We Are Brothers

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun’s P.O.V

Greed.

The sole and core reason he left his wife and Yonghwa is greed. This man is rotten with greed. I remembered when dad used to come home late and later on mom will start screaming at him and before you know it they both were screaming into each other’s faces. Dad would say he’s not out there late having a good time but for the money, the money he accused mom had over spent. Mom would retort dad’s allegation of course. I remember I vowed to myself to not ever be greedy or selfish. It is a very bad character a human being should possess but here I am years later witnessing the by-products of greed and selfishness; a severed family and a destroyed childhood.

“YOU LEFT YOUR WIFE AND SON JUST FOR THAT AGREEMENT!” tears had run down Minhyuk’s face by then. I don’t know what had crossed his mind. Probably shame after finding out that he is being brought up in an egocentric family.

Yonghwa who sat next to me was silent. His demeanour seemed defeated. I reached out to him and I think only then he realised that everything Mr. Kang said was true. The look on his face was of pure disbelieved.

“It wasn’t a difficult thing wasn’t it? Letting me and mom go?” Yonghwa said. “That agreement has made you a rich man, you having a nice life with a new wife and son… you threw me away when I became a burden in your eyes”

Mr. Kang was silent. His eyes don’t deny what Yonghwa had said.

“Tell me…” Yonghwa’s breath hitched, “After all these years leaving me behind… why the hell are you meeting me for?”

“Oh my God!” Minhyuk suddenly snapped. “I think I’m beginning to understand the situation here”

“What is it?” said Yonghwa, probably his first respond to his half-brother.

It turned out that their company is on the verge of bankruptcy. “And you wanted to merge my company with yours…” Yonghwa said with a mocking smile on his face. I am getting worried. He’s only been rested for a day and now I’m afraid he is going to get bedridden again. But what can I do in the middle of this family dispute?

“Yes” Mr. Kang said almost too immediately. “That company initially belonged to me. Your mother won the court claiming that she holds most of the share”

“FATHER! FOR GOODNESS SAKE HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!” Minhyuk screamed. “I’m out of here… Yonghwa ssi… I’m very sorry. I am never, ever going to bother you again I promise”

“Kang Minhyuk!” Mr. Kang called out as Minhyuk went out the door leaving him the only party for negotiation.

I strode next to Mr. Kang and probably said the meanest thing I have said to someone, “You should go to hell Mr. Kang. I wish you all the best” Right after that I grabbed Yonghwa by the arm and walked out of the conference room.

-****-

“Please don’t get sick again Yong” I said as I watched him lying quietly on the hospital bed. His face is pale again.

He looked at and gestured me to sit on the bed and so I did. “What is it?” I asked. He only shook his head.

“I’m beginning to feel sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter