A Kiss?

Beautiful Lie

 

“She’s Sunye, my childhood friend. She lives nearby.”

“Neh…” She reached out her hand for a handshake but I just stared at it and her face with a cold expression.

 

“Anyways, I’ve known Donghae since we’re 5. Oppa told me that you met through a friend because you don’t have a house?” She turned her back to Donghae and gave me a smirk. Ugh! How dare she?!?

“Neh. And I have 8 pretty and KIND best friends, too which I’m very proud.” I said while pointing out that she’s not kind. I wonder why Donghae has a friend like her! She may be pretty but ugh! Look at her personality!

Sooyoung POV

As early as 6 in the morning I heard a loud knock! I got up and went to open the door with my hair in a frizz, in my Disney princess PJs, and with morning star on my eyes. Not to mention, I think I still have a drool mark! When I opened the door, a well-groomed man stood up in front of me in his polo shirt tucked in his faded jeans plus matching brown leather shoes with flowers on his right hand and a pink paper bag on his left. This guy here…

-Flashback-

“Everyone criticized my cooking. They said it was amazing but they kept on telling me to cook Korean food. But I don’t know how! I grew up in China and I only came here 3 years ago. At my second year here, my restaurant was a 5-star. But on this year, everyone left because they said Chinese food is so cliché already. The day I bumped you, my father called me and told me to return home to China because he said my business here is bad and said harsh words to my failure.”

“Hankyung-ah! Your food is delicious! You shouldn’t close your restaurant! You know I could help you in Korean dishes and some Japanese dishes too! And create a multi-cultural restaurant! You’ll be a big hit!”

“Really?”

-End of Flashback-

“Oh Hankyung Oppa!” I began combing my hair with my hands and removing the dirt from my face. “Why are you so early?”

“Sorry, I couldn’t wait to see you.” Then suddenly Taeyeon Unnie and Seohyun came out of nowhere.

“Oh Hankyung Oppa! Is that food?” They said simultaneously. Upon hearing the word food, another shikshin of the house, Yoona, went rushing to door.

“Food?”

“Ah, yeah. Here.” Hankyung gave the paper bag with the food in it half-heartedly to Yoona. Then the three ran off to the kitchen. When the three were gone,

“Oppa! You could’ve at least called me to get ready!”

“Sorry Sooyoung-ah.”

“Ah, please come in by the way.”

“Neh.”

Hyoyeon POV

It’s been days since Junsu Oppa didn’t come to practice. While I was practicing my routines, my phone rang. It was Junsu Oppa.

“Yeobeoseyo?”

“Hyoyeon-ah. Mianhae.”

“Oppa, waeyo? And where have you been? You’ve been missing a lot!”

“Eunhyuk didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“That I kicked him out of the group.” Eunhyuk suddenly appeared and said those painful words. I ended the call and faced Eunhyuk Oppa.

“Oppa, wae?!?”

“I don’t allow dating inside my studio and within the members of my group. I had to kick one of you out.”

“Oppa you’re so cruel! And we’re not dating! You’re not Eunhyuk! The Eunhyuk I know loves his friends. You and Junsu have been friends since you were young and you’re doing this to him? Shame on you!”

SLAP.

I slapped him hard. I don’t care if Taemin is looking at us but Eunhyuk deserves it. I packed my things.

“If you don’t bring Junsu Oppa back, then I’m leaving!” I stormed out of his studio without looking at him.

Donghae POV

I noticed during dinner Jessica didn’t say a word. She’s been like this since Sunye came. I don’t like this Jessica; I want the cute and talkative one. When Sunye went to wash the dishes with Minho, Sica was in the terrace. I decided to follow her.

“Sicaaa…”

“Hm?” She said blankly. And she didn’t even bother to look at me.

“What’s the matter? You’ve been quiet.” Still, no response. “Sica…”

“I’m confused. Please…just leave me alone first.”

“The wind is getting colder, you should get in now.” I’m worried that she might get sick since she’s just wearing a plain white sleeveless dress which is above the knees in this cold weather. Still, she won’t talk.

“Ok, I’ll leave. But go in now.” I left her wondering in her thoughts there. When I entered my room and Jessica’s, I saw Sunye sleeping on our bed! She seemed tired. I slept on the floor but I didn’t know she was awake.

“Oppa, sleep with me here. I’m scared.”

“Sunye-ah, you’re awake? Why didn’t you go home and sleep there?”

“I’m alone in our house this week. I don’t want to be alone. Oppa, please sleep beside me. I’m really scared.”

Aish. This is not like Sunye. Sunye isn’t a scaredy cat. She’s even braver than me. What is she up to?

Sunye POV

I got separated from Donghae. I love you since we met. But you only treated me like a little sister. You’re a hard rock. Now, I will never let you go. And that Jessica? Psh. She’s nothing compared to me. Soon, she’ll be out of Donghae’s life. I’ll be the only girl in his life, AND NO ONE ELSE. I bet when she enters this room, she’ll be too heartbroken when she sees us. She’ll leave for sure.

Donghae POV

I got up to the bed and slept beside Sunye. Suddenly, she hugs my back and won’t let go! Ugh. Where’s Sica? It’s 2 in the morning and she’s not yet here. I removed Sunye’s hand and went outside.

I closed the door immediately. When I went to the terrace, I saw Jessica sleeping on the small bench. She’s shivering. I got my jacket and wrapped it around her. I kneeled down and looked at her face. She’s prettier when she’s sleeping. I kissed her forehead and carried her in a bridal style to Minho’s room.

“Minho-ya, would you mind if we sleep here? Sunye is sleeping in our room.”

“Neh.”

I laid Jessica down in Minho’s bed and she began sleep talking.

“Oppa…don’t…don’t leave me…”

“I won’t…” I whispered and slept beside her. I hugged her on the waist and slept soundly. “Good night my princess.”

Jessica POV

When I woke up, I felt a hand on my waist. I turned around to see my sleeping fish.

 

I brushed his hair aside to see the perfection of his face. He’s sleeping like an angel. I placed my palm on his face and brought my face near to him. I could already feel his breath on my face. Lee Donghae, I love you. I hope I could be with you forever. Father, I’m sorry. I love him. Please don’t separate us. My lips are only a centimeter away from his...