Are You Jealous?

Daily Songs

 

(JK's POV)

 

“TO JO KWON!!

 

Seulong hyung shouted. Everyone cheered and raised their glasses to toast about me. After the try-outs, all of us except Doojoon and Jinwoon, headed to the nearest restaurant to celebrate my victory at the try-outs earlier.

 

Flashback: 2 hours ago at Kyung Hee University's field

One. Two. BANG!!

 

As soon as gun was fired, Cha Sunwoo ran for his life. He was leading the race. Meanwhile, Jo Kwon was just jogging and looking bored.

“What the?” The team captain said. “Yah, what is that kid doing?” He pointed at Kwon. “Why is he slacking off? I thought he was the youngest national track and field champion?”

The co-captain of the team shrugged. “Who told you that?”

“The soccer team's captain, Im Seulong.”

“Maybe he was just kidding?” The co-captain said as he followed Kwon's jogging. “Or maybe that kid is the youngest champion but he lost his flair.”

The captain shook his head. “Ah~ If he did lose his skills then its a waste. We need someone like him in the team.”

Meanwhile at the stands, Seulong and Changmin looked dumbfounded when they saw Kwon jogging. “Y-- Yah.” Seulong pointed at Kwon while nudging Changmin. “What is that kid doing?”

“I don't know!!” Changmin replied. “YAH KWON-AH!! RUN FASTER!!” He shouted.

 

“Oppa, there's no use of shouting that to Kwonnie. He can't hear you.” Ga In suddenly spoke. Unlike the five of them who were tensed up, she was relaxing in her seat with a normal expression.

 

Jea looked at her dongsaeng weirdly. “Yah Son Ga In. How can you be relaxed when Jo Kwon is losing?”

“Aigoo.” She sighed. “Unnie, I can guarantee you that Kwonnie will not lose this one.”

“Huh? How?” Seulong asked.

Ga In looked at her watch and smiled. “Yah Im Seulong, look at him in three, two...” She glanced at Kwon and her smile widened. “One.”

 

Kwon smirked as he ran in full speed. Earlier, the gap was pretty big as Sunwoo started fast but now the gap was slowly getting smaller. Everyone except Ga In had their eyes wide and mouths open in awe and amazement. Ga In was still relaxing in her seat, now looking bored.

 

The track team was also surprised with Kwon's sudden speed. “Ya-- Yah.” The captain's eyes were wide open in amazement. “Yah look at that kid go!”

“Omo. He's now leading. He took the lead in just 7 seconds?!” The co-captain shouted.

Sunwoo was surprised as well. “Hold on, he was just at my back a few seconds ago. How did he...?” He suddenly stopped as Kwon reached the finish line.

Kwon hurriedly went to the side of the team. “Excuse me, did someone time my run?” He asked the very shocked track team. No one responded to him. Kwon looked confused and awkwardly waved his hand. “Hello? Can I see my time?”

“Ah. Ah! Yes!” One of the team members snapped out of trance and showed Kwon the timer. 

Kwon shook his head in disappointment. “Aigoo. 15 seconds? Tsk.” He shook his head again. “Ah. I should not have fooled around from the start.

“E-- Excuse me?” The team captain approached him. “Y-- You're disappointed with your time?” Kwon nodded. “But, that's the best time that we ever got so far!”

Kwon eyes got wide. “Eh? Really?”

“Mm. If you don't mind, what's your best time?” The co-captain was now suddenly beside the team captain. 

Everyone in the team were now looking at Kwon. He felt embarrassed. “Uhm. 50 meters, 6.28. 100 meters, 10?” Kwon said, unsure. “Oh no, I think it's between 9-12 seconds. Sorry I can't remember. But I think it's between those times.”

The team were silent for a few minutes which made Kwon uncomfortable. Suddenly, the team captain approached him with a big smile on his face...

 

Meanwhile at the stands, Ga In first glanced at Kwon who was surrounded by the team before checking the state of her unnies, Changmin and Seulong.

She was surprised when she saw them all frozen in their place. Seulong has his mouth open while Changmin was frozen while pointing at the finish line. She then glanced at her unnies. Two of them have their hands over their mouths while Jea had her eyes open wide.

Ga In quickly took out her phone and snapped at photo of the scene. “Ah~ I can use this in the near future.” After placing her phone back, she clapped loudly, making everyone flinch and surprise. 

