Cheering Up And Goguma

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stayed at his mansion eyeing him as he waited for the phone call from Seattle. Looking at him biting his nails in worry makes me nervous. I mean how bad can the fallout be? Yonghwa practically left his adolescent life to maintain his late mother’s business in balance and this is how it turned out? I vouched here and now that I am not interested in having any huge businesses what-so-ever.

“I know that the business is your mother’s legacy but you don’t have to act like this… There’s always a way to solve things” I said to him.

“But it’s my life… I couldn’t do anything about it. It’s hopeless” he replied and by the tone of his voice, he’s clearly at lost.

“Yonghwa…” I said as I turned to him, “No matter how hopeless the situation may get you should be able to stand up. Take me as an example”

“You?” he said questioningly. The room was already dark. I couldn’t see his face clearly but I’ll take that he’s surprised by what I have said.

“Yeah…” I nodded. “When I got dumped and fired on the same day I thought I lost everything. I couldn’t help feeling hopeless about my life. But after a while that feeling got washed away by anger and thus resulting in me being drunk and ended up here stuck with you” I said poking his arm.

I heard him chuckling. “Are you suggesting that I should get drunk like you and maybe I would be picked up by a random stranger that'll give me a job?”

“No…” I laughed. “What I’m trying to say is… if it wasn’t for you I’ll still be lying in bed wandering what went wrong. I’m telling you now that you’re not alone anymore. I’m doing exactly like what you did to me… So Jung Yonghwa ssi… get up your and fight!”

He was silent for a moment until finally I heard his soft laughs. “I never thought I could hear you cussing again…” I laughed a little until I felt his fingers locking with mine. “Thank you” he said softly.

It was then that I felt his breadth close to my ears. The feeling I felt when we were confronting Kyuhyun was similar to this moment. The flashback of Yonghwa locking his gaze into mine came rushing back into my head… until a knock at the door pulls me back to reality. The room was dark and there were only the two of us. “I’ll go get the door” I said trying to control my nervous stutter.

It was Moonsik, urging Yonghwa to eat. But understanding Yonghwa’s situation, I wouldn’t eat either. But remembering how easily he gets sick I’ll have to coax him to eat, “Yonghwa… Moonsik ajusshi is right. You should eat something or else you’ll get sick again”

“No thank you… I don’t have the appetite right now” he replied. I sighed.

In the end I head downstairs to the kitchen. I asked Moonsik to hand me Yonghwa’s dinner tray saying that I’m going to force feed him. Moonsik smiled and bowed to me. “Usually he’ll lock himself for days…" I assured him that that is not going to happen. "Thank you Joohyun ssi” he tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter