Chapter 23

Can I Be Yours ?

(Park Shin Hye POV)

Yong Hwa’s family is very kind. I think they accept me as Yong Hwa’s girlfriend. I am so happy. Talking with Eomoni and Abeoji like that just now, makes me feel comfortable. I wish that I have a family like that.

*flashback*

“Eonni.. Why you always hit me ? I didn’t do anything wrong. You have tortured me almost four years..” I said to my elder sister. She is 5 years older than me. We always have a fight every day. And she always hit me or slap me. I can’t even slap her back or hit her back. She doesn’t like this before.

I have a happy family when I was in child age. Lovingly parents, eonni and oppa. Eonni and oppa always take care of me. We live like the other happy family. But everything change when I was 10. At that time, umma and appa have their biggest profit since they started the business. We lived with wealthy and we move to a bigger house. Money always came nonstop to our family. Although we live in a bigger home and we lived wealthily, everyone changes. No one take care of me anymore. Eonni has a new boyfriend and always ignore me. My oppa, who is 7 years older than me, always go to a club and have a different girl on his side. He also always go to a casino and ended to sleep with the woman who accompany him inside the casino. Appa never come back to our home. He has an affair with her new colleagues. He got caught when Umma went to mall and find appa kissing with the woman. Umma went home and crying all-day-long. I hate this family. I want my old family back.

Until one day, appa’s colleagues took all of appa’s money and business asset. We almost lost our money. But appa’s colleagues gave a choice to appa. To sell me and make me as her wife later and appa can get back his wealthy or lost his money and everything and I don’t need to be his wife.

Appa didn’t want to lose his money. Eonni and Oppa too. But umma is the one who beg to Appa not to sell me. Appa said he loves me too and said he can’t choose one.

“Appa.. We need a lot of money.. We can sell Shin Hye. Look at the positive side. If Shin Hye marry him, we will get more and more money from her husband, appa.. You don’t want to lose your money, right ??” Eonni said.

“How can you be such a cruel to your own sister ?? You want to sell her ?? How about if you are the one who he choose ?? Do you want to marry him ??” Umma asked eonni.

“Of course not. But what a relieve he chose Shin Hye. Umma.. Shin Hye can understand it if we sell her.!! Trust me.!! We need money to survive, umma..!!” Eonni said.

“Appa.. Please.. I don’t want to get married to appa’s friend. Don’t sell me, appa..!! I will do anything but please don’t sell me..” I cried and hug appa’s knees.

“Shin Hye-ya.. You have to understand, baby.. Our family needs money. What nuna said is true.” Oppa said to me.

“Oppa.. Why did you want to sell me ??” I cried and said to oppa.

“I have decided something..” Appa said suddenly.

“I won’t sell Shin Hye.! Let’s move back to our old home and start everything from below. We still have one more land to sell and we can live from that money.” Appa said.

Then, a week later, the fact that we are not a wealthy family spread swiftly. Appa’s woman was leaving appa and have a new man because appa is not rich anymore. Umma never talked to appa again since that time because appa is unfaithful. And the worse, Oppa can’t stop his bad habbit. He always go to the casino and paid some woman to sleep with him every day. Eonni’s boyfriend was leaving her and eonni was broken heart.

Finally we move to our old home. Oppa is not following us to move because now, Oppa was running away from us and be a hosts. He live wealthily with rich woman who wanted oppa to be his ‘husband on bed’ every time the woman needs oppa.

So it is only four of us. Umma and Appa still not talking to each other. Eonni always get mad and said to Appa that if not because of the cancelation of selling me, they will always be happy.

Eonni get mad and look at me with a disgusting face everytime. Eonni will slap me and hit me when umma and appa is working. Eonni even hit me with appa’s belt and make my hands bleeding.

Until one day, umma and appa suddenly talk again and realize their own mistake and decided to start a new life. Whenever they caught eonni slap me or hit me, they will always defend me from the slap. And that made eonni angrier. I can’t tell to my parents that eonni still torture me for a long time. Until when I reach a senior high school level, I decided to left Busan and go to Seoul.

Umma and appa not letting me go because our economic condition is worse than ever. And I promise umma and appa that I will get scholarship and sent money to them every month to make them have a better life.

I left umma and appa and eonni there and now I don’t know where is my oppa.

*end of flashback*

I did not realize that I am sobbing quietly inside Yong Hwa’s car. Yong Hwa stop the car at the side of the road and make me faced him.

“Shin baby, why are you crying ?? Did I do anything wrong ??” Yong Hwa asked me and caressing my hair.

“Ani, Yong.. I feel happy to meet your parents because they make me that I have a family again.” I said to Yong Hwa the half truth about it.

“You are lying to me. I can see from your eyes..” Yong Hwa said. and at that time, I cried louder than before.

Yong Hwa pull me into his hug.

“Why, Yong ?? Why I always have a suffering life ?? What mistakes that I do until God makes me live like this ??” I asked him and cry so bad.

“Shin, tell me what is wrong.. I can’t understand if you said things like this..” Yong Hwa said still caressing my hair.

And I told him about my past life.

“Shin honey.. You didn’t do any mistakes. Don’t look at the bad side, honey.. See. God has arraged something for you. If you don’t go to Seoul, you won’t meet me and be my yeoja chingu.. You won’t meet Seungyeon and Sulli your best friends.. And you can’t be a tough girl. Shin honey.. everything needs a process. Maybe when you left home, your family condition and the economy condition is getting better. No one knows, honey. But remember, God always help you and arrange something good for you. Okay ?? Uljima.. I love you, Shin…”Yong Hwa said.

“Gumawo, Yong.. You have listened to me and give me advices. I feel stronger now. Thank you so much. I don’t know what will I do without you beside me..” I said and hug him tightly.

“It’s my job to make you happy, Shin.. So, Smile.. don’t cry…” Yong Hwa said and kiss my hair.

I pull my face and look at him. I kisses him softly. He responded my kisses. We share the kiss for a long time. And I pull myself.

“Yong.. I miss my family..” I said to him.

“I know, honey.. Maybe we can meet them when we have a free time ??” Yong said.

“We ?? What do you mean ??” I asked Yong.

“WE IS YOU AND ME TOGETHER.” Yong said.

“You want to accompany me, Yong ??” I asked Yong.

“Of course.. I am your namja chingu.. You have to introduce me to them.” Yong said.

“you never failed to make me smile, Yong..” I said to Yong Hwa.

“You too,Shin. You are my life.” Yong said and I pull him for a hug and kiss his cheek.

“Let’s go now.. You need a rest..” Yong said and help me to fasten my seat belt and he drive me home.

“Gumawo, Yong..” I said when we reach my home.

“Hm.. Go inside now..” Yong Hwa said.

“Ne.. Drive safely okay ? Call me when you reach home.. Good bye..” I said and peck his lips.

“Good bye..” He said and left my home with a smile.


(Jung Yong Hwa POV)

What I can’t believe is Shin Hye’s past which is not going so good. I know why she is a tough girl now.. But I feel relieve that she can open her heart to me and tell me her all past story.. When I hear her past, it made my heart aching. Hurts so bad. I have arrived in front of my house and waiting for my maids open the door. I take my phone out from my pocket and call Shin Hye. No answer. I dial her number again and still no answer. I go to garage and park my car as the maid already open the door and now they are closing the door. I try to dial Shin Hye’s number again. And finally, connected.

“Yes, Yong ?? Have you reach home ??” She asked me.

“Ne.. I am in my garage now.  Still in my car..” I answered.

“Oh.. Go to sleep then, Yong Hwa.. We will go to school on Monday. You have to take a lot of rest.. I know you are tired.” Shin Hye said to me. Sounded worry. She can be my wife now..

“Yes, Shin honey.. Why didn’t you answer the phone just now ??” I asked her.

“I was taking a bath just now and I just walk out from the bathroom. Mian, Yong.. Take a bath first before you go to sleep okay?? It will help you have a good sleep.” She said to me again.

“Okay then.. Have a good sleep, Shin baby.. Dream of me, okay ?? Love you..” I said.

“Yes, Yong.. Dream of me too. Love you. Good bye..!!” Shin Hye said and end the call.

I go out from the car and go towards my bedroom and passing the living room when I see my parents are there.

“Yong..” Umma called me.

“Ne, umma ? What happened ??” I asked.

“Ani.. Take a bath first and come here directly. I give you ten minutes.” Umma said.

I feel like this is something urgent..

“Okay.. I’ll be back umma…” I said and run to my bedroom.

I take a bath directly and I have a quick bath. I go to my bedroom and choose my pajama. After wearing it, before go to the living room, I check my phone and I see 2 messages.

‘Hyung..!!! Don’t forget tomorrow..!! Our double date plan.. Good night, Hyung..!!!’ it’s Jung Shin.

‘Yong.. I want to call you actually to talk about something, but I feel that you really need to sleep. So do I.. So I decided to text you and talk about it tomorrow. Can you come early tomorrow at the school?? I will waiting for you at the park there.. Good night, my Yong.. from your Shin baby..’ And I really want to know what will she talking about. Can’t wait for tomorrow and I decided to reply her text and ignore Jung Shin’s message.

‘Okay.. Good night, Shin.. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow..’

And by the text, I decided to go out from my room and go to meet my parents.

I take a seat across them.

“What happened, umma?? Appa ??” I asked them.

“About Shin Hye..” Appa said.

“What about her, appa ?? You don’t agree with our relationship ?? But I think you accept us..” I said.

“No.. It’s not about your relationship.. it’s about her and her rent house.” Umma said.

“What do you mean, umma ??” I asked again.

“She is living alone in her rent house.. Your umma, really worried about her because she has no one to live with. I mean, no one accompany her. And she is a girl. It’s so dangerous, Yong Hwa. And about her jobs. It’s too much for her to work at three places.” Appa said.

“So ??” I asked them. I still don’t get it.

“Let Shin Hye live with us. And I will asked her to stop her jobs and working at umma’s ring’s store on our mall. Is it okay with her ??” Umma asked me.

“Really, umma ?? So, she will live with us ?? One roof ?? It’s good. She can sleep in my room, umma..” I said.

“No.! She will sleep in the guest room.! I don’t allow my daughter-in-law sleep with my son. I don’t trust you, Yong.. You may be ruin her life…” Umma said.

“Aih.. Umma.. I can control myself..”I said to umma.

“Let me think about it later.. But when she first move here, it’s a big no!” Umma said.

“Okay then umma.. “ I said.

“We have to tell her about it.. Can you please talk to her tomorrow, Yong ?? You will meet her tomorrow at school, right ??” Appa said.

“Yes, appa.. But, how if umma and appa tell her about this ?? If I say it to her, he will refuse the offer.. I will drive her here tomorrow.. Is it okay, umma appa ??” I asked them.

“Okay.. And Yong.. About the university that you will go.. I won’t allow you to study abroad. You have to work at umma’s rings store first. And then after 2 or 3 years, you will continue appa’s business.. It is a must, Yong.. You are only our son.. So, I hope that you understand us..” Appa said.

“Okay, Appa.. I understand.. Don’t worry. But, how about Shin Hye’s study ?? What if she study abroad ?? I can’t leave her, appa. I love her.” I said.

“I know, son.. Talk to her then.. Ask her to continue her study in Seoul..” Appa said.

“I will try, Appa..” I said.

“So, Yong.. You can sleep now.. You need to go to school tomorrow..” Umma said.

“Good night then, umma, appa. Have a good sleep.” I said and hug them before rush to my room.

I lay on my bed and think about Shin Hye’s university choice. I hope that she will stay here.

I feel my eyes is really heavy and I close my eyes and sleep.


(Author’s POV)

*Monday, at the park.*

“Yong.. Yeogi..!!” Shin Hye shout and wave her hand to Yong Hwa.

“Anyeong my Shin baby.. Have a good sleep ?? Do you dream of me ??” Yong Hwa said and hug her. Kiss her on her cheek.

“Ani.. I didn’t dream about you, Yong.. Mian.. I’m very tired.. How about you ? Dream about me ??” Shin Hye asked Yong Hwa too.

“No.. I didn’t have a chance to dream about you, because I only feel like I only sleep for two hours. But it’s already morning..” Yong Hwa said.

“Yong.. After school, I mean, after we go to our double date, you need to go home and sleep.. Ara ??” Shin Hye said.

“Ara… So, what do you want to say ??” Yong Hwa asked Shin Hye.

“Yong.. Where will you continue your study ??” Shin Hye asked.

“No other than in Seoul. My parents won’t let me study abroad. How about you, Shin ??” Yong Hwa asked Shin Hye.

“I don’t know too.. let’s see later..” Shin Hye said.

“Can you please just stay here ? Continue your study here ??” Yong Hwa asked.

“I still don’t know, Yong.. But I think I won’t refuse scholarship offer especially if abroad college..” Shin Hye said.

“Oh.. Shin, after Jung Shin’s plan, you have to go with me to my house. My parents want to talk about something.. Okay ? I will drive you, of course..” Yong Hwa said.

“Omo.. Why ? Something is wrong ??” Shin Hye asked me.

“Ani.. Oh.. The school bell is ringing.. Let’s go to class..” Yong Hwa said to Shin Hye and drag Shin Hye to walk beside him, holding her hand.

*at classroom*

Shin Hye is sitting beside Amber. And Yong Hwa is sitting beside Min Hyuk. The form teacher come and ask them to fill the data where they want to continue their study and what major will they take. They need to submit it to the teacher tomorrow. So the headmaster can give them promotion to their next university.

Shin Hye and Amber have a chat.

“Where will you go, Shin Hye ??” Amber asked.

“I don’t know too Amber.. How about you ??” Shin Hye asked Amber.

“Don’t know.. Still searching for a sport university. I will majoring in sport science I think. But I have maths.!!” Amber said.

Shin Hye only can laugh at Amber. “Decide it properly.. You can majoring in sport, not sport science.. And..”

Shin Hye doesn’t continue what she said when she heard an announcement from school speaker.

“Park Shin Hye from class 3-A.. Park Shin Hye from class 3-A.. Please go to the headmaster room now.”  

“Omo.. What is that ?? Shin,.. You need to go..” Amber said. Shin Hye bid good bye to Amber and leave the room.

“Jung Yong Hwa from class 3-A.. Jung Yong Hwa from class 3-A.. Please go to the vice headmaster room now..” One more announcement from the speaker.

*in headmaster room*

“Anyeonghasseo, headmaster..” Shin Hye said.

“Oh, Park Shin Hye, please sit down..” The headmaster said.

“I have to congratulate you again and again.. And this year, you got the first rank again.. Congratulation…” The headmaster said.

“Thank you so much, headmaster..” Shin Hye said.

“So.. I call you here, because I have some scholarship offer for you.. Harvard University, Cambridge University and Seoul National University. The scholarship is only for two people. So, we choose the first rank and the second rank.” The headmaster said.

“May I know who got the second rank ??” Shin Hye asked.

“Yes.. Jung Yong Hwa from your class get the second rank.” The headmaster said.

“You don’t need to follow the entrance test anymore. You only need to go there and join the class..” The headmaster said.

*meanwhile in the vice headmaster room*

“So, Jung Yong Hwa, I am so proud of you.. As I know, your rank is not so good before.. But I am impressed with your intelligence. You got the second rank.. Congratulations.. ” The vice headmaster said.

“Thank you, Sir..” Yong Hwa said.

“So.. I call you here, because I have some scholarship offer for you.. Harvard University, Cambridge University and Seoul National University. The scholarship is only for two people. So, we choose the first rank and the second rank.” The vice headmaster said to Yong Hwa.

“May I know who get the first rank ??” Yong Hwa asked.

“No other than Park Shin Hye.. The one who got the first rank since she started her school here..” The vice headmaster said.

“You don’t need to follow the entrance test anymore. You only need to go there and join the class..” The vice headmaster said.

“So.. Which one will you choose ??” The headmaster asked Shin Hye and the vise headmaster asked Yong Hwa.


Updated, chingu..! Sorry if i take a long time to upload this chapter. Hope it is not boring. hehehe... I want to say Happy Eid Mubarak days to whose who celebrate it.. Thank you for your comment and thank you for new subscribers and you who already subscribe my story..

Please wait for the other chapter.. i don't promise when i will update, but please wait.. hehehe.. feel free to comment this story..

Thank you and enjoy the story :) idlemoe.