We Meet Again

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining brightly and the day was supposedly warm but there he was slightly shivering. He had been sneezing for a couple of times and now his nose began to water. He took off his sunglasses, revealing his bloodshot eyes. “Aish...” he grunted as he wiped his nose. “Blasted Korean weather...” he mused to himself. He got off the car thinking maybe he should ran after Joohyun until he felt the heaviness on his head that he decide to stay in the car.“Idiot...” he said, mad at his childishness. Putting on his ear piece, he relaxed himself.

 

Seo Joohyun was right. He was crazy. They could’ve died just now. Folding his arms then closing his eyes he slowly drifted to sleep. Seo Joohyun was only a few meters away when she finally returned to her—his—car. She walked towards the car and noticed that the engine was still on. She peeked inside and saw Jung Yonghwa asleep. “How long have you been in there?!” she yelled knocking on the window. Yonghwa didn’t budge. “Yonghwa ssi wake up! Hey wake up!” she shouted.

 

She dialled his number, hoping he would wake up and thank goodness he did. He rolled down his window and sneezed. Before he could say anything Joohyun came to him and gave him a hard slap on his left cheek. “You really want to die?!” she yelled. Yonghwa couldn’t utter a word.

 

“You could’ve die idiot! Can’t you at least turn the ignition off for goodness sake?!” she barked and tears started to flow down her face. “Now why do I even care about you?!” Joohyun cried. She sat helplessly on the pavement. She couldn’t help herself. This man, most of the time, broke her walls; her brave walls. He broke it.

 

“Seo Joohyun ssi...” Yonghwa called out gently as he got off the car and sat next to Joohyun. “I am very sorry. I honestly didn’t know” slowly he closed their distance, “Please forgive me” Joohyun abruptly turned to him but instead of feeling angry she felt sorry. His nose and cheeks were red.

 

 Almost like a slap, she placed her hand on Yonghwa’s forehead. Both were then silent. “Your fever is high. You still want to continue this trip?” Joohyun asked now concerned at the feverish weirdo. Despite the redness on his cheek, his face was flushing pink. “Come on. Let’s get you home” she said almost sounding like a mother nursing her child. Jung Yonghwa still didn’t utter a word.

 

In the car, she fed him the medicine and told him to rest. She promised if he got better by noon they’ll continue their journey by night. Jung Yonghwa simply agreed. He slept throughout the way back to his mansion and when they stopped at a junction Seo Joohyun took a moment to look at his sleeping face. Although he seemed happy and childish, his sleeping face reflected otherwise. He looked sad for some reason.

 

Back at the mansion, Seo Joohyun spent her time in his room tending him; handing him tissues, damping his towel to cool down his fever and feeding him. It turned out that the road trip will begin only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter