The Almost Complete Bucket List

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa’s POV

They are being too nice. I don’t like them when they’re too nice but it’s alright. There is nothing wrong with this. I think I am beginning to not mind how they are treating me. I am now treated like a piece of fragile item and I am absolutely fine with it; but not really. Ever since I can’t really walk on my own, everyone has been looking out for me. There is nothing to look out for. I’m a dead man.   

Right now we are on our way to somewhere secret. It is of course Seo Joohyun’s idea of trying to cheer me up. She said it was to help me complete my bucket list and a forgotten promise I promised her. I am glad that she is with me again but I can’t help but worry about her even more. Can she really accept the fact that I am not going to be around anymore? And this promise… I do know what is.

“You know I can still walk right?” I said in reference to why she brought my wheelchair along also as a reminder that I am not getting any better.

She nodded. “I know Jung Yonghwa but it is a high rise building and the entrance has long stairs. I don’t want you to get tired. You can walk around once we are inside. Okay?”

I smiled. This lady really knows me.

 

 

Seohyun’s POV

I know he doesn’t like to be treated this way. I can tell from his face that he really doesn’t like being so helpless but he just couldn’t help it.

I navigate the car a couple of blocks further and his face immediately lit up when he saw a familiar sight. “That is FNC building!” he said.

“Yup” I replied, “We are going to spend the entire day there” I say, slowly revealing my intention of bringing him there.

“The whole day?” he asked. “What are we going to do there?”

I nodded.  “Yong Choding… you do know what we’re going to do there”

“But how do you manage to borrow this place?”

“Jungshin Chingu helped out” I replied. “He works here”

He turned quiet for a moment and simply smiled.

I nudged him on the shoulders and smiled. “I hope the song is complete”

He fidgeted on his wheelchair. I bet he is excited. We waited for Jungshin Chingu at the lobby and when he appeared to get us it was really a heart-warming sight. He cried when he sees Yonghwa in a wheelchair. I guess Jungshin adores Yonghwa very much now because Yonghwa helped him to get this job. People might say that Yonghwa opened back doors just to help a friend but that is just how Jung Yonghwa is. Jungshin didn’t know about this at first but some blabber mouth blabbed about Yonghwa bribing the higher ups for Jungshin to get this job. That of course is not true at all. Jungshin is talented and a bright young man. All Yonghwa did was submitted Jungshin’s resume. The rest was Jungshin’s own doing. He landed the job as a sound mixer in this very building.

“I’m sorry Hyung…” he sobbed. “It’s just… this isn’t fair”

“I’m fine with it Avatar ya…” Yonghwa replied with his usual reassuring smile.  

Jungshin laughed and so did I. “I’m sorry…” Jungshin apologized again. “I’ll bring you to the recording studio now”

“Hang in there” I whispered to Jungshin. He nodded.

I watched them joke around as we made our way to the elevator. I wondered to myself as I locked my gaze on Yonghwa, in question. For all these time he has been hiding his illness from everyone, he continues to bug me to open up. He continued to touch lives even though he is losing his. But most of all he has given me an entirely different perspective in my life. Heck, even life in general. I always thought that being alone proves that you are strong but Yonghwa taught me better. He taught me to be strong to stand on my own but know when I need a hand and be brave to ask for help. He stood on his own long enough but by finding his friends he finds refuge. It only took me now to understand his reasons for taking me in.

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I almost didn’t realise both Yonghwa and Jungshin already stepped out from the elevator. “Sorry…” I said.

This is the first time ever for me to hear him sing. It was a random song though. Not the song he composed for me. He never really showed me this side of him. I’ve heard him whistle around back at home but never really his vocal capability.

“Jung Yonghwa ssi has a very nice voice” said the man sitting next to Jungshin. I think he is Jungshin’s senior or something. “What happen to him?”

“He has terminal cancer” I replied simply. I mean what is there to hide?

The man turned quiet. Only his hands were at work, pushing buttons here and there as I listen to Yonghwa singing. I bet he felt sorry for Yonghwa. “Too bad… we really need a talent like him in this computer generated industry” he suddenly said. I couldn’t agree more.

After about half an hour or so, Yonghwa told us that he is tired so the recording went on a short break. The other staff members were kind to bring Yonghwa somethi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter