Awkward Reunion

Daily Songs

 

(No One's POV)

 

“Yah Kwon-ah, didn't I just say not to tu-- Oh. You have something on your forehead.

 

Doo Joon turned around to nag Kwon about looking back but was surprised when he saw that something was stuck on Kwon's forehead. “Yah Jin Woon, look at this.

Jin Woon peered at Kwon's direction and started to laugh as soon as he saw the note stuck on Kwon's forehead. “Hyung, what's that?

“I don't know.” Doo Joon said before Kwon can speak up. “Why don't we ask our Kwonnie here?

“Ah what the hell?!” Kwon said in an irritated voice. “I know something is stuck in my head, Yoon Doo Joon. I can see it very well.

 

For some odd reason, Kwon feels frozen. He can't move his feet nor his arms. Is this because Ga In noona was inches away from me earlier? Strange. He thought.

 

Then, he suddenly saw movements from his sides.

Doo Joon and Jin Woon now started to go in front of Kwon to read the note. “Yah. What are you guys doing?” But the two of them didn't listen and still went in front of him.

“Yah. Yah YAH!” Kwon shouted. “Read the note and I will seriously kill the two of you.

“Aigooo. Look Jin Woonie.” Doo Joon said. “Your Kwonnie hyung is threatening us. What do we do~?” He said with a teasing voice.

Jin Woon laughed and patted Kwon's head. “Hmm. We'll see. Let's just read the note first and find out if Kwonnie hyung can really kill us.

“Sounds like a great plan, Mr. Jung Jin Woon.” Doo Joon was now trying to hold his laughter. “Let's read it, but silently.” With that, the two of them read the note while Kwon is frozen in his place.

“YAHHH~ Stop it~!” Kwon pleaded. He was going to run away from the two, but they started to laugh again. Eh? Is the note funny or are they making fun of me again?

Jin Woon cleared his throat loudly. “Doo Joonie hyung, I'm jealous~ 

“Why, Jin Woon-ah?” Doo Joon sounded concerned.

What has gotten into these two? “Ah what are you two doing now?” Kwon was seriously getting irritated.

 

“Because, classes haven't started yet and Kwonnie hyung already has a date.

Kwon's eyes widened. “D-- Da--- DATE?!

 

Doo Joon smacked him in the head, making the note fall to the ground. “Yah~ Kwon-ah, your acting is so obvious.” He said. “This person obviously knows you, and you obviously know this person because you turned around when she called you fart face.

“Ah why~? Wouldn't you turn around if someone calls you fart face?” Kwon asked them.

Doo Joon looked at him weirdly while Jin Woon laughed. “Why would I turn around?” Doo Joon said. “I'm not a fart face. You turning around means two things in my opinion. One, that's one of your nickames.” He looks at the note on the floor. “Or two, you really are a fart face and you acknowledge that.” Doo Joon was about to laugh but he stopped just in case Kwon will hit him.

 

“What-- Ah--- I'm not--” Kwon was stuttering. “AH I DON'T KNOW!!

 

“Hyung.” Jin Woon finally stopped laughing. “Just look at your note.” He then turned to Doo Joon and placed his arm around his shoulders. “Doo Joon hyung, let's go. Let's not disturb Kwonnie hyung for now. He needs to plan out his date for later.

 

“LATER?!

 

Doo Joon laughed. “Yah Jin Woon-ah. You're spoiling the note. Just shut up.” The two of them started walking and was now leaving Kwon. “Bye Kwon-ah! You know where to find us if you need our help~

“But hyung, I don't think Kwonnie hyung needs our help...?” Jin Woon said as they were a few feet away from Kwon.

Doo Joon lightly slapped his arm. “Oh Jin Woonie. He needs our help.” He said confidently. “Trust me. Want to bet on it?

“CALL!!

 

Meanwhile, Kwon looked at his friends who were heading back to their dorm building. “Ah. So irritating.” He said before he bent down and picked the note up.

Kwon read the note silently, with his mouth pouting. “AH WHAT THE HELL NOONA?!” He shouted, making the people passing by look at him weirdly.

“Does she really have to call me fart face? ” He sighed. “Well, I guess I better get ready for later.

Kwon took out his wallet and placed the note inside. He put the wallet away and skipped towards his dorm building with a big smile on his face.

 

 

Ga In's note to Kwon:

010-0302-0920.

Yah, fart face. Meet me later at 7pm at the entrace of the campus. It's a date, okay? Ditch me and I will hunt you down.

 

(JK's POV)

 

“Omo. Look who got back after reading the note for 30 minutes.” Doo Joon sneered at me as I entered our room.

I already expected him to tease me to death when I arrive so I put on my best poker face. “30 minutes? Yah Yoon Doo Joon, the distance from here to the restaurant is 30 minutes. Me reading the note that long doesn't make sense, you know.

He laughed. “Ah. You're right. So... I'm guessing you won't join me and Jin Woonie to eat later huh?” He flipped a page of the comic book that he was reading. “He said that his room mate will join us later. But I guess you won't get a chance to meet him.

“I guess not~” I lazily stood up and went to my wardrobe. Since this is the first time that I will meet Ga In noona, I have to at least look presentable. 

“Oh. You're going to pick out your outfit for later?” Doo Joon said from his side. I nodded. “Want me to help you?” He offered, but with a really loud voice.

“What's with the tone of the voice Doo Joon-ah?” I glanced at him weirdly before going back to looking at my clothes and accessories.

I heard his bed creak, so I assumed that he stood up. “Kwon-ah, you need help with your outfit for later?” He said again but this time, with a more powerful voice.

“Ah why are you--” I turned around to nag Doo Joon about his voice. But I found him leaning at our door. “Why are you so weird?” But he ignored me.

“Ohhh~ KWON-AH. OKAY I WILL HELP YOU OUT SINCE YOU LOOK DESPERATE AND NEED MY HELP AND ASKED FOR IT.

I look desperate... What. “Yah Yoon Doo Joon.” My voice was starting to go up. “Why are you acting so--” Before I could finish my sentence, there was a loud bang at our door. Doo Joon flinched.

“What the he--” There was another bang and the door flew open, making Doo Joon fall to the ground. Jin Woon entered the room and hurriedly went to my side. 

“Hyung, you don't need any help right? You can go on that date without help right?

The kid was shaking me, as if I was possessed or something. What's going on... “What-- You're acting--

 

“Yah Jin Woon-ah. What are you doing? He needs my help!” Doo Joon was now up and started to push the maknae away. “Kwon-ah, you asked for my help right?

But Jin Woon resisted. ”What? You're lying hyung!” Jin Woon faced me. “Kwonnie hyung, you don't need any he--

 

“AH CAN YOU TWO STOP ACTING WEIRD!!

 

The two of them were surprised with me suddenly raising my voice. Doo Joon stopped pushing Jin Woon, but his hand was still on his shoulders. Jin Woon stopped shaking me, but his hand was still on my shoulders.

I brushed off Jin Woon's hands and stood as far away from them as possible. “What's with you two, huh?” Okay, here comes nagging Kwon. 

 

“Why are you acting weird? And Doo Joon, I don't look desperate and no I didn't ask for you help and Jin Woon why the heck did you bang on our door? What if the door collapsed? Would you pay for it? Yah you guys. Are you two up to something again. Stop being weird.

 

I sighed as I finished my monologue. The two of them looked surprised and they are still frozen in their position. I think I should just go with my current outfit. “I'm going out to kill time.” I shot them one last judging look before going out. “Weirdos.

 

“HYUNG I WON THE BET!!

“NO FAIR! I SWEAR KWON NEEDED MY HELP!!

 

My head dropped. “Ah seriously those two. Making a bet about me.” As I walked out of the building, I checked my bag if I left anything at the room. I don't want to go back there and see those two bicker about their bet. “Everything seems to be fine.” 

 

I took out my phone and sent my first message to Ga In noona.

 

|| JeA - Let's Hug ||

(JK's POV)

 

It was already 7:30 in the evening and there was still no sign of Ga In noona. This is not an unusual thing for me because Ga In noona is usually late. Although it's kind of irritating to wait. “Ah what's taking her so--” Suddenly, my phone beeped.

 

From: Ga In noona; 7:32 pm

Yah. Are you already there?

 

“Tch. Don't tell me this noona is going to say that she overslept or something.

 

To: Ga In noona; 7:35 pm

Mm. Noona, where are you? It's cold you know. I forgot to bring my jacket! >_<

 

That is half true. I have my jacket here with me.. I'm even wearing it right now. I'm just making up an excuse so that she'd rush over here.

 

“Aigooo~ You're really a liar, aren't you Jo Kwon-ssi?

 

Someone said from my behind. I turned around and was surprised when I saw Ga In noona suddenly standing in front of me. “Whaaat~ You look like you've seen a ghost.” She was laughing.

 

I don't know what got into me. But as soon as the fact that she's in front of me has sunken in, I hugged her.

 

“Ah! Wha-- Yah! Jo Kwon!” She was resisting and was obviously shocked with my sudden move. “Yah. Yah.” Noona tapped my shoulders. “Yah, Kwon-ah--- Noona can't breathe.” Now she was furiously tapping my shoulders. I flinched and let go of her.

She was furiously catching her breath and fanning herself with her hand. I felt embarrassed and started to fan her with my hand. “Noona, I'm sorry.” I said as I patted her back.

“It's.” Huff. “Okay.” Another huff. Ga In noona now stood up and whacked my head. “What's with the sudden hug, huh?

To be honest, I don't know what's with the sudden hug. “Eyy noona. I was just surprised that you showed up.” I said, now smiling at her.

“Ohh~ Now what's with that awkward smile?” She was laughing again. Was I really showing an awkward smile? I don't know. “Yah, what's with you today? You're acting weird.

I shook my head vigorously. “No I'm not. Anyway, why were you late?” I was now trying to change the subject. “You said 7 pm but why were you.” I checked my watch. “30 minutes late?!

“I wasn't late.” She pouted. “I just got caught up with some stuff. Let's go eat. I'm starving.” Ga In noona then grabbed my wrist and started to drag me. “I know this good ramen place nearby the school gates.” She said. “You'll pay, right?

 

“EH? Yah, why would I pay noona?

“Because you're the guy. Guys are supposed to pay when they eat with a girl.

“But noona, you're late!

“Well then pay the bill later because I'm the noona and you should respect that!

“You always tell that you're the noona whenever something beneficial comes at you!

“Are you raising your voice at me!

“No! This is my normal voice!

 

We bickered all the way to the ramen shop. She was really insisting that I pay the food. Being the good dongsaeng of hers, I hastily gave up and decided to pay the bill.

“Aigoo~ That's the Kwonnie I know.” Ga In noona patted my head like a little kid.

Tch. I will get back at this noona someday. “Noona, what's up with the sudden "date"?” Yes, I did the hand gesture quote-unquote when I asked her.

She just shrugged. “Why~? Am I not allowed to ask you to eat out?” She then slapped my arm. “You don't want to see me, do you?

“Eh? It's not that noona. I was just surpised...” I was going to say that I was surprised that she spoke to me all of a sudden but it may ruin the mood. She looked at me with a confused expression, I shook my head. “Ah. Nevermind. Just get what you want noona since this is the last time I'm going to pay for your meal.

Ga In noona smirked. “Tch. Last time. Whatever you say, Jo Kwon.” She was now smiling. “Whatever you say.

 

The two of us talked all night. She asked about my parents and I told her that they miss her. Ga In noona apologized for not visiting them and promised that she would visit them this year. She was also telling me about a party for the new students that they are organizing. 

“Kwon-ah, you should definitely come.” Noona said. “I'll introduce you to my unnies.” I just nodded in response. It sounds fun. I'll tell Jin Woon and Doo Joon about it when I get back later.

 

We left the shop at around 10. The two of us were now walking to Ga In noona's apartment. “Noona, is your place far?

“Hmm. Not really. It's over there.” She pointed at the building with... well I guess that there was 15 floors. I really can't see it properly because it's dark. “Why, are you getting sleepy?” She was now starting to tease my again.

I gave her my irritated expression which made her laugh. “No~! I was just asking because I'm curious. Aish this noona, always teasing me...” I just heard her giggle.

After a few minutes, we reached the building. Both of us stopped at the entrance and there was a pretty long awkward silence. I bowed down and focused on the floor since I can't think of anything to say to her. The more I look at the floor, the more uncomfortable I become so I decided to break the awkward atmosphere.

 

“Noona.

“Kwon-ah.

 

I was surprised. Both of us spoke at the same time. She must be thinking that the atmosphere suddenly got awkward. I motioned her to speak first, but she glared at me. “You go.” She said.

“Uhm.” I absentmindedly touched my hair. “Ah. I just want to say that I'm really happy that noona and I went on this "date". But I'm not happy that I paid for everything.

Ga In noona smacked me in the head. “You didn't have to add the paying part, idiot.

“Why~? It's true!” She's right. I didn't have to add that part but I did just to lift the weird awkward atmosphere.

Noona just laughed. “Yah. You should go. Your dorm is on the other side of the campus, right?” I nodded. She then turned me around and started to push me away from the building.

“Noona what are you doing?” I was amused with the way that she was trying to push me so I laughed. “Stop pushing me~

“Eyy if I don't do this you will not go away.

She was still pushing me. “Ah what do you mean? I already nodded when you told me to go back.” I said with a very sarcastic tone. I was waiting for her response, but she suddenly became quiet. “Noona?” I noticed that she was not pushing me anymore. “Are you sleeping?” Yes, this is a very nice and logical question to ask Jo Kwon.

“Kwon-ah.” She said.

 

Then all of a sudden, I felt her arms wrap around my waist. The pushing became a sudden back hug.

“I'm sorry if I didn't try and keep a decent communication with you when I entered here.” She said. “I should've tried, but I got scared that I might distract you from your studies.

 

I was about to answer back at her but she stopped me. “Don't talk you kid. Let me finish.

 

“I'm really glad and grateful that you kept you're promise. You didn't know how much I sufferred during my first year here. The unnies were a big help, but you're different. You understand me more. Plus, you know that I can't live without Kkap Kwon by my side right? So from now on, I will try to treat you better.

“Kwon-ah. Thank you for keeping your promise.

 

I felt her hands leave my waist after she thanked me. She then turned me around and smacked me in the head. Noona must've noticed that I was still dazed with what hapened. “I'll head inside now. See you later Kwonnie~” I watched, dazed as Ga In noona walked inside the building.

The sound of my phone brought me back to reality. I must've stood for at least 30 minutes since the time said that it was almost 11 in the evening.

 

From: Ga In noona; 10:47 pm

I forgot to tell this earlier. Stop being awkward. The atmosphere starts to get awkward when you get awkward. It's weird and stop being weird.

Oh, and I'll tell you the details for the party when it's done. You better not ditch this one. I already told the unnies that you're coming. They're excited to meet you.

I missed you, Jo Kwon. Goodnight!

 

I stood there and read the message again. Something is weird though.

 

I missed you, Jo Kwon.

My heart starts to beat fast whenever I read the last line....

 

 

Don't tell me that I'm starting to to fall in love with Ga In noona.

 

a/n:

Phew. Another long one. I'm starting to get used to writing long ones now because I don't want to miss out on details. Does that make me a vert detailed person. lol.

Anyway, So far.. I think this is not my best chapter. Something's missing... but I can't figure out what it is. But anyway, I hope you guys like it. :3 I'll make it up the next chapter. 

Made a few changes: JK = Jo Kwon. Hihi.

Let's Hug is actually my favorite track off JeA's album. It gives us the sweet voice of our raccoon leader-nim. My next favorite would be While You're Asleep and Days and Nights. :D

Well getting past this chapter really excites me because on the next chapters we now get to see Kwonnie... I don't want to spoil so I'll stop here. HAHA.

Oh, and did you guys see Jinwoon's latest episode of WGM? Kwonnie mentioned his wife again with a big smile on his face. :3 He talked about the night where Ga-in showed her no make-up face to him plus the couple ring event that failed completely. LOL He's really all smiles at the episode. :3

To the old and new subs plus silent readers: Hello~! And thank you for reading the fic. :3

Well, till the next update~ :D