Chapter 22

Can I Be Yours ?

(Jung Yong Hwa POV)

We reach my house. Shin Hye is confused why  I stop here.

“Yong.. Who’s house is it ?? So big..!!” Shin Hye said.

“My parents’ house..” I said.

“Your house ?? Really ?? Wow.. Daebak..!! Like a mansion.!!” Shin Hye said.

“Come on…” I said and unfasten my seat belt.

“Ani Yong.. I will go home now.. You can go inside your house..” Shin Hye said and her face went pale a little.

“What’s wrong, Shin honey ?? Let’s go together..” I said to her.

“Yong.. You don’t understand.. I don’t prepare myself to meet your parents.. I’m quite afraid..” Shin Hye said and lowered her head.

“Don’t be afraid.. My parents eat food. Not a person.. Gaja..” I said and pull her.

“Wait..!” Shin Hye said.

“What ??” I asked her.

“You go outside first. I will follow you later.” Shin Hye said.

“Don’t take too long..” I said and kiss her cheek.

I go out from the car and go to Shin Hye’s side.

She finally get out from the car and she bring some shopping bags with her.

“What are those for ??” I asked her.

“You will know later..” She said.

I pull her to walk beside me and go inside my house.

“Umma.. Appa.. I’m home..” I said and look for them.

“Oh.. You’ve back.. Omo.. Who is this beautiful girl ?? Is she your girlfriend, Yong ??” My umma asked me  and come towards me still wearing her apron.

“I will tell you later, umma.. Where is Appa ?? And umma.. Do you cook something?? It smells delicious.” I said.

“Your appa is in the library.. He was reading a book just now. I will go back to the kitchen first.. Just have a sit, beautiful girl..” My umma said to me and then to Shn Hye.

“May I help you, Mrs. Jung ??” Shin ye asked umma.

“You may.. But you both just from your vacation, right ??  It is better for both of you to take a rest..” My umma said.

“Who is coming, yeobo ??” Suddenly I heard appa’s voice called my umma.

“Ahh.. Yong Hwa is here with a beautiful girl..” My umma said and go towards the kitchen and then my father go to our direction.

“Just sit down first.. it’s okay.. I bet you both really tired from your vacation..” Appa said and sit across us.

After another minutes, umma come back to the living rom and sit beside appa. One of our maid, following behind umma and place four cups of tea. The maid permit herself to go back to her other work.

“So.. You said you will tell me who is she..” Umma said to me,

“Ah.. umma, appa, she is my girlfriend. Her name is Park Shin Hye.” I said to my parents.

“Anyeonghasseo.. Park Shin Hye imnida.. Bangapsumnida, Mr. Jung, Mrs. Jung..” Shin Hye stand up and bow 90 degree to my parents and then sit again.

“Omo.. Yong.. You are serious with her, right ?? She is the first girl that youbrought to our house..” Umma said.

“Ah.. Ne umma.. of course. I really love her.” I said to umma.

“How long that both of you dating ??” Appa asked us.

“We are only dating for two days, Mr. Jung. But we know each other well for half a year already..” Shin Hye said to appa.

“Ah.. Jjinjja ?? that’s good. Because I can see that our Yong Hwa is change a lot since 6 months ago.. He study a lot at home, the least thing he does since he born..” Appa said.

“Yong Hwa is a smart one, Mr. Jung.. He has a great score..” Shin Hye praise me.

“Omo.. Are you guys in the same class ?” Umma asked us.

“Ne, Mrs. Jung. We are in the same class.” Shin Hye said.

“And she always get the first rank in school, umma, appa..” I tell my parents.

“Omo.. You are so smart then, Shin Hye..” Umma praise her.

“Not really, Mrs. Jung.. There are a lot of peple smarter than me.. Shin Hye answered.

“So.. Where is your house ??” Appa asked Shin Hye.

“I rent a house in here, Mr. Jung.. My parents is in Busan. They are working there..” Shin Hye said.

“You stay in your rent house with whom ??” Umma asked.

“I leave alone in my rent house, Mrs. Jung..” Shin Hye said.

“Ah.. Really ?? omo.. You are an independent girl..” Umma said.

“So.. Your parents sent you money to school here ??” Appa asked her.

“Ani, Mr. Jung.. I got a scholarship when I enter the school. I have some part-time jobs.” Shin Hye said to appa.

“Some part-time jobs ?? May I know how may ??” Appa asked Shin Hye.

“I work as a tutor for some of junior high school students, then I work as a cashier on mini market. At evening, I am a singer on a bar. I work there only for one hour. But now I am not working in the mini market anymore, Mr. Jung..” Shin Hye said to appa.

“Why ??” Umma asked her.

“The owner needs to go to somewhere. So he decided to sell the mini market.” Shin Hye said.

“Why do you need to work at so many places ??” Appa asked her.

“I need to pay my living costs and rent house costs. And I send some money for my parents too.” Shin Hye said.

“You are a tough girl, Park Shin Hye..” Appa said to her.

“Thank you, Mr. Jung..” Shin Hye said.

“Let’s drink the tea..” Umma said. After we drink it, appa asked umma.

“Yeobo.. What kind of tea is it ?? It taste different from the usual tea,,” Appa said.

