The Ex And The Fake Boyfriend

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa was asleep when I found myself awake. I had problems returning to sleep so I decided to walk out of the car. Don’t be surprised. We were sleeping in the car. We didn’t go anywhere far. The unpredictable Jung Yonghwa wished to stay a night in the car; more like having the experience of actually sleeping in it. Of course I rejected the idea considering the risk of being mobbed in the night—at first—but soon finding myself following his wants. Thus, here we are; in the very parking lot close to the previous hotel we stayed in.

 

The night was a little chilly that we didn’t need the car engine’s running for air conditioner. I sat myself on the hood of the car thinking about the adventure I am in. Looking back at Yonghwa I find it extremely intriguing how he is living his life. It was as if he had nothing to lose. Considering him a guy with high monetary values he actually has nothing to lose. Maybe the fact that he had missed so many things when he was younger nurtured him into a hard core ‘adventurous’.

 

I watched him stirred and cried in his sleep and in that moment it was as if a part of me wanting to stay by his side just like the night at the hotel. Considerately I went back into the car, locking the doors as I enter. He shuddered at the impact of me closing the door. Lying back on my inclined seat I tentatively looked at him “Had another bad dream?” I asked.

 

“You’re worried about me Seohyun?” he smiled as he turned to me but this time I didn’t break away from his stare. I am worried about him. “It’s just the usual dream I have... nothing to worry about” he said assuring me.

 

“You want to talk about it?” I asked. His eyes suddenly looked distant as if he wasn’t physically right next to me. There is something hidden beneath his happy exterior and ever since Yonghwa and I got closer I have been hoping for him to open up to me. He sighed then for a while he simply stared at night sky.

 

“You want to go out for a drink?” he suddenly said to me. I folded my arms trying my best to defy him for once “No. But, if you’re willing to talk about your night cries then... Yes” I bargained. Nodding his head, he agreed.

 

--------------------------

 

“Of all bars that are open in this very morning, why do you have to choose this place Jung Yonghwa ssi?” grudgingly I gritted as I flashed him my death glare. Clearly he was having a great time humiliating me because here we are sitting on the very stool; in the very bar Jung Yonghwa had ‘interviewed’ me for this job.

 

“I like this place. That’s why...” he said adding a wink in the end before gulping down his drink. Is he trying to get me to like him or is the other way around because by now I feel a sudden hatred is suddenly creeping up in me. He nudged me on the arm before having his second shot and by then he became really annoying. He wasn’t drunk because the both of us chose to drink an alcohol-less beverage remembering our trip for the next day.

“Come on Seohyun... loosen up will you? Have fun...” he said to me—more like yelling—through the blaring music in the bar. “I am having fun with you! But not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter