The girl in Donghae's life

Beautiful Lie

 

“Taeyeon-ah?”

“Fany-ah, what happened to you?” She sat up straight and held her head.

“Four days ago, I was with Siwon Oppa in the beach. We recalled our old memories and when Siwon Oppa’s mother called him because his father had a hard time breathing, he immediately bid goodbye. Before he left he gave me an envelope which has the letters he was supposed to send to me when I was in the States. After he left, a bunch of guys approached me and I tried to run but they caught me. They said if I don’t give them the envelope, they’ll kill me. They started ripping my shirt off so I gave it to them even if I haven’t read them. They thought it was money and when they found out it wasn’t, they beat me and threw me sharp rocks. But because I wasn’t bleeding, they thought I was a ghost so they tried me and beat up some more. But when a police car passed by, they pushed me to a bush and ran away. My head became dizzy because of the impact of the rocks and fainted. How did you guys find me?”

“Yoona did.” I said while holding the ring Eeteuk Oppa gave me. I made it into a necklace.

“Who gave you that?” Tiffany asked as she pointed to the ring.

“Oh…Teukie Oppa.”

“You mean your guide? He proposed to you?”

“How did you know?”

“Hellooo. I was a human. I know that when a guy gives a ring to girl at this age is usually because he proposed. Are you…engaged?”

“Aniyo…I wasn’t able to answer him…The girls called to tell me about you. I left him there. I can’t face him anymore…I just know he hates me now. He was so kind and he did everything for me. And I ‘dumped’ him.”

“Are you saying…you were supposed to say yes?”

“I don’t know…Fany-ah, I love him. But our gap is heaven and earth, figuratively and literally. And God will surely punish me. I know he knows how I feel now and I know he’s mad at me.”

“Taengoo-ah, love is the sweetest thing here on Earth. And God gave us a chance to be here living under the world’s rule. He said to live like humans right? It’s natural to love. Go ahead.”

“But Fany-ah…” She gave me a no-buts look and shushed me up. “Thank you.” I gave her a hug and I had a stroll on the beach. I have to think about this carefully…I love you too Eeteuk Oppa.

Jessica POV

I wanted to plant and harvest more so I took Donghae with me to the area of gogumas [sweet potatoes]! Seohyun texted me to get her some gogumas. Just as I was busy picking a big goguma from the ground, Donghae seemed not to notice that I’m having a hard time.

“Argh! Why won’t you get out of the soil?!? Oppa, help me out!” No response.

“Oppa!” When I turned around, I saw him talking to another woman. There’s a ‘pang!’ in my heart. I don’t know why I’m feeling this but jealousy is just not an angel’s nature except for those angels who are like Tiffany who was a human before being part of us. They’re laughing together as if they have met before. I went back to where I was and pulled the goguma harder with anger. I got it out but I was thrown out of balance!

“Jessica-ssi!” Donghae rushed to my side and help me stood up. The other girl chuckled a little and went to beside me too.

“I’m OK!” I shouted angrily and went to our basket and placed the big goguma forcefully. We or I mean I only got one.

“I’m going home!” I yelled again.

“But we’ve only been here for less than 30 minutes. And look, there’s only one goguma. Remember Seohyun’s goguma.”

“This is already enough!”

I got the basket and started heading towards home. Donghae was still with the girl. She’s somewhat short, and has a short hair. And she looks like a combination of my face and the actress Ha Ji Won. Aish! I’m just walking a bit faster than them but because of my short legs they have a tendency to catch up on me. Nevertheless, I still walked faster. I could hear them laughing and talking. They have lesser awkwardness than we have. Aish.

“Sica-ssi! Slow down a bit!”

“NO!” I turned around to give him a deathly stare. After a few minutes, they were already ahead of me. My legs are tired. My deathly icy glare melted. I could see Donghae Oppa’s wide smile and his laughter is louder than ever. He’s happier when he with this girl. Sigh. I do believe she’s prettier and might be kinder than me. No. She’s not kinder, she laughed at me when I was off balanced! But she has something that I could never have. She’s human.

Seohyun POV

Only a few more days and Kyuhyun Oppa will be discharged and Vic unnie is so sad. She’s spending all the time she has to be with Kyuhyun Oppa. She even went to Doc. Siwon to request if she could be Kyuhyun’s personal nurse during his stay here. And he allowed it because Victoria has always been the best nurse so far. But still, Victoria and Nickhun has an arranged marriage to follow. It was the important call Mr. Song said. Today, Nickhun Oppa visited the hospital. He was looking for his bride-to-be because they have to check their clothes for the wedding which will be next month already. But as usual, Victoria Unnie was in Kyuhyun Oppa’s room, and she told me to stall Nickhun Oppa and don’t say where she is. Even though she dislikes Nickhun Oppa, she doesn’t want him to get hurt.

“Seohyun-ah! Where’s Vic?”

“Uhm. She went to the CR. So, what did you bring today?” I said with a big grin on my face.

“Aigoo. I forgot to buy some food for you guys. I only bought this bunch of roses for Vic.” All of us nurses sighed.

“Psh. Then get out of here!” Jonghyun joked.

“Haha. You people only like me when I have food.”

“You are absolutely right!” Jonghyun joked again.

“I’ll just walk around.”

After a few minutes, I observed him. And I forgot that Kyuhyun’s room has a big glass window that you can be seen from the outside! And now Nickhun Oppa is in front of his room! o.0 I ran to him but too late. He kneeled down upon seeing Victoria Unnie feeding Kyuhyun Oppa. Even my heart was being crushed a bit. I went near him.

“You said she was just in the restroom.”

“Oppa, I…”

“You lied…”

“I’m sorry. I’m afraid you’ll be hurt. Even Vic Unnie is afraid to crush your heart.” He stood up still facing Kyuhyun’s room.

“Aren’t you hurt when you see this?”

“What do you mean?”

“You like Kyuhyun.” Gasp!

“No I don’t! How did you come up with that conclusion?”

“The way you sigh when Vic goes to his room, the way you smile when you have to go to him…I know how you feel.” He faced me and smiled sincerely and tapped my back before leaving.

“I hope Victoria Unnie will learn to love you Oppa.”

“We have the same hopes.”

Jessica POV

I’m sitting alone at Minho’s dining table blankly staring at the single goguma on the table while listening to Donghae and that girl’s laugh. Just as I was starting to zone out, they went near me and sat with me.

“Sica-ssi, I forgot to introduce her to you. She’s…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extremely sorry for the late update. The net in our house is down coz of unknown reasons. 

I'll update at least three chaps now. ^o^