Chapter 24

Can I Be Yours ?

(Park Shin Hye POV)

I got out from the headmaster room and I hear the bell is ringing and it is our go home time.. I walk to my classroom to pack my things when I see Yong Hwa get out from the vice president room.

“Chukkae, my Yong..!! You improved a lot huh ?? Second rank..! Daebak.!” I  said to him.

“Gumawo.. I improve because of you.. You too, my Shin baby.. Always, first rank.! I’m so proud of you..” Yong said to me and hug me. I hug him back and I parted away when I see Seungyeon and Jung Shin come towards us.

“Hyung..!!” Jung Shin said.

“Ara..!! Let me and Shin Hye take our bag from class first, okay ? You both wait four us here..” Yong said and grab my hand.

We walk to the class and have some conversation..

“Shin,..”Yong called me.

“Yes, Yong..??” I asked him.

“Do they ask you about the scholarship ?” Yong asked me.

“Yes.. Do they ask you too ??” I asked him back.

“Yes.. So, which one will you choose ??” Yong asked me.

I plan to answer him but Jung Shin come along with Seungyeon..

“Yah..!! What took  you so long ??” Jung Shin asked Yong and me.

“Can’t you see that we still packing our things, Jung Shin-ah ??” I asked him.

“Too long.. it’s almost 5 minutes..” Jung Shin said.

“Yah..!! it’s only 4 minutes and 10 seconds exactly.!!” I said to him. Really.. Jung Shin is impatient..!

“You know, we will have to go there soon or we will be late..” Jung Shin said.

Seungyeon only stand beside him and keep quiet.

“I’m done.. Have you finished, Yong ??” I asked Yong Hwa.

“Yes.. I’m done.. Let’s go..” Yong Hwa said and we all go using Yong’s car to the cinema.

After we reach there, Jung Shin hold Seungyeon hand and drag her to the popcorn stand.

While Yong and I  are queuing to buy the tickets.

“How many tickets will be buy, Yong ??” I asked Yong Hwa.

“4 tickets.”

“Why four ?? We follow them to watch the movie too ??” I asked Yong.

“Ani.. We will go out after 20 minutes the film run..” Yong Hwa said.

“Oh.. Okay then..” I said to Yong Hwa.

“And don’t forget.. We need to go to my house after that..” Yong said.

“Yes, my boyfriend…” I said to him and he smile.

We finished buy the tickets and go to Jung Shin and Seungyeon.

“Why don’t you buy popcorn for me ??” I asked Seungyeon.

“Ah.. I forgot.. Do you want to eat it, Shin Hye-ya ??” Seungyeon asked me.

“Ani.. Gwenchana.. I can buy it later.. You forgot me because of the man beside you ?? Yah..!! Lee Jung Shin..!! You may date her but don’t make her forget me, her bestfriend, huh ??” I said to Jung Shin.

“Ani.. I won’t Shin Hye-ya.. You’re still the one..” Seungyeon said to me.

“So, I’m number two ??” Jung Shin asked Seungyeon.

“No.. You will soon be number one, Jung Shin-ah.. Don’t worry…” Yong Hwa said and I laugh.

Then some minutes later, the announcer announce that our movie will start soon. So, Jung Shin held Seungyeon’s hand and bring the popcorn.

Yong Hwa and I follow them behind.

“Don’t you think that they are cute together, Yong ?” I asked Yong Hwa and held his hand.

“Yes.. They are cute.. So, what number am I in your life ??” Yong suddenly asked me.

“You ?? Number 1..” I said.

“Really ?? Number one ??” Yong asked me.

“Yes.. Of course.. Number one.. Together with my parents, your parents, and my best friends.” I said to Yong.

“Mwo ??” Yong Hwa said. “Yah.! Park Shin Hye..!!” He shout at me and I run to Jung Shin and Seungyeon.

Now we are inside the cinema. Jung Shin sit between Yong and Seungyeon. And I, of course, sit beside my boyfriend.

The movie that we choose is a horror and thriller genre. And good. I hate horror movie. I am not afraid. Yes, maybe I’m scared. A little bit.

Only ten minutes and the ghost appear. I can’t help but shout and hug Yong Hwa..

“Shin baby, gwenchanha ??” Yong asked me but I can’t look at him. The ghost is really something..!! SCARY..!!!

“Let’s go out here.. Come..” Yong help me to stand up and put my hand in his waist. He hold my head which I put on his chest. We finally get out from the cinema.

“Gumawo, Yong..” I said to Yong Hwa still hug him..

“Ne.. Sorry to make you watch it, Shin. It’s Jung Shin request..” Yong said.

