A Bliss In The Rain

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her working attire was thoroughly soaked reaching into her undergarments. If it wasn’t for the box she was carrying, all eyes would be on her revealing blue polka-dot bra. She wasn’t on her way to work or neither was she working; the box in her hands was filled with her belongings. She was fired.

 

It was pouring rain on that day and she was soaking wet; people rushing to get themselves some shelter from the rain but not her because there were too much anger and disappointment in her that day. She was disappointed in everything, everyone and herself especially.

 

Slowly and unknowingly she slid herself into a bar and the moment she stepped her foot into the place all eyes sat on her. She didn’t bother. She was already deeply lost in her mind even when the waitress had already sat her on a bar stool. “Can I get you anything miss?” the waitress asked with concerned eyes. She shook her head, still in silence. The waitress left her alone after that.

 

The morning’s occurrence came back to bother her. Tears threatened to fall but the numbness held it for her. She thought about that morning. Where had she done wrong? Was there a time she neglected him?

 

“You’re too slow in everything Joohyun! This relationship—it’s dull to me... sorry. I can’t go on with this relationship”

 

That was all he said that she was too slow in everything and unfortunately what he said was true. Because exactly right after that she got herself fired.

 

“Omo... Joohyun ssi! What happened to you? You left your umbrella did you? Where’s Kyuhyun? Why didn’t he pick you up?” an elderly acquaintance from her office — ex-office — came to her unknowingly.  Misun questions rocked her mind to wake, finally realising her whereabouts and Misun’s questioning eyes, “Misun ssi...” she choked then finally she burst into tears. She cried and cried making strange and noises almost announcing to the whole bar that her life had fallen apart on that day.

 

Kitchen towels were used to dry her face and hair and after a few consoling by Misun, she was calmed for little while. The day’s event pushed her to the edge that she attempted to get drunk and only after not even a half a glass of beer, Seo Joohyun was drunk; face reddened and her voice filled the watering hole with strange laughter and cries.

 

“I’m wasted now aren’t I Misun ssi?” Joohyun drunkenly asked. Her eyes were barely opened. Misun was worried saying that Joohyun sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter