Chapter 20

Protecting Me

 

Eunhyuk felt his heart stop for a split second before restarting itself and beating widly in his chest as he stared wide eyed at a furious looking Leeteuk. The room was filled with a thickening silence and Eunhyuk swore that his heart beat was the only thing that could be heard before clearing his throat “Hyung?” He winced when his voice came out shaking and barely audible.

Leeteuk’s angered waver as he saw that Eunhyuk was as pale as Donghae, he rubbed his temples to help him calm down a bit he didn’t want to scare the younger man. “Eunhyuk we need to talk.”

Eunhyuk felt his body stiffened he was scared at what the leader had to say. But none the less he felt himself nod. Leeteuk took a deep breath before sitting down next to Eunhyuk “Enhyuk whats going on?” Eunhyuk tilted his head in confusion “What do you mean hyung?” Leeteuk felt a sudden urge to face palm himself “I mean with you and Donghae?” He felt Eunhuyk shift away from him; he felt irritation bubbling beneath his skin “Why are you ignoring him?” Eunhyuk would dare meet his hyung’s eyes as he quietly whispered “I’m not ignoring him.”

Leeteuk scoffed “Please Eunhyuk don’t give me that! I see how you avoid being in the same room unless it can’t be helped. All I want to know is why.” Eunhyuk just stared as his hands in his lap as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

“Eunhyuk! I’m being serious! If you don’t fix things with him one or both of you will end up in the hospital and me no one wants that.” Eunhyuk flinched as he knew Leeteuk was right “Hyung is just I’m scared…”

All of the irritation and anger disappeared as he saw Eunhyuk’s eyes filled with unshed tears. He quickly pulled the younger man into a hug “About what Hyukkie?” Eunhyuk closed his eyes in order to prevent the tears from falling “Emily…” Leeteuk felt guilt stab him straight in the heart “Don’t worry she won’t be getting near you or any of the other members as long as I’m here.”

Eunhyuk sniffed “But hyung how can you do that?” Leeteuk gave him a small “Don’t worry about it Hyukkie. Now go and get Donghae back.” Leeteuk gently pushed Eunhyuk towards the door. “But hyung what if he doesn’t want to see me?” Leeteuk resisted the urge to roll his eyes “Trust me he will probably jump you before you can even open your mouth to apologize.” Eunhyuk finally smiled as he ran out the door to find his fishy.

Leeteuk sighed in relief that at least one problem was solved. “You did great Teukie.” Leeteuk looked up at Kibum who was leaning against the door frame. “Yah! It’s not nice to eavesdrop on your hyungs.” Kibum smiled “How else was I going to make sure you would get hurt by that monkey...” Leeteuk blushed and looked away from Kibum. “ But I am curious how are you going to keep that promise to him?” Leeteuk smiled “I’m not sure but you are helping me.”

Before Kibum could reply a loud thud was hard from the leaving room followed by a loud sqeel of “Hyukkie!” from Donghae.

I'm sorry for not updating sooner please forgive me!