“Ga In-ah.” Narsha was the first one to speak. “What just happened?”

Seulong quickly went to her side and shook her violently. “Yah. Son Ga In. What was that..” He said. “What the hell was that?!”

“I don't know.” She said innocently. Ga In turned her head towards the field and saw that Kwon was being congratulated by the whole team. An automatic smile crept up her face. “I guess you all just have to ask Kwonnie later when we celebrate.”

End of Flashback.

 

 

After the toast, everyone drank and clapped again. Seulong hyung grabbed me by the neck and did a headlock. “Aigoo. You brat.” He said as he messed up my hair. “You really unbelievable. Yah who knew that you run like that?

“Kwon-ah. You surprised us back there.” Miryo noona said.

“Miryo's right.” Narsha noona now spoke. “We thought you're going to lose on purpose or something happened at the field that's why you were running so slow.

“But you were going to surprise us!” Changmin hyung exclaimed. “Yah~ Our Kwonnie like to put on a show eh.

“Yah Kwon-ah.” Jea noona spoke in a serious tone. I can't help but look at her direction even though I'm still trapped in Seulong hyung's head lock. She had her eyes wide and seriously asked me... 

 

“Are you human?

 

I blinked. Everyone was silent when Jea noona asked that question seriously. I felt Seulong hyung's grip at my neck loosen and I took that opportunity to break free from him. Jea noona was still staring at me. I tried my best to supress my laughter but I failed. I started laughing at her.

“What~?” Jea noona asked. Now everyone was laughing. “Seriously? What's wrong with my question?” She looked around.

I shook my head and waved my arms lightly while smiling. “No. Nothing's wrong noona.” 

“Oh, Kwonnie. You should tell Jinwoon and Doojoon that we're here.” Seulong hyung ordered me as he grabbed another can of beer. “They're missing out on all the fun.

As I took out my phone, I saw Narsha noona eye Ga In noona. “Ohh~ Look Ga In-ah. That cute player earlier is coming over.

I froze. “Eh? Unnie what are you saying?” Ga In noona replied with a defensive tone. Narsha noona just laughed at Ga In noona's reaction.

“Yah. Kwon-ah.” Changmin hyung snapped me back to reality. “Are you texting the two kids?

“Huh? Ah. Yeah.” I nodded. After I texted the two, I secretly glanced beside me. Ga In noona was fanning herself because of Narsha noona's statement.

“Noona, are you okay?” I asked as I lightly tapped her shoulder. She nodded. “But noona doesn't look okay to me..?

Ga In noona shook her head. “No. I'm fine.” She then sighed and suddenly smacked me in the head. “You idiot. Why did you do your little show earlier?

 

“Ah why noona? I didn't do anything wrong!

“Yes you did! You were showing off. Tch.” She shook her head. “Yah, you could've just finished that race quietly but no~ you have to show off to everyone again. Aigoo. This Jo Kwon.

“Noona why are you complaining? At least I got into the team! You pushed me to do this you know.” I snapped at her, irritated. Seriously, this noona sometimes irritates me to death.

“But why did you have to show off?

“I didn't show off!

 

“Yah~ You two are funny.” Seulong hyung suddenly spoke. “It's like you two have your own little world when you see each other.

Narsha noona clapped in agreement. “Ohh~! Seulongie is right!” She then pointed at us. “You two are like boyfriend and girlfriend because of the way you bicker!

“No No.” Jea noona was now shaking her head in disagreement. “They're like a married couple!

 

“EH?

“WHAT?

 

The two of us reacted at the same time. “Ohh look, they are even synchronized when they are reacting.” Miryo noona pointed out.

“NO!!” Again, the two of us shouted. Ga In noona and I glared at each other.

I was going to say something but a loud knock was produced from the door. Miryo noona opened it because she was near the door.

 

“JO KWON-AH!!

 

Doojoon ran towards my direction and hugged me. Oh wait, more like strangle me. I saw Jinwoon enter and bowed to everyone before going to my place. “Jinwoonie, save me.” I pleaded the maknae.

“Yah Kwonnie hyung~” He ignored my plea and ruffled my hair. “I thought you won't try out for the team?

“I wasn't planning to. But someone forced me.” I bitterly glared at Ga In noona, who was busy with her phone.

Doojoon let go of me with a confused face. “Forced you?” He cocked his head sideways. “We can't even force you to buy us dinner but someone forced you to try-out for the team? Yah~ I want to meet this person.

“She's right over there.” Seulong hyung said to Doojoon. “The one who can control the uncontrollable Jo Kwon, Son Ga In.

Doojoon followed Seulong hyung's finger until he saw Ga In noona. “Yah Son Ga In.” Seulong hyung shouted. “Be polite and greet my friends.

Ga In noona put her phone down and glared at Seulong hyung. “Yah Im Seulong. Stop ordering me around.” She glared at him for a few more seconds then she turned to our direction.

“Ah! Uh. Hello. I'm Son Ga In.” She extended her hand towards Doojoon with a shy smile.

Doojoon took her hand politely and gave a smile. “He-- Hello. I'm Yoon Doojoon.” He was still holding her hand while he pointed at Jinwoon. “And that over there is Jung Jinwoon.

Ga In noona nodded and smiled again at Doojoon. I felt uncomfortable...

 

 

 

Because there was something weird with Ga In noona's smile.

 

“Jinwoon-ah. How old are you again?

 

The noonas except for Ga In noona were busy bugging Jinwoon. They thought that he's really cute because he's the youngest among us. “Ah.  I'm 17.” He smiled. The noonas swooned when he answered and his smile got bigger. I guess Jinwoon likes the attention.

“Tch. These three noonas.” Seulong hyung said as he gave them a weird look. “They only appreciate those who are more younger than them.

Changmin hyung nodded in agreement. “Aigoo Seulong-ah. If you only know how embarrassed I feel whenever I see then swooning over someone younger than us.” He patted hyung's shoulders. “But they didn't react like that when Ga In introduced Kwonnie though.

“Ey. Thta's because Ga Innie and Kwonnie go way back and...” Seulong hyung looked at me and I blinked. “I don't know. I guess Kwonnie is not that cute.

I threw a crumpled napkin towards their direction. “Hyung what did you say?

“Nothing. Mehrong~” Seulong hyung stuck his tongue out. “Yah. You two. How long will you talk among yourselves?” He pointed out at Doojoon nad Ga In noona.

Thank goodness Seulong hyung pointed them out. I've been really uncomfortable ever since the two of them started talking on their own. Doojoon's actions were also irritating. He even squeezed himself in between us so he could properly sit and talk to Ga In noona. I felt isolated. Tonight was supposed to be a happy night but--

 

Wait. Am I getting jealous?

 

“Kwon-ah.” I heard Jea noona's voice. “Are you okay?

“Oh? Ah. Mm.” Jea noona must've noticed me spacing out. I let out a deep sigh. “Excuse me. I'll just go out for some air.” I left the room and wandered out for a while.

 

 

After 30 minutes of walking around, I found a convenience store. Feeling hungry since I only drank one can of beer, I entered the convenience store and grabbed the nearest ramen I could find. When I approached the counter, there was a girl sitting on top of it and was immersed in the book that she was reading. “Uhm..” I stood in front of her awkwardly. 

She didn't seem to notice me because she was still reading her book. I faked a cough and she suddenly jumped. “What-- Huh?” She stared at me. “ What do you want?” She sounded irritated.

I quietly raised my cup of ramen. She swiftly grabbed it and jumped to the back of the cash register. She was pouting when she was punching the numbers. “2259.89 won.”

“EH?! Seriously?!” She nodded with a blank expression. “That's. Ah nevermind.” I was going to complain that it was too expensive but my stomach growled loudly. I gave up and handed her the money and she laughed at me while giving the change.

“Hot water and chopsticks are over there by the ice cream fridge.” The girl pointed before going back to her book.

I glared at her before going to the back of the store to cook my food. There was an empty table by the window so I decided to sit there after pouring the hot water. “3 minutes.” I dropped my head down at the table and waited for my food.

But my eyes felt tired so I ended up going to dreamland.

 

“Kwon-ah.

Someone was shaking me. But I was so comfortable in my position. I decided to ignore the shaking.

“Jo Kwon.

Still ignoring. “Go away.” I decided to speak before the person bugs me again. The person didn't shake me for a few minutes...

He or she smacked me in the head. Hard.

“Ah what the-- Ga In noona?

 

 

“Yah. Why didn't you return to the room?” She said as she blew the steam from my food and helped herself with it. “We were all waiting for you. You were supposed to eat the food over there, not this one.” Ga In noona took another bite.

