Answers Little by Little Revealed

Beautiful Lie

 

An old lady dressed in rugged driver clothes went down the truck that had just hit Sica. My jaw dropped when I realized who she was…Madam Kim. She made her way through the crowd leaving the other angels shocked upon seeing her. They were mute and so are we. Just then, Doc Choi arrived and carried Jessica in his car and we followed them. Ma’am Kim rode with Siwon, Tiffany, Donghae, Soojung, and Sica. Throughout the whole ride to the hospital, I was silent. Eunhyuk held my hand tightly but not tight enough to hurt me. He looked deep in my sorrowful eyes and assured me.

“She will be fine. Don’ worry.”

If only he knows the confusion fighting within me. Questions flooded my thoughts.

Why did Jessica get hurt?

Why did Ma’am Kim hit her purposely?

Will she die?

What will happen to us?

We finally arrived at the hospital and everyone rushed to see Jessica’s condition. But Siwon said we have to stay calm and wait outside. Two…three hours passed and everyone just remained silent but tears were flooding our eyes. Ma’am Kim was silent as well. When the boys left us to go home and to buy food, the remaining eight of us surrounded Ma’am Kim.

“Why?” All of us said in unison.

“Sigh. I guess I owe you guys an apology, but…it’s Father’s decision.”

“Why?” we asked again but now our voice raised.

“Sit down girls.” We sat down and Ma’am Kim stood before us. She just simply smiled before speaking up. How could she smile at a time like this?!? “Jessica…she’s…not an angel.” Our eyes widened in shock and our jaws dropped. What is she saying?

“When she was 3 years old, a great flood hit the Tiff Hotel where Jessica was. Her mom was praying hard to keep her family safe, and decided to sacrifice anything. Father wanted to test her, so he got Jessica. Or should I say Jung Sooyeon. Actually, Father knew Jessica’s path would be awfully bad so he decided to change it. Jessica is living in heaven as a human, not a ghost, not an angel. We had to do this to show you girls that she’s not one of you. Now, Jessica’s parents’ test is done and Father decided to give Jessica back to where she belongs.” We were all silent. Jessica…Sooyeon…

Ma’am Kim broke the silence. “And I suppose you girls know that we know how you fell in love with those boys.” She said with an unreadable expression on her face. We bowed our heads down from embarrassment. We broke the rules.

Donghae POV

It’s been a week since Jessica’s under a coma. Her friends visit her everyday and even tells me to go back home. Ever since she got into this, I never left her side. What if…what if she dies when I’m not around? Ugh! I know, it hurts me to say these words but from how I see it, she looks helpless. I held her hand gently and a tear fell from my eye.

“Jessica, please wake up. I need you…”

She had bandages wrapped around her head, bruises on her face and body, a neck brace, oxygen tube connected to , and deep wounds. If only I could just be in her place so that she wouldn’t have to feel the pain. I was crying silently when someone tapped my back.

“Hyung…get some rest. Seohyun and I can take care of her.” Kyuhyun assured me, but I shook my head. I don’t want to leave her side. But Kyu’s right… I have to rest. Just as I was about to turn the doorknob, I heard Jessica mumble a few words.

“Um…umma…Soo…jung-ah…Ap…ba…I-it’s…me…S-s…” Kyuhyun and I rushed to her side and she was trying to move but she barely does. Kyuhyun held my shoulders tightly as I held Jessica’s hand.

“Speak Sica…wake up!”

“I-it’s me…S-sooyeon-ah…” Just as I heard those words, I sat up straight there frozen. Kyuhyun was confused and began asking me questions that I wasn’t able to hear because I myself was drowned with questions.

She’s Sooyeon? Jung Sooyeon?

Was she lying to me all the time?

Who are you Jessica?

“Hyung! Who is Sooyeon?!”

“Huh? What? Sorry Kyu. I gotta go.” I left him there swirling in his own confusion. I need time to think. Just as I was outside the hospital, I bumped a young lady. When she looked up, I was happy that she was Soojung. She was sorry for bumping me.

“Soojung-ah, can we talk?”

“Neh? Is it about Minho? If it is then…”

“No no. It’s about Jessica…and your sister.”

We were strolling through the park and we were silent for a while. I don’t know where to start. Finally, she broke the awkward silence first.

“You know, Sica unnie reminds me so much of Sooyeon unnie, based on what my parents told me. Whenever I see her, I feel like hugging her, telling her my deepest darkest secrets, and I just want her to be with me, to protect me.”

“Uhm…Soojung-ah, what if Jessica is Sooyeon?”

“Well, that’ll be great!” I can’t explain the happiness she had when she said those. Just as I was about to speak, my phone rang. It was from Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun POV

When Donghae hyung left, I saw Jessica trying hard to move in her sleep but her body won’t let her. Then like a creepy effect, she suddenly opened her eyes. She looked back at me and tears began to flow from our eyes. Finally, she’s awake. I ran to Seohyun to inform her that her unnie is already awake. Doc Choi heard me as well. We all ran back to her room and she was already sitting down on her bed and feeling her head.

“Unnie!” Seohyun began to cry and tried to hug her but she barely could because of her wounds. Siwon checked her pulse and heartbeat. Everything seems to be fine with her. I grabbed my phone and immediately called Donghae Hyung to deliver the good news!

Donghae POV

“Yeobeoseyo?”

“Hyung! Come back now, quick! Sica is awake!” I put my phone in my pocket and dragged Soojung back to the hospital and there I saw Seohyun feeding Jessica. She smiled at me. It pains me to see her force a smile at a situation like this. I rushed to her side and gently kissed her forehead. Seohyun then began talking.

“Oppa…uhm. Can you leave us for the moment? Unnie and I have to talk about something important.” She said with pleading eyes. I signaled Kyuhyun and Soojung to follow me outside. And again, questions…

Why can’t I hear what you’ll be talking about?

Are you people hiding something from me?

What’s that important thing?

Seohyun POV

I took a deep breath. Should I say this now? The unnies said I could but…sigh. My mouth kept on opening but no words came out. Jessica unnie looked at me with a big question mark on her face.

“What would you like to tell me Seo?” She said weakly.

“Unnie…Madam Kim…”

“Madam Kim what?”

“…H-hit you. You’re not an angel.” I looked away to avoid seeing her reaction. Even I don’t know how would she react. I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes. But after a while, I didn’t hear Unnie’s reaction. I looked back and saw her silently crying and letting her tears flow like non-stop.

“I knew it. T-then, what am I?”

“Unnie please don’t cry. That’s the good news. I know you love Donghae Oppa so much and longs to be with him. Unnie, you’re a human.” I smiled brightly at her to lighten up her mood. Her tears stopped flowing and she showed her bright face once again. Her lips curved a smile and she tried to hug me.

“Where is he?”

I told them to get back inside already and Donghae oppa ran to her and hugged her. He was beginning to tear up so we decided to leave them for a while. Soojung said she has to go back to her parents. While we were outside, the atmosphere between Kyuhyun and I was awkward filled with silence. I decided to walk towards my station but a hand suddenly grabbed my wrist. He then hugged me which got me surprised!

“When time comes…I hope you won’t leave me…”

What? Why is he saying these words? Could it be that…he knows I’m an angel? He broke the hug and planted a small kiss on my burning cheeks and ran off.



 

You all guessed it right! It's Mdm Kim! :) Sorry if it's kinda boriiing. I'm doing lots of projects so my mind isn't working properly. Mianhae! Thanks for subscribing and commenting! ^o^ I have 3 other fanfics too. Behind the Story, The Princess and the Pauper, and The Vampire's Revenge. :)