“I know.. Should we go to your house now ??” I asked him.

“Yes.. Come and walk beside me, Shin..” He said and put his hand on my shoulder and walk to the parking lot.


(Park Shin Hye POV)

We arrived at Yong’s house. He let me to the living room and said that he will be there later. I go to the living room and see that Eomoni and Abeoji are sitting next to each other talking about something.

“Anyeonghasseo, Abeoji.. Eomoni..” I said and bow to them.

“Oh.. You’re here ?? Where’s Yong ??” eomoni asked me.

“I’m here,  umma…” Yong answered for me when he entered the living room.

“Okay. Sit down both of you..” Abeoji said.

I sit down with Yong Hwa next to me but I keep some distance from Yong Hwa to respect the older here.

“Shin Hye, Abeoji and I want to offer you something.. But I hope that you will accept it..” Eomoni said.

“What is that, Eomoni ??” I asked.

“Shin, you are a girl and live alone in Seoul.. It’s dangerous for you to live like this.. So, Abeoji and I have a plan to ask you to live here, with us and Yong.. Do you want to accept it ??” Eomoni asked me.

Really.. I can’t accept their offer.. they are too kind to me..

“Eomoni… Abeoji.. I’m sorry.. But I can’t..” I said.

“Why, Shin Hye-ya ?? It’s okay. We have a room here…” Eomoni said.

“What is the reason why you don’t want to live with us ??” Abeoji asked.

“Gumawo for the offer, Eomoni, Abeoji.. But I really can’t.. It’s not because that I don’t want to. But I really can’t. Eomoni and Abeoji are too kind to me.. I’m afraid that I can’t repay your kindness..” I said.

“Shin.. Please.. Live with us.. You know, I really like you when Yong Hwa bring you here..” Eomoni said.

“Shin Hye.. I hope that you can live here with us.. I am begging you, Shin Hye.. Abeoji already begging you. You still don’t want to live with us ?? Do I need to kneel in front of you ??” Abeoji said and standing, walking towards me.

“Ani Abeoji.. I will live here with you.. Please don’t kneel, Abeoji..” I said and stand up too.

“See ?? What have I told you, yeobo ?? She won’t refuse it if I  use this method..” Abeoji said to Eomoni..

“You are great, yeobo.. Sit down, Shin Hye.. Relax yourself..” Eomoni said to Abeoji and then to me.

“I will live here Eomoni, Abeoji.. But I want to do something.” I said.

“What is it ??” Eomoni asked me.

“I want to pay the rent for the room.” I said.

“Shin Hye, are you kidding ?? No…!! You can’t pay it.!” Abeoji said.

“Ani, Abeoji.. I will try to pay it..” I insist.

“Shin Hye, if you want to pay it, it’s okay. But I won’t receive money. You pay me in the different way..” Eomoni said.

“What is that, Eomoni ??” I asked.

“Resign from your part-time jobs. And work at my store. Start from next month..” Eomoni said.

“But Eomoni..” I said.

“I know.. I will give you some money too to give it to your parents. But you have to do another jobs..” Eomoni said.

“What is that, Eomoni ??” I asked.

“Wake Yong Hwa up every morning.” Eomoni said.

“Only wake him up, Eomoni ?? Doesn’t it too easy ??” I asked Eomoni..

“You don’t know how hard to wake him up, Shin Hye..” Eomoni said.

“Okay then, Eomoni, I will accept the offer..” I said.

“Great.! You will move to our house tomorrow.. Pack your things and Yong Hwa will help you tomorrow.” Abeoji said.

“Thank you so much, Eomoni, Abeoji..” I said to them.

“Shin.. Which university will you choose to continue your study ??” Abeoji asked me.

Oh yes. It’s Yong Hwa question too just now.. I know he thinks that I chose study abroad.

And I answered..”Abeoji.. I chose….”

*flashback*

“Are sure with your choice, Shin Hye ?? You are our number one student.. You have a great IQ.. We can recommend you directly to Harvard or even Cambridge..” The headmaster said.

“Yes, headmaster.. I can’t leave Seoul. There are a lot of things I need to think of.” I said to headmaster.

“Are you sure with your choice, Shin Hye ?? I will give you one more chance.” The headmaster said.

“I will stay in Seoul and go to Seoul National University, Sir.. I am sure 100%. Thank you for your recommend, Sir.” I said.

“Okay then, Shin Hye. You can go back to your class..” The headmaster said and I left his room. And that time, I saw Yong Hwa step out from the vice headmaster room.

