Chapter 9

Protecting Me

 

Leeteuk shot up from where he was laying and ran down the stage “Kibum! Kibum are you ok!?”  When Leeteuk finally got there Kibum was breathing very heavily his eyes shut tight. Kibum groaned as he felt Leeteuk’s hand travel around his chest to see if he might have broken something. “Can you hear me Bummie?” Leeteuk asked fearing that Kibum had passed out but Kibum opened his eyes as his whole body ached “Leeteuk?”

“Oh thank goodness you’re alive!” Leeteuk felt his eyes glaze over with tears he refused to let them fall. Kibum managed to give him a small smile before he tried to sit up, only to be stopped by a million hands pushing him back down not so gently. Kibum finally looked passed Leeteuk to see the other members looking at him with a worried expression. “You alright Kibum?”  Shindong asked as he watched Kibum pant. Kibum nodded “Yeah hyung just got the wind knocked out of me.” Leeteuk frowned “You’re going to the hospital Kibum.” Kibum’s eyes widen he never liked hospitals that much “B-but why hyung!?”

“Because you just fell off the stage!” Kibum pouted “But hyung I’m alright.” Leeteuk just shook his head his eye blazing “No arguing Kibum you are going! No come on.” Finally Leeteuk had gotten Kibum in the hospital much to Kibum’s disappointment. Thankfully the doctor told them that Kibum didn’t break anything but just got some bruising and was probably going to be sore for a few days. After the hospital visit the manager suggested that Kibum go home and rest but Kibum repeatedly refused unless Leeteuk would also go home with him. After a few minutes of them arguing the manager finally let Leeteuk go.

When they got to the dorm Leeteuk did not look to happy “What exactly where you thinking peering over the edge like that? And didn’t I tell you to be careful!” Kibum flinched he never liked seeing an angry Leeteuk because that was just scary “I’m sorry hyung but I thought I saw someone watching us down there but when I looked nothing was there then suddenly I felt someone push me.” Leeteuk sat down next to Kibum as he realized it had to be Emily warning Kibum to stay away from him.

Kibum had no idea when he fell asleep and moved to Leeteuk’s bed, he jerked awake as he heard a door slamming shut. His whole upper body screaming in pain as he sat up to fast he blinks a couple of times before calling out for Leeteuk “Leeteuk? Hyungs?” No answer came so he got out of bed the house was quite so he figured that the other members were not home yet. As he searched the dorm he could not find Leeteuk anywhere suddenly fear gripped his heart and he felt like he couldn’t get enough air into his lungs no matter what “What if Emily took him!?” Kibum cursed himself for falling asleep and not looking out for his hyung.

Suddenly the front door opened reviling Leeteuk with bags filled with food “Oh Kibum what are you doing up? You should be resting.” Kibum felt like he was going to collapse from relief so he leaned onto the wall. “Bummie you feeling ok?” Kibum shook his head “I thought that Emily had… just… please don’t leave again without telling me.” Leeteuk felt guilt pierce his heart along with a warm feeling that he didn’t know what to name it. “Sorry Kibum I didn’t mean to make you worry.” Kibum smiled “Well next time please tell me first.” Leeteuk agreed.

Later that night Heechul decided to make sure that Leeteuk did like Kibum. Back during practice he had asked that girl to flirt with Leeteuk just to see what Kibum would do, which wasn’t much all he did was be more quite than usual and avoid talking to anybody. Now it was Leeteuk’s turn he was pretty happy on how Leeteuk had reacted when Kibum had fallen off the stage. (And no he didn’t plan that) Heechul had dragged Leeteuk to his and Hangeng’s room saying he just wanted to catch up with him.

Slowly and steadily Heechul tried to maneuver the conversation to Kibum “How is Kibum feeling?” Leeteuk smiled a bit “Fine now but he has been sleeping a lot because of the pain killers the doctor gave him.” Heechul gave a dramatic sigh “Man and he was so happy today, well before we started to practice.” Now Leeteuk was frowning “Really? Because before we went up on stage he looked a bit upset.” Heechul just smiled thinking so Leeteuk WAS paying attention to Kibum “He was just nervous. He told me he was going to ask this noona he liked that worked there.”

Leeteuk felt his heart drop and his body freeze up he didn’t want to admit it before but ever since Kibum came back he had been paying more attention on him than he should “Oh…” was all Leeteuk could spit out as he felt his throat close up and tear sting his eyes. Seeing the leader’s eyes become moist with tears Heechul held the urge to jump up and dance. Leeteuk jumped in the air as he heard Heechul’s loud laughter.  “I was joking Teukie! Man you should have seen your face it was priceless!”

Leeteuk glared at Heechul who was to buzy holding on to his stomach to notice with a grunt he stood up and slammed the door as he left Heechul a laughing mess. “YahPark Jungsu you can’t think about Kibum your dongsaeng like that!”  With a frustrating groan he crawled under his cover praying that sleep would quickly claim him.

***Why do I feel like this chapter is a total fail T.T***