“Ah.. I don’t know too. I buy it from my friends..” Umma said.

“This is an import tea, Mr. Jung, Mrs. Jung.. it has a sweet smell and the tea is not so brown. They may be come from Taiwan..” Shin Hye said it.

“How do you know it, Shin ??” I believe now I look like I am so shock. Why my yeoja chingu know about this ??

“Ah.. I look it from the book, Yong..” Shin Hye said. whispering.

“Ah.. Geurom..” I said.

“Shin Hye-ya..” Umma called Shin Hye.

“Ne, Mrs. Jung..”Shin Hye answered.

“ Shin Hye.. You are Yong Hwa’s girlfriend.. So don’t call me Mrs. Jung. From now on, called me eomoni.. Or it is better that you called me umma like Yong called me..” Umma said.

“I will call Mrs. Jung with Eomoni first. Because I only date Yong Hwa for two days. Is it okay, Mrs. Jung ??” Shin Hye asked umma.

“Call me Eomoni then, Shin Hye ya..” Umma said.

“Okay, Eomoni..” Shin Hye said.

“Ah.. And called me Abeoji, Shin Hye-ya.. Since call my wife Eomoni..” Appa said to my girlfriend.

“Okay, Abeoji..” Shin Hye said.

“Umma, appa, I feel surprised..” Yong Hwa said.

“Wae ??” Appa asked me.

“I think you won’t accept Shin Hye as my girlfriend..” I said.

“Yong.. you are a very lucky namja. You met a beautiful, smart and polite girlfriend. You should protect her from anything..” Appa said.

“And Yong.. I want her to be my future daughter-in-law.. If I hear that you broke up with her, I won’t let you live here again.. and I will take your apartment.” Umma said.

“Don’t worry umma.. I won’t let her go. She will always by my side. Right, Shin honey??” I said and asked Shin Hye, put my hand on her shoulder.

“Yong.. Behave yourself. We are in front of your parents..!!” Shin Hye sais and whispering.

Then four of us talked about anything. Sometimes umma and appa have some nostalgic about their young romantic life together. I can’t help but smile. And I see that Shin Hye is enjoying it too.

“Eomoni.. Abeoji..” Shin Hye said.

“I buy something for Eomoni and Abeoji.. I hope that you like it..” Shin Hye said and take out boxes from the shopping bag.

The big one is for umma and the small one is for appa.

“Can I opened it ??” Umma asked Shin Hye.

“Yes, Eomoni..” Shin Hye said.

Umma opened the box and see a soft purple scarf. Wait.. I never tell Shin Hye that my umma really love purple things..

“Omo.. Purple.!! Shin Hye.. This is so beautiful…!! Yeobo.. Look at this.. Am I pretty with this ??” Umma asked appa.

“You always look beautiful, yeobo.. But mare beautiful when ou wear that scarf..” Appa said.

“Omo.. Gumawo, Shin Hye-ya..” Umma stand up and come to our direction to hug Shin Hye.

“I am happy that you like it, Eomoni..” Shin Hye said.

Appa is opening his box now and he get a red,silver and black strips tie.

“Yeobo.. Look at this.. Shin Hye bought this for me..” Appa said to umma.

“Omo.. You look so handsome, yeobo..” Umma said.

“Thank you, my future daughter-in-law…” Appa said.

“I am happy that you like it, Abeoji..” Shin Hye said.

“Okay. Let’s eat dinner with us together, Shin Hye-ya.. Come on, Yong..” Umma said.

“Gumawo for the dinner offer, Mrs. Jung, Mr. Jung..” Shin Hye said.

And we go to the dining table for enjoy our dinner.


(Author’s POV)

After the dinner, Mr. Jung and Mrs’ Jung request Yong Hwa that he had to send Shin Hye home now because it is getting late.

Shin Hye permit herself before she went home with Yong Hwa drive her.

Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung are on their bedroom now.

“Yeobo..” Mrs. Jung said.

“Yes, yeobo??” Mr. Jung said.

“Shin Hye.. I think she is the one for our Yong Hwa. She is kind and pure..” Mrs. Jung said.

“I know it, yeobo..” Mr. Jung said.

“Ah.. Shin Hye said that she rent a house, right ?? Why don’t we asked her to move over here ? We have a big house and we still have a guest room, right ?? It’s better than she live there herself..” Mrs. Jung said.

“But doesn’t it too soon, yeobo ?? Shin Hye is only dating our only son for two days and you request her to move here ? I am okay with that. But do you think she will accept the offer ??” Mr. Jung said.

“Let’s talk about it to Yong Hwa then, yeobo.. “ Mrs. Jung said.

“Then, we can wait him in the living room..” Mr. Jung said and left the room with Mrs. Jung together.


Anyeonghasseyo yeorobun... I'm sorry if I take a long time to update. I will try to update the story soon. Please wait for it. Sorry if the chapter is so boring..

Thank you so much for you who votes and subscribe the story and thank you for your comment too.. Keep your comment guys.. Feel free to comment. I will thank you a lot.

Two people will come back again to this story. Please wait for their come back.. Hehehehe.... Thank you for reading.. :)