona~~~”

Of course, it’s Taemin. I turned and see his adorable smile just 5 inch from me. He clung his hand on my arm, and act like a little boy despite that he’s taller than me.

“yes?” I asked him. Somehow I just feels like.. from being a younger one when I faced Minho, now I became myself again in front of this baby.

“really.. Taem.” I heard Minho swears.

The 3 others approaching us as Taemin said to me, “d’you want to go with me tomorrow, noona? You know we have sometime before live stage.”

I smiled, “where do you want to go? ah, didn’t you tell me you want to buy a new sneakers?”

Taemin pouted, “yes, but no. To buy shoes with you makes me like an elementary kid.”

Jjong laughs, “well, that’s not so long ago, you know.”

“ah, Hyung!!” he exclaimed but then looked at me again. “let’s go to eat something delicious! What do you want, Italian, Asian, European, African, you name it!”

Onew joined, “anywhere but it should have meat on it!”

“im not taking you, Hyung!” Taemin sighed in desperation. And Key just scoffed, “African? Really Taem.. do you know their food? Even you didn’t know what gratin is. Think before you speak!”

“whatever, Hyung.. so Noona, okay? oh, and of course, my treat-“ his words got stop by Minho.

He folded his arms and called, “Taemin-ah.”

Taemin looked at him, “… what is it this time?”

Minho didn’t answering right away, because he said to me instead, “you know, im not Taemin, but I also didn’t take ‘no’ for an answer too.”

After he said that, no one’s talking. And of course, I know what he means.

Then as I realized, Taemin released his hand from my arm and said, “well, I never knew that you envy me, Hyung.. you can just tell me right away, I don’t mind giving my noona if it’s you, Hyung.”

“mouh (what)??” Minho exclaimed.

Ignoring his hyung, Taemin smiled at me, “happy coffee day tomorrow!” and throwing both of his hands up.

Then he walked to the other 3 who already turned to walk to the car.

Looking at them, I heard Key said, “that’s not exactly what I want to hear from him.. but it’s Minho, so.. what can I expected?” he lifted both of his hand in desperation.

Jjong said, “well, girls doesn’t always like many words. They preferred action too.”

“and now you’re the relationship expert?” Key mocked him.

Onew answered, “Kibum.. instead of asking people on helping Minho, why don’t you just mind your own love life.. don’t let her waiting too long.”

Taemin was the one who look as he finally knew what the hyungs talking about, “ah! it must be THAT noona from-“

Key covered Taemin’s mouth and strangled him easily because he’s taller, “ssh!! Really, this kid..”

Start to walk, I can see that Minho also walked, just one step behind me.

Then with a small smile on my face, I turned to him and said, “so.. yes?”

“hm?” he lifted his head because he walked with his eyes staring at the ground.

“yes.” I said again.

He’s grinning as then I added, “well, you know how I love coffee so much.”

But then I heard Taemin said from where he stood, “.. just as much as Hyung likes you too, noona!!”

“-yaa!” Minho ran to him but then the baby laughs and threaten him as he’s trying to avoid Minho’s hand that ready to strangle him, “back off , Hyung! Or you have to share Noona with me again!!”

Really. This is just one day of my work.

Well, no one knows about tomorrow, but whatever it will bring, at least now I know that someone’s watching my back. And that’s more than enough for now.

Then maybe one day I will see him the way he wants me to see.