Tiffany's Past

Beautiful Lie

 

Jessica POV

“Thank you Kyuhyun Oppa. Now I wanna see ‘The Guide’.”

“No prob. Don’t be so excited. He’s a nice guy and all but never ever try to mention his family or else you will be thrown out of his house.”

“Arasseo!”

Then we went to not so big and not so small house. The house was located at a hill top village. You know, the ones where the houses are so close to each other. Kyuhyun Oppa pressed the door bell for about three times and no one came out. Hm? He must be at work still. Kyuhyun Oppa tried again. Then the gate opened and there stood a tall man with big eyes and thick double eyelids. His face lit up the whole village because of his handsome face.

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ah, what are you doing here at night? And who is she?” He said pointing at me. He looked like someone who just woke up from his nice deep sleep. His other hand was at the back of his neck.

“Ah, hyung. This is my friend. She’s new here in Seoul and she came from Jeolla Province. She needs help in adjusting to the city.” Kyu Oppa said the lie sooo natural.

“And why me? What about you? You’re friends, aren’t you?”

“Yah hyung, I’m graduating this year and I can’t help her much. You have lots of free time, so I recommended you.” Then Kyu Oppa tapped my back hard. He was like signaling me to introduce myself.

“Ah, neh. Annyeong haseyo, Jessica-imnida. You could call me Sica.” I bowed 90 degrees. Then Kyuhyun Oppa grabbed my collar and brought me back up into a standing position.

“Yah, don’t make hyung feel old.”

I smiled embarrassingly.

“Ah, no, it’s ok. Well then, you don’t have a family here?” The man asked.

“Well, uhm, my sisters would be moving here in Seoul, too but in a couple of weeks from now.”

“Ah, I see.” Then Kyuhyun Oppa bid goodbye to us and this man, this handsome man standing right before my eyes, just smiled at me.

“Hello Jessica-ssi. I’m Donghae. Please come in.”

His smile… it’s…just…so…irresistible. It’s so pure and innocent. I’m glad we met. I smiled back, “Neh.”

Tiffany POV

-At their dorm-

Aigoo~ Where could they be? It’s getting late now. And I know how impossible it would be to be friends with someone within one day. Then I remembered all my memories here on Earth. I lied down on my bed and thought all the wonderful and even the painful events in my life here on Earth.

I died at the age of 16 because of leukemia. At age 12, I was already bald. We are rich. My father’s a businessman and the owner of Tiff Hotel. My mother owns a spa that she also named after me. Both of them loved me so much but they barely had time for me, so the only way to show their love was to give me all I want. My illness started when I was nine, which is why I always consider the number 9 unlucky. And now, we are 9 angels living in one roof. I could easily smell bad luck coming to me or us. Anyway, back to the story.

Every day, I felt sick. My body’s temperature is always rising and I can’t tell my parents because they’re always not around. I endured all the pain I felt for two years before my mom found out that something was wrong with me. It was on 11th birthday when my mom combed my hair. She dropped the brush and I asked her what was wrong. She couldn’t speak and she just cried. Then she ran to my father. When I saw the brush, there were lots of hair that fell from my scalp. I just knew that I had cancer. But during the years of my fight for the disease, I met someone at the hospital. I believe he was the doctor’s son. He tried to comfort me during the times I felt pain. He always stood by my side and helped me fight the cancer. But when I can’t get any better, my parents moved back to the States and there I died. My parents used up almost all of their money for my cure, but it was all worthless.

I was crying my heart out until someone knocked on the door.

“Fany-ah! Hurry up and open the door! We’re all tired!” Sooyoung yelled.

I wiped my tears and hurriedly opened the door. And all of them collapsed on the sofa and on the arm chairs.

“By the looks of it, you didn’t find anyone, right?”

“Aish, you should’ve been with us since you should help us!” Yuri said in an irritated voice.

“Yeah, unnie. Is there any food?” Seohyun asked.

“Yeah there is. But aren’t your bodies' aching or something? I’ll just get some ice.”

“Unnie, did you forget? We can’t get hurt. We’re just really tired. Please prepare the food.” Yoona said.

“Oh, ok.”

“Wait, Fany-ah. So you mean to say that our bodies should ache if we’re tired?” Sooyoung asked me.

“Yeah, pretty much.” I nodded.

“And the one who’s not tired should take care of the ones who are tired?” Yuri asked me with a grin on her face. I don’t like the feeling of this.

“Uh-huh.” As soon as I stated my answer…

“Ah! It hurts! It hurts! My back! Ah! Fany-ah help us! Please take care of us!” -.- I knew it. Sooyoung and Yuri were ‘in pain’ but Soonkyu and Yoona just went to the kitchen.