*end of flashback*

“I will enter Seoul National University, Abeoji.. The headmaster recommend me to there. I guess that Yong Hwa recommended to there too.” I said and I see Yong Hwa smile.

“I think you will choose Harvard, Shin. You said that you won’t refuse scholarship from abroad..” Yong Hwa said.

“Ani.. I never want to study abroad. I only said to see your reaction.” I said.

“You said, Yong Hwa was recommended to Seoul National University ??” Eomoni said.

“Yes, Eomoni.. Yong Hwa got the second rank this time. So the school give recommendation to the Yong Hwa.” I said.

“And Shin Hye got the first rank, umma..” Yong Hwa said.

“I’m so proud of my daughter-in-law and my son.. They both are so clever..” Abeoji said.

“Congratulation, my children..!!!” Eomoni said to us.

“Thank you, Eomoni.. Abeoji..” I said to them.

“Gumawoyo, umma.. appa..” Yong said.

“Should we celebrate it ?? I will cook something for our dinner..” Eomoni said.

“I will help you in the kitchen, Eomoni.. “ I said.

“Really ?? it’s good then.. Yong and his appa can have a talk first when we cook. Come on, Shin Hye..” Eomoni said.

*at the kitchen*

“What do you want to eat, Shin Hye ??” Eomoni asked me.

“What are Yong Hwa’s and Abeoji’s favorite foods ??” I asked Eomoni..

“They eat everything…” Eomoni said.

“I can cook steam fish, Eomoni.. Do you like it ??” I asked Eomoni..

“Omo.. You like steam fish ?? I like it too..!! Let’s cook it and we will think for the other foods.” Eomoni said and we started to cook.


(Jung Yong Hwa POV)

I stay with appa in the living room and I heard some laughs from the kitchen. Shin and Umma seem so happy.

“Yong.. Don’t ever leave Shin Hye.. Your umma. She really likes Shin Hye. I can see that she will be your wife later..” Appa said to me.

“Yes, appa.. I won’t leave her. Don’t worry. And I look at it too.. Umma seems happier when she meets Shin Hye..” I said to appa.

Appa only smile and continue reading his newspaper and I have some texts session with Jung Shin.

‘Hyung.! Gumawo.!’ Jung Shin text to me.

‘What to thanks about ?? Don’t you have another date plans ??’ I text him back.

‘Yes hyung.! Now we will go to the amusement park. I will text you later, hyung.! Seungyeon is back from the rest room. Anyeong.!’ Jung Shin text me.

‘Okay.. Enjoy your date..’ I reply it to Jung Shin and decided to read some magazines.


(Author’s POV)

“The food is ready..” Mrs. Jung called from dining room.

Yong Hwa and Mr. Jung go directly to the dining room meeting Shin Hye and Mrs. Jung. Although Jung’s family has a lot of maid, but the one who prepared for the food is always Mrs. Jung.

She loves to cook and Mr. Jung with Yong Hwa love her cook too. Mr. Jung sit in the middle and Mrs. Jung sit beside Mr. Jung. Yong Hwa too, sit beside Mr. Jung. And now left Shin Hye.

“Sit beside me, Shin..” Yong Hwa said to her.

“No..! I want a time with my future daughter-in-law.. She will beside umma.” Mrs. Jung said Yong Hwa.

“Umma.. You have a time with Shin Hye at the kitchen just now.. So let her sit beside me.. Okay Umma ??” Yong Hwa said.

“Okay then..” Umma said.

Shin Hye take a seat beside Yong Hwa. She take the rice and spoon it to Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung’s plate. And also for Yong Hwa and for herself.

“Thank you, Shin honey..” Yong Hwa said whispering hear Shin Hye’s ear. Shin Hye’s face is blushing. Blush a lot.

“Yong… Don’t tease your girlfriend there..” Mrs. Jung said.

“Okay, umma..” Yong said. Obey his mother.

And they eat the foos together happily. After they eat the food and let the maid wash their plates, they heading to the living room.

“So, Yong.. Bring Shin Hye to her home now. She needs to pack her clothes and another things. Help her to pack first so she only need to move here tomorrow.” Mr. Jung said.

“Okay, appa.. We’re leaving..” Yong Hwa said.

“Abeoji.. Eomoni.. Thank you for the dinner today.. I’ll leaving first..” Shin Hye said and bow to them.

“Safe drive, Yong..” Mrs. Jung said.

“Yes, umma..” Yong Hwa said and leave with Shin Hye.


Anyeonghasseyo yeorobun... Sorry for the late update. I'm so busy lately. This chapter is uploaded. Please enjoy and keep your comment. Thank you for reading... :)