Unsaid Confession

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; a type of cancer that attacks white blood cells almost like Leukemia and Jung Yonghwa has this residing in him. The non-stop frequent fever he keeps on having is one of the symptoms. I should’ve known. But we went to for a health check-up before and the doctor told me he was fine.  Could the doctor miss it?

I don’t know what to think. I don’t even know what to say to him. I can’t say that he’s going to be just fine. I don’t know how to face this. He kept me in the dark and I can’t say I’m not mad because I am. Also the idea of living without him is… frightening.

“Look at your long face Hyun… I’m still here aren’t I?” he said with a huge grin on his face.

My heart almost stopped when he has finally awakened. I reached out to him not at all minding the eyes that were staring at me. I am scared, frightened…

“Seohyun…” I heard him said. “I’m fine really. I’m not just gonna die”

I am not at all relieved. I mean he had been lying all this time and this could be a lie for all I know.

“Tell me the truth Yonghwa. How long have you known about this”

He looked at me sadly and I got a feeling that I am not going to like what he is going to say. “I had it a few years back… this is a relapse”

“You had this before? Was it when you moved to America?”

He nodded. “I moved to America for treatment and of course to handle my mother’s legacy…”

“So that is your secret you’ve been avoiding to tell me. It is isn’t it?”

He nodded again.

“But you still can get better right?” I asked, feeling hopeful that there might still be a chance he could survive this again. “I mean you’ve fought this before didn’t you?”

He held my face up to meet his gaze. “Of course, I can’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter