The Date

My Boyfriend is a Mafia Boss

I woke up early to take a nice shower. I did my hair, and dashed on some makeup. I went into my mini closet and tried on a few outfits. I end up wearing a tank top and a high-waist skirt with a 3/4 sleve cardigan on top.

I took the necklace Seunghyun gave me and clung it around my neck. I looked in the mirror and smiled. Jiyoung woke up with her eyes half open staring at me. "Nicole? Why are you dressed all nice?"

"Secret." I told her and walked out the door smiling. Jiyoung looked at me in confusion and went back to sleep.

I saw Seunghyun leaning against the wall with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "Good morning my fiancee." I walked over and gave him a hug. He handed me the flowers.

I sniffed them. "They are beautiful, Seunghyun." He extended his arm and I linked arms with him as we went off to our date.

------------------------------------------

During our date, we practically toured around the enitre San Francisco city. We went from Chinatown to the biggest malls they have. We saw the Golden Gate Bridge and took many silly pictures. I felt like a tourist.

I had such a great day with him. We ate at various restuarants. From Thai food to Italian food. I sat with my stomach bloated.

"Seunghyun, you spoiled me too much. We had at least 5 different meals excluding the food we bought at street cafes!"

"I enjoy spoling you and seeing you smile. You deserve it."

I gave him a pout. "But with all this food, I am going to gain weight. Then I am going to get fat. Then I would end up looking ugly." I squished my face with my palms from all my worries.

He walked over to my seat and kissed me on my forehead. "I will still love you even if you are fat."

I hit him lightly on his arm. "That's what all guys say to girls just to make them feel happy and go head over heels for them."

"But does it work?" he joked. I nodded my head. He grabbed my arm and he drove us to the beach.

We took a stroll on the beach and picked up seashells.

We walked along the sand holding hands. I kicked the calm waves as they lightly brushed our feet.

I tugged onto Seunghyun's arm whining for an ice cream cone. So we got on the boardwalk and walked to an ice cream cart.

Seunghyun sat me down on a bench as he went to buy ice cream. I sat there patiently while kicking my feet out of happiness. Today was sucha perfect day. I hope we can be like this everyday.

I smiled and studied the ground waiting for Seunghyun's return. As I was browsing through the gap of the wooden floor of the boardwalk, a shadow covered my head. Seunghyun? I looked up.

It was a group of three guys with serpent tattooes. They had shades on and their facial expression was definitely not the friendliest.

"C-can I help you?" I asked quietly. He short chubby guy in the middle pointed at me. "You! Are you TOP's girl?"

I looked at him in confusion. I don't have a good feeling about this guy. Maybe I should lie to him afterall Seunghyun is part of the mafia so I don't want to drag him down. I shook my head. "You got the wrong person." I fibbed.

Then one guy raised his eyebrow as if he recognized me. "Yah. Boss! I recognize this chick. She was with TOP once. She is his girl."

The chubby guy's voice suddenly got louder from anger. "HOW DARE YOU ING LIE TO ME? GET HER!!!"

My eyes widen and I started to run for my life. Unknowingly, I zoomed pass Seunghyun so he followed me and grabbed onto my arm. "Cole-ah, what''s wrong?" I started to pant and my breathing got heavier. I pointed at the guys chasing after me.

He glared at them and wrapped his arms around me out of protection. The men in black skidded to a stop. "Well, well, well, isn't it TOP and his girl. How lovely. They are on a cute little date."

Seunghyun's nose flared. "GET THE OUT OR DIE! HOW DARE YOU ING MESS WITH MY GIRL. ARE YOU SUICIDAL?"

The men felt threatened by the security walking behind Seunghyun and left. "I got my eyes on you." The chubby guy threaten as he pointed two fingers at his eyes then at us.

Seunghyun let out a huge sigh from relief. I looked at him. "Everything is okay now. How about that ice cream?"

I never saw him that angry before. We sat at table outside the boardwalk and ate our ice cream. "Seunghyun-ah, can you just forget about revenge and retire from all this mafia stuff. I just want to live a simple life with you. Please?" I begged.

He gave me a serious look. "Don't worry. I won't get hurt no will I let you get hurt. Just two more months Cole-ah. Just two more, and we can return back to our regular lives."

I was glad he said that, but for some reason, my instincts are making me feel uneasy.