Promise me

StUpId In LoVe~ ♥CL⊤&GD;♥

CHAPTER 18

After two days.

I woke up and as I stood up I felt heavy and my head wasn't heavy. My heart was heavy...

I never knew he felt that way, all this time when go out together. I feel bad for Hanbyul unnie, I hope I didn't ruin their mood. 

"Chaerin-ah hurry up! Your gonna be late for school." my mom said.

"I know, I know." I’m a little worried on going to school today. I mean my "friends" are mad at me. I don't know how I’m going to face Jiyoung oppa. And what excuse can I say to Hanbyul unnie for my sudden bi polar attitude?!

I was such in a hurry and I suddenly bumped into my book self.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch!" I keep on repeating while holding my right foot. I noticed a book on the floor. Must have fallen? I was about to return it until...

Ten ways to Victory.

I remember all that nonsense that they made me do. They made me look like a complete idiot in front of Seunghyun oppa but... if it weren't for them I would have been the same girl who was a loser. The girl with dark complexion with braces and big glasses.

I miss them.

They were the one who made me a better person. Especially when it comes to times like this but right now I don't even know who to turn to.

I entered the campus the first thing I’m going to do is to look for them. 

And yes I made up my mind. I’ll say I’m sorry, I’ll admit what I did was wrong and I just hope everything will be back to on how it was.

I saw them by the veranda.

"Bom, Minzy, Dara?" But they still won't talk to me.

"Please talk to me and at least let me explain myself." I said.

I sat beside them and started singing these days by Chantal Kreviazuk from the sisterhood of the traveling pants ost.

~ ~ ~
There's four roads to anywhere
Four ways to everything
We were unbreakable
We spoke our destiny
Let's take a moment out
Go where we never go
Let's make a new world now

Where we can wear each other for a while
I'll lend you my tears if I could borrow your smile
We'll get through tomorrow somehow today
Happy After...
Once upon these days


I started to cry as I relate our story to the song.

Minzy started to sing along then Dara followed.

Then one day we'll find
when we're looking back at this time
wondering how we've come so far from this
when we close our eyes

What's this life anyway
What's it to you and me
What are we doing here
Who are we supposed to be
I'll take a better world
I'll take anything
I'll take our little world now


"Bommie-ah!" Dara hit her at the back of her shoulder real hard.

"Stop acting tough unnie. It’s all okay now." Minzy said.

Tears suddenly formed on her eyes and she broke down.

"Chaerin-ah!!" She stood up and hugged me real tight while her tears were flowing down her cheeks.

"I missed you." Bom unnie said. 

"I’m really sorry you guys. I became a whole new person and left you because I was thinking that you’ll never leave me."

"Don’t say sorry Chaerin. We've forgiven days ago. I should be the one saying sorry for being such a bit*ch anyway." She said.

"So… how are things with you and Seunghyun?" Minzy suddenly said to end all the drama.

"These days? Nothing really. But I have so many things so tell you girls!" I said.

"Hearts day is coming in a few days." Dara unnie said.

"Don’t you have any plans? You know it will be his last hearts day in high school." She's right, last year’s hearts day he didn't gave me anything. It was from Jiyoung oppa.

"Did you already tell him that you like him?" Dara unnie said.

"No..." I said. Silently while looking down.

"No?! Are you serious? I thought you already told him since you were always together." Bom unnie said.

"I don't really hang out with Seunghyun oppa that much like Iiyoung oppa, but we also hang out sometimes, when we “bump” to each other." I said.

"Jiyoung? Actually their lot of rumors have been spreading that you two are going out?" Bom said.

"Really? W-w-well actually..." I hesitated if was going to tell them about two days ago. 

"What? And what’s with your tone?" Dara said.

Ever since I introduced Dara unnie to Jiyoung oppa I always sensed something between them or probably Dara only. I feel like they’ve know each other before since she always felt uncomfortable or sometimes too interested when Jiyoung oppa becomes the topic. 

"You see... when we went to Hanbyul unnie's rest house he u-uhmm... well you know what..." I said. I keep on making a not-so-obvious sign language.

"Sorry to break to you but we really don't know." minzy said.

"He uhmm k- ki- kiss-" Dara suddenly cut me off.

"He kissed you?! Where? How? When?" dara panicked

"At Hanbyul unnie's rest house. How? We were playing this game, when? Just two days ago." I said it straightforward

"Game?! What kind of game? Like those card games that let you do very uncomfortable dares?" Minzy anxiously asked.

"Of course not! You know tell me a secret?" I asked.

"Yeah." They said in unison.

"But if you won't say any secret you have to drink a shot of whiskey." I continued.

"And you drank it?" And as usually the ever so overprotective Dara.

"No! But someone took it for Me." I said, making a little suspense.

"Seunghyun drank it right? Or Jiyoung?" Dara said.

"Seunghyun oppa." 

"Uhh!! Your on fire baby!" Bom said.

"What??" Then we all laughed.

I'm so glad to know they are my real friends.

“Bell ringing”

"See yah." Bom unnie said.

"See yah!" I said then we went to our separate ways.

I saw Han byul unnie went to my direction.

"Unnie I’m so-" She cut me off.

"I know your sorry and I already forgave like ages ago!" She said with a big smile on her face.

"Ohh… Ahaha!" I let out a soft laugh.

"So tell me." Her expression suddenly changed from happy to worry.

"Tell you what?" I questioned.

"What happened about… you know! Jiyoung…" Han byul unnie said almost at a whisper.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Obviously he told me. But I don’t understand, I really thought you two had a thing." She said.

"Yeah. Unfortunately he also thought the same thing." I said while looking down.

There was a long pause between us.

"So….. I’ll be going now. Take care!" Then she went off.

While I was going down stairs I saw the two talking seriously and made me suddenly stop.

"Hi Chaerin!" Jiyoung oppa waved at me while smiling.

"Hi oppa." I said with a smile on my face. I looked at Seunghyun oppa and I just smiled and he just looks at me.

…Seunghyun’s POV…

Me and Jiyoung were standing at the stairs drinking water.

"Hyung." Jiyoung said.

"What?" I answered.

"You don’t need to hide. I knew it long ago." He said.

"Can you explain yourself clearer Jiyoung." I said. What in the world is this guy talking abou-

"I know you like Chaerin." That took me back.

"What are you talking about Ji?" I said uneasily.

"You always get the girl. Well except for that one time." He let out a little chuckle. "Sometimes I just can’t help but feel intimidated."

"I really like her hyung. She’s not even comparable to either one of my pasts." He continued.

Every statement he says there was always an awkward silence. I just remained quite at one side, listening to him while he’s looking at the window. 

"Promise me. You won’t hit on her."

"Jiyoung, I-" I was about to say something until-

"Hi Chaerin!" Jiyoung waved while smiling.

-She suddenly came.

"Hi oppa." Chaerin said with a smile on her face. 

I was about to open my mouth and say hi but… somehow I can’t create a sound.

She just looked at me and smiled.

I didn’t even smile back, I look like an idiot. What’s happening to me? I feel like I can’t control my own body.

…End of POV…

Its not like I don’t want to talk to Jiyoung oppa but I just can’t help and be so awkward around him. Maybe not today or tomorrow or the other day but... I guess I’ll eventually get used to it.

When I went home I saw my mom and Junho's mom talking to each other laughing.

"Good afternoon." I said and bowed politely.

If his mom is here I'm guessing he's around here somewhere…

"Chaerin can you find Junho for me? I keep on calling him but his phone is out of service." Junho’s mom said.

"O-okay." Urghh!!! That guy always causes trouble.

I went outside to take a short walk because I had to look for that brat!

"Oh! Chaerin ah!" I turn around and saw Junho. Well I didn’t expect to find him so easily.

"Yah! Your mom is looki-" He ran quickly towards me and covered my mouth with his big hands. His was behind me then I started struggling but he held my hands tight with his other hand.

What is he trying to do? Kidnap me?! 

I got really annoyed and bit his hand.

"Pweh!! Eww… your hand is salty." My face was foul of disgust.

"Now do you mind telling me your what your intention is?" I saw while I punched his shoulder real hard. 

"Ouch!!" Now my hands hurt so much. 

"Sorry." He said.

"Sorry? FYI I was the one who punched you and your saying sorry?" Freak!

"But your hands hurt because you punched me." He said.

"What?" This guy is unbelievable! "So you feel sorry for me!? Don’t you dare look at me so lowly and I don’t need your concern for me okay! And why are you so dressed up already? Didn’t you attend school?" I said. 

"I didn’t...... Chaerin-ah." He said while looking down at his feet.

"What now?" I said getting a little impatient.

"I’m going to Canada later." And that made me look at him.

"Later as in today later?" I asked.

"I know that you also want to go..." He said.

"Well, I do but-" 

"Then go with me." He said.

"Are you an idiot?! You know I can’t just go their anytime I want to. I still have to pack, and fix my visa and a lot of things and I have to say goodbye to my friends-" He cut me off. 

"Hahaha!!" He laughed suddenly.

"Are you making fun of me?! Do you think this is funny???" I said furiously.

"I’m not laughing at you but I never taught you’d response like that." He said.

"Huh?"

"I thought you would say “Me go to Canada with you? Not happening bi*tch” or something like that." He said. 

"Fine whatever, you win!" I said. Then walked away from him. 

"It wasn’t even a game in the first place!" He said and catches up with me.

Awkward silence.

"So… uhmm, what exactly are you going to do there?" I asked.

"I don’t know really." He said.

"So let me guess you just want to go there because you want to hook up with a white chick?" I said.

"I never said that. I wanted to enhance my dancing and singing. And learn good English pronunciation on the way." He said.

"Dancing and singing? Ahahaha!!! I could never imagine you do something like that." I said.

"Tsk. One day you’ll see me dancing and singing on TV!" 

"Fairy tales are for kids." 

Actually that’s exactly what I want to do. I want to learn more about the music industry. I always wanted to be one of them. Making and performing music while people will watch you and get excited just by looking at you. I think that’s the most amazing thing that could ever happen to me. I’ll probably also go to France if my dad would go again. 

My phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Chaerin ah have you found Junho?" 

Sh*it! I totally forgot!

"Ahaha! Yah… about that. We’ll be home."

I hanged up.

"Did I already tell you that your mom was looking for you?" I asked Junho.

"I don’t think so. Why?" He said.

"N-nothing!" Then we both went back home.

_ _ _ _ _
Author’s note:

So nothing much on this chapter just a little something for the big story coming up on chapter 19!!! Hoped you liked it. Please comment!!