08

My New Teacher [Interactive Story]

You put your phone away. But before you hide it you text Jongup one more message.

"Hey, I gotta put my phone away, my teacher is threatening me that she'll take my phone away. So I'll see you at lunch." ~ Haneul

"Awww...T-T stupid teacher, okay bye, see you during lunch." ~ Jongup

I finally put my phone away and listen to class. It was torture! I just sat there absorbing the extra information that I didn't even need. I just took out my notebook and doodled. Finally class ended, I have 3 more periods until lunch. 

3 painful classes later...

Finally, classes are done, time for lunch! After I packed up my things I left the classroom, the hallway was crowded with a sea of people. While I was stuck in the crowd I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head and I saw Jongup. We walked away from the crowd to another part of the hall together.

"Hey, you scared me." I chuckled.

"I'm glad I did." He laughed. "I should do that often."

"Why meanie!" I pouted as I poked his face.

"Haha, I'm just joking." He said as he tapped my nose. Within a few minutes the crowd was gone, Jongup and I were alone in the hallway. "C'mon, let's get lunch." He said as he pulled my hand towards the cafeteria. We lined up and got our lunches. Our school has a place where we can eat outside so after we got our lunches we walked out the cafeteria and to the quad. While we walked together I saw a few girls giving me glares, glares that are like saying "Ugh, why is she with him?" glares, that's so rude. What? I can't hangout with Jongup or are you just jealous?

We continued walking until Jongup found a table no one was sitting at. I sat across him and started to eat.

"So did you get caught with your phone?" He asked while he put some rice in his mouth.

"No, almost, she warned me." I replied.

"Okay, that's good, which teacher was it?"

"It was Ms. Kwon." I answered.

"Oh, her I hate her. She gets on my nerves." He said.

"I know right?" I answered and nodded in agreement. We continued eating until she came. Speak of the devil, Angel.

"Hey Jongupiee!? She said while she hugged his arm and kissed him on the cheek. It looked so sick, he even glared at her and took his arm away.

"Why did you do that?" He asked with a tone of anger in his voice.

"Why not oppa?" She asked with ageyo, ugh the ageyo was so fake.

"Why not? It's annoying, why did you kiss me on the cheek? We're not even dating." He replied as I chuckled at he reply.

"But, but.." She stuttered as she looked down trying to cry.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to be mean. But I find you extremely annoying and fake when you do that." He said as he moved his tray to my side and moved to sit next to me leaving her alone.

"It's her huh?" She said as she pointed at me.

"Me? We're friends, there's nothing wrong with that." I answered.

"Yes, you! It's your fault." She shouted.

"You know what 'Angel'." Jongup said. "Haneul and I are friends, we're not." 

"Ugh, I'll get you Haneul, watch your back." She said as she left.

"Is she always like that?" I asked.

"Pretty much, it's annoying." He replied with a sigh.

"So do you like her?" I asked.

"Her? No, no, I like this other girl. But I don't think she would have any interest in me." He sighed as he looked down.

"Aww, I bet she likes you too. She just wants you to make the first move." I said. "But if you confessed to her and she rejected you, that girl is blind. She doesn't know how great you are. I mean you're a full package." I smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled to me sweetly. We continued eating lunch until my friend Yuri saw me and walked up to me. 

"Can I talk to you Haneul?" 

"Yeah, okay." I replied as I stood up. "I'll be right back." I smiled to Jongup.

"Okay, don't take too long, I don't like being alone." He smiled.

"Okay." I laughed an turned to Yuri. "What is it?" I asked.

"You like him." She said. "I told you, you would change your mind!"

"Psh, me like him? I said I wouldn't." I replied.

"Haneul, your bluffing. I know your tell, you don't look at the person you're talking to. You avoid their eyes." 

"Okay, fine maybe." I bluffed. I admit, I....Do....

"I knew it, now go back over there." She laughed and pushed me towards him.

"Okay, okay. Fine, see you next period." I said to her as I walked towards him.

"What did she say to you?" He asked.

"Nothing, she needed to borrow something." I replied as I looked away, my tell was showing. Fortunately he doesn't know my tell, yet. 

"Okay then." He replied as we finished eating our lunch. We threw it away and decided we would walk around the school since lunch period wasn't over yet.

~Continue