Creating Memories

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The funny thing that had happened was how close Yonghwa and I had become. Along the three days of staying by his side, listening to the story of his life in the orphanage before and after I came and how he sees Moonsik as more than a butler. The humble side of Yonghwa was appealing somehow. How could I’ve missed it? The way he told the story of his life was as if I was reading his biography. Give him a pen and some papers he could’ve write a whole novel.

 

Walking around the garden seemed to make a wonderful healing therapy for him. His usual smile filled with lively colours made me sure that he was fine then. “So, tomorrow is my actual first day of working. Where do you want to go boss?” I asked. He was just walking behind me plucking random flowers then compiling them into a bouquet in his hands. “I told you... Just ‘Yonghwa’...” he tiredly reminded. I only laughed. He smiled at me before sitting himself on nearby bench. “I’m thinking somewhere far... I want to start a journey” he thought aloud. “Do you have any recommendations?”

 

“What kind of journey? I don’t think a journey like treasure hunting is what you’re looking for, right?” I replied with an absent mind. He simply shrugged, “I don’t need more riches...I have more than enough to feed me for a century” he said and I nodded. He could pass for a king if he had more riches in his hands.

 

He abruptly turned to me with beaming eyes; beautiful if I may add, with one knee down he held his bouquet to me. “Yonghwa ssi...” I swear my heart fluttered and I was trying my best not to be obvious because aside from Kyuhyun oppa, I have never been flattered by any other man. I arched an eyebrow looking as if I was annoyed. “Don’t make me regret befriending you again” I said.

 

He giggled but continued on his knees. “I’m just trying to propose an idea to you Joohyun ssi. Please don’t hate me” he said while faking a puppy-eyed look while I on the other hand, faking a frown, took the bouquet from him. “Since you are my very first friend, I would like to create new memories with you” he continued.

 

I thought about it for a while but then I remembered him saying he had friends here before he left to the U.S. “What if we drag a few of your old friends along Yonghwa ssi? If it’s only the two of us, don’t you think it’ll kind of lead to misunderstandings?”

 

“What sort of misunderstandings?” he asked almost too innocently. I didn’t buy it. “Oh come on Yonghwa ssi...” I said. He only looked at me. I sighed. “People might think we’re dating” I said to him almost into a whisper.

 

He looked blankly at me. “I can’t hear you Joohyun ssi”

 

Feeling somewhat defeated, I could only shook my head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter