To Trust Or Not To Trust

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rather fine day, exactly a week after the ‘ambiguous Jung Yonghwa’ rescued her from further destroying her image at the bar. Right after the theoretical exam last week, he sent her home. He told her that he’ll call her once she’s ready for the driving practical but he never had. Moonsik was the one who made the call, arranging her driving lessons. Joohyun can’t help but felt neglected. His assurance right after her break down gave a sense of calmness in her in ways she couldn’t define.

 

She sipped into her warm yogurt, sitting in her favourite cafe; Kyuhyun’s favourite to be precise. She could still remember his favourite beverage, his favourite muffin... everything. She remembered his likes and dislikes, she remembered his favourite colour, and she remembered his favourite song. The relationship, although it was only for two months, still felt surreal to her. He was her first guy but in the end he chose someone else.

 

A passing black limousine broke her from her thoughts on Kyuhyun, reverted her memories back to Yonghwa. What kind of job could she possibly land on? Why did he want her to drive? Aside from those questions, the most captivating fact she obtained from Yonghwa was their meeting last week wasn’t their first. She sighed then a sudden tap on her shoulders made her jump on her seat. “Ya Seo Joohyun where have you been?!” a blond young woman standing behind her with an annoyed face was Hyoyeon, the only one person she trusted whole heartedly. “Don’t you know how worried we are? You kid!” she said practically yelling into Joohyun’s ears.

 

Joohyun was only ten when her parents died. After that she was taken into the orphanage until her uncle; her mother’s brother took her in. She met Hyoyeon then and Hyoyeon had always been there for her.

 

“I heard what Kyuhyun did to you! That bad person! I told you he’s not a goody-two-shoe as you have expected!” she said as she took a seat next to Seohyun. “Are you really okay? Where have you been missing for two days?” Joohyun stared into her yogurt and it took her a while to answer. “I don’t know...” Understanding the young girl’s broken heart, Hyoyeon couldn’t find anything to say to mend Joohyun’s broken heart. “And...” Joohyun sighed as she began again. “Someone gave me a job”

 

“Someone? Who? What job?” Hyoyeon asked. Once again Joohyun sighed. Hyoyeon noticed her distressing look and began to worry again. “Joohyun-ah... you’re hiding something from me?” Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter