Chapter 27

Protecting Me

 

Leeteuk sat up with a loud gasp as he quickly tried to find Kibum only to find him still trying to get up on shaky arms. “Kibum?” When Kibum turned his face towards Leeteuk he saw a bruise forming on his forehead.

Kibum cradled his head in his arms “Ugh I think I’m getting a headache.” Leeteuk helped him up as they tried to walk as fast as they could out the attic. When they finally got downstairs Leeteuk saw how Kibum swayed on his feet “Bummie you should rest.”

Kibum frowned and immediately shook his head only to end up hissing as he felt it throb with pain. Leeteuk’s frowned deepened “You see you need to rest.” But Kibum being Kibum had to argue back “No, the one who needs to rest is you Teukie. I know you are emotionally drained.”

Leeteuk smiled at him “Fine then lets both go to bed.” Kibum started to walk towards their bedroom when he remembered something “Wait I thought she gave you something.” Leeteuk bit his lip and nodded “Yeah she did… but I don’t think I have enough strength to deal with it right now. Can we do that tomorrow?” Kibum just nodded as he kissed Leeteuks forehead.

After Leeteuk practically forced Kibum to swallow some pain killers for his head they both drifted off to dreamland as an attempt of escaping the harsh reality that was waiting for them when they would have to read the letter the next day.

Leeteuk felt like he only slept 2 hours max when he heard a faint knock on the bedroom door, he groaned and buried his face in Kibum’s neck and tried to ignore the knocking thinking that if he didn’t make a sound the person would just go away. And to Leeteuk’s happiness the knocking stopped after the third try.

Leeteuk was being lulled back to sleep by Kibum’s heartbeat when he heard faint cries coming from the living room. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion “It’s too early for the members to be back already.” Leeteuk thought as he wiggled himself free from Kibum’s arms.

Tip toeing he made his way to the living room only to find a crying Henry on the couch. “Henry?” At hearing his name Henry jumped in fright which made him crash to the floor “Hyung! You scared me!” Henry tried to wipe his eyes as quickly as possible not wanting Leeteuk to see him like that. Leeteuk gave him a small smile “Sorry Henry… are you ok?”

Henry forced himself to smile “Of course hyung why wouldn’t I be.” Leeteuk sat himself next to Henry on the floor “Come on Henry I know something is bothering you. You know you can tell me anything.” At hearing this Henry’s eyes began to water again “Hyung it hurts.” Leeteuk’s eyes widen ‘did Henry get hurt on his way here’ Leeteuk thought “Where does it hurt?”

Henry grabbed onto his chest “It hurts in there hyung so much!” That’s when Henry’s tears came pouring down. Leeteuk was taken by surprise but didn’t hesitate to pull him into a hug “Shhh Henry its going to be ok. Just tell me why?”  Henry hiccupped as he tried to answer Leeteuk “Zhou Mi he… he… he just.” Henry became a sobbing mess in Leeteuk’s arms.

Leeteuk never stopped rubbing Henry’s back to at least try to calm him down a bit “What did Zhou Mi do?” Henry looked down and refused to lock eyes with his hyung “He likes Kyuhyun.” Leeteuk couldn’t help the smiled that made its way to his lips “Oh Henry.” He ruffled the younger ones hair affectionately “He doesn’t.”

Henry frowned “Yes he does!” Leeteuk didn’t even try to stop the chuckle that escaped his lips “Trust me he doesn’t.” Henry shook his head “But he is always with him.” Leeteuk wiped the still falling tears from Henry’s face “He just enjoys his company, plus I am pretty sure Zhou Mi has his eyes set on somebody else.”

Henry’s face scrunched up in pain as more tears broke free “You’re suppose to make me feel better hyung!” Leeteuk just shook his head “I meant you!” Henry went completely still in Leeteuk’s arms “What?” Leeteuk pinched his cheek “Ah innocent Henry have you not seen the way he looks at you?” Henry blushed as he shook his head. Leeteuk smiled “Trust me he is head over heels in love with you.”

Leeteuk spent about another 30 minutes trying to convince Henry that Zhou Mi did like him and another hour to convince him that he should talk to Zhou Mi about it. Before they knew it they had both fallen asleep on the living room floor.

Kibum moved his arm around the bed trying to find Leeteuk’s warm body coming back empty handed his mind went into over drive as he jumped out of bed. “Please don’t tell me Emily took him or worse!” He was about to make a dash into the attic when some movement coming from the living room caught his eye. A smile of pure affection grazed Kibums face as he saw Henry and Leeteuk sleeping peacefully “At least something are still alright.”

 

Ah I seriously don't know what I'm even writing anymore! The story keeps changing directions. Oh well lets see where it lead to. But I still hope you guys like this chapter ^^

Thanks for reading!