The Jeongdongjin Surprise

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He has been bugging me to take him on a trip for these past few weeks and I don’t know if I should abide to what he wants or not. All I’ve been giving are vague answers to him like, “I’m not authorized to let you go on a trip”, or, “My schedule is packed”. In truth, I'm worried that another trip will tire him more but the latter is true also. I am as busy as a bee ever since Yonghwa put me as the second person in charge of his legacy next to Minhyuk. I have been handling his business matters from his home, under his guidance supposedly but I ended up taking full charge while Minhyuk handles the rest of the official affairs at the office. As of now, I am sitting on his desk proof-reading and re-writing reports while he was sitting leisurely on his couch.

“Seo Joohyun… Hyunnie~ Hyun~ Hyun~” he called out and I laughed every time. Purposely he sounded like a wounded moose.

“Jung Yonghwa…” I said laughing out his name. “I’m busy with the work that you’re supposed to be doing”

“You’re the boss Hyun. Leave that to everyone” he said with a grin. “Spend time with me. You know I don’t have that much time” I lose my smile because of what he said.

“You’re guilt-trapping me again Mr. Jung Yonghwa” I replied as I sat next to him. “If you’re bugging me with another trip, I am leaving this room. Guilt-traps are not going to work”

He laughed. “Alright…”

He didn’t say anything at first until he took my hand into his. “You know, I can’t help but notice this ring” he said. It was the ring he bought when we were just getting to know each other. I think I have feelings for him at that point. I didn’t have the slightest recollection of him back then.

“Yeah… I was wondering what happen to yours. You lost our friendship ring?” I said.

He looked at me questioningly with his usual cheeky smile. “You’re the worst you know that right” was all he said. “I never took the ring off you oblivious best friend!” he laughed.

“Really?” I said in disbelief.

“Really! Look at it!” he then showed me a piece of rusty, metal band he called a ring. “I wore it every day because I was afraid of losing it. My ring literally melts! Look at it! Is this really a ring?”

I laughed because indeed, his ring no longer looks like a ring but rather a plain looking rusty metal ring. It looks so pathetic that I can’t stop laughing.

“You’re supposed to be apologizing to me for not noticing” he said nudging me on my elbow. I only rolled my eyes. “I see you with the ring on every day you know”

Truth to be told, I treasure the ring a little too much. To me, the ring is our promise. We promised to each other to stand by one another and I nearly broke that promise. “It’s our friendship token of course I put it on every day. I mean I have to since my best friend is my boss” I dally. He smiled. “And for another reason as well” I added.

“What reason?” he asked as he nuzzled next to me. His warmth immediately engulfed me; which also worries me.

“I liked you even before I realise I care for you” I admitted. He gave me the cheekiest smile he could make. “Don’t smile at me like that! Don’t forget you’ve admitted to putting the ring on every day, doesn’t that indicate you are feeling the same thing?”

Gently he patted me on my head and said, “I like and care for you ever since I met you babo ya…”

His statement brought me back to the past and I do realise my slow intake of what was going on before me. I should’ve noticed Yonghwa’s frequent fevers, I should’ve notice why he didn’t bother to have driving license (because a dying man won't be needing it) and most of all I should’ve notice his love when we met Kyuhyun.

“You know what…” I said to him. “I’m not going to waste anymore of your time. We’re going for the trip you want so much”

“The guilt trap works huh?” he smiled.

I gave him a peck on his warm forehead, “Hell yeah it does”

 

 

(Writer’s P.O.V)

“You bought a bus just to make me agree to this trip” said Jonghyun with a baffled expression as he stood before the brand new vehicle. “You’ve gone overboard Jung Yonghwa”

Slowly walking towards his baffled friend, Yonghwa placed his arm across Jonghyun’s shoulder and winked. “You told me you’re not letting me travel with an ambulance my friend, thus the bus. Happy?”

Jonghyun tittered. “You one crazy buffoon. Are we waiting for anyone else?” he asked as he helped Yonghwa get on the bus.

“We’re waiting for my cousin” Seohyun suddenly added. “Oh! And Minhyuk too!”

“There they are!” Taeyon called out from below as she was packing their luggage at thee bus’s trunk. “All right! Everyone is here… except for our driver, Hyoyeon and Jungshin”

Minhyuk looked around for a while, “Moonsik ajusshi should already be here”

Krystal who was already on board went towards both Taeyon and Minhyuk and whispered something to them, “They have something to take care of first…” she said. Seohyun noticed this but kept quiet instead. Not too long after that Moonsik arrived looking rather rushed. His usually tucked shirt was untucked and his hair was everywhere followed by both Hyoyeon and Jungshin.

To Seohyun, the ride was kind of quiet. Everyone seemed to be keeping their conversations to their partners and even the usually cheery Moonsik is unusually quiet and focused on his driving; which never happened.

“Yong… I was expecting this trip to be loud. Hyoyeon Onnie and Moonsik ajusshi are being too quiet” she whispered.

“Maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter