Chapter 1 Going Down

Beautiful Lie

 

How could I fall for a human like him? I’m not a human…but why do I feel this one thing that only creatures of the Earth can feel? Love…

 

Jessica POV

As I floated through the white soft cloud, Ma’am Kim, the head and the oldest angel, called us students to form one line. We did as what she told us.

“Ok, angels. Father just told me something important. He wanted some of you to come down to Earth to see how humans live.” All of us gasped in excitement!

Then Tiffany sighed because she knew she wouldn’t have the chance to be back on Earth again. But she remained calm.

“Ok, please step forward as I call your name. Taeyeon.”

Being the most childish and dorkiest angel in heaven she jumped for joy and kept yelling, “I’ll be on Earth! I’ll be on Earth!”

“Taeyeon, keep your cool, dear.” Ma’am Kim said. “Next, Tiffany.”

Tiffany’s jaw dropped when she heard her name. She couldn’t believe that God gave her another chance to be on Earth! I smiled at her at she gave me her eye-smile.

“Next is…Hyoyeon.” Her face lit up when she heard her name. “I can finally meet my idol!” She yelled.

“Then next is…Yoona.” Being the most matured angel and serious one, she just smiled and nodded, and stepped forward. Gosh, if I were her I’ll be jumping for joy.

“Then…” Ma’am Kim smiled and looked at me. “Jessica!” OMO! Really? Like I said, I jumped for joy! I gave Yoona a ‘thumbs up’ and she just smiled back. Boy, can’t she do anything else than smile?

Ma’am Kim called the next angel, “Soonkyu, please step forward.” She shyly stepped forward. I held her hand so she won’t feel nervous. She used to say that I’m her best friend.

"Then, Seohyun!" She quietly stepped forward. "I can finally meet Keroro." She whispered and let out a small "YES!"

“Next, Sooyoung.” Then she shook some of the angels like Sulli and Luna and skipped to our line. And then when Yuri’s name was called, she was the most excited one.

“Everyone, did you hear that?!? I’m going to Earth! Kya~!” She exclaimed.

Almost all angels were happy that Yuri will be going down to Earth because she just doesn’t fit much in heaven. Then Ma’am Kim talked to the nine of us.

“Girls, you are given 5 months to know how to live like humans. But may I warn you, human life is different from living in heaven. Since you are angels, you won’t be hurt like getting cuts and wounds, bruises, sickness, etc. Any questions?”

Then Taeyeon asked, “Ma’am. Kim, where will we stay?” And the rest of us gave Ma’am Kim a quizzical look.

“Oh, right. About that, since you are Korean angels, you will be sent to the heart of Korea, Seoul. I found a dorm for you there. Here’s the map.” While we were looking at the map, Ma’am Kim called Tiffany.

“Tiffany, come here for a while.” Then Tiffany went near her.

“Yes?”

“I know you are confused why you were chosen. Your only job there on Earth is to help out your other sisters down there. Of course they could ask for help from other humans, but NO human should know that you are angels. Arasseo?” Then Tiffany nodded and went back to us, and explained everything to us. But there is still one thing I wanted to ask Ma’am Kim personally.

“Ma’am, almost all of us are ready to go down except one.”

“And who is that?”

“The truth is…” I let out a deep sigh, “it’s me. You see, they have wings but me. Why is that? And how could I go down if I don’t have wings?”

Then Ma’am Kim smiled at me. “You see, Jessica, you are chosen to go down for a reason. You will see why once you’re there. Use your head on how you will go down.”

“Oh, I see. So you mean, I will get my wings when I learn how to be a human! And I could just fall down on Earth because you said we wouldn’t be hurt anyway!”

“No! Please don’t jump from heaven to Earth! But your purpose there is for you find out.”

I went back to my sisters and I asked Soonkyu if she could give me a ride down there and she shyly said yes. The other girls let out their wings and readied themselves to fly down. I held Soonkyu’s hand tightly and finally, we’re going doooooooooooooooooown!

 

We landed safely on a beach and started looking for the dorm. When we reached it, we started looking for humans in Seoul. Unfortunately, we were wearing a plain white dress because we are angels! It’s very different from the people around us. They were wearing fancy and stylish clothes, and we don’t even have shoes! This is gonna be hard on us.

As I was wandering Seoul, the wind got colder. I kept on rubbing my arms for warmth and sat down under an apple tree on a park. It’s getting dark and colder and I still couldn’t find a human that I like. Then someone went near me and said, “Miss, you seem cold. Would you mind if you wear my jacket?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it's short. It's my first day of school today and I had to do some school work! I'll update soon, don't worry! Maybe tomorrow or later. ^o^