36

My New Teacher [Interactive Story]

“Can we go get couple t-shirts?” You asked, since you didn’t really want to watch a movie. Why? Well because there might be a chance that you’re going to watch something scary.

“Why not.” He smiled as we walked towards the store. I looked through the racks until I found two cute shirts.

“Hey what about this one?” I said holding a white shirt for me and a black shirt for him, both of them have a character on them that was listening to music with headphones, the headphone cord was connected when you put the two shirts together.

“That one looks nice.” He smiled. “You want those?” He asked.

“Can we?” I asked.

“Sure.” He smiled as we went to the dressing rooms to try them on. As we walked out we looked at each other and laughed as we walked towards the cashier to pay.

“Nice choice.” The cashier said.

“Thank you.” I laughed.

“You two look like a cute couple.” She smiled as she handed us shopping bags to put our clothes in.

“Really? Thank you.” I said as Jongup and I walked out the store. “She thinks we look like a good couple.” I said.

“Yeah, do you think we are as well?” He asked.

“Maybe.” I blushed and looked down, what if he doesn’t? Wouldn’t that be sad? I’m just sitting here thinking we were good for each other and he thinks the opposite.

“Well I do too.” He smiled as he lifted my chin and kissed me on the forehead. “I do too.” I looked up at him and smiled. “So since there’s still time how about we watch a movie?”

“A movie? Depends…What kind?” I asked hoping it won’t be horror.

“I don’t know, we have to look to know.” He smiled as he held my hand and walked towards the movie theater. As we saw the posters for the movies out there were only a few here, they were mostly horror movies; I saw movies like Mama and Sinister. *Shivers* “What do you want to watch?” He asked still holding my hand.

“I don’t know I’m not the horror type of person.” I confessed.

“I’m not either, I’m okay watching it if I’m with someone.” He replied. “Do you want to watch Sinister with me?”

“Sinister?” Umm, I don’t know about that movie.” I stuttered.

“C’mon it will be fun, I think… But I’ll be there with you.” He said holding both of my hands facing me.

“I guess it won’t hurt. But it’s not going to me my fault if your arm hurt after I hold onto it.” I laughed.

“I promise, tell me if you’re scared I’ll be right next to you. Don’t worry.” He smiled.

“Okay, I’m trusting you.” I said as we walked towards the ticket booth and bought our tickets with some juice and candy with it. We walked inside the theater and looked around until we finally found two empty seats. We sat down as the lights were turned off, the movie was about to start. “Jongup I’m already getting scared.” I said since the lights were off and there were only lights on the stairs.

“It’s okay, next thing you know the movie is over.” He said and he wrapped his arm around me and the movie started. As the movie went on I soon covered my eyes at the part when the picture moves and looks at the main character. I remember seeing this part in the trailer, man I remember when I saw it movies I flipped out and fell off the chair I was sitting at. If I could I would give so many reasons why I hate scary movies. Well one is that after I see a scary movie the creature’s face would get stuck in my head and make scenarios in my head about me getting chased or witnessing something I’m not supposed to see. For example when I saw the grudge with my friends I was horrified at the part when she crawls under the bed covers, that part always played in my mind. Every night I made sure I wouldn’t looked under the bed covers, I knew I didn’t want to get dragged under by her. But this time I’m with someone I really like so hopefully I won’t make a fool of myself.

As the scary parts kept coming I held onto Jongup’s arm until the scariest part, well for me came up. I couldn’t help it, I buried my face in Jongup’s chest tearing up. I cry when I get scared. “Are you okay Haneul?” He whispered.

“No.” I mumbled. “I’m scared oppa.” Wow, I never called him oppa before, was I that scared?

“It’s okay Haneul, I’m here. I promise I’ll protect you. Don’t worry.” He whispered as he combed my hair with his fingers.

“You promise?” I asked.

“I promise, I won’t leave you. The movie is almost over.” He replied. “Can I tell you something?”

“What is it?” I replied lifting me head up a little bit.

“I’m not that scared since you’re here, if you weren’t I would’ve ditched already.” He confessed as he rested his head on mine.

“Really? So you’re scared too?” I asked, wow what a dumb question. He just nodded as I buried my head in his chest more until it grew quiet. “Is the movie finally finished?” I asked.

“It’s over, you can look now.” He replied as I lifted my head and saw the lights were turned back on.

“Finally, I thought I was going to die.” I laughed.

“Aha, well you didn’t.” He laughed as he poked my cheek and held my hand as we walked out the theater. He looked at his phone and smiled at me. “There’s still one thing before the day ends.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“Well, it’s like a game. You have to figure out what the surprise is before 7 p.m. if you figure out what it is you get something extra, but if you don’t then you don’t get something extra just the regular surprise. I give you three hints so you can try to figure it out.” He smiled.

“Okay, what are the hints?” I asked.

“The first hint is that you can only watch this at night. Second hint, it lights up the sky, and lastly it’s very colorful.” He replied as we walked out the mall and walked on the sidewalk holding hands. I wonder if it’s a water show.

“Can you give me another hint?” I asked.

“Nope sorry.” He grinned.

“No mean.” I pouted as we continued to walk.

Okay, so the hints are:

·        * Only shows up at night

·        * Lights up the sky

·        * Colorful

What can it be? The only thing I can think of it a water show and a fireworks show, I mean both are shown at night, they’re colorful and light up the sky. After a while of thinking I stopped and looked up at Jongup.

“I think I know what the answer is.” I said.

“Okay great it’s about time, you have 15 minutes left. What is it?” He smiled.

~ “I think it’s a fireworks show.”

~ “I think it’s a water show.”