I raised an eyebrow at her. “Tch. Look who's eating the food over here though.” Her hair was a bit messy so I fixed it. “Noona, why is your hair messy? And are they still there?

“Itsmessybecasjdbsdjfenbrjeyou.

“Excuse me.” My tone was sarcastic. “Please don't talk when your mouth is full.

Ga In noona chewed and swallowed before repeating her words. “I said it's messy because I was looking for you idiot.” She stood up to buy something to drink. “And no. We all left after we ate because Jea unnie got drunk. Narsha unnie tricked Im Seulong to pay the tab.

My heart was beating fast again as I watched her grab two bottles of water and walked to the cashier. A few minutes later, she came back with a small plastic bag. “What's that?” I asked her as soon as she sat down.

She answered my question by taking out two bottles of water and two ice creams. Noona gave me one of the ice creams that she bought. “Here.” I took it and looked at her with a confused expression. “That's my congratulatory gift for you.

“Ice cream?! Seriously?!

Ga In noona pushed the ice cream to my face. “There's no cake here. If there was then I would've bought that instead of this one.” She opened her ice cream. “Just eat it.

I shook my head. “Tch.” I wasn't planning to eat the ice cream in protest but my stomach let out another low growl. Ga In noona looked at me then laughed out loud. I dropped my head in embarrassement. “Thanks.

“Omooo~ Kwonnie said thanks. Good boy.” She patted me on the head.

“Yah.” My voice was obviously happy but I was trying to hide it. “Am I a dog?” She nodded. “Ah. Seriously. This noona.

Ga In noona finished her ice cream and drank water. “What? What did I do?” She said as she placed the bottled down. “Oh, that Doojoon guy. He's your room mate right?” My insides turned when she mentioned Doojoon's name. I avoided her eyes and quietly nodded. “He seems... Interesting.” She said.

“Ah. He's okay, I guess.” I was now playing with my empty ice cream container. “Doojoonie is a nice guy.

She was suddenly laughing. “Yah~ What's wrong now? Your voice suddenly turned cold.” Ga In noona tapped me and I looked at her. “Are you jealous?

“NO!

 

Ga In noona was smiling at me. I felt at ease because it was the usual smile that she flashed at me. “Aigoo.” She wrapped her right hand at my shoulder. “Our Kwonnie is obviously jealous. But don't worry. Noona will not replace you.” She giggled. “You're still my Jo Kwon.

 

I can't help but let a deep sigh out. I hate it when she's saying those things. It just makes everything complicated.. Sort of. “Noona what are you talking about, I am not jealous!” I was back to my acting.

“Ohooo. Whatever you say, Jo Kwon.” She stood up and pinched my cheeks. “Whatever you say.” She grabbed our empty ice cream containers and the half finished ramen and placed it all inside the plastic bag. Then, she threw it on the trash can that was just a few feet away from her.

 

“Let's go jealous boy. It's getting late already.

“I told you I am not jealous!” I stomped my feet in protest. Ga In noona laughed. She thought I was just acting cute again but I wasn't. I'm not jealous. Not at all.

 

 

I'm just super jealous.

a/n:

Well. This took me a bit long to write. That's because I'm spending my free time sleeping. OTL So, Kwonnie is starting to be jealous. Ohh~ To me, that's just like level one of his jealousy. More to come. Hihihi.

Oh, and the girl from the convenience store... That's not her only appearance in the fic. I'll introduce her as we go on. :3

I was supposed to explain the reason why does Jea, Narsha and Miryo preferred to be called like that instead of their real names but I can't see an opening as I wrote this. Guess I just have to find another opportunity for that explanation.

I really like writing Ga-in as someone who bothers Jo Kwon a lot. It kind of cracks me up. lol.

New, old and silent readers: Welcome~ lol. Hello! :D and many many Thank you for reading my messy fic. I still think this is a bit messy because it's in first person so forgive me if I confuse you all sometimes. //bows// (___) just let me know if you guys are getting confused and I'll switch back to 3rd person right away. (__)

Off to write the nxt chapter... or off to watch Invincible Youth Season 1... lol I'm re-watching the show again because I miss BEG on variety shows. I hope they participate on variety shows once they have their rumored summer comeback. >_<

Till the next update! :D